Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends (22579 Views)

Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable / 5 Ways Foreign Trained Graduates Can Get Jobs Easily / Latest Job Openings Fresh Graduates Can Apply For. Two Are From Multinationals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by BiafranBushBoy: 7:15am On Oct 14, 2017
Are you thinking of productive things Nigerian graduates can do during weekends? It is good to know that weekend relaxation is meant for those who earn so much with their day jobs, and as much they need the weekends to wind down on pressure.

What about job seekers or working fresh graduates who are underpaid? The answer is “the hustle still continues”

If as a graduate, you spend all your time during weekends catching fun, then you will have just yourself to blame. There are one thousand and one things Nigerian graduates can do during weekends, but about nine hundred and nine of it is considered non-productive.

If you are in the school of thought that nothing should disrupt your weekends, then don’t bother reading further.

I will list out about 5 productive things that Nigerian graduates without jobs can do during the weekends that will be of great help to them.

Take up weekend jobs

It is normal for every fresh graduate without jobs to be short of money – unless you are a rich kid. The weekend offers great opportunity to rake in some money. I am not referring to the “popular method of making money among youths”, I mean hardworking methods.

There are several weekend jobs to earn you some cash during the weekends, but the most popular of them is either ushering or catering jobs. There are several parties going on around various states in the country, and all you have to do is to register with several events planning firm. Once an event pops up, they will employ your services.

The goal of this job isn’t to remain in this position, but to save up cash and go to the next step number 2.

Learn a new skill during weekends

Depending on what your passion is, the weekend offers you a perfect opportunity to improve yourself and add a new skill to your portfolio.

Either you sponsor yourself from money saved, or you request for sponsorship from guardians. Either way, you really need to improve yourself. Instead of having fun during weekends, you can apply these tactics, improve your portfolio, get the desired job, and live the life you want.

Can it get any easier than this?

ICT Sector, so you can see some of the skills that can give you a job

Attend Networking Events

There are several networking events to attend during weekends that can give you the opportunity you have been waiting for. The importance of networking to a graduate can never be over-emphasized. You get to meet people, relate with people in your industry, and get connections to jobs you might have an interest in.

I have seen the power of creating powerful networks (what we call connections), and I know how it works. The more quality people you know, the more chances you have of meeting people that matters.

You can get more of these by registering on several events sites

Eventbrite

Nigerian Chamber of Commerce

Nigerian Seminars and Training, etc.

Register on these sites and get more access to several networking events.

Create a Side Hustle from home

It takes discipline, time and skills to start up a side business from home. Depends on the skill you have acquired, working from home during the weekends is a perfect time to utilize your skills without worrying about anything.

During the week, you might have other things to distract you, but the weekends are perfect for achieving goals.

There are several side hustles that can help you earn a good living from home, and it boils down to choice. (I am writing about this topic extensively, and you can indicate interest by subscribing to my blog).

Since we are in the digital age, I recommend Online Businesses for starters who have little capital to invest. But remember, that you have to have the skill to carry any of the services online. I always use to weekends to source for clients to engage my writing services on several freelancing sites, and this will keep me occupied for the coming week and more money to my account.

What can you do?

How can you achieve it?

Answer these questions, and you are good to go.

Have you always wasted your weekends by engaging in non-profitable things? You need a review and get started with doing things that would count in years to come.

What do you think? Complete the number 5 and let’s know things you do during your weekend that you consider profitable.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/productive-things-nigerian-graduates-do-during-weekends/

lalasticlala

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by Hashimyussufamao(m): 7:17am On Oct 14, 2017
0p 9ce 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by BiafranBushBoy: 6:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
Lalasticlala, I don't know why this post isn't FP worthy sha...

But no wahala
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by pat077: 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2017
Play bet9ja grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by CY09: 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Lalasticlala, I don't know why this post isn't FP worthy sha...

