Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal (1745 Views)

One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father / I Feel So Suicidal Because Of My Marriage. / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 13, 2017
One died recently

I am just 23, and my youngest sibling 19

I don't want to live anymore

I am so depressed.
Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by doctimonyeka(m): 10:11pm On Oct 13, 2017
Don't do that...

Take it to God in prayers..
Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by bro4u: 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2017
Brother, hard luck bout your loss

you came to this world alone and you'll gonna go back alone, so no matter who leave you leaves you so that you can continue your path to enligtenment alone, cheer up bro!

1 Like

Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by Yeligray(m): 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
brightfuture17:
One died recently

I am so depressed.
life don't end there mehn, if you die now who will take care of your younger one and most importantly will your dead parent be proud of what you are thinking of doing?... You have much more to live for, what should be on your mind now is thinking of how to make your dead parent smile down on you from Heaven and say 'that is my son'.. Make your dead parent proud and show him/her that their efforts where not put to waste... Man up nigga.
Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by Yeligray(m): 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
brightfuture17:
One died recently

I am so depressed.
life don't end there mehn, if you die now who will take care of your younger one and most importantly will your dead parent be proud of what you are thinking to do?... You have much more to live for, what should be in your mind now is thinking of how to make your dead parent smile down on you from Heaven and say 'that is my son'...

1 Like

Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by samuelson06(m): 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2017
One day, we'll all die. You don't need to commit suicide because you lose a loved one. God is our first love and you shouldn't love your dad or mum more than God. Be encourage that one day you'll see again. Life must continue. You still have a long way to go; the earlier you put what have happened behind and move on, the better. No amount of tears can wake a dead person. If you keep crying and sinking yourself down, soon you'll begin to dream a demon coming to you with the face of your dead parent telling you to join them that life is better where they are. Be careful and call yourself to order. You should be the one encouraging your sibling to be strong and not saying things like these. Whatever the role your demised parent must have been playing in your life, look up to God for it. I understand that it's quite a trying time for you but the way you handle the situation can make or mar your future. Don't become too emotional. Go close to God and be prayerful. He'll comfort you and fill the vacuum created as a result of your dead parent. Be strong.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by ellagabs(f): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2017
Smilin, my dear u av got evry ryt to tink wat u r tinkin ryt nw.
Daz lyf u kn, but jus hold on a lil mor and see hw God wil make u great in life.
Jus hold on,
Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by onward4life(m): 4:22am On Oct 14, 2017
brightfuture17:
One died recently

I am so depressed.

Babe! Listen

#theirPeaceMatters

Be strong when tins go Wrong!

Don't allow haters to wag their tongues!

Remember their Legacy and family name must continue!

Stand up and assume!

Get married Don get ur life marred

Make kids and yu wud notice something special

Me I lost one buh since then.....

1 Share

Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by Sewasaunt(f): 4:24am On Oct 14, 2017
brightfuture17:
One died recently

I am so depressed.

Hey Dear,
It must hurt a lot and only you may know just how much, but please don't give up. God's got you(yeah- it may not seem like it now,) I have got you too and I am sure many others on this forum do.
Please be strengthened, better days are coming. Cry, scream, vent but please remember to smile and laugh, to live and to love.
Please are you in Lagos?
Want a cake or something nice to cheer you and your siblings up a bit?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by rex444(m): 6:18am On Oct 14, 2017
Is that the example u want to give to your younger ones? It's a scar that never heals yes,i lost my dad 20 years ago,i was just 13, and my mum 10 years ago...but am still here....man up homie...God's blessings on d way

3 Likes

Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by ImaIma1(f): 11:06am On Oct 14, 2017
brightfuture17:
One died recently

I am so depressed.

OP people have gone through much worse. Take heart.

My school mate' s father died in a plane crash before she entered JSS1 and her mum committed suicide nefore she reached SS3. She is the first child with 2 or 3 younger ones. They are still alive today.

Be strong. You dont need these thoughts you are entertaining.

1 Like

Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
rex444:
Is that the example u want to give to your younger ones? It's a scar that never heals yes,i lost my dad 20 years ago,i was just 13, and my mum 10 years ago...but am still here....man up homie...God's blessings on d way

why do you still have faith in God after all that happened to you?
Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by Chommieblaq(f): 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
My condolences and may the Almighty give you the fortitude to bear this loss.

I lost my dad 21 years ago, sometimes if I look at myself, where I am, what I have been through, I just feel that probably if my dad is alive, things would have been better. But, I'm strong, God has always being faithful, my mum is an awesome woman, strong and supportive.

Don't underestimate God, dont underestimate God's plans for you, He will always reach out for you like He did me.
Has being depressed solved anything?
Has being worries yielded any positive result?
I get worried and depressed too, but it doesn't solve anything.
Let go and let God in!

Be strong for your siblings
Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by enoqueen: 4:54pm On Oct 14, 2017
Be strong.
Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by KevinDein: 5:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
This is the time to be strong. Your siblings need you to be strong.
Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by rex444(m): 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
brightfuture17:

why do you still have faith in God after all that happened to you?
things happen to us everyday,good or bad such is life n the choice we made... it's a lot more easier with God than any other
Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by Viking007(m): 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
hmm.
Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
Op what can we say but hang in there and be strong. It's not easy, I understand exactly how you feel.

