Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead (38518 Views)

My Dad Gave Me His Blood So I Can Live And He Died - Sierra Leone Lady Recounts / Banker Commits Suicide After Marriage He Took N3M Loan Crashed After 2 Months / Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by mrphysics(m): 2:37pm On Oct 11, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Human beings and greed... Wonder why your dad did not buy d truck in Nigeria.

Men should involve their wives in their businesses so they can take it up if anything should happen to them. Wish your dad had given your mum the documents.
Most of those trucks are not bought in Nigeria because the cost is quite high. We have 4 of them and 4 caterpillars. The truck business doesn't give anything as the drivers always mess up the entire business. We even want to sell them off as one driver used on to kill someone and damage a car of a transport company. So I do not blame the man for taking that step.

The point is that, the man made such transactions informally. He shouldn't have done that. Now, there is no evidence to show

1 Like

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by mrphysics(m): 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2017
Adaumunocha:
I'm sure they did not buy that truck. If they ship it down, how will d op clear it from d wharf? The demurrage charges if they fail to clear d container on time?
That one is another cost. Its just a business that only those who are connected should do.

There is nothing they can do than to follow the issue in a very gentle way. They should get a lawyer and see how to resolve it.
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2017
Florblu:

This question is dumb.

Do you expect him to tell you he won't refund the money
I know he wouldn't.
Seems you don't know how psychology works.
He knows the answer to the question deep down in his mind.
Whatever his answer is will determine how far he will be willing to go to reclaim the money
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by mrphysics(m): 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2017
oshe11:
Why was ur dad living with his Boss?
All depends on the nature of his work

1 Like

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by sammirano: 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2017
Mustiboy:
what's there to ship when she didn't buy it?

how did you know she didn't buy it, "Assumption". Now assume she has bought it and request for it to be sent to you.
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by KAYD007(m): 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2017
Mustiboy:
what's there to ship when she didn't buy it?

but you don't know that for sure
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Reality2015(m): 2:52pm On Oct 11, 2017
a good question,(1) if you boss wife came that you dad own him can you pay her without document? (2) how can someone that can buy car of 3m to make it 2 truck and paying someone salary still they leave with boss, (3)if the money is nothing to your brother tell your brother to takia of your mother, (4) what lesson have you learn so you can teach people or dnt make the mistake of your father again?

1 Like

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by mohammadyusuf66(m): 2:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
Good day, May God give fortitude to bear the lose, Pls, If your dad is a lawyer, I don't want to believe that he can do this costly mistake. So dig in more into his personal life and look for concrete evidence even from his friends and colleagues. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by slurity1: 2:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
Mustiboy:
the said truck is not in Nigeria, but Ireland. And this woman didn't buy any truck, she's just lying. she only said that because she wanted to buy herself more time
You can't be so sure she's lying. let her send the vehicle to Nigeria and moreover, concentrate on her husband more than the wife. it will surprise the result. Men don't enjoy insult the way some women do
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Mustiboy(m): 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
thanks guys. with your advice, I've come to realise that the only way to get the money is through the law.
these are the things I'll do:
1- record the next conversation with them
2- know what they've concluded on how and
when the money is going to be refunded.
3- get a lawyer(another friend of my dad) and let
him handle the case from there.
4- if worse comes to worst, I'll forfeit getting d money
and move on. but one thing is certain, they'll get
their retribution.

I appreciate every single contribution.
thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
I've been in somewhat similar situation and I can confirm some unspoken thing here;

1) you're closer to your mum, so you listen a lot to her stories, especially about your dads family and his boss and how they treated your family. This gets you upset, but despite how angry you get you know you can't do anything because you don't have the resources, so you either question God or those who you feel should have done more, for example the first born, your elder brother, you think he is too naive and unconnected/scared to do what a first child should do. You see him as someone who knows how to ginger while in the house but lose his voice when outside the extended family.

2) everything smells like a conspiracy, you begin to hate the kids of those people involved,,any progress they make you think its someone connected to your fathers wealth, you curse your self for not knowing about the dealings of your dad, you even, secretly hate him for leaving his own family outside these transactions , and you think the current state of suffering was as a result of your Dads wrong decisions and wickedness of his friends/family.

These were the two strongest feelings I had when I faced a somewhat similar situation... But this is what I did...

1) Stop listening too much to my mum wailings, she is bittered and that's okay, but there are lots of reasons she may tell you stories that are totally unrelated to drive home her point, this late night discussions and whispers, will not only make you miserable, you won't be able to sleep or even concentrate on what matters.,and will expose you to making emotional decisions. The money isn't the reason you guys are in the situation,there are many folks whose dad died without leaving a kobo for them, they still had to strive to make it alive.

