Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,751 members, 7,802,301 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply (18243 Views)

Boko Haram Executes, Amir Baba-kaka ‘Governor Of Lake Chad’ In Power Struggle / Why Aisha Deserves Praise For Buhari University Idea-bmo / Yusuf Buhari In Power Bike Accident, Unconscious, Suffers Head Injury - DAILY NG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by chosengocap: 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2017
midolian:
If no one is giving Kudos to Buhari's Government for the obvious improvement in the supply of power, I am.

For the past 3months or there about, the rate at which we enjoy power supply here in Kwara is unbelievable. These days I dont iron until its time to go out, charge my phone until its 5% or below and its all because I am used to this development.

Or am I the only one?

Lalasticlala, pls lets have people's view on this

Op don't disturb us with trash. Epileptic power supplies in Imo and Abia
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by Ochibavictor(m): 7:24pm On Oct 12, 2017
[quote author=OZAOEKPE post=61359171]
Never a bad person bro, this country tire me i they reason Canada.

That bone on the throne no gree die[/quote

bros,abeg,you get beta package n how I fit entre Canada? no mago-mago ooo.abeg pm me,if u don get beta connect biko
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by tsdarkside(m): 7:24pm On Oct 12, 2017
midolian:
you can see your yansh has just been exposed. You put it as if the entire lagos was suffering from epileptic power supply.

Young man, go and pay your bills so you can enjoy power supply like others grin

na so dem be...they want light for free..they think its their right...

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by tsdarkside(m): 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2017
chosengocap:

Op don't disturb us with trash. Epileptic power supplies in Imo and Abia

did you pay your last bill??...
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by evansjeff(m): 7:27pm On Oct 12, 2017
Pchidexy:
Pls when we talk about NigerDelta, Benin does not come to mind. It is like a a guy in Owerri or Umuahia shouting on Nigerdelta issue. So, shut it!
such a shame, just shut up already and stop disgracing your family here. I envisaged this was what you were going to say, now here is one of those ma.d people who feels the word Niger delta means, impoverished creeks and the PDP controlled state. I only pity your parents for the money wasted in trying to Educate you.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by tsdarkside(m): 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2017
you have no right to have power if you dont pay your bills....no where in the world is electricity free.....

i remember when i was in germany i paid 40euros montly...thats like n16k every month...but i had many electronics that were running constantly...
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by Ajibel(m): 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2017
Sammiejokes:

I dare you to tell us where you stay in Lagos and I will be to here burst ur lies. U are either staying in suburb of Lagos or una no get transformer. It is very obvious there are some with born hatred for this administration even when you see glaring results.

Easy tiger. Check my next comment on this thread. We are not quarrelling sir.
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by blackfase(m): 7:29pm On Oct 12, 2017
That you enjoying relative improved supply don't mean it's widespread, so quit giving out praises to ineptitude. It only counts if majority enjoys same which ain't d reality as it is.

As for your personal situation and fortunes, just count your blessings!
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by slowice(m): 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2017
Nigerians sef.... tinkini light wey you see for more hours than before which is not even due to any tangible increase in megawatts and you re shouting buhari... Can we say same for the whole of kwarra state.... Yeye dey smell. embarassed
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by Ochibavictor(m): 7:32pm On Oct 12, 2017
Sammiejokes:

I challenge this pathetic liar where u dey stay for Lagos? I stay in Ketu alapere, I work on the island, my company hardly use the diesel gen, I use the light through the night at home, same with colleagues living all over Lagos, so my liar tell us ur area.

I live at iyana oworo,and NEPA na joke,stop all this nonsense abeg
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by Habeyy(m): 7:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
midolian:
I forgot there was no rainy season during Jonathan's regime. Sorry bro

You have just admitted it. Power supply has improved, big time. Thanks
get your fact well broda
all through rainy season if you live in naija then you will no say power is always readily available
So don't just associate this to a particular government
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by Patokeikem: 7:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hmmmmmm
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by monlawal(m): 7:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
In Yola we enjoy 24hours power supply.... I am saying this without mincing words
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by Habeyy(m): 7:42pm On Oct 12, 2017
aribisala0:
I do not believe that the electricity has improved anyway butif it has let your statement be evidence based.

