Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC (36632 Views)

Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) / NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum / Buhari Approved N640Bn Oil Contracts From His Sick Bed In London- Baru indicates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by sanpipita(m): 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
Keballl:

Your quote didn't answer the begging question. Who presented such at the FEC? And why was Kachikwu as an active member not aware?

Them zombies are yet to realize Osinbajo's statement make nothing legal, even their favorite govt lawyer Femi Falana has faulted the contract process but they won't still open their minds and embrace sense.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by eph12(m): 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
Blue3k:
Why are these salty people always shifting goal post. First it was Buhari doing work in sick bed as president now it's the VP is being black mailed.

The FEC and VP approved contracts what's this nonsense about missing money. Kachikwu letter didn't even claim such. He said due process was violated when awarding contracts.
Money don't just get stolen like that, it's through bloated or imaginary contracts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by GavelSlam: 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
grin

He is not a mere commissioner.

The letter to the Senate when embarking on sick leave conveyed all powers to the VP.

Great partnership.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by SalamRushdie: 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2017
Clerverly:
I pity IPOB Terrorists- The militant arm of PDP! They have Been toiling day and night, to make sure, the unfounded allegation of "Phantom Missing $26B" is stacked on Buhari, at least to help in denting his towering integrity posture.

However, the more they try, the more, it is evident that Buhari is a stickler to due process.

Baru, in his initial reaction maintained, that he Sought Presidential approvals before the contracts were awarded, and the then acting President just confirmed it...

SalamRushdie and his ipob friends can now go meet Kanu and do the needful!

Try and stand for the truth just once you will not die just try it and thank me later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by senatordave1(m): 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2017
Toketimt:

It was never an issue from the beginning. Kachikwu's allegations were simply emotional but not based on facts and laws of the land.
I don't think he even refer to any law when peddling the allegations in his leaked letter however NNPC response was laced with exant laws to back up each of the steps they took. Only fools will ignore this for Kachikwu letter
You are over correct.kachikwu was just being sentimental and trying to cling to slippery straws.wailers are now saying the vp admittance is faulty and suspicious.but if osibanjo said he never approved of the contract,they would now believe him and it would no longer be coercion or blackmail.nonsense and shameless bunch.up apc.up buhari.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Clerverly: 2:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Try and stand for the truth just once you will not die just try it and thank me later

Truth is by voting PDP?

By voting Atiku?

Abeg shift for road.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Bullhari007(m): 2:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
why all this Muslim from west is acting as there is oil in Yoruba land... grin grin grin
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Toketimt: 2:16pm On Oct 12, 2017
sanpipita:

You think Osinbajo's statements make those contracts legal? go and read the NNPC act and BPP act then come back and delete this gibberish

Go to court if u av issues with it. Besides am much more concerned about any missing money. Do u still think money is missing? If so, what's ur basis?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by GavelSlam: 2:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
seunmsg:

The part in bold is actually not correct. Memos for approval of contracts that falls within the threshold of FEC are presented by a member of FEC. That is why all MDAS have a supervising minister who presents such memos on their behalf. In the case of NNPC, their is a minister of state and the full minister who doubles as the president. The reasonable arrangement in this particular case should have been for the minister of state to present the memo to FEC on behalf of NNPC and not for the GMD to seek approval from the acting president. In any case, Osinbajo acted as the president and not as Minister of petroleum. He cannot inherit that portfolio in acting capacity even as an acting president.

What part of the Constitution suggests what you are implying?

Are you suggesting he couldn't fire Kachikwu if he had to?

If he could fire he could relegate.

Kachikwu is an employee, way below the VP who was acting in the capacity of the president.

No one voted Kachikwu but the VP was.

Kachikwu was relegated and would be relegated again if necessary.

Kachikwu is not a demi-god and he would not be made one.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by chloride6: 2:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
I thought Osinbajo was a smart guy. I guess I was wrong.

How can you take the fall for an ordinary GMD?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Doyin2(m): 2:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

So what is the truth,oya tell us kiss

Clowns everywhere!To them the truth is what they are made to believe.