2) focus on yourself and on making more earnings for your self/family, if you earn well, in a year, N3m is chicken change. Don't make the N3m for the truck your only hope, let it be in your prayers, make a final humble appeal to the parties involved and let it go while you begin to put together small pieces of evidence on a low key, but focus more of your time, effort and resources on making money for yourself and family.

3) Play the game, Emotions cloud reasoning,and make us bitter , life in itself is a game, learn to place your iron hand in a velvet glove, move like darkness and when you hit, strike like thunder. And when you do, let it be with a smile on your face and sweet words on your lips.
I got back friendly with my uncles, I learned to smile when I was angry and cry when I was happy.. I was able to learn the family business from them, train some of my siblings and provided for my family, when it was time, I gathered evidence , engaged two of them in a lengthy legal battle recovered three properties of my family and got money to begin my own business.. Life is not a bed of roses bro... Don't wear your emotions of your face, stop worrying and start working.. It won't be easy...

This is my two cents from experience.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Samakus(m): 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
Oboi, these people obviously don't want to pay the money back. My simple advice is:

Seek traditional way of getting justice. Forget your religious belief and deal with them the traditional way. Or you can as well forget about the money. Your late dad hustled to make that money and you're gonna watch some greedy fellows eat it without blinking an eye?
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Mustiboy(m): 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
Reality2015:
a good question,(1) if you boss wife came that you dad own him can you pay her without document? (2) how can someone that can buy car of 3m to make it 2 truck and paying someone salary still they leave with boss, (3)if the money is nothing to your brother tell your brother to takia of your mother, (4) what lesson have you learn so you can teach people or dnt make the mistake of your father again?
I don't have an answer to no 1.
2. the lawyer leaves alone, his children and wife are not in Nigeria. my dad's boss was also his childhood friend. my dad has houses to clear your thoughts. here in Badagry, he has two. we live in one and the second is yet to be completed. moreover, my dad's boss is not much of a boss to him. they're just in some sort of partnership and my dad ran his business in the lawyer's company. you dig now?
3- my bro is trying his best.
4 I don't know
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by djeezy(m): 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
Since the transaction wasn't written down, you can try and record conversations. Also this falls under parol contract hence enforceable. Ensure to find out if there are parties who evidenced when your dad paid this money or in talks with them. The manner in which to recover your money would depend on whether they are admitting oweing the 3 Million or not. I am a lawyer, can't type much here. Contact me let me tell you what to do for free.
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by WowSweetGuy(m): 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
money and palava are like 5&6
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by stacyadams: 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2017
grin grin human beings re unpredictable..they will laugh with ur father when alive and turn to monsters when he z no more,,,,some men dey too secretive,creatibg problems for their kids when they die,
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Deo1986(m): 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2017
You issue has k-leg. Why didn't you dad demand for his money or truck for over a year after he sent money? Why did he not keep the transactions document safely in case.....? You cannot remedy the irreparable mistake your dad made. I'll suggest you move on with your life. Forget everything both the truck and money. Concentrate on your education. Lots of people in this world has faced one form of cruelty or the other, yours is not isolated and most importantly you will not get any useful help here.
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Mustiboy(m): 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2017
rychard:
I've been in somewhat similar situation and I can confirm some unspoken thing here;

1) you're closer to your mum, so you listen a lot to her stories, especially about your dads family and his boss and how they treated your family. This gets you upset, but despite how angry you get you know you can't do anything because you don't have the resources, so you either question God or those who you feel should have done more, for example the first born, your elder brother, you think he is too naive and unconnected/scared to do what a first child should do. You see him as someone who knows how to ginger while in the house but lose his voice when outside the extended family.

2) everything smells like a conspiracy, you begin to hate the kids of those people involved,,any progress they make you think its someone connected to your fathers wealth, you curse your self for not knowing about the dealings of your dad, you even, secretly hate him for leaving his own family outside these transactions , and you think the current state of suffering was as a result of your Dads wrong decisions and wickedness of his friends/family.

These were the two strongest feelings I had when I faced a somewhat similar situation... But this is what I did...

1) Stop listening too much to my mum wailings, she is bittered and that's okay, but there are lots of reasons she may tell you stories that are totally unrelated to drive home her point, this late night discussions and whispers, will not only make you miserable, you won't be able to sleep or even concentrate on what matters.,and will expose you to making emotional decisions. The money isn't the reason you guys are in the situation,there are many folks whose dad died without leaving a kobo for them, they still had to strive to make it alive.

2) focus on yourself and on making more earnings for your self/family, if you earn well, in a year, N3m is chicken change. Don't make the N3m for the truck your only hope, let it be in your prayers, make a final humble appeal to the parties involved and let it go while you begin to put together small pieces of evidence on a low key, but focus more of your time, effort and resources on making money for yourself and family.

