Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,053 members, 7,807,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

I'm Hiv Positive, Can I Immigrate To Canada? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Hiv Positive, Can I Immigrate To Canada? (2796 Views)

Which Country Can I Immigrate To With 10m / Where Can I Immigrate To With Six Million Naira / 10 Best Countries To Immigrate By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Hiv Positive, Can I Immigrate To Canada? by lisak7(f): 1:43am On Oct 11, 2017
I'm hiv positive and I'm planning on moving to Canada although I haven't started the process yet. Though I didn't go to the university, I'm quite educated and have a handwork as a cake baker and designer, I also make pastries. But due to my health status I cannot get a job here in Nigeria. What are my chances of getting a Canadian employment visa and will I be refused due to my condition?

1 Like

Re: I'm Hiv Positive, Can I Immigrate To Canada? by ElDaIllest(m): 1:47am On Oct 11, 2017
lisak7:
I'm hiv positive and I'm planning on moving to Canada although I haven't started the process yet. Though I didn't go to the university, I'm quite educated and have a handwork as a cake baker and designer, I also make pastries. But due to my health status I cannot get a job here in Nigeria. What are my chances of getting a Canadian employment visa and will I be refused due to my condition?
Let's wait for the immigration experts in the house,you have a strong spirit.Keep it up,some might have been depressed or done something awkward but you keep pushing on.God bless your handwork Anty.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Hiv Positive, Can I Immigrate To Canada? by lisak7(f): 1:52am On Oct 11, 2017
ElDaIllest:
Let's wait for the immigration experts in the house,you have a strong spirit.Keep it up,some might have been depressed or done something awkward but you keep pushing on.God bless your handwork Anty.
Thank you smiley
Re: I'm Hiv Positive, Can I Immigrate To Canada? by Afam4eva(m): 5:19am On Oct 11, 2017
Here's what i curled up as it pertains to being HIV positive and emigrating to Canada:

1.1 Medical examination

All applicants for permanent residency in Canada over 15 years of age are required to undergo an immigration medical examination, including an HIV test.

A positive HIV test result can make it difficult for a person to immigrate permanently to Canada. Essentially, while Canadian laws and policies don’t mention HIV specifically, they do allow for an application to be refused on the grounds of medical inadmissibility.

The refusal of permanent residency on medical grounds can be justified by one of the following two criteria:

The person’s health condition is deemed to represent “a danger to the health or safety of the public.” However, immigration authorities no longer apply this designation to people living with HIV.1
The person is determined to represent “excessive demands on health or social services” in Canada.
This consideration of the risk of “excessive demand” doesn’t apply in the following circumstances:

If you’ve applied as a refugee.
If you have been sponsored as the spouse or dependent child of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Consequently, in those two situations, being HIV positive would not be an obstacle to your application for permanent residency. However, you would have to sign a document authorizing immigration authorities to inform your sponsor and/or partner living in Canada of your HIV positive status. If you refused to disclose to your sponsor and/or partner living in Canada, you would then be required to withdraw your request for permanent residency.

Read the rest: https://www.cocqsida.com/ressources/vih-info-droits/can-a-person-living-with-hiv-immigrate-to-canada.html

2 Likes

Re: I'm Hiv Positive, Can I Immigrate To Canada? by lisak7(f): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2017
Afam4eva:
Here's what i curled up as it pertains to being HIV positive and emigrating to Canada:

1.1 Medical examination

All applicants for permanent residency in Canada over 15 years of age are required to undergo an immigration medical examination, including an HIV test.

A positive HIV test result can make it difficult for a person to immigrate permanently to Canada. Essentially, while Canadian laws and policies don’t mention HIV specifically, they do allow for an application to be refused on the grounds of medical inadmissibility.

The refusal of permanent residency on medical grounds can be justified by one of the following two criteria:

The person’s health condition is deemed to represent “a danger to the health or safety of the public.” However, immigration authorities no longer apply this designation to people living with HIV.1
The person is determined to represent “excessive demands on health or social services” in Canada.
This consideration of the risk of “excessive demand” doesn’t apply in the following circumstances:

If you’ve applied as a refugee.
If you have been sponsored as the spouse or dependent child of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Consequently, in those two situations, being HIV positive would not be an obstacle to your application for permanent residency. However, you would have to sign a document authorizing immigration authorities to inform your sponsor and/or partner living in Canada of your HIV positive status. If you refused to disclose to your sponsor and/or partner living in Canada, you would then be required to withdraw your request for permanent residency.

Read the rest: https://www.cocqsida.com/ressources/vih-info-droits/can-a-person-living-with-hiv-immigrate-to-canada.html
Thank you
Re: I'm Hiv Positive, Can I Immigrate To Canada? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
Joephat:
HIV just plenty for nairaland lately....

Can you tell us how you contacted it?

Respect OP's privacy, Google will provide answer to your question.

7 Likes

(1) (Reply)

HORROR As Two Man Boiled Alive In The Car(photos) / The Cheapest Means Of Shipping Items From Uk To Naija / Nigerian Women Caught In Italy's Sex-trade Trap(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.