None of them has pointed at any contravention of NNPC OR PROCUREMENT ACTS.

SMH.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Keballl: 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
Blue3k:

Lol keep crying boy that's why you guys have new story every two days. Osinbajo is suddenly being framed in your eyes.

You are the one with a new story per day.

The Same Osinbajo who was reported to have sent Baru back to Kachikwu over mere personnel appointments for his inputs will then now approve a whooping N640 billion worth of contracts without Kachikwu knowledge.

LMAO. This will be countered then you will come with another sling tomorrow.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by MRAKBEE(m): 2:20pm On Oct 12, 2017
PointB:
Hahahaha. Now the Pastor has been coerced to lie to save the skins of economic Jihadists! Well done Pastor.
I hope Kachikwu will also admit presenting the document at the FEC prior to your approval. grin grin
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Saintp(m): 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2017
Most times I wonder how people defend someone they don't know in person and have never met them one on one before.
You don't know PMB and other top players in the political game, these guys don't know your name neither do they know you exist. Yet, you spend so much energy defending their actions as if you know what is on their mind or they have discussed the issues with you, to the extent of insulting people with a different opinion. Why are people this stupid?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Clerverly: 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2017
seunmsg:

Which section of the constitution/BPP act gives the president/acting president powers to approve such contract on behalf of NNPC?

Are saying Osinbajo=A law professor, does not know what due process is as regards awarding and approving contracts? Are you saying the contracts didnt pass through the FEC?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by monex(m): 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2017
Clerverly:

I can never defend a corrupt person! Sieve hate campaign against Buhari by ipob terrorists, and you will discover why sane Nigerians love Buhari!

Baba forget IPOB terrorists and their matter first... do you really believe Osibanjo signed it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Clerverly: 2:26pm On Oct 12, 2017
monex:

Baba forget IPOB terrorists and their matter first... do you really believe Osibanjo signed it?

As far as legality is concerned, i believe he signed it. Do you believe he didnt sign it?
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by sanpipita(m): 2:26pm On Oct 12, 2017
Toketimt:

Go to court if u av issues with it. Besides am much more concerned about any missing money. Do u still think money is missing? If so, what's ur basis?

You should be more concerned corruption under this govt is wearing bullet proof, lying is corruption, giving contracts without due process especially to cronies is corruption, corruption doesnt necessarily mean missing money, unless you are OK with corruption

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Toketimt: 2:26pm On Oct 12, 2017
chloride6:
I thought Osinbajo was a smart guy. I guess I was wrong.

How can take the fall for an ordinary GMD?

So in ur daft state, he isn't smart for stating the truth. Are u ok?
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by SalamRushdie: 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2017
Clerverly:

Truth is by voting PDP?

By voting Atiku?

Abeg shift for road.

I have never been a fan of Atiku but after experiencing Buhari's so called "Integrity " now I want to taste the so called Atikus corruption OOO since everybody is doing the opposite of what is expected after they are elected .

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by chloride6: 2:28pm On Oct 12, 2017
Toketimt:

Who is daft? It's your mother that opened to.to for you to fu.c..k this morning that is daft.

Was this the original story put forward by the NNPC? The NNPC said the President not his Vice approved the contract. Why the change in story now?

This lie will forever hang on the VP's head. He has just dragged himself into a mess than doesn't concern him.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by luckyogor(m): 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2017
Clerverly:
lalasticlala

Buhari has been vindicated! grin grin grin grin

Ipob terrorists, can now wait for the Reactions from the Kpomo Cutting governor called Fayose, and that Bianca Ojukwu Boyfriend-FFK to console themselves! grin grin grin grin
Vindicated as how,was due process followed,so an anomaly is deemed normal because the ag president agreed to stamping the project,where they not supposed to consult with the minister of state for petroleum before such deals are deemed okay,this is how people supported oduah and diezani when they where doing nonsense.we all need to be fair in assessing issues if really we want this nation to grow.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by musa234(m): 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2017
He's a weakling and can never be a president, stupid pastor

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by adem30: 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2017
Toketimt:

You need to stop arguing with an Educated Illiterates. They know nothing and yet they claim they know all.

