Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations (18031 Views)

Gov Jang Defends State’s Security Outfit / Jonathan Endorses Gov Jang’s Faction / Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by hatch: 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2010
If Gov. Jang of Plateau state's shocking revelations are true that he had personally had contacted an army commander to inform him some few hours before the tragic incidence ,and the need to take immediate actions to forestall the mayhem.

Then i believe and pray that more military chief heads ought to roll just as that of the NSA.

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201003103324285:

Plateau State Governor, Mr. Jonah Jang, on Monday alleged that the army was guilty of complicity in the recent attack on three Jos villages which led to the death of about 500 people, mostly women and children.

The governor, a retired military officer, told journalists at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, that he got wind of the movement of armed Fulani into the Berom village on Saturday night and personally called the army commander to inform him of the development, and the need to take immediate actions to forestall any ugly incident.

The army has been in charge of security in Jos and other parts of Plateau State since the January 2010 episode of the crisis, which also resulted in the loss of many lives.

According to Jang, the army commander promised to move soldiers into the village to check the roving band.

Jang, who explained that he lives near the affected village, admitted that some moments after he made the call, he observed a tank, presumably belonging to the army, drive past his residence, moving towards the village.

However, Jang said that when he later received reports that people were being killed in the village, his efforts to contact the army commander were futile as his telephone lines “were unavailable.”

Other commanders of the army could also not be reached at the time the attack was going on, according to Jang.

Narrating his experience on the day of the attacks, Jang said, “I received reports at about 9pm that some movement of people with arms were seen around those villages, and I reported to the commander of the army and he told me he was going to move some troops there.

“And because it is near where I live, I even saw a tank pass through my house and I thought it was going towards that area.

“Three hours or so later, I was woken by a call that they had started burning the villages and people were being hacked to death. I started trying to locate the commanders but I couldn’t get any of them on the telephone.”

The governor said the attacks and the resultant deaths of innocent people could have been prevented if the security report he made available to the army that evening had been acted upon.

He said, “You are asking what am I doing; I have said it several times, state governors are highly incapacitated.

“You are the chief security officer of a state; you don’t command even a fly.

“What do you use to stop anything? The security report that I gave, I didn’t even get that security report officially; it was the villagers themselves that saw the movements and reported.

“I didn’t receive any security report about what was going to happen.”

The governor said the army should immediately leave the state if it could not guarantee the safety of lives and property.

He said, “I expect that the army should live up to expectations and stop the carnage in Plateau, if they cannot, then they should as well get out of the place.”

Jang also refuted reports that the attacks were retaliatory.

He said no Fulani was killed in January’s attacks in Kurujenta, a part of Jos.

He said, “We were caught unawares, the present attack I don’t know for what. But what was written in a northern-based national daily newspaper today (Tuesday) tried to justify it as a reprisal attack for what happened in Kurujenta on January 17.

“To the best of my knowledge, I don’t think Fulani were involved in what happened in Kurujenta.

“If you look at the houses that were burnt in Kurujenta (a tin-mining camp), I mean everybody who lived there was involved.

“You could not say it was one-sided because the houses that were burnt cut across, which means the killings cut across.

“But what happened there, some people moved Aljazeera (an international news channel) there, and then covered dead bodies and started labelling them.

“When you cover dead bodies and start labelling them, who knows who you are covering?

“And then today, Daily Trust was saying it was because of what happened in Kurujenta, because Fulani were killed in Kurujenta - Fulani don’t live in Kurujenta.

“And so to say it was a reprisal for what happened in Kurujenta was a distortion of facts.”

Jang also alleged that the attackers were not resident in Plateau State.

He said, “We know that what happened was that some people came across the border of Plateau State and started attacking villages, because nobody within Plateau got to these villages and started attacking them.”

When our correspondent contacted the Director of Army Information, Brig.-Gen. Chris Olukolade, he referred him to the Army Public Relations Officer of the 81 Division, Jos, Lt.-Col. Galadima Shekari.

However, repeated calls made to Shekari’s mobile telephone lines last night indicated that they were either switched off or outside network coverages.

Attempts made by our correspondent to speak with the GOC 81 Division, Jos, Maj.-Gen. Faleh Maina, were not successful.

Meanwhile, the National Assembly on Tuesday passed separate resolutions condemning the violence and wanton destruction of lives and property in Jos, Plateau State.

While the Senate commended Acting President Goodluck Jonathan for the actions he had taken so far on the issue, the House of Representatives called for a thorough investigation into the incident and the punishment of culprits.

The Senate came out with an eight-point resolution after a three-hour session behind closed doors.

The eight-point resolution described the crisis in Jos as one too many. The Senate appealed to people of the state to eschew violence and learn to live peacefully with one another.

The Senate’s resolution was read by the Vice-Chairman, Senate Committee on Information and Media, Senator Anthony Manzo, on the floor of Senate after the session.

It reads “The Senate condemns the recent crisis in Jos that led to the loss of so many innocent lives. It is, in our opinion, one crisis to many. Our heart goes out to all those that lost loved ones during this recent crisis and indeed all previous crises.