3) Play the game, Emotions cloud reasoning,and make us bitter , life in itself is a game, learn to place your iron hand in a velvet glove, move like darkness and when you hit, strike like thunder. And when you do, let it be with a smile on your face and sweet words on your lips.
I got back friendly with my uncles, I learned to smile when I was angry and cry when I was happy.. I was able to learn the family business from them, train some of my siblings and provided for my family, when it was time, I gathered evidence , engaged two of them in a lengthy legal battle recovered three properties of my family and got money to begin my own business.. Life is not a bed of roses bro... Don't wear your emotions of your face, stop worrying and start working.. It won't be easy...

This is my two cents from experience.
I thank you so much for this, I can relate to it very well.
advice taken. thanks once more

1 Like

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Mustiboy(m): 3:29pm On Oct 11, 2017
djeezy:
Since the transaction wasn't written down, you can try and record conversations. Also this falls under parol contract hence enforceable. Ensure to find out if there are parties who evidenced when your dad paid this money or in talks with them. The manner in which to recover your money would depend on whether they are admitting oweing the 3 Million or not. I am a lawyer, can't type much here. Contact me let me tell you what to do for free.
how do I contact you please?
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Xcelinteriors(f): 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Let me ask you a simple question.
If the role was to be reversed and it happened to be your dad owing his boss wife N3m.

Will you pay the money after the demise of your dad?
Your answer to the question will guide you through.
Are you indirectly telling him to forget the money?
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by phizzle017(m): 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2017
Report at the nearest police station close to the Man's house. If your dad transferred the money to him it will show on his record at the bank which the bank would give u if you provide his death certificate and if your mom is his next of kin. Take it to the police has proof and they'll take the matter up and if they don't act on it then petition the commissioner of police of your state. The money will definitely come out if you follow this route. You can also write the Irish embassy concerning the woman over there as well if she's a legal immigrant
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by conscienceman4(m): 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2017
ATTENTION: please contact Muhammed Isa of Brekete Family in Abuja, who is fighting for ordinary people like you and your mother all over Nigeria. They will fight the cause for you until everything is recovered. Both your dad''s boss and your uncles will run 4:40.
You can contact me for directions or browse about their activities and contact.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2017
Xcelinteriors:
Are you indirectly telling him to forget the money?
That's another way of phrasing it
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by DrUche3(m): 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Let me ask you a simple question.
If the role was to be reversed and it happened to be your dad owing his boss wife N3m.

Will you pay the money after the demise of your dad?
Your answer to the question will guide you through.
What are u insinuating now
This is not a case of debt, it is pure business!
The woman should simply do the right thing.
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Dearlord(m): 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2017
Forget and forge ahead and flaw no more.
This reminds me of my lost #4.7m back then.
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
DrUche3:
What are u insinuating now This is not a case of debt, it is pure business! The woman should simply do the right thing.
When money is involved. How many people do you think is capable of doing the right thing
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by thunderbabs: 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
undecided See advisers as dey full NL....una get talent lyk dz na una no go advise Buhari, abi shocked

If i hear anything again frm any of u... shocked
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by dingbang(m): 4:10pm On Oct 11, 2017
3million naira.... People should fear God o
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by chigoldus: 4:11pm On Oct 11, 2017
Your family should look for the nearest branch of Nigerian Bar Association the Lawyer attends and make a formal complaint. The Lawyer will be invited and everything investigated appropriately. If he doesn't comply, they will forward the complaint to Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Committee. They know what to do.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Olayinka777(m): 4:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
Florblu:

Wherever the Truck is let it be shipped to Nigeria
I don't buy your advice at all. This people in question are struggling to get by. When the truck arrives as u advised,how on earth do u expect them to clear it at the port?
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by buske(m): 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2017
Brotherly,

The odds are strongly against you.
As difficult as this may sound, your best option is to forget the whole thing.

How much is 3m

I know in your situation it's big money... But trust me, if you decide to pursue this case, you'd drain your energy, incur emotional stress, you'd also spend more money that you would have used to do better things...and the worst it of all....you'd be jeopardizing your safety and that of your family's.

Is it worth all these

Get hold of yourself and look forward.....seek for opportunities that will enable you help your mum.

There are businesses students engage in that earn them money...look for one that won't affect your studies and start with it.

In no time you'd forget everything and you'd see things working for your good.

Put everything in God's hands and hope for better things to come.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Florblu(f): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2017
Olayinka777:
I don't buy your advice at all. This people in question are struggling to get buy. When the truck arrives as u advised,how in earth do u expect them to clear it at the ports?

So which is better?

Not getting the truck and the money and getting the truck at hand while looking for a way of clearing it and selling it.

Simple logic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maid Who Savagely Beat Ugandan Toddler To Face Attempted Murder Charge / Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? / Man Dumps His Blind Wife In Port Harcourt, Packs Out Of His Home With Housemaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.