Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. (10683 Views)

Best In-person Bootcamp Or Academy To Learn Java, Spring And Spring Boot / Am A LAMP Stack Developer �‍� And You? / How I Became A Software Developer And Got My First Job Within A Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Desyner: 4:09am On Oct 11, 2017
I will like to know if there are any Java EE/Spring Framework Developer in here.

I needed guidance regarding:
-Java EE
-Spring Security
-Spring JDBC
-Spring Batch
-Spring JPA
-Spring Configuration approach
etc

Thanks in advance.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by kunletoks(m): 12:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
What would you like to know?
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 11, 2017
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Elitecoderng: 4:30pm On Oct 11, 2017
Spring is dead
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
Elitecoderng:
Spring is dead

lol why do you say so ? A lot of companies still use it and it's widely supported, Netflix uses it
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
Desyner:
I will like to know if there are any Java EE/Spring Framework Developer in here.

I needed guidance regarding:
-Java EE
-Spring Security
-Spring JDBC
-Spring Batch
-Spring JPA
-Spring Configuration approach
etc

Thanks in advance.

I won't call myself a JavaEE Developer or a Spring Dev but I know Spring to a minimal point, according to how we use it in my company.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Desyner: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
pcguru1:

I won't call myself a JavaEE Developer or a Spring Dev but I know Spring to a minimal point, according to how we use it in my company.
I have been learning it(spring) for few months now and hardly see any Spring or Java EE people or topic in here(NL). I tried JEE but found it too cumbersome with little help so made the switch.
Would have loved to hear the opinion of users conversant with these technologies.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Desyner: 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2017
Elitecoderng:
Spring is dead
Spring isn't dead, I know this for sure. Infact it is growing and at a rapid rate.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Desyner: 6:37pm On Oct 11, 2017
kunletoks:
What would you like to know?
Many things. For example I will like to know which is best approach for handling database integration with Spring; JDBC Template, JPA, or Spring JDBC.
I tried using the JEE approach for data persistence on Spring and it didn't work out but don't know which of the above approach is best for Spring.
Also, can I blend Spring boot with Spring MVC ?
Thanks.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by asalimpo(m): 12:15am On Oct 12, 2017
Elitecoderng:
Spring is dead
What (framework) killed it?
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 12, 2017
Desyner:
I have been learning it(spring) for few months now and hardly see any Spring or Java EE people or topic in here(NL). I tried JEE but found it too cumbersome with little help so made the switch.
Would have loved to hear the opinion of users conversant with these technologies.

Generally PHP is usually popular, but I use Spring Boot for SPA at work, and with OAuthentication, we don't use any ORM but Stored Procedures , and I really like the framework it's matured, it has a lot of abstraction for doing things, what I like about it is the component scanning, you just try a file somewhere and it picks it up, as long as it has the right annotation, recently one of my task was to call Redis and I had never done that in Spring only Java, the redisTemplate was a breeze. However it is complex as I have to study my task by reading their docs before trying anything, but to be honest other than where I work I don't for see myself using it for anything else I'd prob stick with Golang or platforms with smaller memory footprint. But Spring is awesome.

1 Like

Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Desyner: 8:06am On Oct 12, 2017
pcguru1:

Generally PHP is usually popular, but I use Spring Boot for SPA at work, and with OAuthentication, we don't use any ORM but Stored Procedures , and I really like the framework it's matured, it has a lot of abstraction for doing things, what I like about it is the component scanning, you just try a file somewhere and it picks it up, as long as it has the right annotation, recently one of my task was to call Redis and I had never done that in Spring only Java, the redisTemplate was a breeze. However it is complex as I have to study my task by reading their docs before trying anything, but to be honest other than where I work I don't for see myself using it for anything else I'd prob stick with Golang or platforms with smaller memory footprint. But Spring is awesome.
I went the Spring way due to its security and batch processing features among others.
Java has always appealed more to be because of its broad reach. Mobile, embedded, desktop and a rich api to spice up web apps. Does PHP for example have support for batch processing ? I doubt it will be as robust as java alternatives if it exist. I acknowledge the low memory footprint in anything (not)Java though.

1 Like

Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 12, 2017
Desyner:
I went the Spring way due to its security and batch processing features among others.
Java has always appealed more to be because of its broad reach. Mobile, embedded, desktop and a rich api to spice up web apps. Does PHP for example have support for batch processing ? I doubt it will be as robust as java alternatives if it exist. I acknowledge the low memory footprint in anything (not)Java though.

Batch Processing am assuming you mean ability to schedule a Job or something for Batch Processing we use something like Queue like RabbitMQ (I have never done this) only studied it to understand how mails were sent in my company, so technically the PHP way would be to run a CronJob , I think PHP too can spin a thread but not sure if that thread is still tied to the process that spawned it. But CronJob would also do the same to some point.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Elitecoderng: 3:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
pcguru1:

lol why do you say so ? A lot of companies still use it and it's widely supported, Netflix uses it
only for legacy projects
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Elitecoderng: 3:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
Desyner:
Spring isn't dead, I know this for sure. Infact it is growing and at a rapid rate.
Exactly! just like codeigniter php framework. It's not dead, but as good as dead.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Elitecoderng: 3:06pm On Oct 12, 2017
asalimpo:

