Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Zenith Bank's Employment - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zenith Bank's Employment (15651 Views)

Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA / Zenith Bank Sacks Marketers & Managers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zenith Bank's Employment by anonyno: 1:18am On Mar 11, 2010
Yes, it's the worst bank (welfare wise) in nigeria. Just how will a graduate be engaged by zenith only to spend 2 full years as a trainee(cost cutting tag),collecting a paltry N85,000 with no other allowances like xmas, p.s,medicals. strictly 85000 but meanwhile he/she does the same work load as others, closing atimes by 8-9 pm,exposed to the same risk level-count it,having to wear suits and all.  I mean its just fraudulent.

my employment letter said for me to be trainee for 1yr but its my 25th month. In fact, my trainee allowance was recently salarized by deducting tax,so now its n83000.  85k only for 2 yrs is like doing youth service for them that long.

Sincerely, their salary ain't bad as their 'immediate executive assistant earn 145k plus leave allowance, Xmas, p.s amounting to over 2.6 m per annum, 550k upfront which makes the salary drop to 99k.  My grouse is why in the name of cutting cost will you employ full graduate only to pay them OND salaries but use their graduate brains.  This is pure exploitation.

Last month they managed to pay upfront i.e. prepaid housing allowance for  trainees got 75k.  Laughable ba?  Where do you rent a decent self contained house for 75k in Lagos not to talk about remote Abuja.  Maybe for a start though but not after 2 years of service as a professional staff, just how can your prepaid housing allowance be less than your monthly pay?

Some of us are first class graduates, 2.1 etc, just wasting away nothing meanwhile another with same degree, same experience, same target, same work does not just earn double what you earn but about 7-8 times. This is victimisation.

What are our labour unions doing? The regulator? CBN?  Ministry of labour? Just what are they doing.  The funny thing is that it's difficult to leave as there is no financial security.  Someone should calculate for me.  We young vulnerable graduates are taken advantage of.  Why the illogical discrimination? If for recession, why not slash salaries/allowances across boards instead of taking it out on this full time working 'trainees'. 

Two years working around money but you find it difficult to pay ordinary rent.  Jim Ovia should be prosecuted.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by MrCrackles(m): 1:20am On Mar 11, 2010
Ok. . .
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by anonyno: 1:35am On Mar 11, 2010
we suffer ulcers from prolonged working without eating,our gilfriends have deserted us,our families have rejected us(offcourse how can they xplain to thier friends that thier son s/daughters refuses to send money homeafter working for 2yrs in a new generation bank like zenith.we cannot even add value to ourselves.can we afford it/do we have time?at that pay u'll have to work 4 3 yrs to save maybe 300k to just leave.we are cruised about in i.vtechs our 2yrs renumeration cannot buy,are told to wear smilling faces when serving customers-how annoying.slavery.meanwhile wen other stafffers smile wen salaries are pd,we cry.yet we do more
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by Finecat(m): 6:09am On Mar 11, 2010
pele o. but dont u think you should be thanking your stars that you still have a job? I know thousands of former intercontinental bank staff that were sacked in December and last week that would give an arm and a leg for 85,000. Keep the job while you work on moving to a better position. By the way, most bankers in Nigeria are not making what they used to make, they are just noise makers.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by Arysexy(m): 8:56am On Mar 11, 2010
My Brother, u are better of, i am an ex intercontinental bank staff, in the name of cutting down cost my set in the training school was degraded to executive trainee 2 from the normal executive trainee, my salary was 55k and upfront of 150k, whereas fellow ETs earn double my salary and we have the same target, etc. Not minding that, the event of December 2009 also swept me out of the bank after just one year with the bank.

So thank your star u are still earning salary, i dont think i can still work in any bank again, just managing what i was able to save plus the 100k ridiculous pay i got from them, life continues.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by aieromon(m): 9:14am On Mar 11, 2010
@OP
Please,don't complain undecided
My sister,a chartered accountant served with the bank 2008-2009 with a corper allowance of N35,000.After four months of completing her NYSC,the same m0r0ns called her to resume work as a full staff.
Funny thing was that they converted the corper allowance into her salary,nothing added.To add insult to injury,the branch they posted her to will swallow her salary as transportation costs in three weeks.My sister walked away from the crap,you can too.
Always remember that someone out there is having it worse than you.
**If you don't like the renumeration,QUIT AND STOP COMPLAINING,DAMMIT**
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by iprecious: 9:49am On Mar 11, 2010
Sorry, but take heart things will get better after the sansusi evil wind smiley
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by condomized: 10:10am On Mar 11, 2010
A cONTRACT IS ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO BE A CONTRACT. I CAN CALL THIS 'CHEATING!!! LOOKING FOR CHEAP LABOUR. CORPORATE SLAVERY, AND HUMAN EXPLOITATION.
GOD WILL JUDGE!!!. TAKE HEART BRO, grin
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by Eggyloo: 10:56am On Mar 11, 2010
@ Aieromon: So so true about the salary for youth corpers that served with Zenith.