But no wahala

They would rather prefer to put frivolities on the FP.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by Foodforthought: 7:14am On Oct 31, 2017
Hmmm...sha we have heard and we will try to consider it...Buhari sef
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by kay29000(m): 7:15am On Oct 31, 2017
"Since we are in the digital age, I recommend Online Businesses for starters who have little capital to invest. But remember, that you have to have the skill to carry any of the services online. I always use to weekends to source for clients to engage my writing services on several freelancing sites, and this will keep me occupied for the coming week and more money to my account."

Yup! I agree with this. Online business is the best for graduates without jobs on weekends.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by InwehAkpevwe(m): 7:15am On Oct 31, 2017
Seriouslz?.
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by celestialAgent(m): 7:15am On Oct 31, 2017
How is this directly related to graduates? Y’ll and graduate mentality sef undecided

Nb: not only graduates work on weekdays and rest on weekend.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by Florblu(f): 7:16am On Oct 31, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by Finstar: 7:16am On Oct 31, 2017
Are we on weekend? Anyway, visit www.entmirror.com for all your business ideas
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by emperorAY(m): 7:18am On Oct 31, 2017
We din hear o
Nice one sha
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by CallMeNJay: 7:19am On Oct 31, 2017
Person can not rest again

7 Likes

Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 31, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by saintbeejay: 7:22am On Oct 31, 2017
Good idea@op
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by sunbbo(m): 7:24am On Oct 31, 2017
Good write-up Op,

Apply for MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2018 at Michigan State University, USA (Fully Funded)

Mastercard Foundation has partnered with Michigan State University to provide full tuition scholarships to Master’s degree students from sub-Saharan Africa.Eligible students have demonstrated academic talent, are economically disadvantaged, and have a personal commitment to serve their countries or regions of origin.

Eligibility

The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Michigan State University for master’s studentsis open to students who have already completed a bachelor’s degree at an African university and are residents or citizens of an African country.
This program targets academically qualified yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent.

Selection Criteria

Students who are accepted to the program demonstrate the following qualities:

Prior completion of a bachelor’s degree from an African University with academic achievements suggesting continued academic success as a graduate student.
Strong commitment to a professional path in line with an area of study that can positively impact Africa.
Demonstrated interest and capacity for serving others through engagement in volunteer activities in school, college, or community.
Leadership potential.
Ability to cope with change, and interest in other countries and cultures.
Significant financial need and/or from lowest income bracket in country of origin.
Commitment to return to serve home country or region in ways that enhance economic growth and social development.

Financial Support:

Expenses Covered by the Program

The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship provides comprehensive support for the completion of a bachelor’s or master’s degree. We cover:

Travel costs
Visa and SEVIS fees
Tuition and other MSU fees
Housing, food, and living expenses
Health insurance
Program Scholars are also provided with a laptop and backpack.

Click here to view details

1 Like

Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by VoltageDivida(m): 7:24am On Oct 31, 2017
Nice points.
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 31, 2017
So I should work all the days of my life abi?? After d crâzy Monday to Friday hustle, I will now coman kill my self abi?? Weekends are for premiership and church activities mbok

5 Likes

Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by Dunamiz(m): 7:27am On Oct 31, 2017
Thumbs up OP. Baba God will bless our hustle.
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 31, 2017
This write up is for anyone not just graduates
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by Osasnidas(m): 7:28am On Oct 31, 2017
Great one, as a fresh graduate, this is a good read, thank you op
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by Kevosky: 7:28am On Oct 31, 2017
Surest thing Nigerian graduates can do on weekends is to look for 10 sure odds and stake. Its as simple as that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by Henrolla(m): 7:29am On Oct 31, 2017
Nice points
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by karlboss: 7:29am On Oct 31, 2017
Nice
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by Tolupage(m): 7:32am On Oct 31, 2017
Hmm. Nice write-up
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by overhypedsteve(m): 7:33am On Oct 31, 2017
Well for me I try to improve on my programming skills by trying the possibility of developing an algorithm that can develop other problem solving algorithm. The first algorithm is not problem solving, it sole purpose is to program problem solving programs.

visit RunMyResearch.com we provide one of the best academic research writing service you could ever find anywhere
https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/
make the best of your final year research project or Thesis

5 Likes

Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by Tolupage(m): 7:34am On Oct 31, 2017

haa
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 31, 2017
Biafranbushboy you're going to be great in life. I just wish all lazy and indolent guys learn from you.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:35am On Oct 31, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Are you thinking of productive things Nigerian graduates can do during weekends? It is good to know that weekend relaxation is meant for those who earn so much with their day jobs, and as much they need the weekends to wind down on pressure.

