Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte (56658 Views)

FG To Reduce Data Cost From N1,000 To N390 Per Gigabyte / Report: Nigeria One Of The Countries With Poor Internet Connection / See Countries That Spends The Most Time On Internet, Social Media. Nigeria At (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by marvelyole(m): 10:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
sorextee:
The country still dey learn. Me alone dey consume more Dan 20gig in two weeks. Im very sure some guys here consume more than dat..
Story, watin dem tell u say na 2ogig, my brother na 2. 5gig no vex... The stats is correct
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Ebubemg(m): 10:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
Phi001:
Data is not as cheap as we think it is in USA. I read from the website that as at 2016, 2 gig of data cost about 39 dollars in USA. Going at a 350 rate, that's 13650 naira. Isn't 2 gig less than 2k in Nigeria?
data is still expensive in some white countries like Canada and Co but they have wifi that is cheap and free for some, open wifi everywhere
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Ugosample(m): 10:56pm On Oct 14, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Exactly my point. Their research is just selective. And one dude is up there ranting as though his life depends on it

There is NO WAY Nigeria can have a higher internet usage per capita than any of those countries listed above.

Impossible.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by oriakuna: 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2017
Whas a simulator app
EMEKA1MILLION:
even torrent sites have outrageous large files. Hw many of us can upload such? Of recent I wanted to download a simulator app and it took me more than a week to download. File was over 40gb

1 Like

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by 4gunners(m): 11:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
I once asked on quora if data subscrisption is cheap in US, a man replied and said if you are Bill Gate it is cheap.

2 Likes

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 14, 2017
Threecrownz:
To get data in most of these country is not as expensive as we get it here in Naija...We are still being duped by mtn and co when it comes to data purchase...and mind you we still transmit at a very slow speed compared to others, a reason why we can't be on that least yet....
Its too bad, they are extorting us.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by DozieInc(m): 11:29pm On Oct 14, 2017
The average in Nigeria is still a learner compared to these countries.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
sorextee:
The country still dey learn. Me alone dey consume more Dan 20gig in two weeks. Im very sure some guys here consume more than dat..

Today is 14th. I have consumed 13.56GB.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by chiraqDemon(m): 12:07am On Oct 15, 2017
Octano:

That's an average for the whole country. Means someone like you in Finland would be using 200Gb to 1 Terabyte.

There are still many a people who don't use up to 1Gb a month
Like my ppl

1 Like

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by adebayogates(m): 12:32am On Oct 15, 2017
dominique:
How did they come up with the data? Is there a way to collate people's devic data usage without accessing their devices?

Monitoring your upload and download has nothing to do with accessing your data... simplest way to put it is you have a point with your network provider and data flow on that point is monitored..Quite easy to block you out if you've used beyond your cap
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by SalamRushdie: 12:42am On Oct 15, 2017
olayinkajnr:

I think the only reason most African countries are not included in the list is because they think we are archaic, like we don't know things.

And you just had to prove them right didn't you?

2 Likes

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by SalamRushdie: 12:43am On Oct 15, 2017
BAGCOSACK:

Today is 14th. I have consumed 13.56GB.

What part of the word Average don't you guys understand na

2 Likes

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by blacknp(m): 12:58am On Oct 15, 2017
lastbaff:
Cool.. What a margin between the first and second. The most used data plan in Nigeria, I believe, is MTN.
Check out the list of their subscription codes:
MTN Data Plan for Android and Other Smartphones
Glo.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by kolaaderin: 1:08am On Oct 15, 2017
lastbaff:
Cool.. What a margin between the first and second. The most used data plan in Nigeria, I believe, is MTN.
Check out the list of their subscription codes:
MTN Data Plan for Android and Other Smartphones

Glo is pulling more Data than the MTN
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by kolaaderin: 1:13am On Oct 15, 2017
sorextee:

What they mean is average consumers. I.e u may be using up to 40 gig in a month but you are just 1 person out of over a thousand users with less than 100 meg usage monthly.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by KennedyNwaodu(m): 3:53am On Oct 15, 2017
MTN...Night to 131, gives you 500MB. We use it eerday, 500×30=15GB plus Glo Subscription. Just do the math and tell me am not the Data World Champion.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by ernieboy(m): 4:02am On Oct 15, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
Those of u complaining why Nigeria is not included, how many of u can upload a file of over 70gb? Goto pirateBay and see crazy large files. I use over 200gb monthly on ntel 12k unlimited package. So the list above is on average user statistics
don't mind these folks bragging because they bought ten gig, in some countries folks can exhaust that ten gig within a few hours of movie streaming especially with real 4g broadband, not the ogboju 4g they give us here that is really more like 3g. let them go to pirate bay, only 2 files will almost exhaust the ten gig.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by ernieboy(m): 4:08am On Oct 15, 2017
KennedyNwaodu:
MTN...Night to 131, gives you 500MB. We use it eerday, 500×30=15GB plus Glo Subscription. Just do the math and tell me am not the Data World Champion.
o boy when do u sleep?
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by newafricaken254: 4:50am On Oct 15, 2017
kenya is ranked 14th in the world among top countries by average mobile Internet speed

