Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Canadian Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Help (3609 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / 2 Nigerian Students Face Deportation At A Canadian University / No More Canadian Citizenship @ Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Help by fellow(m): 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2007
i need to know which canadian universities doesnt collect the normal application fee as most do and which of them has may admission.
The ones i have seen so far are cumbersome

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Help by debosky(m): 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2007
dude you need to give more information on what you require

undergrad or postgrad?

what course/program are you interested in?

what are your qualifications?

what is the 'normal application fee'? all schools collect application fees as much as I know, maybe you mean some collect more than others?

clarify these issues and I'll see what I can do to help
Re: Canadian Help by fellow(m): 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2007
undergrad considering the fact that i have gone thru an undergrad level here in nigeria, i would like a program in infomation technology.
Can i have some sites where i could like get to see them schools?
Re: Canadian Help by debosky(m): 9:55pm On Feb 19, 2007
this is the best place to start

www.aucc.ca

detailed list of all Canadian schools and colleges, with a database to search for the course you're interested in.
Re: Canadian Help by Hotstepper(f): 11:52pm On Feb 19, 2007
Every school in canada collect application fee after you  must have paid the normal one to OUAC(Ontario Universities Application Center), This is where you apply to any university you want to apply to in Ontario, then they foward your application to the skools you applied to.  www.ouac.on.ca

Also, you are required that  your school send all the required documents each school require directly to them and not you( because they don't want any foul play as changing grades) den you follow up from there. I think each university is da same as in when they accept people.

Sept(Fall) entrance application is still one till March 15. They also have Winter applications(Jan) and Summer (May) but you need to check for individual skools for Winter and Summer ones. I know my school(york uni)accepts in all sessions but depends on the faculity. If you don't want to start all ova again, you can apply as a transfer student or with your degree, you will be given sum amount of credits which in most cases land people in their 2nd year. I know alot of people from Nigeria that did that.

Good luck. for information about all the school, google CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES
Re: Canadian Help by debosky(m): 12:01am On Feb 20, 2007
A little correction

ouac applies to schools in the province of Ontario, other provinces - Brithish Columbia, Manitoba etc have their own payment systems wink
Re: Canadian Help by Hotstepper(f): 3:34am On Feb 20, 2007
10x bro, datz a vital correction ooooo
Re: Canadian Help by byrocind(f): 7:44pm On Feb 21, 2007
Hello,was planning on registering 4 my ACCA,this July,God willing,at Stouffeville College,Toronto,Ontario,but i cant seem 2 find it in the list of schools in d site u wrote.
Re: Canadian Help by Hotstepper(f): 3:51am On Feb 23, 2007
the site I gave was just only for universities in Ontario and the skool you wanna apply to is a community college. An idea is alwaz 2 put da name of da skool.ca, ca is 4 canada, well da skool website is
http://www.stouffvillecollege.ca/
Re: Canadian Help by oliky(m): 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2007
Hi bro, you could get help at travelvisafreetoday.com,www.canadawantsyou.com,www.braintrack.com and www.eduworldagency.org or .com. But if u consider migration to canada, start from travelvisafreetoday.com you'll get useful info.
Re: Canadian Help by byrocind(f): 6:21pm On Feb 24, 2007
Thanks a lot,much appreciated.
Re: Canadian Help by fellow(m): 10:01am On Feb 26, 2007
@debosky
hello i would like to get your email address so that we can get to gist better. I really need some advice as regards the schools and processes
Re: Canadian Help by 9ja4eva: 9:19pm On Feb 26, 2007
fellow:

@debosky
hello i would like to get your email address so that we can get to gist better. I really need some advice as regards the schools and processes

I was told of UNB.I think the application fee is like $25 or so.Wld check up some schools for u.
Re: Canadian Help by debosky(m): 10:37pm On Feb 26, 2007
@ fellow, buzz me on YM, i'll answer any questions you have that way
Re: Canadian Help by 9ja4eva: 2:59am On Feb 27, 2007
What skul is best for Masters sef?
Re: Canadian Help by Hotstepper(f): 3:43am On Feb 27, 2007
Ever skool is good 4 Masters but den depends in the area you wanna focus, wat do u wanna study?
Re: Canadian Help by 9ja4eva: 3:47am On Feb 27, 2007
Actually its Information Systems or Project Management
Re: Canadian Help by Hotstepper(f): 3:50am On Feb 27, 2007
Then any school should be fine especially if the school offers it. I am not fimiliar with that area to know shools that offer it but it is a popular course here, I know my school offers it though. Again, depends on the provience and the amount u can afford.
Re: Canadian Help by 9ja4eva: 4:01am On Feb 27, 2007
Oh Okay.Definitely nt Toronto cos its too loaded.I did check anyway bt if u got any skul let me know.Thnks gurl
Re: Canadian Help by Hotstepper(f): 4:17am On Feb 27, 2007
what do u mean by Toronto is loaded?
Re: Canadian Help by Hotstepper(f): 4:18am On Feb 27, 2007
what do u mean by Toronto is loaded?
Re: Canadian Help by 9ja4eva: 4:21am On Feb 27, 2007
Crowded i mean.I hope it doesnt start pouring away soon.
Re: Canadian Help by Hotstepper(f): 4:30am On Feb 27, 2007
i dont think toronto is crowded, maybe u r comparing it with other cities in canada, ilove TDOT though, lol, by da way, where r u at?
Re: Canadian Help by Hotstepper(f): 4:31am On Feb 27, 2007
the more people r going 2 places like Alberta, more people are coming, lol,
Re: Canadian Help by Hotstepper(f): 4:31am On Feb 27, 2007
the more people r going 2 places like Alberta, more  people are coming, lol,
Re: Canadian Help by 9ja4eva: 4:32am On Feb 27, 2007
Lol.Yeah well some cool area jare.Y did u mention Alberta?
Re: Canadian Help by Hotstepper(f): 4:36am On Feb 27, 2007
Alberta is where the Canada Oil is at and their population is small so they need people datz why but den Toronto is the most popular following by Vancouver,Montreal and now Calgary/Edomonton(both in Alberta) destination for people cuz it is diversed per se
Re: Canadian Help by 9ja4eva: 4:42am On Feb 27, 2007
Lol.Yu in Canada?
Re: Canadian Help by Hotstepper(f): 4:43am On Feb 27, 2007
yes oo, am in Canada and loving it. am a Torontoriannnnnnnn.(da most diversed city in da world).where u at?
Re: Canadian Help by 9ja4eva: 4:45am On Feb 27, 2007
Lol.Whats ur contact as in email or so.Am in Iraq.
Re: Canadian Help by Hotstepper(f): 4:49am On Feb 27, 2007
dont quite post ma addy here so if u like, u can post urs
Re: Canadian Help by 9ja4eva: 4:56am On Feb 27, 2007
Lol.I dnt too oh.Emm Emm lets c wat i can do.Wats ur yim?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beware Of The Uk’s New Immigration Rules / Doing Business In Liberia / Document For Settlement For The Husband In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.