Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 (17267 Views)

Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) / Nigerian Man Graduates In Style, Gets Full Time Offer From Amazon In USA (photos / JAMB Reveals Those Who Will Get Admission In 2017/2018 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by chidex6195(m): 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
really better by far
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by tete7000(m): 12:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
shankara7:
The irony is the keep saying the standard of education in Nigeria has fallen and yet the number of first class graduates keep increasing.

Compare to number of those graduating, in percentage that increase might not really be there. The number of those graduating has significantly increased over the years.
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by TundeHashim(m): 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:

d law guess ur among
yup Babam
Alhamdulillah twas great
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by olasaad(f): 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:

wow! i love this reply and besides, are u a unilorite?

Yes
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by redsun(m): 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
The more the institution is becoming fundamentally Islamic in nature,the more indotrinating,the more cramming the students have to do and the easier it is for them to paste it in socalled exams,leaving them sheepish in the real world where education really counts..

Some of the socalled first class holders are like madrasssa educated children that are forced to recite the quoran from birth.

1 Like

Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by OgbeniSeun(m): 2:09pm On Oct 15, 2017
Mambox:

This is a MASSIVE improvement. Trust me.

Some 15years back it was always less than 10 first class laurels. Saddism eased when student assesment became a vital component of lecturer evaluation for promotion.

Better by far!

Peace!
TEAM BETTER BY FAR
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by Omobolaji20(m): 2:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
richeeyo:

Don't tell me I know nothing I leaved in ilorin for over 25yrs
I graduated from that same school
So don't tell me what I know
Oloyede started the islamization of that school

U *leaved* there true true dat you even helped dem in building classroom
richeeyo:

richeeyo:

Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by Rilwayne001: 2:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
nasslick:
Statistics department alone had 14 first class

Wow, that's great.
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by Rilwayne001: 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
Achile1515:
89 first class but non was able to even invent a solar panel for the school or even contruck a road to the school capterial. Nigerian unis sef....

Show us what you have invented shocked
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by WIZDOM081(m): 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2017
89 first class in one session compare to Unibuja 8years convocation together we have only 5

This is cheat
God let start afresh
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
kykhelomor:
statistics department had 16 first class graduates
Wao! I must have heard it wrong. Peeps are seriously vexing

1 Like

Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by Empiree: 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
This Notice Was Distributed This Morning

Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by Drabrah(m): 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
Chai! Na d real "Chanji doole" be this.
I remember those days wen Unilorin ll be pegging 1st class to arnd 5 where schs like OAU & UI be churning out abt 60.
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by Jayuba(m): 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2017
First class that cannot invent something, is that one first class?
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by richeeyo(m): 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
Omobolaji20:

Classrooms in university
I see your levels now
Sorry sir
Can I go now

1 Like

Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by Hashimyussufamao(m): 4:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
TundeHashim:
yup Babam Alhamdulillah twas great
wow!!!! that's great oboi gv me ya digit i feel like calling u nw nw cmn!
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by Hashimyussufamao(m): 4:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
olasaad:

Yes
splendid, what dept. re u ma can we hook up?
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by Arnoldo(m): 4:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
kehinde1588:
The former SU president is a christian. The fact is that people vote for competency and not religion. I can assure u that if a christian candidate who is very eloquent and articulate should come out next election, he will surely emerge. VC position is also through election. why are u crying wolves self? Either christian or muslim, all we want is good governance. You guys are just religiously biased thats y u are not seeing it from a neutral angle.
And while campaigning he had to add a muslim name to his name. yes or no. I dont have anything against muslims but the school has become a political tool for the ilorin people .

1 Like

Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by Preator: 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
in 2009, there were 13 first class(if i remember correctly), when i graduated(2013), there were 41( 5 in the faculty of BSS, in fact, all the 5 were from a single dept).
i learnt that a lot of people were actually denied the first class grade to keep a semblance of standard and to satisfy some sadomasochistic lecturers. if it were based purely on merit, more people will have the grade.
however, my working environment showed that while i was able to meander my ways thru school, most of what i learnt were archaic. i had to redevelop myself to make myself relevant.
The school curriculum needs to be overhauled drastically, and schools be made value-based. i have seen european schools that admit you based on skills even if you dnt have the normal entry requirements. but our schools here want you to have 9A1s and over 300 b4 u get admission. yet when u get the results, you still see those who knw who getting the top courses( why will you give a dunce admission to medicine, engineering just because his father is connected? why will our medical and engineering industry not be in shambles? those responsible should be made accessory to the murder of people who lose their lives from the incompetence of such buffoons).