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by bejeria101(m): 4:51am On Oct 15, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
how naija go dey there, when what most people use is mtn whatsapp only #60 grin

I go blow whistle o! Lol
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by newafricaken254: 5:13am On Oct 15, 2017
in nairobi,kenya we have residential broad band unlimited Internet connection,this is a screen shot of utorrent while i was downloading a movie

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by olayinkajnr(m): 5:16am On Oct 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

And you just had to prove them right didn't you?

Anything wrong with that?
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by newafricaken254: 5:57am On Oct 15, 2017
in kenya an internet company called ZUKU unlimited internet charges are 10mbps speed is 3,500 kenya shillings (12,045.02 Nigerian Naira) and 30mbps speed charges are 4,700 kenya shillings(16,174.75 Nigerian Naira) this includes free zuku tv and zuku to zuku telephone
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Bimpe29: 6:05am On Oct 15, 2017
Services are quite better there
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by stellarsfinest: 6:32am On Oct 15, 2017
Wi wi nor takit

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by davidsthe(m): 6:34am On Oct 15, 2017
dominique:
How did they come up with the data? Is there a way to collate people's devic data usage without accessing their devices?

Very yes!
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by royalamour(m): 6:48am On Oct 15, 2017
olayinkajnr:

I think the only reason most African countries are not included in the list is because they think we are archaic, like we don't know things.

Trust me, you know nothing.

1 Like

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by obidevine(m): 6:48am On Oct 15, 2017
Techknowng:
According to a new report, mobile broadband penetration in OECD countries has reached 99.3 percent, meaning there is nearly one high-speed mobile broadband subscription for every inhabitant. As the smartphone became mainstream and mobile internet started to become more common, pricing in mobile markets shifted from telephony to data usage. That trend is particularly evident when it comes to 4G services that are designed for IP-based traffic, rather than being optimized for voice.
The rapid expansion of 4G, coupled with providers in many countries introducing unlimited data packages, has seen levels of data usage rise considerably in recent years. The following infographic shows mobile data usage per mobile broadband subscription in selected OECD countries last year, with Finland first by a wide margin.

In 2016, Finnish smartphone users consumed an average of 10.95GB of mobile data per month, considerably more than Austria's 6.28GB. In Finland, users can select the speed for all services without having their usage capped. For example Elisa offers tiered speeds for 4G at 50 Mbps, 100 Mbps and 300Mbps including unlimited data usage. Sweden and South Korea recorded mobile data usage of 4.38 and 3.83GB per month respectively while U.S. smartphone owners used 2.67GB. While some U.S. operators like Sprint and T-Mobile do offer unlimited usage plans and charge by speed, others are still rooted back in the 3G-era.

Source: http://www.xirkings.com/2017/10/mobile-data-subscriptions-which.html?m=1

For those who don't know the meaning of OECD countries :: see pictures below

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by ibietela2(m): 6:50am On Oct 15, 2017
sorextee:
the data price in some african countries here is more expensive than ours. eg south africa, zambia, namibia were protesting a hike in data prices some months ago.

Which Nigerian wants to go and protest?
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by ibietela2(m): 6:53am On Oct 15, 2017
[s]
spreado:

Apart from Jennifer dairy grin our blogger don't upload large files and they are here asking why Nigeria didn't make the list
[/s]

What nonsense
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by olayinkajnr(m): 6:54am On Oct 15, 2017
royalamour:

Trust me, you know nothing.

Really Mr Know-it-all??

Tell me more since you know everything!!!

Sometimes, I wonder how easy it is for you guys to judge people over the screen of your handset.

And he's even asking to trust him by acknowledging that I know nothing. Is that how dumb you are?
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by nwoye72: 7:28am On Oct 15, 2017
This my country FIN una too much.No wonder before i make a call with data its ringing already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Cancel All Mtn Services That May Be Deducting Your Money / Airtel 6x Time Bonus Code | How To Get 6x Bonus Your Recharge / Airtel Surprise Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.