I felt the same way u felt 11years ago, when my mum died right in my arms through heart attack, on our way to the hospital, I felt her spirit leave her body as I was screaming to the driver to drive fast. It was a horrible night, so horrible. I felt. My whole. World collapsing in front of me. Immediately we got to the hospital she was confirmed dead. I was too numb to scream anymore, tears pouring down like rain from my eyes
After 3years, my only brother had a heart disease and also died in my arms as he collapsed on me. I nearly ran mad, I felt so old and fed-up of life. I prayed for deaths to just take me, am tired and done with this deaths. But the spirit of my mum whispered to. Me in my mourning state.
You can't leave as well. You need to be strong. You are all I have on earth. Please don't come. Stay back and everything will be OK as from henceforth, please, don't break my heart.

I was just crying and always saying to her as if she was right in front of me but how could u just leave me like this, but why??

I even questioned God in my tears, that God why bring me into this situation that my mum and my brother have died around me? What crime. Did I commit? Do u want me to go crazy with sorrows and emptiness? How do I keep. Living when the two remaining family close to me, after my dad died is also dead!

God u are wicked! embarassed

But God didn't answer, everywhere was quiet. Intense headache came, Then I wipe my tears and urged my spirit to be strong, I won't die.. I will Live and make my mum and late bro proud of me.
I must live and continue her lineage. That's what she wants and that's what she will have from me.

And here I am today. Very Strong emotionally, nothing fazes me anymore. Absolutely nothing. And my life has progressed during these past years.

Be strong, you have to be strong.

it's well with your soul. Be a living example to your younger ones. They need your strength and presence to keep them moving.

It's well with you and your siblings amen and Amen.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 16, 2017
Thank you

This is helpful unlike those people who have not gone through what I am going through telling me it is the will.of God

alexialin:
Op what can we say but hang in there and be strong. It's not easy, I understand exactly how you feel.

I felt the same way u felt 11years ago, when my mum died right in my arms through heart attack, on our way to the hospital, I felt her spirit leave her body as I was screaming to the driver to drive fast. It was a horrible night, so horrible. I felt. My whole. World collapsing in front of me. Immediately we got to the hospital she was confirmed dead. I was too numb to scream anymore, tears pouring down like rain from my eyes
After 3years, my only brother had a heart disease and also died in my arms as he collapsed on me. I nearly ran mad, I felt so old and fed-up of life. I prayed for deaths to just take me, am tired and done with this deaths. But the spirit of my mum whispered to. Me in my mourning state.
You can't leave as well. You need to be strong. You are all I have on earth. Please don't come. Stay back and everything will be OK as from henceforth, please, don't break my heart.

I was just crying and always saying to her as if she was right in front of me but how could u just leave me like this, but why??

I even questioned God in my tears, that God why bring me into this situation that my mum and my brother have died around me? What crime. Did I commit? Do u want me to go crazy with sorrows and emptiness? How do I keep. Living when the two remaining family close to me, after my dad died is also dead!

God u are wicked! embarassed

But God didn't answer, everywhere was quiet. Intense headache came, Then I wipe my tears and urged my spirit to be strong, I won't die.. I will Live and make my mum and late bro proud of me.
I must live and continue her lineage. That's what she wants and that's what she will have from me.

And here I am today. Very Strong emotionally, nothing fazes me anymore. Absolutely nothing. And my life has progressed during these past years.

Be strong, you have to be strong.

it's well with your soul. Be a living example to your younger ones. They need your strength and presence to keep them moving.

It's well with you and your siblings amen and Amen.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 16, 2017
brightfuture17:
Thank you

This is helpful unlike those people who have not gone through what I am going through telling me it is the will.of God

It ain't easy,right? More tough times to come. But all wars start and end with our emotions. Depression is very terrible.
I'm happy u said u have younger one. Probably two or so. Are u the first?. A male? Do u feel they are looking up to you now to do magic?

Vent it out here. Death of a loved one isn't fair. To a 60 yrs old who lost a parent not to talk of a 23 yrs old.

Don't bottle up. Vent any how u can but not aggression.

Now,the younger one u mentioned will give u ray of hope. Some sometimes lose all and have wicked extended family but they still have small voice telling them that this too will pass.

Envision where u will want your younger one to be tomorrow and let that strengthen you.

Life situation like this makes one strong overnight.
If u can,look for positive minded people and befriend them so that you will contact their postive energy.
Anytime you are overwhelmed because of the death of your parents, please cry and cry till you are worn out. It must be coming to you especially when you are passing through a lot or when you see something that remindsyou of them. Pull yourself together. Talk to your younger one. In fact, they should know that u are helpless but together you all can make it,okay?
With time you will heal and accept my condolence for the death of your parent.
Re: I Am Missing My Late Parent, Feeling Suicidal by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 16, 2017
brightfuture17:
Thank you

You are welcome dear..

The Lord will strengthen you and give u the more reason to live again and be happy. It's a bumpy road ahead but trust me, you will be fine at the end.

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Want To Give Myself Out For Money But Am Losing Mom / Parents Please Take Your Time To Read This. / HELP: I Want To Get Married But My Fiancee's Family Is Not Ready!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.