Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,232 members, 7,807,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" (30221 Views)

How Do You Feel About African Ladies Who Post Like This On IG? / Guys ! How Do You Feel About Waist Beads ? ( Photo ) / its Time to Pop The Question. (Rings Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by OrdercityWeb: 9:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
supersystemsnig:

wink
Apologies. I just saw the notification.

The mail i used to open this is unreachable.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
kimbraa:
One thing I've observed in him is assuming he knows too much...whereas, he knows little.

Tai Solarin/ Awolowo.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by crunchyg: 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2017
Laveda:

Stupid? grin Let's start pointing it out to them then, or rather lead the conversation since their brain revolves around that one question. lipsrsealed
Who be dis one? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by crunchyg: 9:31pm On Oct 12, 2017
Monalisa185:
asking once is okay, ask me another time, I won't even answer you

Modified: lalasticlala come and answer o
I know wetin dey shark u undecided undecided
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Rozaytee: 9:31pm On Oct 12, 2017
tiring
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Lewalexzy(m): 9:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

I will give u example since this is very common with Nigerian men I encountered thru text messages..

He will text first "Hi"..
My usual reply is "ALOHA".. grin
Then out of nowhere, he will send another message, "TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF" ..

I be like...WTF!? angry

So, to me its the dead end.. I can't deal such stupid conversation..

Even I, a guy will be uninterested In this conversation if a girl brings the pattern of flow of the conversation to something like this. I mostly go with a compliment first, then a bit of the humor. She'll end up telling me about herself subconsciously in the course of the conversation. lol
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Neimar: 9:46pm On Oct 12, 2017
Erystro:

maybe cos you never got the opportunity..

I neva got it...cux I it neva bodad me
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Backinfront(m): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
joeeee240:

MY BROTHER. LOL. NO BE NAIRALAND AGAIN ? YOU DEY SHOCK? IGNORANCE DEY TOO MUCH FOR HERE. LIKE I TALK BEFORE. NA WHEN MAN JAM SOMETHING HE GO KNOW SAY THE THING EXIST
Leave them na. Dem dey form macho on top fat ugly Yankee women.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by frankfab(m): 10:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

I hate this type of question to be honest..A lot men don't realize this type of question sounds stupid..

So, if he ask me this question, I will simply reply him IM NOT INTERESTED FOR THE JOB INTERVIEW right now... I got a job already. cool

Men shud find other ways to have a better conversation especially when its ur first time to talk to that person..There are so many interesting topics where u can exchange ideas rather than asking this BS type of question..
Interesting topics like?
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by inotice: 10:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
What a way to woo a lady.I do not blame our people that much though because English is not our first language.But naija people should be open to learn;very necessary.You cannot forge ahead without that.

For Those who do not have game even(Starters),that question is a turnoff.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by frankfab(m): 10:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
Safiaa:
I just think the question is too broad, bland and boring. 3 b's. It gives me interview vibes where i feel like i need to sell myself to you by force. Its not forcefully done, i should willingly want to tell you about myself. They're so many ways to get to know someone, that once you ask me that question, i'm mentally drawn out of the conversation. Men love the chase, the thrill of getting to know a mysterious lady but i personally feel they should be creative about it. Set yourself apart from all the typical and boring questions that every guy asks, you may be more successful. Just saying
Calm down!
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by frankfab(m): 10:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
Dillusionist:
that question is really tiring,,it's not a stupid question but I hate it with passionsad
Tell me about yourself
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by frankfab(m): 10:26pm On Oct 12, 2017
Tell me about yourself entails giving a brief detail about your likes/dislikes, hobbies, occupation, state of origin, place of residence and name (full name). This is what ladies find difficult to understand.

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by sosa993: 10:29pm On Oct 12, 2017
This question will only put me off if it's a guy I'm not interested in. Besides you as a guy don't even need to ask her likes and dislikes before you know that info, if she's having a friendly conversation with you, she might just drop the hint about something she likes, that way you get to know one of her personalities. My point is getting to know someone is a gradual process.