“There can be no place for such barbaric acts in our democracy.

“Senate believes that the crisis is not religious and we must resist any attempt to give it any religious coloration.

“The Senate urges all Nigerians, especially leaders, to be calm and steadfast and should not do or say anything that will aggravate the crisis. The Senate further urges Nigerians to demonstrate greater respect for the sanctity of human life. The issue of internal security especially intelligence gathering must be taken more seriously.”

In its resolution, the House condoled with families that lost their loved ones to the violence, and advised the Federal Government to set up a truth and reconciliation committee to reconcile the various parties to the recurring Jos crises.

Also, the United States has condemned the Jos violence and asked that the perpetrators be brought to book.

A US-based news agency, Empowered Newswire, reported that the US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton had to set aside her meeting with a foreign Head of State for a while to condemn what she called the ”tragic loss of lives in Nigeria.”

She said, “We continue to urge all parties to exercise restraint and seek constructive means for addressing the cycle of violence in Plateau State.

“The Nigerian Government should ensure that the perpetrators of acts of violence are brought to justice under the rule of law and that human rights are respected as order is restored.”

Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by snowdrops(m): 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2010
This is really really sad. If what the Governor alledges is true, and i dont see why not, heads indeed must roll, both literarily and realistically.
Had they responded to his SOS, hundreds of women, children and the elderly would have still been alive today.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by tunnytox(m): 4:57pm On Mar 10, 2010
But then the sultan will start pleading 4 this criminals becos they are muslims.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by snowdrops(m): 5:09pm On Mar 10, 2010
He would be asking for trouble if he does that
tunnytox:

But then the sultan will start pleading 4 this criminals becos they are muslims.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by hatch: 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2010
Jonathan will face the true test to prove his manhood with the jos issue. undecided
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by EzeUche(m): 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2010
Then let the heads roll!!! grin

Lets see who else is responsible for this. If more people from Northern extraction are behind this, it will show that Nigeria is not truly united.

The military has always been Northern dominated.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by ochukoccna: 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2010
tunnytox:

But is Islam not a religion of peace? shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided undecided
[size=18pt]Oops my bad![/size]
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by lordbayor(m): 5:29pm On Mar 10, 2010
I hate the Hausa or Fulani what ever, they are just too foolish, i just too hate them they should get out, and for the justice we are crying for anyone found guilty should be killed also  cry cry cry
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by hatch: 5:50pm On Mar 10, 2010
lordbayor:

I hate the Hausa or Fulani what ever, they are just too foolish, i just too hate them they should get out, and for the justice we are crying for anyone found guilty should be killed also  cry cry cry

Bro abeg take am easy oh ! undecided
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by blackmann(m): 6:10pm On Mar 10, 2010
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2010
but why has the governor not named the commander?
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by latiana(f): 6:21pm On Mar 10, 2010
Interesting
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by sjeezy8: 6:28pm On Mar 10, 2010
hmmmm
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by 18platoon(m): 6:31pm On Mar 10, 2010
@lordbayor, so why dont you come and do something about the hausa/fulani that you hate, one thing you should bear in your bigoted mind is that just the way you like to live is the way we like to die, hope you feel me. GOAT.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 10, 2010
Berom people should hit back the Hausa Fulani where it hurts.

Plant a bomb in a Mosque and detonate it on a Friday afternoon.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by EzeUche(m): 6:33pm On Mar 10, 2010
18 platoon:

@lordbayor, so why dont you come and do something about the hausa/fulani that you hate, one thing you should bear in your bigoted mind is that just the way you like to live is the way we like to die, hope you feel me. GOAT.

You must be a Nigerian of Northern extraction. First, I thought you were Yoruba, but you are offended when people talk about the Hausa-Fulani so you must be a Hausa man.

You cannot fool anyone. Nigeria will soon be divided.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by EzeUche(m): 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2010
krendo:

There would have been a time, that I would be against this action.

However, I just don't know anymore. undecided

As long as they do not target women and children though, I would be o
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by edoyad(m): 7:11pm On Mar 10, 2010
The first day after the ugly act i couldn't wait for jos to slaughter as many of these hausa people. But now i don't think educated people should reduce themselves to that level. If indeed they need to apply violence it should be to defend themselves from these parasites. You honestly will not understand till you come up north to see the millions of young boys who sleep in garbage and wake up in the morning to go on their begging campaign in the name of serving mohamed. How can such a person reason like you when around the period you're writing JAMB he on the other hand can't read or write and is being told by his imam that western education is the reason he is useless to society ?
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by tunnytox(m): 7:20pm On Mar 10, 2010
krendo:

