Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. (4970 Views)

The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma / Do Nonvirgin Men Have The Moral Right To Condemn Nonvirgin Women? / Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 14, 2017
vaxx:
it seems you want to hear from me...I gave u a free chance to close the chapter but you are not interested.... My mentality is stable enough, so I don't do E war...it is childish

Your response point out three intense character of you........any stable mind should stay away from you...what are the negative character?

You are arrogant and full of yourself

Your purpose here is to win a debate

You level of mind maturity still need enough time to developed...

Before I continue ...close the chapter... I will not insult you but I will make you feel dishonoured......... I warn you

It's interesting how you are now playing the victim. I guess you didn't realize the consequence of lying about someone's writing. You asserted that my writing was copied - a deliberate lie to smear me and win a point for your landlord friend. Now that I have bore witness to your shameful act, I have every right to speak to you in whichever way I want, especially if what I am saying about you is the obvious truth.

How dare you talk about maturity? Is it mature to dishonestly smear someone publicly? Is it mature to lie that my post was copied when you knew it wasn't?
Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by dalaman: 1:24am On Oct 14, 2017
What's going on here? Vaxx are you accusing him falsely?
Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by butterflyl1on: 1:25am On Oct 14, 2017
THT80:

It's interesting how you are now playing the victim. I guess you didn't realize the consequence of lying about someone's writing. You asserted that my writing was copied - a deliberate lie to smear me and win a point for your landlord friend. Now that I have bore witness to your shameful act, I have every right to speak to you in whichever way I want, especially if what I am saying about you is the obvious truth.

How dare you talk about maturity? Is it mature to dishonestly smear someone publicly? Is it mature to lie that my post was copied when you knew it wasn't?

Obviously nobody bothered to actually check if your post was copied or not. They simply believed a comment made.

And hopefullandlord echoed that comment and received likes for it also without those who liked his comment also checking to see if it was true.

It's obvious it was all for the sake of cheap points. Not from Vaxx though as he was simply an observer but from the one you were originally debating.
Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by hopefulLandlord: 1:28am On Oct 14, 2017
why am I still being mentioned on this thread? pls nobody should mention me here

and if the likes and shares on my post bothers someone, that someone can just log in with his 3 extra monickers to like and share his post as he's been doing

2 Likes

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by vaxx: 1:31am On Oct 14, 2017
THT80:

Am not gonna give you a trial... Arguing with you is like yelling at a wall. It will get me no where.

Mr man last warning,.. It is enough... Close it and have a good night rest....

1 Like

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by dalaman: 1:36am On Oct 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
why am I still being mentioned on this thread? pls nobody should mention me here

and if the likes and shares on my post bothers someone, that someone can just log in with his 3 extra monickers to like and share his post as he's been doing

grin grin grin
Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by vaxx: 1:38am On Oct 14, 2017
dalaman:
What's going on here? Vaxx are you accusing him falsely?
no bro, am only letting him know that , the op he posted has a source...and he denied it....deep within him , he knows am correct...

No knowledge is independent... Every information you have is from somewhere... And that is my argument...

Ask him... Is he an authority?

3 Likes

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by butterflyl1on: 1:41am On Oct 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Ramblings of a man child. Go through my posts and borrow some likes from them. I have over 600 likes from just 2 comments alone. Maybe I should log in with my other 600 extra monikers and like my own comments.

When dunces speak they actually think they are making sense.
Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by Nobody: 1:42am On Oct 14, 2017
vaxx:

Am not gonna give you a trial... Arguing with you is like yelling at a wall. It will get me no where.

Mr man last warning,.. It is enough... Close it and have a good night rest....

No one warns me. You either stop quoting me to save the last sliver of dignity you have left, or you invite more schooling of your silly ass.
Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by dalaman: 1:42am On Oct 14, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Ramblings of a man child. Go through my posts and borrow some likes from them. I have over 600 likes from just 2 comments alone. Maybe I should log in with my other 600 extra monikers and like my own comments.

When dunces speak they actually think they are making sense.

