Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate (34741 Views)

Fire Of God Will Consume Those Messing Around With Traditional Rulers - Adeboye / Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / Tuxil-c Codeine Doesn't Get Me High Anymore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Geoxplorer: 6:23am On Oct 11, 2017
Over 3m bottles of codeine syrup are consumed daily in Kano and Jigawa states by women and youths, the Senate said yesterday.
The revelation was sequel to the adoption of a motion by Senator Baba Kaka Bashir Garbai (APC,Borno) and 37 others on the need to check the rising menace of pharmaceutical drug abuse among youths.

The motion was seconded by Senator Jibrin Barau (APC, Kano). Garbai said research has shown that abusers of the codeine syrup in Kano and Jigawa states take up to 3 to 8 bottles per day.

He said while the abuse of prescriptive drugs and cough syrups had been thought to be a problem typical in the North-Western part of the country, investigations have shown an incredible spike in drug-abuse in Borno State and the Northeast ravaged by Boko Haram.

“The increasing abuse of cough and prescriptive drugs, among the youth and women across the 19 northern states has resulted in meaningless deaths, rendered them largely unproductive and has devastated many upper and middle class families in the region.
“There are several reports about young girls in tertiary institutions, who have taken to an alarming abuse of the codeine cough syrup, which is often taken, mixed with soft drink. This problem is destroying even mothers in homes, as they use same codeine and other drugs as an escape from their abusive relationships and invariably get hooked on them,” he said.
He said the abuse of cough syrup has become so widespread in recent years, that even secondary school students use them regularly.
“The pharmaceutical drug abuse is threatening a generation of northern Nigerian women including, young girls in tertiary institutions, working class ladies, married women, unemployed women, displaced women from the Boko Haram insurgency,” he said.
Supporting the motion, Senator Aliyu Wamakko said the problem of drug abuse was not peculiar to the north; hence it should be treated as a national menace.

Accordingly, the Senate mandated it’s Joint Committee on Drugs and Narcotics and Health to bring forward a legislative intervention needed to combat the trend.
It also urged the Federal Government to partner with states, local governments, traditional rulers, Pharmacists Council of Nigeria, NGOs to create a holistic framework in fighting this category of drug abuse.

The Upper chamber also urged the Federal Government to establish rehabilitation centres/clinics for the victims of drug abuse.
Senate President Bukola Saraki said the NDLEA and PCN acts should be amended to capture the development. He also said a roundtable would be convened by the Senate to proffer a lasting solution to the menace.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/senate-kano-youth-women-consume-3m-bottles-of-codeine-daily.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_196IlktpI

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Linux007(m): 6:24am On Oct 11, 2017
Confused bunch of hypocrites, alcohol is strictly prohibited in the north and they now find solace in hard drugs.
i couldn't care less if the whole of the north is bloated in codeine and other hard drugs, that is there problem .
We here have greater problems to brood over, like what jubrin has been up to, and aisha has been smiling sheepishly of late grin cool
Meanwhile the only goodnews here is i woke up to FTC. grin grin grin

176 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Jerryojozy(m): 6:39am On Oct 11, 2017
Kano state the headquarters of drug abuse. Since alcohol is prohibited the youths take anythming drugs and smoke anything smokable. Been in kano, so i knw what am saying. Shout out to peeps from lamido crescent.

Genius J

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by hisgrace090: 6:59am On Oct 11, 2017
This is total and extreeme abuse of drugs.

What a wayward generation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by dunkem21(m): 7:13am On Oct 11, 2017
Our drug law enforcement agencies should regulate the use of codeine. Personal researches have proved that WOMEN are champions in codeine and tramadol abuse. I am yet to conclude if tramadol really increases sexual libido and performance as claimed.

If 3m bottles of codeine are consumed daily, then over 10m doses of embalming fluid AKA 'Suck & die' are being inhaled/sipped daily.

We are becoming a junkie nation lipsrsealed

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Oloripelebe: 7:13am On Oct 11, 2017
Just give dem codeine and see dem dig from benue to Abuja undecided lipsrsealed

Say No to Drug abuse

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Spylord48: 7:20am On Oct 11, 2017
Na normal thing Na.when there is no job to keep the youths busy.

6 Likes

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Bullhari007(m): 7:20am On Oct 11, 2017
dunkem21:
I have said this severally.. Our drug law enforcement agencies should prohibit the use of codeine. Personal researches have proved that WOMEN are champions in codeine and tramadol abuse.

If 3m bottles of codeine are consumed daily, then over 10m doses of 'Suck & die' are being inhaled/sipped daily.

