Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord (22868 Views)

Toyota Camry 1999-2001 Vs 2002-2005 / 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry / Toyota Camry(2000-2001) Vs Honda Accord(2001-2002) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by yinkobert(m): 7:16pm On Mar 10, 2010
please kindly advise me which one is better between Mercedes Benz c class 2001 and 05 Honda accord in terms of maintenance, durablility ,spare parts and comfortability.Because I am thinking of buying of one them.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Onwan: 11:17pm On Mar 10, 2010
My advice;
Buy the Honda, its more modern, more gadgets and the comfort you will get from driving it will be worth whatever you will need to spend to keep it in top shape.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by chelseabmw(m): 5:25am On Mar 11, 2010
go for accord
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Emperoh(m): 10:35am On Mar 11, 2010
Only if u guys don't know that The German dudes are 5-8yrs ahead of the Japanese in terms of innovations!
what u see in 2001 C Class is what Honda and Toyota are still about to do.
Performance is also better in the Benz. . . . . . . . .the only reason why i won't go for the Benz is cost of maintenance
I can assure u Poster that what u have in the 2001 Benz is either on that Accord or yet to be featured!!

Do your checks and get back to us!! Them no be mate!!!

17 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by GeorgeD1(m): 10:48am On Mar 11, 2010
emperoh, your very correct! smiley
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Onwan: 11:50am On Mar 11, 2010
@Emperoh
Please take no offence in this;

I am a fan of German builds - and I'm saying this based on my experience and ownership of their cars, there is one thing the 05 Accord will offer that you wont have from the 01 C Class - Everyday reliability and comfort.

The C Class is rugged, but an unstable vehicle, Its better for someone who has other cars to support it - it gives you minor issues from hard starting to injector issues, and its parts are not cheap. Overall, it will last a very long time; body-wise and build but you cant bet on it.

The Accord is simply an everyday comfortable ride - NOT RUGGED especially body and shafts BUT for the 05, the comfort and gadgets you will enjoy will be way worth the cost of keeping those things at bay. Some models of the Honda are simply too fragile and have those faults coming up very frequently BUT NOT the 05 Honda Accord.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by GeorgeD1(m): 11:57am On Mar 11, 2010
onwan, emperoh was commenting generally about german cars.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Onwan: 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2010
@George_D
Thanks for the clarification; C-Class is a disgrace to the fold. Even if you check online, the newer models always have bad reviews.

The C Class is a continuation of the 190 (which according to mercedes is a factory failure; the C Class is no different - for the cost, you would expect something better). If you check nairaland, you will find out that the S-class is scarce for sale (Owners don't want to sell), E-Class is also scarce (Owners don't want to sell) BUT THE C Class is everywhere - owners are selling
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by BizBooks(m): 12:36pm On Mar 11, 2010
@ yinkobert,

I've been driving a 2005 Accord for 5 years and so far so good. If you decide on the Accord, let me know. I have two 05s for sale. No accident, clean carfax.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Emperoh(m): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2010
Onwan

Our discuss is totally healthy so no quarrels. . . moreso, u come across per your posts, as an auto technician!!!

Whatever the issues the C Class might have, i don't think its still comparable to the 05 Accord.
If you were raising the following issues with a Toyota then i might just concede. . . . . the Benz is way too advanced for the accord
Also, the issues u mentioned above could well be maintenance issues. . . . unless u have used such car and been a victim.

The 190 it generated from, per experience has been a great car. . . my mother uses one that was bought in May 2002
And till date, WE HAVE NEVER worked on the engine. . . . just some camber and injector failure and then some body work
its a 1991 model though. . . . .and this car is still serving up till today. . . the only issue i have had with it is the AC which i attribute to the
first hand that worked on it when we first bought the car. . . and then its losing power which i think is as a result of old age!!

Per the C class and the Accord, i will go with the C Class any day be it C180, C320 or C200 Kompressor!
These cars give u performance and reliability. . . . . compare the C Class with A Toyota in terms of reliability and everyday vehicle not Honda

The only down i maintain is cost of maintenance and second hand value!!!
Even when compared with Toyota, its beats it hands down in terms of handling, performance and gadgets!!!
There is no meeting point btw the Germans and Japanese they are miles apart!!

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Onwan: 2:28pm On Mar 11, 2010
@Emperoh
Thanks for your response.

Most people that buy the Honda Accord are everyday users; like employees, bankers, etc - they drive it everyday; I don't know about your mum's driving BUT I'm pretty sure she wont be using it like an average male driver.

