Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:15 PM

Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof (2834 Views)

Atheism Is Madness / Atheism Is Extreme Evil! / Atheism Is A Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by vaxx: 12:20pm On Oct 12, 2017
TundeHashim:
I'm a Muslim but I must admit that atheism is on the rise. It's the f*cking reality. Day in day out, I read comments of people attacking the very foundation upon which religion stands. Interestingly, the questions they raise are logical and their arguments apt. It's shame on theists if we can't come up with a more rational argument and resort to insulting them and threatening them with hell. Though I've got a rebuttal to some of their arguments but honestly, it has made me more liberal than before. Also, I've become more resilient in my faith in God.
pls can you point out some of their questions that you think theists can't answer rationally.

You must understand one thing....for any being to accept rational answer, he or she must possess a rational mind...if not 2 will not be able to divide 4......
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by OtemAtum: 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2017
spongeisback:
Adebole, Oledepo, Ibiyomiole, Chris oyakioleme and the rest of those men of god are all thiefs and scammers. Using a Jewish religion to keep Africa in dark ages!

I used to call dat guy Oyedethief before, but what I see you do here is da best... oledepo grin

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by OtemAtum: 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Let it be on the rise. Infact, Let them grow geometrically.

Millions still stand for the Almighty God.

Millions still stands for Jesus.

If nobody else will,

Myself and my family will stand for God.

How I wish u will be here on earth in the next 500 years to see that people who use their brains, worshipping no god and doing good to humanity have taken over. By then, you'll be desiring reincarnation from the light of God.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by obinna58(m): 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Let it be on the rise. Infact, Let them grow geometrically.

Millions still stand for the Almighty God.

Millions still stands for Jesus.

If nobody else will,

Myself and my family will stand for God.
Thy Lord would be impressed, fvcking wakeup with your crazy ideology

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by Ioseph(m): 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
TundeHashim:
I'm a Muslim but I must admit that atheism is on the rise. It's the f*cking reality. Day in day out, I read comments of people attacking the very foundation upon which religion stands. Interestingly, the questions they raise are logical and their arguments apt. It's shame on theists if we can't come up with a more rational argument and resort to insulting them and threatening them with hell. Though I've got a rebuttal to some of their arguments but honestly, it has made me more liberal than before. Also, I've become more resilient in my faith in God.

How about realising that Allah is not real and Mohammad is a clown? The fact that you find the concept of irreligion so unbelievable speaks to how brainwashed you are as a Muslim.
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by adepeter2027(m): 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2017
vaxx:
pls can you point out some of their questions that you think theists can't answer rationally.

You must understand one thing....for any being to accept rational answer, he or she must possess a rational mind...if not 2 will not be able to divide 4......
Discussion on prayer.
What/who/where is god.
Who is the holy spirit.
Freewill
Biblical contradictions.
God of the past, present & future.
The Noah's ark.
Why is Satan still alive?
Is Satan a bad guy?

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by Linux007(m): 12:56pm On Oct 12, 2017
OtemAtum:

How I wish u will be here on earth in the next 500 years to see that people who use their brains, worshipping no god and doing good to humanity have taken over. By then, you'll be desiring reincarnation from the light of God.
That will be a very long time bro. I'd say 100yrs. Or ones the level of poverty and ignorance drops to a minimal level in Nigeria,

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by vaxx: 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2017
adepeter2027:

Discussion on prayer.
What/who/where is god.
Who is the holy spirit.
Freewill
Biblical contradictions.
The Noah's ark.
Is Satan a bad guy?
I am not a Christian nor Muslim... So most of the question isn't meant for me....but on the first and second and fourth question has been answer many times by me on nairaland...you can create a topic and give me a mention.. I will repeat the answer again....

The 6 question is new...so we can have a fresh debate on it...
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by Originakalokalo(m): 1:00pm On Oct 12, 2017
obinna58:

Thy Lord would be impressed, fvcking wakeup with your crazy ideology
j

Believe whatever you want.

When death comes knocking,

You can't say No to it.
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by OtemAtum: 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
Originakalokalo:
j

Believe whatever you want.

When death comes knocking,

You can't say No to it.