What about job seekers or working fresh graduates who are underpaid? The answer is “the hustle still continues”

If as a graduate, you spend all your time during weekends catching fun, then you will have just yourself to blame. There are one thousand and one things Nigerian graduates can do during weekends, but about nine hundred and nine of it is considered non-productive.

If you are in the school of thought that nothing should disrupt your weekends, then don’t bother reading further.

I will list out about 5 productive things that Nigerian graduates without jobs can do during the weekends that will be of great help to them.

Take up weekend jobs

It is normal for every fresh graduate without jobs to be short of money – unless you are a rich kid. The weekend offers great opportunity to rake in some money. I am not referring to the “popular method of making money among youths”, I mean hardworking methods.

There are several weekend jobs to earn you some cash during the weekends, but the most popular of them is either ushering or catering jobs. There are several parties going on around various states in the country, and all you have to do is to register with several events planning firm. Once an event pops up, they will employ your services.

The goal of this job isn’t to remain in this position, but to save up cash and go to the next step number 2.

Learn a new skill during weekends

Depending on what your passion is, the weekend offers you a perfect opportunity to improve yourself and add a new skill to your portfolio.

Either you sponsor yourself from money saved, or you request for sponsorship from guardians. Either way, you really need to improve yourself. Instead of having fun during weekends, you can apply these tactics, improve your portfolio, get the desired job, and live the life you want.

Can it get any easier than this?

ICT Sector, so you can see some of the skills that can give you a job

Attend Networking Events

There are several networking events to attend during weekends that can give you the opportunity you have been waiting for. The importance of networking to a graduate can never be over-emphasized. You get to meet people, relate with people in your industry, and get connections to jobs you might have an interest in.

I have seen the power of creating powerful networks (what we call connections), and I know how it works. The more quality people you know, the more chances you have of meeting people that matters.

You can get more of these by registering on several events sites

Eventbrite

Nigerian Chamber of Commerce

Nigerian Seminars and Training, etc.

Register on these sites and get more access to several networking events.

Create a Side Hustle from home

It takes discipline, time and skills to start up a side business from home. Depends on the skill you have acquired, working from home during the weekends is a perfect time to utilize your skills without worrying about anything.

During the week, you might have other things to distract you, but the weekends are perfect for achieving goals.

There are several side hustles that can help you earn a good living from home, and it boils down to choice. (I am writing about this topic extensively, and you can indicate interest by subscribing to my blog).

Since we are in the digital age, I recommend Online Businesses for starters who have little capital to invest. But remember, that you have to have the skill to carry any of the services online. I always use to weekends to source for clients to engage my writing services on several freelancing sites, and this will keep me occupied for the coming week and more money to my account.

What can you do?

How can you achieve it?

Answer these questions, and you are good to go.

Have you always wasted your weekends by engaging in non-profitable things? You need a review and get started with doing things that would count in years to come.

What do you think? Complete the number 5 and let’s know things you do during your weekend that you consider profitable.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/productive-things-nigerian-graduates-do-during-weekends/

lalasticlala

into you will add online or offline soccer betting. .atleast playing with just 4 or 5 sure odds with N500 will give u fuel money or weekend money as you put it.....
www.valentine202.com
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 31, 2017
Okay..That's cool but side hustle as a student during weekend isn't easy. How do you read, and do other things??

How I Earned $20,000 Online In A Month Doing Nothing
http://www.mazinoweb.com/2016/11/how-i-earned-20000-online-in-month.html
Re: 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends by alienvirus: 7:38am On Oct 31, 2017
Nairalanding

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Profitability Of A Keke Napep On A Hire Purchase / Recruitment At Nigerian Stock Exchange 2016 / Federal University Of Technology Minna Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.