Ive never owned a C Class but bought a 190 once and an E320. The E Class can handle an everyday usage BUT will need some serious periodic checks so as not to depreciate terribly (Money), For the 190 (contrary to your own experience) which was to be like a pool ride BUT just not practical, so had to do away with it. The mechanic simply becomes your "god".

The thing is that the Mercedes C Class will last a very long time because its built to be rugged, BUT If you will drive it as an everyday ride, you will spend so much. They are better as travel or leisure rides BUT the Honda is a guaranteed everyday everyday driver without spending too much - and the comfort is worth every cent you spend.

You might also want to consider fuel economy on the long run.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Emperoh(m): 2:45pm On Mar 11, 2010
The 190 was and is being used for all the local runs down in the east!!
There is no rugged road in the East that cars had not travelled. . . not trying to hype it
But thats it. . . . . . covers a distance of at least 20 - 25km everyday within Enugu. . . .so u can imagine!!

But what we never take away from it is the periodic maintenance which is done every three months!!
I can't remember any major work being done on it!!!

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by GeorgeD1(m): 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2010
Onwan:

@George_D
Thanks for the clarification; C-Class is a disgrace to the fold. Even if you check online, the newer models always have bad reviews.

The C Class is a continuation of the 190 (which according to mercedes is a factory failure; the C Class is no different - for the cost, you would expect something better). If you check nairaland, you will find out that the S-class is scarce for sale (Owners don't want to sell), E-Class is also scarce (Owners don't want to sell) BUT THE C Class is everywhere - owners are selling

onwan, people sell cars for a variety of reasons. the fact people are selling c-class cars every nook and corner must not be misconstrued to mean they're a failure.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Onwan: 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2010
Emperoh, let this man buy the Honda 05 Accord and enjoy driving comfort without winding down all the time because of AC fault or fear for fuel consumption cheesy

Save him from Injector problems, you know the complete manifold costs over 45k, and remember that from Ikeja to VI everyday is over 70Km - totaling about 140Km daily use

Poster, I still strongly advise you go for the 05 Honda Accord, its a better option.

@George_D
You are very correct sir! but for a lot of reasons, I would stand by my advice to the poster to buy a Honda and not the C Class.

Also, personally, I prefer a padded 95 V-Boot to the 2001 C Class.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by GeorgeD1(m): 7:29pm On Mar 11, 2010
onwan, you can't eat your cake and have it. there is a reason why most japanese cars are so called fuel efficient and there's a reason why some (not all, mind you) german cars are seen to be fuel consumers. if your technically inclined you will know that it requires more power, hence more fuel to move a heavy object as opposed to a lighter one. the germans make their cars with the best quality alloy metals which are heavier than the lighter, cheaper alloys used to manufacture japanese cars. what is the result? the german car will require more fuel to move it around but what you spend on fuel, you also gain in terms of less wear on your engine parts due to heavier and better alloy metals. for the japanese on other hand, you gain less fuel consumption but you lose in faster wear and tear of your engine. the money you save on less fuel, your just saving it to overhaul your engine after 3 to 4 years!

tell you what, i stayed in a compound where my landlady was driving one of these cheap japanese cars. i on the other hand was driving a german build. over 4 yrs she had ringed her car engine twice and for me, i can tell you i been driving my car now for close to 9yrs and never seen the inside of the engine! when i start the car in the morning, it still spews steam like brand new! you can't try that with cheap japanese cars! cool

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by yinkobert(m): 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2010
Thank u so much the honorable men of the house u have really done justice to my question, I apreciate u all.I am well convinced now I will go for 05 Honda Accord.Thanks once again.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by MrCrackles(m): 8:50pm On Mar 11, 2010
Emperoh:

Onwan
u come across per your posts, as an auto technician!!!

You mean "a mechanic" grin grin grin
Auto technician is the latest word for mechanics now innit. . . .just joking!!! grin
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Onwan: 9:14pm On Mar 11, 2010
@MrCrackles
" You mean "a mechanic" " cheesy - I like that; at least some people do it for a living, and they have our attention when our rides call out to them, at times they send us to the bank too.

No offense taken though wink
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by MrCrackles(m): 9:15pm On Mar 11, 2010
Onwan:

@MrCrackles
" You mean "a mechanic" " cheesy - I like that; at least some people do it for a living, and they have our attention when our rides call out to them, at times they send us to the bank too.