Most guys should learn that when a girl keeps answering your chats in monosylabic, she definitely isn't interested. Not because she's a snub. When a girl keeps giving you one word answers, move onto the next one. simple as ABC
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by frankfab(m): 10:34pm On Oct 12, 2017
kimbraa:
Now I know why they keep saying Nigerian girls are dumb. No offence intended, but that question shouldn't irk a sane human being.

It's a simply question that requires an answer. You'd pick offence if you don't even know yourself.

Jezz!, I can't believe what I'm reading on this thread.
that's just my point. The question isn't vague. It's direct and clear. I don't know why i will be difficult to answer.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by sosa993: 10:38pm On Oct 12, 2017
Lewalexzy:

Even I, a guy will be uninterested In this conversation if a girl brings the pattern of flow of the conversation to something like this. I mostly go with a compliment first, then a bit of the humor. She'll end up telling me about herself subconsciously in the course of the conversation. lol

That is just it, humor is the key. As a guy you don't need to ask such direct questions. From your conversation with a girl, you'll get bits of information about her as a person. The same thing goes for women too. A guy doesn't need to introduce himself before you know him.

let me give an example of a convo I had with a guy, funny thing was, I wasn't interested in him, but I was amazed at how he turned my lack of interest in talking to him around. We were asked to come to the department for passport photograph.

He saw me typing on my phone, then said how long have u been here, I told him then returned my attention to my phone. Then he said gosh I hate this school. and that caught my interest, and we started talking, from there he mentioned his department, and I got to know without asking. I talked about my lodge, he got to know I stay off campus..... like that we started talking like parrots.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by frankfab(m): 10:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
PrimadonnaO:
It's all too cliché. I'd rather a guy asked more specific relevant questions, then subsequently, he'd naturally find out the rest.

But just coming out to say "tell me about yourself" is quite upsetting. Usually for me, that's the point I stop chatting. What does he want, an essay? What's the point, anyway? There's a higher tendency he'll forget all that has been said.
wisdow is different from understanding
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by frankfab(m): 10:45pm On Oct 12, 2017
CynthiaChi:
Guys, you gotta understand asking girls that question is kinda annoying.... It's not that we can't think up an answer but it's really difficult to answer that.... instead we prefer if you are specific in your questions... E.g, how old are you? What do you do? What are your hobbies?.... Those kinda stuffs are easier to answer, you ask us to tell you about ourselves and we literally blank out cos we are like 'where are we gonna start from?'...... Okay dudes, imagine you and a girl start talking for the first time and she says 'can you tell me about yourself?'... Honestly now, would you be able to answer that easily?
your comment is cryptic and baseless.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Hadeehart101(f): 10:53pm On Oct 12, 2017
I don't even like all these "about me" ish. I think I wrote a lot of descriptive essays on that already. I'd appreciate it if he can just ask questions on areas he's curious about and I'll just reciprocate.
This "tell me about yourself" question just puts me on the spot...
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by DMerciful(m): 10:54pm On Oct 12, 2017
Okpoho....are you from Ika?
IamKashyBaby:

I will give u example since this is very common with Nigerian men I encountered thru text messages..

He will text first "Hi"..
My usual reply is "ALOHA".. grin
Then out of nowhere, he will send another message, "TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF" ..

I be like...WTF!? angry

So, to me its the dead end.. I can't deal such stupid conversation..

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by DMerciful(m): 10:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
It's a simple and straight forward question. If a lady ask me to tell about myself, I can summarize happily in 10mins basically
Safiaa:
So when you ask that question, what specifically do you want to hear? And why cant you just go straight to the point. Funny enough ..i gave my number to a guy yesterday. Very attractive physically, and we started talking. The minute he asked me that question, he just instantly became unattractive to me. I don't know why and Im yet to respond to the message. You guys should do better.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Safiaa(f): 10:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
DMerciful:
It's a simple and straight forward question. If a lady ask me to tell about myself, I can summarize happily in 10mins basically
all i ask is that you be more specific.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Safiaa(f): 11:03pm On Oct 12, 2017
frankfab:

Calm down!
I'm calm. I'm not shouting. What is your problem?
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
Safiaa:
never talking to you again
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Safiaa(f): 11:11pm On Oct 12, 2017
kimbraa:
Now I know why they keep saying Nigerian girls are dumb. No offence intended, but that question shouldn't irk a sane human being.