@ poster: U have no reason to complain. They paid corpers that served with them =N=35,000 after their youth service. With the so called small salary u earn, have u tried to upgrade urself in professional certifications?

U can always walk away. Ur post as ET is not a do-or-die affair. Try and see the bigger picture. Where do u see urself in the next 5yrs? Do u see urself earning just a fat salary package or doing an activity or job that gives u ur desired satisfaction.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by ziondougta(f): 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2010
YOU ALL CAN NOT COMPARE INTERCONTINENTAL TO ZENITH.
ZENITH IS PURE SLAVERY, lipsrsealed
I WAS ASKED TOLEAVE INTERCONTINENTALLAST YEAR AFTER 18MONTHS AS ET2, undecided
D GOOD THING IS DAT I GOT 100K AS MY TERMINAL BENEFET BUT YSTDAY I WAS CREDITED 500K
AS ENHANCED EX GRATIA. grin

ZENITH WOULD HAVE UR HEAD FOR DAT,SO AM BETTER OFF GUYZ AT HOME THAN 85K SLAVE TRADE.
IF ITS GOVERNMENT JOB,ITS BETTER ATLEAST NO BE FIGHT SAY U MUST WEAR SUIT OF SMILE WHILE SUFFERING.

MY OPINION THOUGH grin
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by switch360(f): 4:27pm On Mar 11, 2010
Does any body know what the salary structure is at DIAMOND BANK (both) as a trainee till you become permanent and salary increase?
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by TOREG: 5:03pm On Mar 11, 2010
Be it Zenith or Intercontinental bank, It's like slavery for those guys employer in the last two years. Their pay was reduced all in the name of cost cutting. they were made to bear the burden of the bank. Imagine Intercontinental bank creating a lower grade ET2 earning half what their mate who wrote same entrance test but called earlier for training and made ETs. I see it as a blessing I left Intercontinental bank this December after spending one year and some months as an ET2 without been able to save the 700,000 I got as extratia. If not for NLC and other unions that insisted the lean N170,000 paid be enhanced, I wonder the level of man's injustice to his fellow. It is the country we find ourselves. My advice to all in the system is to still give your best cos finally, u 've got to cherish what u ve and also God is still in charge.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 11, 2010
been there, done that; so i feel you guys big time! but life doesn't start and end with Inter/Zenith, this too shall pass away. elevate your minds.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by Seun(m): 11:51am On Mar 12, 2010
So they should fire you and hire a student to do the student's work you're doing?  tongue
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by dove24u(m): 1:13pm On Mar 12, 2010
Be thankful in every situation, complain doesn't solve problem. grin grin grin
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by busybody20: 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2010
Some people dont often value what they have until they lose it!

Poster, I understand you but be appreciative some people dont have a job, be glad you have one

Cheers
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by otukpo(f): 2:08pm On Mar 12, 2010
thank ur stars u still have where to go every morning and get 85k at month end.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by enomakos(m): 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2010
lol
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by Tcrack(m): 2:17pm On Mar 12, 2010
Arysexy:

My Brother, u are better of, i am an ex intercontinental bank staff, in the name of cutting down cost my set in the training school was degraded to executive trainee 2 from the normal executive trainee, my salary was 55k and upfront of 150k, whereas fellow ETs earn double my salary and we have the same target, etc. Not minding that, the event of December 2009 also swept me out of the bank after just one year with the bank.

So thank your star u are still earning salary, i dont think i can still work in any bank again, just managing what i was able to save plus the 100k ridiculous pay i got from them, life continues.
i can never work for anybody.bank or otherwise.expecially in a country like nigeria where the is no closing time.you resume by 8am and you are not sure when you will go home.only to be paid a paltry sum at the end of the month.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by smooooooth: 2:17pm On Mar 12, 2010
its no news, dat employers in nigeria are all looking for cheap labour and exploiting them. you are lucky to be where u are.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by ohisng(m): 2:23pm On Mar 12, 2010
Under the fear of being called many "nice" names by NLanders? My comment is- IF U DONT LIKE WHAT THEY PAY U OR WORKING CONDITIONS, HAVE SOME DIGNITY AND QUIT INSTEAD OF BLEEPING COMPLAINING HERE!
Do u have any idea how many people would sell their balls just to have the same job?
Abeg lets stop being hypocritical! Who force u to work there?
LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by onc4all(f): 2:25pm On Mar 12, 2010
what is your problem, many graduates with 2.1 are looking for anyhow job no matter the pay just for them not to continue to waste at home but here you are complaining instead of beign grateful to God for putting food on your table. you such an ingreat.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by busybody20: 2:29pm On Mar 12, 2010
ohisng:

Under the fear of being called many "nice" names by NLanders? My comment is- IF U DONT LIKE WHAT THEY PAY U OR WORKING CONDITIONS, HAVE SOME DIGNITY AND QUIT INSTEAD OF BLEEPING COMPLAINING HERE!
Do u have any idea how many people would sell their balls just to have the same job?
Abeg lets stop being hypocritical! Who force u to work there?
LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!

Why na?