What (framework) killed it?
new technologies like nodejs are by far better for web development.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Elitecoderng: 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
pcguru1:

Batch Processing am assuming you mean ability to schedule a Job or something for Batch Processing we use something like Queue like RabbitMQ (I have never done this) only studied it to understand how mails were sent in my company, so technically the PHP way would be to run a CronJob , I think PHP too can spin a thread but not sure if that thread is still tied to the process that spawned it. But CronJob would also do the same to some point.
you can access the shell in a unix environment using shell_exec(); and run whatever you want in background while the server processes incoming requests.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Desyner: 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2017
Elitecoderng:
Exactly! just like codeigniter php framework. It's not dead, but as good as dead.
I didn't come here to argue blindly sir. Go do your homework and realize Spring is growing rapidly. Do you know what Dependency Injection (DI) is ? What else do you know about it that can guide/aid me ? That's what I came here to hear. Don't tell me there is absolutely nothing positive about you know.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by kunletoks(m): 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2017
Desyner:

Many things. For example I will like to know which is best approach for handling database integration with Spring; JDBC Template, JPA, or Spring JDBC.
I tried using the JEE approach for data persistence on Spring and it didn't work out but don't know which of the above approach is best for Spring.
Also, can I blend Spring boot with Spring MVC ?
Thanks.

You can use Spring with Hibernate for persistence.
Spring boot is not yet matured as Spring MVC.
And with the Java based annotation configuration, you don't need to use the xml based anymore.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by kunletoks(m): 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2017
Elitecoderng:

new technologies like nodejs are by far better for web development.

Nodejs is promising but not yet matured in Nigeria yet(my view). Since most companies who are employing have their existing apps based on other matured technologies like Spring. So Spring is still cool
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Elitecoderng: 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
Desyner:
I didn't come here to argue blindly sir. Go do your homework and realize Spring is growing rapidly. Do you know what Dependency Injection (DI) is ? What else do you know about it that can guide/aid me ? That's what I came here to hear. Don't tell me there is absolutely nothing positive about you know.
almost every modern language for web development supports dependency injection. even php has composer, nodejs has npm. except for legacy projects, I won't recommend spring to anyone.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Desyner: 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
Elitecoderng:
almost every modern language for web development supports dependency injection. even php has composer, nodejs has npm. except for legacy projects, I won't recommend spring to anyone.
No reason, just "Spring is dead" and you thinks it makes sense? This is why Nigerian devs are wack and hardly go far - I-too-know and crowd-mentality. No reason just conclusion. I came here for those who have something logical to contribute and not those who are here to highlight imaginary flaws of a proven and tested technology.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Elitecoderng: 6:23pm On Oct 12, 2017
Desyner:
No reason, just "Spring is dead" and you thinks it makes sense? This is why Nigerian devs are wack and hardly go far - I-too-know and crowd-mentality. No reason just conclusion.
Nigerian devs are whack but here you are looking for their help. happy coding with XML smells in spring.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Desyner: 6:27pm On Oct 12, 2017
Elitecoderng:

Nigerian devs are whack but here you are looking for their help. happy coding with XML smells in spring.
By "Nigerian Devs are wack" I mean the majority like you who criticize everything with no reason or logical argument.
I can bet you have nothing to show for all your show off here.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Elitecoderng: 6:29pm On Oct 12, 2017
Desyner:
By "Nigerian Devs are wack" I mean the majority like you who criticize everything with no reason or logical argument.
I can bet you have nothing to show for all your show off here.
I don't have anything to show. so what?
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Desyner: 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2017
Elitecoderng:
I don't have anything to show. so what?
Elitecoderng:
Spring is dead
It explains you better. Please let the thread attract some 5 or 6 positive replies before introducing more baseless conclusions.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Elitecoderng: 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2017
Desyner:
It explains you better. Please let the thread attract some 5 or 6 positive replies before introducing more baseless conclusions.
I said what I said :p
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Desyner: 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
Elitecoderng:
I said what I said :p
Please . . . 5 or 6 more positive comments before derailing further Sir. Spring is littered with alternatives and I need to hear opinion of forward thinking programmers.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Desyner: 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2017
NodeJS isn't even comparable to Spring because it isn't a framework. I hope that nodejs can match 'Spring' in multithreading, security, error handling, embedded systems use, platform support etc ?
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Elitecoderng: 7:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
Desyner:
Please . . . 5 or 6 more positive comments before derailing further Sir. Spring is littered with alternatives and I need to hear opinion of forward thinking programmers.
Sorry, for being sarcastic. I already gave you options: nodejs or php for web development. I'm really curious, why does it have to be a Java framework ?
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Elitecoderng: 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
Desyner:
NodeJS isn't even comparable to Spring because it isn't a framework. I hope that nodejs can match 'Spring' in multithreading, security, error handling, embedded systems use, platform support etc ?
C dominates the realm of embedded systems. it seems you are looking for something universal.
Re: Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. by Desyner: 7:20pm On Oct 12, 2017
Elitecoderng:
Sorry, for being sarcastic. I already gave you options: nodejs or php for web development. I'm really curious, why does it have to be a Java framework ?
You tell me first why Spring is dead and I will tell you why Java or nothing for now for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? / Html,css,javascript Group Tutorial / How To Make Money From Developing Software Using Vb Or Java

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.