Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC (16038 Views)

Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A / Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom / You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by nairavsdollars(f): 7:39am On Oct 12, 2017
* We Won’t Use Your Criteria To Judge Members - APC

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), has told the leadership of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) that he is not afraid of losing his job as the chairman of the advisory body.

Sagay and the APC leadership have been engaged in battle of words following his allegation that the party leadership was associating with alleged corrupt members.

In an exclusive interview with INDEPENDENT, Sagay who said he accepted the position from President Muhammadu Buhari because of his desire to serve the country and not for pecuniary gain, also said the John Odigie-Oyegun-led APC leadership is not comfortable with his utterances and actions because they felt threatened whenever he attacks corrupt politicians.

“I have responded to all these allegations by saying I am not a ‘come and chop’ politician. So, they cannot say I was done any particular service by being appointed to this position or to say I was brought out of obscurity into prominence.

“I accepted this position from President Buhari, a man I have tremendous respect for because I wish to serve, not because I have anything to gain. So, for anyone to say that the party, APC, got me there is totally wrong and pure rubbish. The party never got me there. The party was not in any way involved in my appointment.

“It was the president who directly appointed me. That was why I told the APC leadership led by John Odigie-Oyegun that I am not a ‘come and chop’ politician like them. So, the question of losing a position can never arise in my life.

“They are not happy with what I am saying or doing because they are very cozy with the corrupt members. They are encouraging them, aligning with them and enjoying a close relationship with them and they are pretending as if they don’t know that those people have done anything or they are a danger to the future of the party.

“That is why they are offended because definitely when I attacked those who are corrupt who the APC leadership is encouraging through their attitude, then indirectly, I am attacking them.”

Meanwhile, the All Progressives Congress (APC) has said it will not use the criteria set by Sagay in dealing with its members.

Speaking to INDEPENDENT on the allegations made by Sagay that the party leadership is associating with and condoning alleged corrupt members, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, said it will not deal with its members based on the recommendations of the professor.

Describing Sagay’s criticism as unfair, Abdullahi said since the PACAC boss had already stated in his interview that he is neither a politician nor a member of the APC, he will not be able to appreciate how the party deals with issues that have to do with politicians.

He added that the party can only take action against any corrupt member if a court of competent jurisdiction has pronounced a verdict on such a member.

According to Abdullahi, “The statement credited to Prof. Sagay accusing the party leadership of being weak and conniving with corrupt politicians to a relatively large extent is unfair. Prof. Sagay by his own admission said he is not a politician.

“If he is not a politician, that means he will not be able to appreciate happenings within the political dynamics. He has a different consideration from the considerations that we have as managers of the party. The responsibility that he has as an adviser to the president on anti-corruption is different from the responsibility we have to build our party and hold it together.

“He, on his part, wants us to exclude the people he has labeled as corrupt from the party, but the responsibility we have is to hold the party together. Until a law court has pronounced someone guilty of a crime, we don’t have the duty to label anyone as corrupt.

“I will be surprised if what Prof. Sagay is suggesting that the moment he, as chairman of PACAC, labels someone as corrupt, then the party should accept that pronouncement as a universal definition of that individual and severe relationship with that person. I don’t think that will be appropriate and that does not fall in line with our responsibility as a political party".
http://independent.ng/im-not-afraid-losing-position-sagay-tells-apc/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by Valro(m): 7:42am On Oct 12, 2017
in APC, there is nothing to gain, and nothing to lose.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by Ebimor96: 7:42am On Oct 12, 2017
grin
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by PoliticalThuG(m): 7:53am On Oct 12, 2017
Buhari Is As Useless As Used Pads

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by dodelight(m): 7:53am On Oct 12, 2017
Smart Sagay! He actually knows he will eventually lose his job when his lord is shamed out of office in 2019, so he's starting a lone anti-corruption campaign to save face ahead of time. But Nigerians Remember!

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by aolawale025: 7:56am On Oct 12, 2017
He's afraid of losing his position. If not he would have said something on the 26b scandal

5 Likes

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by Ebimor96: 8:17am On Oct 12, 2017
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by Ebimor96: 8:17am On Oct 12, 2017
angry
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by Paperwhite(m): 8:25am On Oct 12, 2017
Anti-corruption fight don tire you? As if Sagay is relevant before,not knowing that he is useless as the APC.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by oloriooko(m): 8:29am On Oct 12, 2017
The man wey dey dance hard dance Na him blokos go hear am
Sagay has danced hard dance with politicians it's time for the repercussions as the blokos has heated up grin

5 Likes

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by magoo10(m): 8:35am On Oct 12, 2017
A party that rode to power on the blood of the innocent and massive propaganda definitely have a date with destruction ,commotion and confusion will continue to be their portion as their downfall is not too far away .

6 Likes

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by Hades2016(m): 8:48am On Oct 12, 2017
Is what do you want us to do about this now ? undecided
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:48am On Oct 12, 2017
grin
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 12, 2017
kkkkk for sale
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by bigfather(m): 8:49am On Oct 12, 2017
dodelight:
Smart Sagay! He actually knows he will eventually lose his job when his lord is shamed out of office in 2019, so he's starting a lone anti-corruption campaign to save face ahead of time. But Nigerians Remember!

The BABA wan to dey form SHARPNESS ! But dem dey look am with corner eye ! grin

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by Ekeke1(m): 8:49am On Oct 12, 2017
Prof. u get sense
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by OsuGanja(m): 8:50am On Oct 12, 2017
PoliticalThuG:

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by saint047(m): 8:52am On Oct 12, 2017
I have nothing to say
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by Protein0: 8:54am On Oct 12, 2017
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by Oloripelebe: 8:54am On Oct 12, 2017
grin

Everybody just dey wail, i suspect this Sagay is tired of this useless government. .he wants to ease out

5 Likes

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by OlaMiki: 9:01am On Oct 12, 2017
Get sense, even used pads are not useless, they can be recycled shocked shocked shocked. But a brain that cant think is useless. Thank you
PoliticalThuG:
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by quiverfull(m): 9:03am On Oct 12, 2017
That much is obvious prof.
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by emmabest2000(m): 9:03am On Oct 12, 2017
PoliticalThuG:

Valro:
in APC, there is nothing to gain, and nothing to lose.

Them talk say ....
Promise Delayed Is Not Promise Denied

But in Bubu regim.....
Promise delayed is automatically promise Deleted shocked

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by talk2percy(m): 9:04am On Oct 12, 2017
Scavengers...I love watching them killing and insulting themselves.
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by oshe11: 9:04am On Oct 12, 2017
wow

This guy has seen wat many havent!

Sagay belike dat student who hates lecture hence making noise, so he wud b chased outta classgrin

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by AkupeMBANO(m): 9:07am On Oct 12, 2017
this government is a huge joke
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by Bigii(m): 9:08am On Oct 12, 2017
Prof gay!

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by deafeyez: 9:14am On Oct 12, 2017
U wont loss your position sir. But u will loss your freedom and all the money you have termed as corrupt money.
U wer saying nonsense of GEJ. Now enjoy your new companions.

If I hear say u resign make I y Efcc no go know road to ur house.

Hey Nigeria my country has fallen but God why?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by Cajal(m): 9:22am On Oct 12, 2017
dodelight:
..and another Hausa Fulani will come in.....same story....
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC by ookesanjo(m): 9:22am On Oct 12, 2017
You are not afraid.. after snitching!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mustapha Dandaura: Rivers State Gets New Commissioner Of Police / UNICAL Sex Scandal: Minister Kennedy Fumes, Vows To Prosecute, Jail Anyone Lying / Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.