When it come to Education,Health,Military Operations,Construction,Technology They will be forming don online, whereas they carry empty brain about. They will still be teaching you your Job they know nothing about.

The same Osibanjo that rejected and refused to sign Law made by our senseless Senators and up till now the Senators never say anything about it. I remembered how they were castigating him then.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Blue3k(m): 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2017
Keballl:

You are the one with a new story per day.

The Same Osinbajo who was reported to have sent Baru back to Kachikwu over mere personnel appointments for his inputs will then now approve a whooping N640 billion worth of contracts without Kachikwu knowledge.

LMAO. This will be countered then you will come with another sling tomorrow.

Baru didn't need His permission for contracts find new talking point. Just remember to wear a life jacket so you don't drown in your tears. I'll wait for the counter if he has one.

eph12:

Money don't just get stolen like that, it's through bloated or imaginary contracts.

I don't remember him making this claim in his letter.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Toketimt: 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2017
[s]
sanpipita:

You should be more concerned corruption under this govt is wearing bullet proof, lying is corruption, giving contracts without due process especially to cronies is corruption, corruption doesnt necessarily mean missing money, unless you are OK with corruption
[/s]

I detest bear parlour talks without verifiable facts. It turns my tummy.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by VERDA: 2:32pm On Oct 12, 2017
seunmsg:

The part in bold is actually not correct. Memos for approval of contracts that falls within the threshold of FEC are presented by a member of FEC. That is why all MDAS have a supervising minister who presents such memos on their behalf. In the case of NNPC, their is a minister of state and the full minister who doubles as the president. The reasonable arrangement in this particular case should have been for the minister of state to present the memo to FEC on behalf of NNPC and not for the GMD to seek approval from the acting president. In any case, Osinbajo acted as the president and not as Minister of petroleum. He cannot inherit that portfolio in acting capacity even as an acting president.

I wish I could like this post a hundred times and also wish those hurling insults and supporting this wrong would read and understand what you have just written.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2017
Blue3k:
Why are these salty people always shifting goal post. First it was Buhari doing work in sick bed as president now it's the VP is being black mailed.

The FEC and VP approved contracts what's this nonsense about missing money. Kachikwu letter didn't even claim such. He said due process was violated when awarding contracts.
Which of the Ministers brought it before the FEC?
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Clerverly: 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2017
[s]
SalamRushdie:

I have never been a fan of Atiku but after experiencing Buhari's so called "Integrity " now I want to taste the so called Atikus corruption OOO since everybody is doing the opposite of what is expected after they are elected .
[/s]

Then as for me, anybody that wants take over from Buhari, in 2023, must be an upgrade on Buhari...and that person is definitely not Atiku/.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Ijebusomaada: 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2017
NOTICE!!

A new company in the multi level marketing industry is looking for business partners across Nigeria. Call +2348068045223 if you're interested.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Toketimt: 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2017
[s]
chloride6:

Who is daft? It's your mother that opened to.to for you to fu.c..k this morning that is daft.

Was this the original story put forward by the NNPC? The NNPC said the President not his Vice approved the contract. Why the change in story now?

This lie will forever hang on the VP's head. He has just dragged himself into a mess than doesn't concern him.
[/s]

Dafto, do u really have to bring ur hopeless mama to this discussion?
By the way fool, the presidency was what was originally referred to.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Blue3k(m): 2:34pm On Oct 12, 2017
DutchBruh:

Which of the Ministers brought it before the FEC?

That I don't know.

Toketimt:

Case closed. Anyone that feels otherwise to kindly go to court to prove otherwise or continue to rant aimlessly.

They are in court over appointments but not contracts. I guess they are only interested in talking for now.

Keballl:

Your quote didn't answer the begging question. Who presented such at the FEC? And why was Kachikwu as an active member not aware?

Why couldn't his press representative answer if he attended the FEC meetings. A lot of simple questions need answers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Donald Trump to Call President Buhari, Zuma on Phone Today / Kwankwaso Wins In North Online Poll (Photo) / Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.