But you've been caught liking and sharing your comments na. grin

3 Likes

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by butterflyl1on: 1:44am On Oct 14, 2017
dalaman:

But you've been caught liking and sharing your comments na. grin

Really? Butterflyl1on liking butterflylion is now 3 other monikers? undecided
Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by dalaman: 1:46am On Oct 14, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Really? Butterflyl1on liking butterflylion is now 3 other monikers? undecided

I don't care if it's 1,2 or 3. But seriously who likes and shares his/her comment here? grin

1 Like

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by butterflyl1on: 1:47am On Oct 14, 2017
dalaman:

I don't care if it's 1,2 or 3. But seriously who likes and shares his/her comment here? grin

Who doesn't? The people who follow butterflylion are not same as those who follow butterflyl1on are they?
Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by vaxx: 1:51am On Oct 14, 2017
THT80:

No one warns me. You either stop quoting me to save the last sliver of dignity you have left, or you invite more schooling of your silly ass.
it’s pointless getting angry with you because your anti-social element as a person said something mean to me on nairaland. My mind is stable..

The door of warning is close. Anything you hear from me now is justify

1 Like

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by dalaman: 6:02am On Oct 14, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Who doesn't? The people who follow butterflylion are not same as those who follow butterflyl1on are they?

You've started again. Remember when you were caught liking and sharing the post you were reminded by Jonny that buterflyl1on was just created newly and doesn't have any followers. The moniker still isn't following anybody from its profile while butterflylion is following only 4 people.

Who are those butterflyl1is following?

2 Likes

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by butterflyl1on: 6:17am On Oct 14, 2017
dalaman:

You've started again. Remember when you were caught liking and sharing the post you were reminded by Jonny that buterflyl1on was just created newly and doesn't have any followers. The moniker still isn't following anybody from its profile while butterflylion is following only 4 people.

Who are those butterflyl1is following?

Butterflylion has 7 followers but I am only following back 4 people

6 people are following butterflyl1on but I am not following them back. Until I click "follow back" before they would show on my profile
Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by purem(m): 7:41am On Oct 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Buh you've been roaming the threads na

Going by the threads seeing your comments like kilode sad

1 Like

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by hopefulLandlord: 7:43am On Oct 14, 2017
purem:

Buh you've been roaming the threads na

Going by the threads seeing your comments like kilode sad

yeah but I'm no longer interested in this thread, the person that mentioned me knows that
Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 14, 2017
THT80:

You seem to have a problem with verbal comprehension. Did you skip your comprehension classes in high school?

Tell me a religion that doesn't have it's core moral values predicated on avoiding sin, bearing in mind that the concept of sin is tailored around the question of how to treat others and how to live righteously?

What answer does atheism provide on the question of how to treat others? On what foundation does atheism base it's moral values on?
Stupid, arrogant, irritating Christard goat!

I'll repeat myself. Your religion has NOTHING to do with Morality. It's all about terror, OBEDIENCE, and mind-control.

Your God who is your brother-in-arms in the heavenly legion of stupidity that has been firing cannons of imbecility on our planet, ordered people to kill, rape and harm others WHENEVER IT SUITED HIM. So, I'll ask you directly, would you kill a human being if God ordered you to? Whatever your answer might be, it proves that your religion has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with morality.

There's no such thing as objective morality. Everything about humanity evolves. Nothing is cast in stone. Our ideas and values change, unlike your useless religions and pointless holy books.
Tozara

4 Likes

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 14, 2017
THT80:

I don't give a damn whether butteflylion has been caught plagiarizing before. I don't even know who that is. What I am concerned about however, is the fact that I was engaging in an argument with someone who was borrowing his responses, verbatim, from foreign forums, and as a result of this I have decided to abandon this argument, because I can't afford to waste my time replying empty skulls who can't think for themselves and formulate their own ideas.
Says the empty idiot who can't formulate his own values and moral philosophy, but had to be controlled from beyond the grave by stvpid Jews who died millenia ago. You are imbecility personified.

You've been shown the pointlessness of your thread and are clinging onto a phantasm as excuse for tapping out. Typical Christard. Do you mind showing me how many of his posts were borrowed? grin

5 Likes

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 14, 2017
dalaman:

Is this your stupid and lame attempt at saving face?

You can't be his excuse and you can't indoctrinate him in any way. No body will ever say that. It remains your own making.

The point is that a plagiarist like you has no right to point fingers at another for doing that which you have been caught doing.

That bastard is a hypocrite. The most disgusting Christard on nairaland. He's a clown that shouldn't be taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by Ranchhoddas: 8:58am On Oct 14, 2017
"Do to others as you want them to do to you".