You too believe what you want. When death comes knocking, you can't say No to it. How is this post relevant to what we're discussing here? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by Originakalokalo(m): 2:44pm On Oct 12, 2017
OtemAtum:

You too believe what you want. When death comes knocking, you can't say No to it. How is this post relevant to what we're discussing here? undecided

OtemAtum is now a bro with Atheist. (From a reply)

What we are discussing"

And he is a god.

Hehehe. This guy.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Scam.
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by JawadZeus: 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2017
JackBizzle:
Nigeria is not as ultra-religious as it once was. The topic of atheism is no more taboo as it once was. It is now discussed in various media.

1) Radio talkshows; I have witnessed radio hosts discussing twice about atheism despite the fact that I only listen to radio once in a while. The first was an atheist challenging the existence of God on a christian talkshow on sunday on 93.7, the other was a radio talkshow host complaining of her roommate not believing in God (cant remember the radio station)

2) Atheist groups and conventions; two new atheist groups have come up and there is an atheist convention on the 11th of september. One of the groups is a humanist one and the other on is the atheist convention of Nigeria (ASN), which is having the convention.

3) Growth of atheist numbers on Nairaland, twitter and facebook; there is no week I dont see some criticism of religion or God on twitter or facebook by a Nigerian. This shows that the internet gives voices to those who are more careful in real life. Nairaland is the den of atheist- no need to even talk about it. grin

I completely agree, and in truth we actually do not need more churches and what not, what we need is a society of free thinking individuals such as the ASN of which I am a proud member of; people who are ready to contribute, give hands on contribution to the betterment of the society and Nigeria as a whole... not those 'It is well" people. And freethinking Nigerians pop up with each passing day.

Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by JawadZeus: 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2017
:
OtemAtum:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by OtemAtum: 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2017
Originakalokalo:

OtemAtum is now a bro with Atheist. (From a reply)

What we are discussing"

And he is a god

Hehehe. This guy.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Scam.

I am a friend to everybody, Christians, muslims, atheists, deists... but I am a terror to bad gods like Yahweh, Allah, Mazda, Moloch, whose philosophies are holding back the brain development of my people and my world.

BTW, I'D RATHER PREFER ATHEISM(a belief in oneself) GROWING THAN FOR CHRISTIANITY(a belief in scammers and fictitious characters) TO GROW.
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by JawadZeus: 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2017
adepeter2027:

Discussion on prayer.
What/who/where is god.
Who is the holy spirit.
Freewill
Biblical contradictions.
The Noah's ark.
Is Satan a bad guy?

None of those questions have been answered with convincing evidence; most of what you usually get in answer to those questions are a bunch of mumbo jumbo... and some bullshit to top it.
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by OtemAtum: 5:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
JawadZeus:
:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
the guy just like using old school method to try convert souls. Who won't die before? It's obvious he's still a christian because of the fear of death. Imagine, fearing hell fire in the 21st century undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by Originakalokalo(m): 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2017
OtemAtum:

I am a friend to everybody, Christians, muslims, atheists, deists... but I am a terror to bad gods like Yahweh, Allah, Mazda, Moloch, whose philosophies are holding back the brain development of my people and my world.

BTW, I'D RATHER PREFER ATHEISM(a belief in oneself) GROWING THAN FOR CHRISTIANITY(a belief in scammers and fictitious characters) TO GROW.

Ok.
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by Ioseph(m): 7:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
Atheism is not a belief in "oneself". Juxtasposing atheism as a solipsistic or individualist philosophy in opposition to Christianity or Christian-inspired values is a false dichotomy and false framing.

All atheism is, is the lack of belief in a god. A- (un- , without) Theismos (god, gods). Atheismos. Atheism - godless, without gods.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by GoodMuyis(m): 7:26pm On Oct 12, 2017
So make we fry poo? After thousand of years ahead of any religion on earth, atheism is still struggling to survive.
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:52pm On Oct 12, 2017
menxer:
The way I see it, people are beginning to see through the blindfold of religion. It's only religious people that are scared of taking a good look at what they believe in relation to the life we live that are shouting atheism is on the rise.