It's a simply question that requires an answer. You'd pick offence if you don't even know yourself.

Jezz!, I can't believe what I'm reading on this thread.
Nobody is picking offence to the question. The question is simply too broad and triggers an uninteresting conversation. What does being sane have to do with anything? That question doesn't sit well with me, do i now have to question my santity? True conversationalists know what's good. Choose your words wisely.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
Safiaa:
Nobody is picking offence to the question. The question is simply too broad and triggers an uninteresting conversation. What does being sane have to do with anything? That question doesn't sit well with me, do i now have to question my santity? True conversationalists know what's good. Choose your words wisely.
You call yourself a true conversationist? Yet, you find a question that requires broad answers, silly. Indeed, you should question your sanity.

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by teehamzat(m): 11:24pm On Oct 12, 2017
I say it a lot, but most of them reply with, how bou u push questions instead, it is no biggie....i wonder why such question would seem like an interview! Na pride dey worry una...
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by frankfab(m): 11:31pm On Oct 12, 2017
Safiaa:
I have no problem madam but you do.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Safiaa(f): 11:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
kimbraa:
You call yourself a true conversationist? Yet, you find a question that requires broad answers, silly. Indeed, you should question your sanity.
Yes. Not only is it too broad, its vague and boring. A true conversanist understands the importance of interest and detail in a convo. By asking that question, you're putting the conversation at risk, because there's too many directions that it can go from there. Just my opinion, so i definitely do not need to question my sanity. Smh.
Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by teehamzat(m): 11:56pm On Oct 12, 2017
Safiaa:
Yes. Not only is it too broad, its vague and boring. A true conversanist understands the importance of interest and detail in a convo. By asking that question, you're putting the conversation at risk, because there's too many directions that it can go from there. Just my opinion, so i definitely do not need to question my sanity. Smh.
What foolish risk is that? Any reasonable conversationalist would ignite and introduce sparks when he/she notices a boring line..you are no conversationalist, you fail at it, by the way how often do you converse reasonably on this forum!

You for one can only tend to ignore such questions on social networks and that is nothing but pride!, i bet if you could ignore in reality, stop claiming what you are not...if you hate the question fine! But saying it puts a convo at risk is nothing but a rant from a weakling!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by peeberry2(m): 12:14am On Oct 13, 2017
Safiaa:
I just think the question is too broad, bland and boring. 3 b's. It gives me interview vibes where i feel like i need to sell myself to you by force. Its not forcefully done, i should willingly want to tell you about myself. They're so many ways to get to know someone, that once you ask me that question, i'm mentally drawn out of the conversation. Men love the chase, the thrill of getting to know a mysterious lady but i personally feel they should be creative about it. Set yourself apart from all the typical and boring questions that every guy asks, you may be more successful. Just saying
will that make you not to cheat on him??

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" by Safiaa(f): 12:17am On Oct 13, 2017
teehamzat:

What foolish risk is that? Any reasonable conversationalist would ignite and introduce sparks when he/she notices a boring line..you are no conversationalist, you fail at it, by the way how often do you converse reasonably on this forum!

You for one can only tend to ignore such questions on social networks and that is nothing but pride!, i bet if you could ignore in reality, stop claiming what you are not...if you hate the question fine! But saying it puts a convo at risk is nothing but a rant from a weakling!
ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See What The Bride Is Wearing - No Bra (fashion Or Madness??) / Married But In Love With Someone Else / Thread For Beautiful Ladies With Pointed Nose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.