This is a thought that I believe has held firm in the hearts of men from time immemorial. Even before Confucius and Jesus Christ uttered them.
I believe it is written in our hearts, imprinted on our conscience and as such we always know the right things to do.

There is always that still small voice nudging each and every one of us in the right direction always. This voice is independent of belief or religion.
It will never interfere with our freewill though so what you do whether good or bad is ultimately your responsibility.
External factors and the cares of the world often often cause us to ignore this voice and by my reckoning, the more you ignore, the quieter it becomes but it will always be there.

My point: We always know what is good or bad regardless of our beliefs or lack of.
This explains why we have good Christians, Muslims, atheists and bad ones as well, with an almost even distribution across the board.

So is belief in God or religion necessary for morality?

Absolute NO.

4 Likes

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 14, 2017
THT80:

Desist from quoting me, please. Having an exchange with someone like you is an insult to my intelligence.

I wonder why this forum doesn't have a block option. I would have just blocked you. If you quote me again I'll just ignore.
shocked Intelligent Christard? There could be no greater OXYMORON. grin

1 Like

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by purem(m): 9:03am On Oct 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

yeah but I'm no longer interested in this thread, the person that mentioned me knows that

Buh it seems like theist are not taking it easy on u people o by opening thread to attack.......

By the way where is johnnydon22 self
Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

butterflyl1on, do you understand?

*In Don Jazzy's voice* If you want the LIKES & SHARES, come and take them. grin

1 Like

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 14, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Says the empty idiot who can't formulate his own values and moral philosophy, but had to be controlled from beyond the grave by stvpid Jews who died millenia ago. You are imbecility personified.

You've been shown the pointlessness of your thread and are clinging onto a phantasm as excuse for tapping out. Typical Christard. Do you mind showing me how many of his posts were borrowed? grin

If you can point out to me where I stated that I am a christian then I'll consider giving you my attention.

1 Like

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by NairalandSARS: 11:28am On Oct 14, 2017
THT80:

You should appreciate it. Going by my estimation of your level of intelligence, the gap between yours and mine is wide enough for you to adore me and show gratitude anytime I give you attention.

And please re-read the post you just quoted. I elaborated further for the sake of emphasis.

What's your intelligence level?

1 Like

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by GoodMuyis(m): 11:44am On Oct 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
which atheists online?

That is what greater IQ is all about plagiarism w/o reference.

They do this a lot, when you confront them with your own head reasoning
Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by budaatum: 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
THT80:

Is this really all you can muster as a response to my argument? Really?

First, it's really silly of you to authoritatively assert that atheists are better behaved than Christians because you don't have any analytical or statistical evidence whatsoever.
I do beg your pardon, but you set the standard by stating "The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous". There was no "analytical or statistical evidence" in what followed!

Can't help thinking perhaps the following is closer to describing you op.

THT80:

Again you are displaying a staggering degree of naivety and an extremely disappointing inability to argue sensibly and coherently.
Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by budaatum: 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2017
THT80:

What answer does atheism provide on the question of how to treat others? On what foundation does atheism base it's moral values on?
Not that I'm arguing that atheism teaches morality, but imagine the home of an atheist family, mum, dad, two brothers, two sisters, a dog, a cat and a budgie. They live in the village called Atheville

Mum and dad live together, had sex to give birth to these children. They both work for an employer to earn money to pay rent and feed their family. The brothers and sisters live in the house eat parents food and care for the dog, cat and budgie. Sometimes they visit their grandparents.

Now, please, if you would, describe how this family would treat each other.

3 Likes

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by menxer: 8:02am On Oct 15, 2017
THT80:

You should appreciate it. Going by my estimation of your level of intelligence, the gap between yours and mine is wide enough for you to adore me and show gratitude anytime I give you attention.

And please re-read the post you just quoted. I elaborated further for the sake of emphasis.
Like seriously?

And you couldn't muster an iota of intelligence to answer any of my questions?
...says a lot about your level of intelligence worth adoring.

Is it not hypocritical for you to say, "Let me bring the question home because it seems you have a penchant for conveniently ignoring questions you have no compelling response to?"

Abeg, Leave story for tortoise.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Occult! Occult!! Occult!!! Call +2348025953593 To Join Secret Society For Money / Islam’s Proof That Jesus Did Not Die On The Cross ? / The Fallacy about Speaking In Tongues And The Modern Day Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.