Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" (30212 Views)

How Do You Feel About African Ladies Who Post Like This On IG? / Guys ! How Do You Feel About Waist Beads ? ( Photo ) / its Time to Pop The Question. (Rings Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Laveda(f): 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2017
daveP:

1)Can i know more bout you. 2)we should get to know bout each soon enough, dont you think? 3)i wana know you better, tell me something bout you?
which doesnt ignite a formal atmosphere? or better still, which will you feel comfy with? also @Laveda

1 and 3
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by daveP(m): 4:40pm On Oct 12, 2017
Dillusionist:
that question is really tiring,,it's not a stupid question but I hate it with passionsad
Even if you like the person before striking a convo?
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 12, 2017
Laveda:

shocked There are people like this?! This is the height of it nah grin

grin Convo dead on arrival

Yes.. I think coz a lot of the Nigerian men doesn't really know how to handle a good conversation..
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Linux007(m): 4:40pm On Oct 12, 2017
All these dumb ladies here on nairaland, am sure some have not had the opportunity of being asked that question, suddenly have an opinion.

11 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Laveda(f): 4:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
Linux007:
All these dumb ladies here on nairaland am sure some have not had the opportunity of being asked that question suddenly have an opinion.

So you're assuming all the ladies that have commented haven't been asked this question before. That's laughable grin
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Intrepid01(m): 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2017
Safiaa:
So when you ask that question, what specifically do you want to hear? And why cant you just go straight to the point. Funny enough ..i gave my number to a guy yesterday. Very attractive physically, and we started talking. The minute he asked me that question, he just instantly became unattractive to me. I don't know why and Im yet to respond to the message. You guys should do better.

Hmmm...I think it's an expectation gap...which I think is what Laveda intend to address with this thread. Guys need to know what ladies want in a convo and Ladies need to know what is expected of them either. The point is WE ARE ALL MENTALLY LAZY...Seriously, that question shouldn't put you off. BY the time you tell me about yourself...naturally convo will arise from what we've both said about each other. We need to know how much we are alike and how farther we are in terms of likes, growing up and fantasies..It has to come up one way or the other.

7 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by daveP(m): 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2017
Laveda:

1 and 3
Lol, you went for the ones that doesnt make it a 'we' thing before getting closer. hmm! Well i've met girls that asked me the same interview format. I dunno, its kinda forward! So i rephrase and restructure. Only a totally boring person wont step in and control the situo.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Laveda(f): 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2017
daveP:
Lol, you went for the ones that doesnt make it a 'we' thing before getting closer. hmm! Well i've met girls that asked me the same interview format. I dunno, its kinda forward! So i rephrase and restructure. Only a totally boring person wont step in and control the situo.
@emboldened, can be true most times.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Safiaa(f): 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2017
Intrepid01:

Hmmm...I think it's an expectation gap...which I think is what Laveda intend to address with this thread. Guys need to know what ladies want in a convo and Ladies need to know what is expected of them either. The point is WE ARE ALL MENTALLY LAZY...Seriously, that question shouldn't put you off. BY the time you tell me about yourself...naturally convo will arise from what we've both said about each other. We need to know how much we are alike and how farther we are in terms of likes, growing up and fantasies..It has to come up one way or the other.
i see. All im saying is that they're other ways to go about it. Be more specific. We naturally gravitate as humans to interesting and exciting things. The question is just boring. Im just saying.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Dillusionist(m): 4:49pm On Oct 12, 2017
daveP:
Even if you like the person before striking a convo?
it has nothing to do with the person,but a reasonable human should have introduced himself first, then it's left for the lady to do hers.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by daveP(m): 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2017
Intrepid01:

some ladies though.. they need learn the 'art of conversation'. i've a case where the guy was great, but boring while chatting. she overlook it, but made it lively. down the line, time passing, she jokingly brought it up. He took her serious and improved. two gains!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Linux007(m): 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2017
Laveda:

So you're assuming all the ladies that have commented haven't been asked this question before. That's laughable grin
I said some, and u should read through the lines before u qoute me.
daveP:

1)Can i know more bout you. 2)we should get to know bout each soon enough, dont you think? 3)i wana know you better, tell me something bout you?
which doesnt ignite a formal atmosphere? or better still, which will you feel comfy with? also @Laveda
Laveda:

1 and 3
And 1 2 and3 means virtually the same thing with tell me about you. You are confused. cool

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Intrepid01(m): 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
daveP:
some ladies though.. they need learn the 'art of conversation'. i've a case where the guy was great, but boring while chatting. she overlook it, but made it lively. down the line, time passing, she jokingly brought it up. He took her serious and improved. two gains!

Exactly...Ladies make it seem it is the Guys responsibility to make a convo flow. If he isn't doing that to your expectation why don't you do it. I have an online friend I met here on Nairaland, we chat on WhatsApp...and i noticed she sometimes bring up stuff just to strike a long convo and from there we go in to banters and stuff...The point is bpht parties have a role to play.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Oyindidi(f): 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2017
There's nothing offensive about the question. Answer the question or you politely ask him to tell you about himself and you do same.