Do you have facts and figures for how many MegaWatts on the national grid are from Hydroelectric sources even when that is at full capacity? It is not that much K

Kanji for example is 760MW at 100% capacity compared to Egbin 1320MW
when has egbin plant operated at full capacity
That hydro is one of if not the only base that operate at full capacity
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by Greenthumb(m): 7:42pm On Oct 12, 2017
Ratello:

Why not change your topic and limit it to ilorin

He hasn't lied. I stay in Lagos and the last petrol I bought last two weeks was 1500, it was in the jerican up until yesterday when iI got back from work and there was no night. Immediately I poured it in the gen and put it on, power was restored and I haven't used it again till now.

So in essence, power has improved and I refuse to subscribe to that bullsh!t assertion of 'it's becos this is rainy season'. We've all been in this country in the past when during rainy seasons, power supply will still be abysmally poor. I've made mad savings in the past 3 months in petrol purchase for the gen. The bills I'm given is even estimated cos I don't have a prepaid meter, but I complain less becos at least I enjoy the light. Unlike in the past where I pay for what I didn't consume.

It can only get better!
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by Imoemi(m): 7:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
midolian:
If no one is giving Kudos to Buhari's Government for the obvious improvement in the supply of power, I am.

For the past 3months or there about, the rate at which we enjoy power supply here in Kwara is unbelievable. These days I dont iron until its time to go out, charge my phone until its 5% or below and its all because I am used to this development.

Or am I the only one?

i get light just 6 hours in Ipaja, lagos. Light is not any better
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by israelmao(m): 7:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
[quote author=Elose11 post=61356679]In my part of Nigeria, Gwagwalada, light is usually 4 hrs, and only at night. If you are enjoying light in Kwara, thank God and enjoy it while it lasts. You are a microscopic few my friend.[/quote

How industries in Kwara and what its population put together compare to densely populated states with many industries where power consumption rate is high?
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by Pchidexy(m): 7:46pm On Oct 12, 2017
evansjeff:
such a shame, just shut up already and stop disgracing your family here. I envisaged this was what you were going to say, now here is one of those ma.d people who feels the word Niger delta means, impoverished creeks and the PDP controlled state. I only pity your parents for the money wasted in trying to Educate you.
I know you lack comprehension. It is not my fault though. Nigerdelta consists of nine states we know. However, the real Delta of the River Niger consists of Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa. I don't expect you to know this. You don't actually know what a Delta is. You are only conversant with the political Nigerdelta in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by Kiakia(m): 7:51pm On Oct 12, 2017
midolian:
Hmmm, its not impossible.

I wasnt serious about the last mention..buh very serious about the improvement un power supply here. I am no kid..hav seen many administrations and can judge by them that this is far better.
Far better as in the supposed improvement in power supply? Maybe you have forgotten, but the current Minister of Power boasted during the Jonathan years that supplying electricity to Nigerians on 24 hour basis ain't no rocket science. Now, he has been saddled with the responsibility to make good his boast and all we see is darkness everywhere. Did you say improved? Really?
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by ibietela2(m): 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2017
since morning na now i dey get light
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by jashar(f): 7:54pm On Oct 12, 2017
Light fire...

No make me and my Mowe people come after you too...

Iranu oshi... angry angry angry

IBEDC is useless. They should be thrown away into ....
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by ndcide(m): 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2017
As I type, any light you see in Ajah and environs is generator. What is the @op saying.
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by Kiakia(m): 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
delugajackson:
Speak for yourself, bro. Because you've had it good doesn't mean others are doing the same.

Kwara is not the only state in Nigeria, so I don't see why you should give him an overall performance in the power sector.
Even in the so called Kwara, power supply may not be as wide spread as he is making Nigerians believe. Probably only a section or particular area of Kwara enjoy this 'uninterrupted' power supply.
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by SonofDevil: 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Op God Punish you for your lies ..I swear I have never had power this bad in Nigeria so y'all are lying ..Electricity is worse off now ..ask anybody in Lagos
my friend speak for your street and stop lumping the whole lagos together like your spirit exist all over.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by Kiakia(m): 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
Kiakia:
Even in the so called Kwara, power supply may not be as wide spread as he is making Nigerians to believe. Probably only a section or particular area of Kwara enjoy this 'uninterrupted' power supply.
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by israelmao(m): 7:58pm On Oct 12, 2017
midolian:

Or am I the only one?