Here is a poser:
why is the female gender not represented in the Trinity yet we want equality for women?
THE SOUL OF A MALE AND AND A FEMALE IS THE SAME...BROS , LOOK BEYOND THE FLESH. DON'T TRAP YOURSELF IN THE FLESH..GOD GAVE US THIS EARTHY FLESH, SO THAT WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO FUNCTION ON EARTH.
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
OtemAtum:

DEATH DO NOT HAVE ANY AUTHORITY IN LIFE OF A BELIEVER... DEATH IS A CONQUERED FOE...MY LORD CHRIST HAS DEFEATED IT...THROUGH CHRIST JESUS, I WILL CHOOSE AND KNOW WHEN TO SLEEP(DEPART FROM MY BODY).
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by Ericsunday619: 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2017
naijawisdom:
op, you'll soon see most of them line-up here to insult you

@ScienceWatch pls come here
calling a senseless child.
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by Ericsunday619: 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2017
menxer:

Does it matter when the Bible was written? If the notion of women being disregarded as you claim is outdated, what stops us from revising it to reflect the truth.

That the female gender is suppressed and subjugated in religion tells a lot about the all just God we claim to worship.

Besides, I don't buy that because women had always played leading roles in the world from time immemorial, even in bible history.
morality in our society has nothing to do with religion instead critical thinking and reasoning of logical people has made the world much easier
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by Ericsunday619: 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
DEATH DO NOT HAVE ANY AUTHORITY IN LIFE OF A BELIEVER... DEATH IS A CONQUERED FOE...MY LORD CHRIST HAS DEFEATED IT...THROUGH CHRIST JESUS, I WILL CHOOSE AND KNOW WHEN TO SLEEP(DEPART FROM MY BODY).
it's not difficult to tell a kid from an adult. I hate religious people and you are among them. Mr Jesus Christ has defected death. Do you really believe Jesus Christ ascend to the heavens?

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by Ericsunday619: 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2017
GoodMuyis:
So make we fry poo? After thousand of years ahead of any religion on earth, atheism is still struggling to survive.
atheism is not struggling because atheists are not as illogical as Christians. Christians preach false news of a dead Jewish man to the public but atheists are not that jobless promoting a Jewish carpenter.
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by Ericsunday619: 8:33pm On Oct 12, 2017
OtemAtum:
the guy just like using old school method to try convert souls. Who won't die before? It's obvious he's still a christian because of the fear of death. Imagine, fearing hell fire in the 21st century undecided
hell fire is another false prophecy of that Jewish man. Who knows Jesus Christ father? How is it possible a virgin gave birth to a child? The earth is just a small ball rotating round the galaxy.
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by Ericsunday619: 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
THE SOUL OF A MALE AND AND A FEMALE IS THE SAME...BROS , LOOK BEYOND THE FLESH. DON'T TRAP YOURSELF IN THE FLESH..GOD GAVE US THIS EARTHY FLESH, SO THAT WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO FUNCTION ON EARTH.
who told you all these stuff about that your God?
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by menxer: 8:44pm On Oct 12, 2017
Ericsunday619:
morality in our society has nothing to do with religion instead critical thinking and reasoning of logical people has made the world much easier
was I talking morality?

Besides, logical reasoning and critical thinking are not requirements in our religious belief or practice, though the Bible says we should "reason together"
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by menxer: 8:44pm On Oct 12, 2017
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by menxer: 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

How does that answer the question I asked?
Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by OtemAtum: 8:48pm On Oct 12, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
lies grin

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Growing In Nigeria With Proof by OtemAtum: 8:53pm On Oct 12, 2017
Ioseph:
Atheism is not a belief in "oneself". Juxtasposing atheism as a solipsistic or individualist philosophy in opposition to Christianity or Christian-inspired values is a false dichotomy and false framing.

All atheism is, is the lack of belief in a god. A- (un- , without) Theismos (god, gods). Atheismos. Atheism - godless, without gods.
indirectly, atheists believe in themselves rather than in sky daddies. That was what I meant by saying that. U dey try o. Which one be solipsistic again? Una too sabi abeg cheesy mey I kon see how person wey sabi philosophy like this wan giv hin life to, fictitious Jesus(a product of archaic philosophers) cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Israel, You Will Be Jailed For Preaching About Christ. / Why Be Guided By The Bible? / Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.