Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

I Need Your Advice About The Decision I'm About To Make. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Need Your Advice About The Decision I'm About To Make. (1617 Views)

I'm About To Buy The Tecno Pouvoir 4 Pro / Please I'm About To Buy Tecno Camon 15 / Pantami's Decision To Mine Data Of Phone Users Trailed By Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice About The Decision I'm About To Make. by Josephjnr(m): 11:02pm On Oct 13, 2017
I am using gionee m5 marathon and some days back I saw a security setting in it which is about encrypting my whole phone. I am a kind of person who likes a security tight device. I know less about encryption and I really want to encrypt my phone with the setting. What might/will be the effect if I do this? Help!!!!!!!
Re: I Need Your Advice About The Decision I'm About To Make. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 13, 2017
U will loose the phone warrant
Re: I Need Your Advice About The Decision I'm About To Make. by Josephjnr(m): 7:04am On Oct 14, 2017
EliteBiz:
U will loose the phone warrant

But it is a setting that comes with the phone. I thought one will only looses warranty if one tamper with the phone against manufacturer's instruction.
Re: I Need Your Advice About The Decision I'm About To Make. by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 14, 2017
Josephjnr:

But it is a setting that comes with the phone. I thought one will only looses warranty if one tamper with the phone against manufacturer's instruction.

So far it came with your phone and did not do any rooting on the phone, it should still have a warranty.
But encrypting your whole phone is not really a good idea.

(1) (Reply)

COME IN: Who Has A Used Phone With These Specs 4 Sell? / Neat Used Infinix Hot S 17k / 10 Best Infinix Phones That You Can Buy Right Now In Nigeria, With Their Prices.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.