You should have said it nicely wink grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by Phony200(m): 2:30pm On Mar 12, 2010
Eerm. . . Is 85k your monthly salary or the whole amount you are due at the end of 2 years? If you can't cope, please quit or hang on for a better job. Always rmbr that thing about half breads and half cups.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by princekevo(m): 2:45pm On Mar 12, 2010
My guy, if you think the salary is not good for u as trainee, you can quit is not by force. Stop whining and thank God that you have a stable monthly income of 85k per month. There are many Graduates even with 1st class still roaming the street of Nigeria jst to get half ur pay.
This inconteption is why there is high corruption in Nigeria. Now you are whining and complaining but cant quit at the same time, the next thing is for you to discover a corrupt way to make up ur ideal salary and to meet up ur expection.

Be contempted with the Lil you have with Patience until you are being promoted to the next level. If you cant have patience then you better quit and stop whining.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by DrDre1(m): 2:51pm On Mar 12, 2010
@ 1st Poster
Do U knw dat som people wil feel insulted wit wat U've posted? There are graduates beta than U & have neva earned a kobo several years afta leavin school. Som dat even have jobs dont earn up to half of 85k. I'm sure U have an idea of d situation in d country's labour market, if not U wuld have resigned & picked up anoda job instead of punishin a poor keyboard. That said, I hope U are not 'traceable' b4 som1 (or Ur bank) hunts U down. lol
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by ReachRich(m): 2:53pm On Mar 12, 2010
U dont like the pay at zenith?Try unemployment.Come back after 5months and tell us which is beta.lol
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by Tudor6(f): 2:56pm On Mar 12, 2010
I sometimes honestly wonder if nigerians are born stupid or they acquire it later in life. . . .

The general replies here borders on "If you don't like it quit", "Don't complain, some are worse off" and bla bla bla.

Don't complain? Why the hell not?! He's employed as a trainee and given the same workload and targets as a full staff without the same financial and fringe benefits. . . Is that not SLAVERY?

Rather than castigating or speaking against such exploitations by coporate organisations they prefer to rant "Half bread. . .", "Complain not", "Quit". It means the morons aka nigerians have come to accept this act of coporate slavery as the norm and perfectly legal.

No wonder everybody including politicians and religious leaders shits on you nigeriansdeadbeats.

Shame on you deadbrains called nigerians.

@poster.

Pls complain and cry out!! No human being should be exploited this way. . . . Hopefully the imbeciles called Nigerians would one day wake up and stand against such crimes against humanity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 12, 2010
@ poster i feel you jare. A job that doesn't allow you no time to develop yourself, no time for family and friends, should at least pay for helping you waste away your life. if you enjoy banking, hang in there & do some professional exams, build a career. E go better.

If on the other hand you cannot actually stand the job (pay aside), try to set your sights on saving some small change as fast as possible so you can get out & follow your dream (assuming you have one  wink )
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by proudly9ja(m): 2:58pm On Mar 12, 2010
I don't want to agree with people telling the poster to quit with the talk that 'some peopl don't have jobs'. Thats a wrong way to view things and its this same 'at least Im better than others' mentality that's left Nigeria the way she is now.

If one is not treated right at work, he/she has every right to complain and where there are unions, the unions should take it up! We should stop this slavery mentality. People who work deserve to be paid in accordance to the work they put in. If its not commensurate, they have the right to complain.

That's how we accept injustice in every facet in our country and the rot has continued. So if they reduce his salary to 50k tomorow when people who do same work earn more, he should still continue to be grateful that he has work?
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by proudly9ja(m): 3:00pm On Mar 12, 2010
Tudór:

I sometimes honestly wonder if nigerians are born silly or they acquire it later in life. . . .

The general replies here borders on "If you don't like it quit", "Don't complain, some are worse off" and bla bla bla.

Don't complain? Why the hell not?! He's employed as a trainee and given the same workload and targets as a full staff without the same financial and fringe benefits. . . Is that not SLAVERY?

Rather than castigating or speaking against such exploitations by coporate organisations they prefer to rant "Half bread. . .", "Complain not", "Quit". It means the morons aka nigerians have come to accept this act of coporate slavery as the norm and perfectly legal.

No wonder everybody including politicians and religious leaders shits on you nigeriansdeadbeats.

Shame on you deadbrains called nigerians.

@poster.

Pls complain and cry out!! No human being should be exploited this way. . . . Hopefully the imbeciles called Nigerians would one day wake up and stand against such crimes against humanity.

God bless you jare!
ziddy:

@ poster i feel you jare. A job that doesn't allow you no time to develop yourself, no time for family and friends, should at least pay for helping you waste away your life. if you enjoy banking, hang in there & do some professional exams, build a career. E go better.

If on the other hand you cannot actually stand the job (pay aside), try to set your sights on saving some small change as fast as possible so you can get out & follow your dream (assuming you have one  wink )
I concur!
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by ddiamond(f): 3:02pm On Mar 12, 2010
bad thing has no other name it bad, we all understand but half bread is better than none. just keep your head up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals Faster As A Nigerian / Loyalty To A Company Vs Gaining Experience And Moving To Another Company / Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.