No offense taken though wink
I was only joking boss. . . . wink
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Onwan: 9:26pm On Mar 11, 2010
@George_D
I understand your point BUT you still don't get the point I'm making here; The Honda wins because it is a practical, everyday, comfortable, low maintenance ride.

That very C Class is rugged because its German built BUT its not practical as an everyday driver because its overall ownership and running cost is higher.

PLUS, the Honda is way better looking and has its own level of durability.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by 190: 10:22pm On Mar 11, 2010
see my name being mentioned everywhere

the 190! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by GeorgeD1(m): 2:52pm On Mar 13, 2010
onwan, point noted.

crackles, mechanics are buliding houses everywhere nowadays. gone are the days when that trade connotes thuggery and deciet! grin
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by onome25(m): 11:54pm On Jun 13, 2012
yinkobert: please kindly advise me which one is better between Mercedes Benz c class 2001 and 05 Honda accord in terms of maintenance, durablility ,spare parts and comfortability.Because I am thinking of buying of one them.
hmmmmm go for the c class.
i bought a c class since 2010 & wheeeeeeeeeeeew it's awesome.though i have a honda product but benz product na baba tnx.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Siga: 12:13am On Jun 14, 2012
So na 05 Accord win this debate....

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by lacasa: 12:13am On Jun 14, 2012
Go for the 05 accord.

i use it & its fantastic. The comfort is tops, The ride is classy plus all i do is buy petrol n service my ride.

Its engine is powerful n the a.c is very stable.

i was goin 4 D̶̲̥̅̊ C-class like U̶̲̥̅̊ were, bt mere seeing all those C-Class' on D̶̲̥̅̊ road wt dia windows down ..'Common'

Benz is 4 wen U̶̲̥̅̊'ve made it i.e wen Your close τ̅o retiring, bt the 05 accord, is - for now!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by soluwafemi71: 12:22am On Jun 14, 2012
I think the Honda will be better for two reasons, first, its quite smart and beautiful. secondly, maintenance is quite cheaper than that of the Benz. Agreed the Benz is strong but not too common on the road like the Honda as such parts are not that easy to come by
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by obaf(m): 12:42am On Jun 14, 2012
Have used both,when u talk of reliability, go for C class,it served well for 4yrs! Just sold it dis year! Now using Honda 05,which is more flexible & comfortable! I think u should go for Honda, its newer & more prestigious!
The call is urs. C class engine doesn't die! But u can't drive Honda in d flood of water!
But C class is rugged!
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by AnotherOkija: 2:26am On Jun 14, 2012
vs.

Which would you rather pick...

I say go for the Mercedes....

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by EASY39(m): 2:45am On Jun 14, 2012
[quote author=Emperoh][color=#550000]Only if u guys don't know that The German dudes are 5-8yrs ahead of the Japanese in terms of innovations!
what u see in 2001 C Class is what Honda and Toyota are still about to do.
Performance is also better in the Benz. . . . . . . . .the only reason why i won't go for the Benz is cost of maintenance
I can assure u Poster that what u have in the 2001 Benz is either on that Accord or yet to be featured!!

Do your checks and get back to us!! Them no be mate!!![/color
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by kinnkw(m): 3:20am On Jun 14, 2012
There is no other way to explain it.
Mercedes/German Cars = Luxury, Performance,Innovation,Power, technology and Durability.
Honda/Japanese cars = Fuel Economy, efficiency, Cheap and Low maintenance.
If you don't care how much you speed on fuel and expensive maintenance etc, then go for a Benz
but if you do, then go for a Japanese preferably Toyota.
Toyota is the king of Japanese cars,honda on the other isn't as durable.
I have used a 1998 toyota camry since 2007, bought it with 173k mileage(Quite High).
It still runs very well and the parts are very cheap compared to a honda accord of the same year.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Denn(m): 5:47am On Jun 14, 2012
Onwan: @George_D

Why quote emotional statistics? If one single guy posts his dislike for the 190 on a gay website, does that make it a declaration from mercedes? Give us a reference please. Have you heard that the 190 is the most engineered benz to be developed in the eighties? You can hit google for more information on the 190 which is now turning to a classic. And for your 'fact' about people having more C class to sell, have you ever given it a tthought that the cheapest benz sedan before the advent of the A class was the C class? More people buy C class brand new so they have more to sell fairly used than the E and G classes. Same thing for 3 series BMW as against the 7 series

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by 55gal(m): 5:53am On Jun 14, 2012
Pls.let me use this opportunity to learn,How reliable and the cost of maintainece of Honda End Of discussion 2005 model?Thank U.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know / Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road / How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.