Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis (23915 Views)

Dr. Maduka Distributes Free Fuel To Keke Operators In Awka / Celebration In Owerri As INEC Declares Emeka Ihedioha Winner / Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Mztarstrechy(m): 3:07pm On Oct 12, 2017
Keke operators today staged a protest in Owerri over Governor Okorocha's plan to ban and replace them with taxi cabs operators.According to them,300 taxi cabs cannot stop 50,000 Keke- keke operators.See photos below

cc; Lalasticlala, mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/10/keke-operators-protest-in-owerri-over.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Mztarstrechy(m): 3:08pm On Oct 12, 2017

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Threecrownz(m): 3:11pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hmmmh...next!

Didn't know this will get to front page though..

FTC!

1 Like

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2017
Okkk
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by policy12: 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
....and this Okoroawusa wan be President. I won't blame him but the stupid people that will still vote him assuming he is to contest for governorship.

19 Likes

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Homeboiy: 3:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
ThankGod i am not from imo state

I would have done something bad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2017
Owelle again... grin The Anti-Owelle cheer continues...Lol
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Ericaikince(m): 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
This protest just made me believe this

10 Likes

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by lelvin(m): 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
I hope God comes to their aid. With the harsh buhari economic weather, he's still taking their little bread away. It's only God that can help them, and he hardly picks call about cases like this. He doesn't even return the calls. grin. This country ehn!

Buhari, come here.....

6 Likes

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by idrisolaide(m): 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by shibanbo(m): 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
Inhuman Rochas

1 Like

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by massinola(m): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hmmm what's wrong with Nigeria government as a whole? Why do they derive joy in seeing the masses go through anguish? Is this part of development too? First they banned bikes, the people who owned bike complained bitterly, suffered, and moved on to keke which the government introduced. Now they want to ban the keke too. The main aim of this is to subject the poor masses to perpetual poverty and slavery. They will now give the taxi out on higher purchase to the unsuspecting masses. You will end up using the taxi to finish before it becomes yours. At the point of becoming yours, the taxi can't give you anything again. Why does Okoroawusa want to ban keke?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Ycmia: 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
not a good move so to say....

sometimes our government think out of box, but in the stupid direction

2 Likes

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by chi4ik(m): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
Okorocha has a brain tumor....how do he want people to survive this hazardous APC government? I wish we can emulate Ghana by eliminating these Luciferous leaders we have in Nigeria...

3 Likes

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Ugoeze2016: 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
Mr Governor Owelle please join the gym
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by AceRoyal: 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
Every APC government seems to derive great joy in increasing the suffering of the people!
Making things difficult, hard and unpleasant!
From multiple taxation to draconian, anti people and counter productive policies that impede sustainable development!

What has been the benefit of the government to the people so far?

Gov.Okorocha like almost every APC governor(Aside Ambode) seems not to be in touch with the people.

I love my country but hate our government!
I love my people but hate our leaders!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Gkemz: 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
Over 100,000 persons depending on Keke transport business within Owerri metropolis alone. Imagine the hardship APC government brought upon Imo state.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by delugajackson: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
What kind of satanic arrangement is this?

It seems Okorohausa wants to send people to their early grave before he leaves office in 2019.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by emeijeh(m): 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
Keep protesting..... Okorawusa is coming

6 Likes

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by tunatrezy(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2017
Good people useless government

1 Like

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by phransix2: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2017
Over to you Rochas!
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Nikapetrelli(f): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2017
Imolites n Roro wahala are like 5 & 6

1 Like

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by COdeGenesis: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
u cant ban keke. restrict them to streets and let the taxi's take major routes. There is also need for route restructuring, the keke's can pass through streets to get to their destination and also avoid major roads to reduce congestion. This should work. You cant ban keke ,it's senseless and wicked considering the economic situation

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Kiakia(m): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
Protest means nothing to that governor who lost his conscience years ago. Waste of time. To that man, he will rule forever not knowing that power is ephemeral.

This year, he used state resources to celebrate his birthday for seven days. Let us see how many days he will celebrate this same birthday in September, 2018.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
AceRoyal:
Every APC government seems to derive great joy in increasing the suffering of the people!
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by wellmax(m): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
Which set is this group. ?? Who sponsored them? Cos last time I checked the Keke operators were happy with him.

https://www.nairaland.com/4055055/rochas-okorocha-sings-keke-napep

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by alaskido(m): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
This Okorocha self. Making life very difficult for the common man on the street. Is that why they voted for him?
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by kereman1: 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
owerri. d city of sin
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by chinawapz(m): 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
It is good if he is ready to supply dem for free
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by jeeqaa7(m): 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
Apshit
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by pezeji(m): 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2017
Okoroausa at it again. Dumb ass
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2017
None of my business.
You voted him in so carry your cross.

In other news.
How can only one person call my phone 21 missed calls.
Am I with your kidney?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tambuwal Consults Obasanjo, Mark, Danjuma Over 2023 Presidency / Shettima: We Will End Insurgency In Six Months / 3 Policemen Dismissed For Firing Shots While Hyping Musician In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.