Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? (3135 Views)

Eko Atlantic City A Reality Or Myth / Igbo Igp Reality Or A Joke? / Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by LePhilippe(m): 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2007
Do you think it will actually be awarded to us?? DO you want it to be awarded to us
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by Hugoboi(m): 2:13pm On Feb 19, 2007
In your next life>>, it'l just be anutha opportunity for us to "bring out our leg"
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by LePhilippe(m): 5:11pm On Feb 19, 2007
This where I disagree, why aren't Nigerians ever pleased with the government's attempt to better the country??
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by Badman888(m): 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2007
I dont think we can win it, it a very hard competition to host, but if Halifax wins it , that would be a disgrace to Abuja no way this city can get more votes ahead of Abuja.
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by LePhilippe(m): 5:43pm On Feb 19, 2007
I think we stand a very good chance, we have the backing of all African and Asian nations of the commonwealth and Australia. Also, the rest of the votes are to be split between two, Glasgow and Scotland!!
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 19, 2007
We should get it if everything is played fair. Halifax?. . .Hell no, Glasgow has a way better chance but I prefer ABJ still and it will play into our 100 year celebration. Hopefully Mallam Nasir El-Rufai's masterplan for the city is completed by then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Commonwealth_Games
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by LePhilippe(m): 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2007
Lol you know the 3rd paragraph on the blog about Abuja, Nigeria, I wrote that!!!
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by dazangel11(f): 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2007
Reminds me of 2010 world cup bid when Nigeria was bidding to host it with Benin, Togo and Cameroun.

Abuja will not win the bid. If you ask me why I would say no adequate infastructure. smiley smiley
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by LePhilippe(m): 9:14pm On Feb 23, 2007
Abuja has better sports infastructure than Halifax and Glasgow put together
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by WesleyanA(f): 9:17pm On Feb 23, 2007
how does this bidding thing work?
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by LePhilippe(m): 9:20pm On Feb 23, 2007
I think each country in the Cw casts a vote.
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by WesleyanA(f): 9:28pm On Feb 23, 2007
oh i see.
abuja might win then. there are like 61 countries in africa

or isn't that how it works
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by Badman888(m): 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2007
yea but just the english speaking countries in africa under commonwealth which isnt that much
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by WesleyanA(f): 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2007
oh crap. that sucks

what other countries are bidding? i hope none is in europe.
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by Badman888(m): 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2007
glasgow in soctland and halifax in canada

www.2014here.com (halifax site)

www.abuja2014.org/welcome.htm (Abuja site)

www.glasgow2014.com (glasgow site)
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by WesleyanA(f): 10:15pm On Feb 23, 2007
so do you think we're going to win the votes of most commonwealth states?
i don't know
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by alabiyemmy(m): 11:04pm On Feb 23, 2007
South Africa bidded and won to host the world cup, I am sure the citizens beleived in the country, hence with a single stregth of purpose and optimism, they worked hand in hand to make it happen, but in Nigeria, it is the other way round, arguments, text book critics etc. how can we progress
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by LePhilippe(m): 12:24am On Feb 24, 2007
thank you my brother o
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by WesleyanA(f): 1:00am On Feb 24, 2007
alright, we'll hope for the best
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by dazangel11(f): 5:56am On Feb 24, 2007
alabiyemmy:

South Africa bidded and won to host the world cup, I am sure the citizens beleived in the country, hence with a single stregth of purpose and optimism, they worked hand in hand to make it happen, but in Nigeria, it is the other way round, arguments, text book critics etc. how can we progress

That is because they have the facilities and are convieced they can do it.

LePhilippe:

Abuja has better sports infastructure than Halifax and Glasgow put together

And where are these facilities invicible I assume,

Make we develop our country make we forget all thesehost thing

PHCN fit seize light remember grin
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by WesleyanA(f): 6:44am On Feb 24, 2007
dazangel11:

Make we develop our country make we forget all thesehost thing

hosting actually encourages us to build our country.
usually when we're hosting, the govt are forced to build roads and repair stuff.

there's the plan to build/ develop abuja if we win the bid.
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by LePhilippe(m): 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2007
We have a pretty good chance if Nigerians stop opposing it!!! The other bids will use that against us stating if our citizens can't even support it why should they
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by WesleyanA(f): 11:33pm On Feb 24, 2007
that's true
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by lewa(m): 12:09am On Feb 25, 2007
Another avenue to waste tax payers money!
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by LePhilippe(m): 12:53am On Feb 25, 2007
TAX PAYERS, You are truly funny, I doubt there are 1 million taxpayers in Nigeria!!!
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by WesleyanA(f): 3:56am On Feb 25, 2007
lewa:

Another avenue to waste tax payers money!

people pay taxes in Nigeria?
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by lewa(m): 7:08am On Feb 25, 2007
Of course people pay taxes!What do you expect?
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by lewa(m): 7:09am On Feb 25, 2007
And by the way it was construed to mean wasting of the people's money,for those who can't see the big picture always! tongue
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by alabiyemmy(m): 1:49pm On Feb 25, 2007
WesleyanA:

people pay taxes in Nigeria?

Of course people pay taxes in Nigeria - common.
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by WesleyanA(f): 10:55pm On Feb 25, 2007
alabiyemmy:

Of course people pay taxes in Nigeria - common.

where do all the money go then?
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by pault(m): 2:13am On Feb 26, 2007
well hello everyone in nigeria and beyond. my name is paul and I am from Nova Scotia. I believe that Abuja has the best of facilities to host the commonwealth games of the three bid cities. The debate is always going to be social responsibility of course but seeing as you do have the Abuja National Stadium complex on the ground today why not use it to the best advantage.

As a person from a community near Halifax I believe it would be a travesty for Halifax to be awarded over Nigeria and actually Halifax may not even make it to the final bid decision. Halifax has no stadium, no aquatic centre to the standard needed , no velodrome and no real support on the ground from the citizens.
We have special interest group pushing this agenda that has been after the commonwealth games for 20 years. The problem is that in the pursuit not one single venue has been erected in halifax for the games since losing the bid to victoria for the 1994 games.

My self Education of your city and country has certainly opened my eyes for the stereotypical view a north american would have of nigeria. Please support your bid because I believe your country can do the best job.

paul taylor
Re: Abuja 2014 - Will This Be A Reality Or Dream? by Badman888(m): 2:34am On Feb 26, 2007
yea i live in Halifax and there is actually nothing to show to win the bid, they are probably hoping they win it before they start the devolepment of any faclilities, but some people who live here have been against the bid, so lets see how it goes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship / Ayinde Barrister- Mr Fuji Dies At 62 / What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.