By the way, you people should stop shouting what have the first class invented? in the saner climes, most inventors have no first class, in fact in the old days, some dnt even have formal education. so if they refuse to invent, you should do it.
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by lopjohnny(m): 5:14pm On Oct 15, 2017
kehinde1588:
What do u gain in lying?
Am pretty sure u no nothing about the school. One thing about Unilorin is that they are tolerant when it comes to practise of ones religion in the school premises irrespective of the religion u belong to

you are very wrong,,,,
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by lopjohnny(m): 5:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
Arnoldo:
And while campaigning he had to add a muslim name to his name. yes or no. I dont have anything against muslims but the school has become a political tool for the ilorin people .

YOU ARE VERY CORRECT!!!
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by lopjohnny(m): 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
olasaad:

1. Yes there are more christian staffs
2. You can find out in the school website
3. Yes. Only in recent times the school starts appointing Muslims as their VC. The former are christian.

Common,,,,, must you tell lies
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by omhor(f): 7:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
aboladejohnny:
-Most "First class" students get technical seats and become Doctors or Engineers.
-The "Second class" pass, and then pass MBA to become Administrators and control the First class.
-The "Third class" pass and enter politics (ministers) and control both, First and Second class
Lastly, The "Failures" join the underworld and control all the above!

Hahahaha....this guy funny abeg

1 Like

Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by Magjoel(m): 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
I love the improvement but the rate of amount of first is still very low compare to the amount graduating.
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by ofiko123(m): 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
goodluck to the first class students....
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by Temysteve(m): 9:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
richeeyo:
That school is an Islamic organization
don't mind that racist and tribalistic advancing secondary university...
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by Temysteve(m): 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
aboladejohnny:
-Most "First class" students get technical seats and become Doctors or Engineers.
-The "Second class" pass, and then pass MBA to become Administrators and control the First class.
-The "Third class" pass and enter politics (ministers) and control both, First and Second class
Lastly, The "Failures" join the underworld and control all the above!

Carry your analysis and start going we don hear you. E be like na 3rd class or pass position you dey.
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by richeeyo(m): 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
Temysteve:
don't mind that racist and tribalistic advancing secondary university...
You get the idea bro
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by forkadict(m): 10:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
Jeeesus!!!

Dem don spoil my school finish o!

Back in the day, at least when I had my convocation, 2 graduating sets did the convocation together. And there were only 3 first class graduates. Out of over 2300 graduants. That's how its supposed to be. First class students should be very rare gems. Not pure wate abeg!

89? Hian!
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by FA13(m): 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
kehinde1588:
The former SU president is a christian. The fact is that people vote for competency and not religion. I can assure u that if a christian candidate who is very eloquent and articulate should come out next election, he will surely emerge. VC position is also through election. why are u crying wolves self? Either christian or muslim, all we want is good governance. You guys are just religiously biased thats y u are not seeing it from a neutral angle.

And there is no qualified christian there.
Please just accept the truth. The school has been islamized more than some schools in the core North. Everyone knows it.
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by Marshalxv(m): 12:42am On Oct 16, 2017
Arnoldo:
Are there more christian staff, how many christians have won their su election or v.c post. you dont know the school.

Mr man,ilorin is a northern state and a muslim populated state ,so what were u expecting?

Besides we have many Christian staff here,even my HOD is a christian
Re: For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 by kehinde1588(m): 6:25am On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=FA13 post=61457635]

And there is no qualified christian there.
Please just accept the truth. The school has been islamized more than some schools in the core North. Everyone knows it.[/quote Yes it has been islamized... Alhamdulillah.... no point in arguing with u guys as u have been blind folded by sentiment. So it will be very difficult to see the truth. once again alhamdulillah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Leads In Common Entrance Exam 2017 / Brain Teaser To Test Your Mental Sharpness / Summary Of The Successors For All Jambites [use Of English]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.