Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,508 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:50 PM

The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. (4928 Views)

The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma / Do Nonvirgin Men Have The Moral Right To Condemn Nonvirgin Women? / Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by vaxx: 8:28am On Oct 15, 2017
THT80:

You should appreciate it. Going by my estimation of your level of intelligence, the gap between yours and mine is wide enough for you to adore me and show gratitude anytime I give you attention.

And please re-read the post you just quoted. I elaborated further for the sake of emphasis.
am sure , you regret creating this thread, your so called intelligence was put to shame....

If believers are like you, no single atheist will convert..

Your intelligence is terrible... I will advice you to go for DNA-G2 test....

It may resharpened the better side of you , if there is any,,,

4 Likes

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by shukuokukobambi: 9:22am On Oct 15, 2017
selflessmaya:

an atheist is a person who does not believe in a god. every human being is born atheist till they're initiated into a religion. human beings are born with a conscience and empathy. how an individual regulates themselves varies. like i know for a fact the bible says no sex before marriage but more than 90% of bible-readers have sex before marriage. this is proof of the fact that the human body has wired certain emotion and no book/religion can alter nature's design of humans. the same bible also says dont murder but ppl dont murder as much as they have sex, NOT because the bible said so but because the human brain can grasp magnitude of offence & consequence. take a child for example, even dogs, when they do the wrong thing, they immediately know that they fu<ked up.

whether u believe it or not, the average atheist is usually more conscious than those who feel forced to be good cos they fear god. because atheism is our original state, most atheists go on a journey of self-discovery, u will not find any atheist that walked out of religion that has not come to higher consciousness and a certain self-awareness. meanwhile, if u were not raised by christians, u wouldn't be christian, if u weren't raised by muslims, u wouldnt be muslim. so, religion is irrelevant. human beings know what is wrong or right. any human who cannot process emotion or feel empathy is a PSYCHOPATH, it's a state of not being able to access conscience and grasp consequence.

humans lie everyday even though the bible is against it, humans have sex, drink, enjoy "worldly" pleasures. if the bible says thou shall not eat sh!t, that would not be the reason ppl are not eating sh!t, it's an internal clock, that regulates what we feel is ok and what isnt. for fairness, humans created a legal system to help create law & order. that is why even though religion and constitution does not mix, u will find that the law follows common sense NOT the bible. a terrible person will do terrible things, there are millions of religious murderers, terrorist, child predators, etc. religion did not stop them. all the "self-control" or "morals" u think come with religion actually come with the self-will of those in question. there are parts of the bible that support slavery and inhumane treatment and once you bring it up, most christians dismiss it cos it's the old testament. if religion was what gave us morals, no part of a holy book would be dismissed. but this serves as proof that everyone without being told, knows what feels wrong and ppl cherry-pick the bible because they know what their conscience will allow.

makes a whole lot of sense. Thumbs up to this guy

2 Likes

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by shukuokukobambi: 10:05am On Oct 15, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
"Do to others as you want them to do to you".

This is a thought that I believe has held firm in the hearts of men from time immemorial. Even before Confucius and Jesus Christ uttered them.
I believe it is written in our hearts, imprinted on our conscience and as such we always know the right things to do.

There is always that still small voice nudging each and every one of us in the right direction always. This voice is independent of belief or religion.
It will never interfere with our freewill though so what you do whether good or bad is ultimately your responsibility.
External factors and the cares of the world often often cause us to ignore this voice and by my reckoning, the more you ignore, the quieter it becomes but it will always be there.

My point: We always know what is good or bad regardless of our beliefs or lack of.
This explains why we have good Christians, Muslims, atheists and bad ones as well, with an almost even distribution across the board.

So is belief in God or religion necessary for morality?

Absolute NO.

Very true too

2 Likes

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by Jesuschrist419: 9:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
JackBizzle:
grin

Yet atheist tend to be better behaved than most christians.

On nairaland alone, can we even name one agheist that is a scammer? But we have caught so many christian frauds

it's the Christian culture to defraud people. Imagine all the countless 419 churches in Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by Jesuschrist419: 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2017
vaxx:
am sure , you regret creating this thread, your so called intelligence was put to shame....

If believers are like you, no single atheist will convert..

Your intelligence is terrible... I will advice you to go for DNA-G2 test....

It may resharpened the better side of you , if there is any,,,
imagine theists are arguing with each other grin
Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 17, 2017
Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by NPComplete: 7:20am On Oct 17, 2017
I am guessing this is the thread where THT80 was mauled that he decided to open another thread to cry about people copying and pasting arguments. Little wonder. I can now see why.

The guy couldn't even articulate his arguments well and, even on the first page, his petulance began to show increasingly when he was being pummeled on all sides and the argument wasn't going the way he wanted. He quickly seized upon the perceived copying, which was not even directed at him, as an excuse to abandon the debate. Lol

Cry baby.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 17, 2017
NPComplete:
I am guessing this is the thread where THT80 was mauled that he decided to open another thread to cry about people copying and pasting arguments. Little wonder. I can now see why.

The guy couldn't even articulate his arguments well and, even on the first page, his petulance began to show increasingly when he was being pummeled on all sides and the argument wasn't going the way he wanted. He quickly seized upon the perceived copying, which was not even directed at him, as an excuse to abandon the debate. Lol

Cry baby.
He's a hopeless dolt. He goes about all sections creating pointless threads, devoid of reason and common sense, and when others point out his stupidity he starts bragging about his superior "intelligence", how they're pebbles to him, and why they're not "worth his time". He's a big fool. His superiority complex is probably hereditary. Only people from the lineage of chimpanzees beat their chests with such frequency and intensity.

He's suffering from a perculiar version of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

1 Like

Re: The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. by NPComplete: 7:47am On Oct 17, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
He's a hopeless dolt. He goes about all sections creating pointless threads, devoid of reason and common sense, and when others point out his stupidity he starts bragging about his superior "intelligence", how they're pebbles to him, and why they're not "worth his time". He's a big fool. His superiority complex is probably hereditary. Only people from the lineage of chimpanzees beat their chests with such frequency and intensity.

He's suffering from a perculiar version of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

I actually just checked his profile after I saw this your comment and I quickly realised you are right. The clown is barely even a week on Nairaland and all his topics are full of condescension and vainglory. This is one conceited asshole.

I bet he is only here to jerk his nuts off. Nairaland is an escape from his reality and he was hoping to muscle himself into becoming some sort of alpha male here and regain some of the self worth he has lost in reality. Alas, he has met more than his match. People have been given it to him hot on all threads. LMAO

What a douche.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does The Bible Give Clues To How Old The Earth Is? / Urgent Need Of Christian Bookshops / Two Wrestlers Collided In The Synagogue Church .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.