We are becoming a junkie nation lipsrsealed
no put it this way, north is becoming a junkie region, don't tag the rest of Nigeria with failures

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by dunkem21(m): 7:30am On Oct 11, 2017
Bullhari007:
no put it this way, north is becoming a junkie region, don't tag the rest of Nigeria with failures

Truth be told, it is not only in the north though they take it more than other regions.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by mijanscripts(m): 7:36am On Oct 11, 2017
So someone cannot have cough and drink syrup in peace again grin grin grin

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by zionmade1: 7:46am On Oct 11, 2017
The same north that claims its a taboo to take alcohol, yet they smoke anything smokable and inhale anything inhalable.

They are so confused

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by osemoses1234(m): 8:00am On Oct 11, 2017
Nah dem sabi if Dem like make dem drink
40 million

16 Likes

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Mrkumareze(m): 8:05am On Oct 11, 2017
Oloripelebe:
Just give dem codeine and see dem dig from benue to Abuja undecided lipsrsealed

Say No to Drug abuse

U bad bro. They compete rabbit when it comes to digging .

19 Likes

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Evablizin(f): 10:36am On Oct 11, 2017
angry
K.
Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 11, 2017
The only reason the senators are concerned is because the menace is beginning to affect their kids

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 11, 2017
Bullhari007:
Then how about the high incidence of alcoholism ravaging the south? According to a recent WHO report, Nigeria has a documented 18 million alcoholics, putting us as the highest alcohol abusing nation in Africa. A large percentage of these abusers are in the south where alcohol consumption is not frowned upon. Substance abuse is not confined to any particular culture or region, so take your sanctimonious bull crap elsewhere

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by freeze001(f): 11:59am On Oct 11, 2017
GoroTango:
Then how about the high incidence of alcoholism ravaging the south? According to a recent WHO report, Nigeria has a documented 18 million alcoholics, putting us as the highest alcohol abusing nation in Africa. A large percentage of these abusers are in the south where alcohol consumption is not frowned upon. Substance abuse is not confined to any particular culture or region, so take your sanctimonious bull crap elsewhere

Hey! Don't be fooled. Northerners imbibe alcohol very well, extremely even! They hide alcohol on their ablution kettles and generic bottles...we saw the students in school too so just hold it. Besides that frowning is only for muslims, non-muslims in d North also partake of alcohol so there is record consumption in d North too

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Bullhari007(m): 1:29pm On Oct 11, 2017
GoroTango:
are you done I think useless Almajiri should reject the vat gotten from alcoholic... bloody hypocrites... abeg I don't hide alcohol in small kettle just to please Arabian god...

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Tufunky: 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2017
Linux007:
Confused bunch of hypocrites, alcohol is strictly prohibited in the north and they now find solace in hard drugs.
i couldn't care less if the whole of the north is bloated in codeine and other hard drugs, that is there problem .
We here have greater problems to brood over, like what jubrin has been up to, and aisha has been smiling sheepishly of late grin cool
Meanwhile the only goodnews here is i woke up to FTC. grin grin grin
I read this comment to my daughter she prayed for sense to fall on you

67 Likes

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Linux007(m): 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
Tufunky:
I dont need your prayer sir. The prayer should be directed to kano youth and their women of which your daughter might be one of them.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Blue3k(m): 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
If they smart they should simply stop selling this over the counter. It should only be sold with prescription by doctor. This trend of drug abuse isn't new honestly it's just now getting attention.

Front Page: lalasticlala
Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Elioandrew: 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
That is house they will coman mount their useless road block(NDLEA) in the south and eastern parts of our country.

4 Likes

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by steveyoungwealth: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2017
My God
Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Negotiate: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2017
Upon all the Sharia.

12 Likes

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Yusfunoble(m): 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2017
shocked
Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by segebase(m): 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2017
e
Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Factfinder1(m): 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2017
Make dem continue
Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by kingPhidel(m): 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2017
Sighting some k.youthlanders now..

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Flashh: 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2017
Tufunky:
grin

12 Likes

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by cristianisraeli: 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
Geoxplorer:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/senate-kano-youth-women-consume-3m-bottles-of-codeine-daily.html

hahahaha...is it not haram in islam

ollah1 where you day?come and explain to us

i think say na igbos they do drugs,i didnt know the almajeri boys do drugs as well

muslims and drugs is like 5&6

all those northern boys when you see them abroad all they do is take drugs

in islamic republic of iran they have the highest rate of people that take heroin

i think mohammed knew how muslims would be thats why he forced islam down their throats to tame them

dont quote me if you are a northern almejeri boy..lol

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by Sunnycliff(m): 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
No wonder they value the life they have of less significance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Youth, Women Consume 3m Bottles Of Codeine Daily - Senate by idris4eva(m): 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
Hausa's has and sell the most hardened drug in Nigeria

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) / 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers / Pastor Adeboye Registering For Voter's Card (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.