Don't even go there you can't beat this ppl when it comes to suicide bomb! moreso i don't believe revenge is an option justice should be done by apprehending the perpetrators of this heinous crime and bringing them to justice
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by 18platoon(m): 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2010
@ezeuche, na wetin i be hausa from sokoto and i be officer for nigeria army, there're more southerners in the north than northerners in the south, the only northerners in the south are just the cattle sellers and some petty traders, but the southerners in the north are both petty traders and professionals. if you go around sokoto my town you'll see so many many churches unlike you'll see mousques in the south, so pls bring the violence on so that we can clear your doubts.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by 18platoon(m): 7:31pm On Mar 10, 2010
@edoyad, you've not tell them how southern kaduna women toil in the bush to farm and get firewood to sell only for you the men will steal there money and go mammy to drink burkutu. so pls help them with the bombs to plant in the mosques, from now its gonna be tit for tat, you kill one we kill ten.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by 18platoon(m): 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2010
i dint say bosom for tat, i say tit for tat.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by EzeUche(m): 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2010
18 platoon:

@ezeuche, na wetin i be hausa from sokoto and i be officer for nigeria army, there're more southerners in the north than northerners in the south, the only northerners in the south are just the cattle sellers and some petty traders, but the southerners in the north are both petty traders and professionals. if you go around sokoto my town you'll see so many many churches unlike you'll see mousques in the south, so pls bring the violence on so that we can clear your doubts.

We Igbos have been waiting for a nice fight with you Hausas. Just bring it on. I am sure my brethren in the North are ready for you! We learned from our mistakes and we will fight back.

Just touch one Igbo soul in the north, and the lives of every Hausa in the East will be forfeit. Yes, we will slaughter the cattle sellers and take their cows.

This is the way of the world. The southerners in the North, know they are surrounded by enemies, so they will be ready for your murderous brethren.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by 18platoon(m): 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2010
admin pls post what i write.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by edoyad(m): 7:38pm On Mar 10, 2010
This platoon dude is a joke. Let me tell you something if you dont know, if the rest of Nigeria decides to eject the rest of you parasites and carry out the major Gideon Orkar dream your people will be worse than Somalia. That quota system that got you into NDA if indeed you're in military is the reason your ignorance has made your illiterate people forget they are still Nigerians at the mercy of the people who are getting tired of them.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by 18platoon(m): 7:46pm On Mar 10, 2010
@ezeuche, we're at advantage numerically, you'll be surprised when it start, we've heared this song of we're ready over and over again, but we keep dealing with you guys all the time. btw i dont have problems with igbo guys i've got so many of them as freinds the people i have problems with are those southern kaduna porks and jos swines, but since you igbos wanna come into the beaf then you're welcome. ANYTIME.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by EzeUche(m): 7:49pm On Mar 10, 2010
18 platoon:

@ezeuche, we're at advantage numerically, you'll be surprised when it start, we've heared this song of we're ready over and over again, but we keep dealing with you guys all the time. btw i dont have problems with igbo guys i've got so many of them as freinds the people i have problems with are those southern kaduna porks and jos swines, but since you igbos wanna come into the beaf then you're welcome. ANYTIME.

You say that you have Igbo friends, but if your religious Imams say that you need to wipe out the Igbo infidels in your region, you will be one of the first people to slay your own Igbo friends. That is how your people think.

Remember that the World will be on the Christian southerner's side. The reason being is that the West already consider themselves at war with the Islamic world.

CNN and BBC is already painting the Jos Crisis as a Muslim vs. Christian battle. The Christians in Jos are already being seen as innocent souls who are trying to fight back the Muslim tide.

That is why I like you Hausa people, it would be wonderful for us Igbos to deal with your people alone. grin
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by 18platoon(m): 7:52pm On Mar 10, 2010
@edoyad, yes indeed i am in the military and i'll use my position to help my people by getting rid of as many katafawas and jabas as i could, cos you guys are just disgusting, i hate southern kaduna people pigs. STAND BY,  FUCKING STAND BY.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by edoyad(m): 7:54pm On Mar 10, 2010
Hausa man is doomed mr platoon. No more petro dollars, how are is Mutallab family now going to sponsor terrorism. I've stepped giving money to beggars and so too others are doing, how will you survive ?
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by 18platoon(m): 8:02pm On Mar 10, 2010
@ezeuchi, so you think america will come and help you, good. my guy please lets start action and forget about analysis, and please dont forget that i'll only attack an igbo man as a last resort, but southern kaduna or jos chriatian guy i'll attack without provacation. edoyad BEWARE.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by dayokanu(m): 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2010
^^ I thot Lekwot schooled your arse in the early 90's before IBB arrested him.
Re: More Heads Ought To Roll With Gov. Jang's Shocking Revelations by EzeUche(m): 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2010
18 platoon:

@ezeuchi, so you think america will come and help you, good. my guy please lets start action and forget about analysis, and please dont forget that i'll only attack an igbo man as a last resort, but southern kaduna or jos chriatian guy i'll attack without provacation. edoyad BEWARE.

See this is why I admire and hate you Hausas at the same time. I love the warrior spirit, but I hate everything your people stand for.

*sigh*

Igbo vs. Hausa on an equal playing field would be wonderful to see. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba / Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card / Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.