7 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by daveP(m): 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
Laveda:

@emboldened, can be true most times.
I however prefer if its a two sided thing. As a lady, dont wait for a convo to become an interview, call and response thing. It means you cant HOLD a convo. Reminds me of my friend's chat with one baby. i objectively noticed his efforts to keep the chat afloat, but she was just all MONOSYLLABIC on him. funny!
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Intrepid01(m): 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
Oyindidi:
There's nothing offensive about the question. Answer the question or you politely ask him to tell you about himself and you do same.

Some ladies are just mentally lazy, aswear

4 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Linux007(m): 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
Intrepid01:

Exactly...Ladies make it seem it is the Guys responsibility to make a convo flow. If he isn't doing that to your expectation why don't you do it. I have an online friend I met here on Nairaland, we chat on WhatsApp...and i noticed she sometimes bring up stuff just to strike a long convo and from there we go in to banters and stuff...The point is bpht parties have a role to play.
Well said bro. Some ladies are stereotyped into thinking guys have a sole responsibility to strike a convo. and the worst part is some of their responses are monotonous. Very boring set of people, i never waste my time with them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by daveP(m): 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2017
Dillusionist:

it has nothing to do with the person,but a reasonable human should have introduced himself first, then it's left for the lady to do hers.
Yeah, i mean after all that intro stuff. If he suddenly ask the question, you'll just 'off'?
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Laveda(f): 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2017
daveP:
I however prefer if its a two sided thing. As a lady, dont wait for a convo to become an interview, call and response thing. It means you cant HOLD a convo. Reminds me of my friend's chat with one baby. i objectively noticed his efforts to keep the chat afloat, but she was just all MONOSYLLABIC on him. funny!

Well I get your point, but in a case where a guy just messaged me or any girl on social media, you think the girl should be in a haste take over the convo? All we are saying is guys need to come up with something new.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Deefuray(f): 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
Him: Tell me about yourself

me: grin The question is broad, streamline into specifics....

Some guys end up breaking it down, asking about school, work, age, likes, dislikes and all the information they seem interested in, some still repeat the "tell me about yourself" question even after giving them that reply.... sometimes I ask "what do you want to know about me" it's easier when you ask directly but 'em guys don't know that...

The question sounds like I should start writing a composition about myself, it's boring to me... if I was a guy I'd know better on how to get to know the girl I like properly without using that question...

2 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by daveP(m): 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
Linux007:

I said some, and u should read through the lines before u qoute me.

And 1 2 and3 means virtually the same thing with tell me about you. You are confused. cool
Talk bout liking what the ears wana hear. However bad, it must sound good.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Oyindidi(f): 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
Intrepid01:

Some ladies are just mentally lazy, aswear
like me
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Dillusionist(m): 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
daveP:
Yeah, i mean after all that intro stuff. If he suddenly ask the question, you'll just 'off'?
nope,,like I said it doesn't have anything to do with the person...
after introducing himself, there won't be any need to ask,I will willingly do that if I want to..
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Linux007(m): 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
Safiaa:
So when you ask that question, what specifically do you want to hear? And why cant you just go straight to the point. Funny enough ..i gave my number to a guy yesterday. Very attractive physically, and we started talking. The minute he asked me that question, he just instantly became unattractive to me. I don't know why and Im yet to respond to the message. You guys should do better.
The problem might not be the question he asked you, you my friend might be the problem. U could have asked what he wants to know or ask him to talk about himself first. Its the most reasonable thing to do

3 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Sugar97(f): 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
Typical conversation spoilers. Its boring really. Sometimes, it marks the end of conversation for me
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Intrepid01(m): 5:16pm On Oct 12, 2017
Oyindidi:
like me

Lol
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Safiaa(f): 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
Linux007:

The problem might not be the question he asked you, you my friend might be the problem. U could have asked what he wants to know or ask him to talk about himself first. Its the most reasonable thing to do
i could be the problem yes. That still doesn't change the fact that the question is annoying and should be avoided. Thats all i'm trying to say
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by daveP(m): 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
Laveda:

Well I get your point, but in a case where a guy just messaged me or any girl on social media, you think the girl should be in a haste take over the convo? All we are saying is guys need to come up with something new.
LOL. That's why its an 'art'!! If its learnt, she would know JUST WHEN to either take over, sit back, go head to head. Cant anything NEW come out of ladies during a convo? No be only guys dey produce new thing now?! lol. Maybe that's why 'kkk' plenty even when letter 'o' is jst below 'k' to make an 'ok'!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Adaumunocha(f): 5:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
Linux007:
All these dumb ladies here on nairaland am sure some have not had the opportunity of being asked that question suddenly have an opinion.
At least you get to ask your chameleon the question everyday. Don't tell me you've eaten d poor thing!

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by daveP(m): 5:25pm On Oct 12, 2017
Dillusionist:

nope,,like I said it doesn't have anything to do with the person...
after introducing himself, there won't be any need to ask,I will willingly do that if I want to..
You cant always predict the outcomes!
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by LadyJasper: 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2017
It's tiring. How do you expect to know everything about me at a go?
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by ElRapido: 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2017
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Thread For Beautiful Ladies With Pointed Nose / Married But In Love With Someone Else / See What The Bride Is Wearing - No Bra (fashion Or Madness??)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.