Why is it that some people base their judgement on improvement of power where they stay and assume that it is the same across Nigeria?Oh I forgot that electioneering campaign has been set in motion!
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by aribisala0(m): 7:58pm On Oct 12, 2017
Habeyy:
when has egbin plant operated at full capacity
That hydro is one of if not the only base that operate at full capacity
not true firstly it does not have all turbines installed never has and it is not technically possible for any plant especially hydroelectric to sustain full capacity. No need to talk about what you are clueless just to score points Egbin remains the number one plant in Nigeria
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by pasol4real(m): 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
midolian:
you can see your yansh has just been exposed. You put it as if the entire lagos was suffering from epileptic power supply.

Young man, go and pay your bills so you can enjoy power supply like others grin
Oga pls Lagos is in darkness
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by aragonchuks(m): 8:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
Op just showing off his new curtain
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by naptu2: 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
The rise and fall.

4:10am On Jan 21, 2008

Yar'adua Promised To Declare A State Of Emmergency In The Power Sector.
https://www.nairaland.com/107052/yaradua-promised-declare-state-emmergency

8:52am On Jun 01, 2010

Breaking News - Lagos,abuja To Enjoy 16-24hrs Of Power Supply - Committee On Power
https://www.nairaland.com/455040/breaking-news-lagosabuja-enjoy-16-24hrs

10:46pm On Nov 18, 2010

Mumu Nigerians - Power Generation: Jonathan Projects 20,000mw By 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/553359/mumu-nigerians-power-generation-jonathan

11:36pm On Aug 25, 2011

Nigeria's Power Supply Has Dropped By 1,000MW
https://www.nairaland.com/744776/nigerias-power-supply-dropped-1000mw

7:17am On Feb 13, 2012

Power Supply Drops To 3,900mw
https://www.nairaland.com/869706/power-supply-drops-3900mw

9:31am On Jul 30, 2012

Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving
https://www.nairaland.com/1004060/something-wrong-power-improving

9:13pm On Sep 13, 2013

Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply
https://www.nairaland.com/1438317/lagosians-commend-phcn-improved-power

3:45pm On Mar 21, 2013

4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ?
https://www.nairaland.com/1232672/4500mw-nairalanders-how-power-supply

11:31am On Aug 30, 2014

Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather
https://www.nairaland.com/1879989/opinion-increased-power-supply-pipeline

6:33am on Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism
https://www.nairaland.com/1959085/power-generation-drops-1000mw-due

4:49am On Dec 15, 2014

Power Generation Drops From 3,271.21MW To 3,018.52MW As At Dec. 11 - FG
https://www.nairaland.com/2044894/president-jonathan-should-impeach-power

10:37am On Sep 24,2015

Explained: How Buhari Miraculously Improved The Power In Nigeria Overnight 
https://www.nairaland.com/2621456/explained-how-buhari-miraculously-improved

9:35pm On Mar 08, 2016

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area?
https://www.nairaland.com/2978892/whats-present-situation-electricity-area

And now.

Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply
https://www.nairaland.com/4112968/buharis-government-deserves-praise-improvement
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by Habeyy(m): 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
aribisala0:
not true firstly it does not have all turbines installed never has and it is not technically possible for any plant especially hydroelectric to sustain full capacity. No need to talk about what you are clueless just to score points Egbin remains the number one plant in Nigeria
k broda
Thanks for your vital point
Re: Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply by Lush100(m): 8:21pm On Oct 12, 2017
Viking007:
Well, here in Abuja, wuse zone 5 to be precise-- the only time we have any power outage is when it's bout to rain heavily, apart from that we've been enjoying 247 power supply.

used to live @ wise zone 5,
no longer though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister / Lagos State Environmentalist Complains About Quilox Again / Court Refuses To Stop Jonathan’s Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.