Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (54554 Views)

Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" / "It Pays To Pay Your Tithe" - D'banj Stands With The "Sheeple" / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 14, 2017
Zeydah:
what belongs to God is what that man has already did...stop enriching your pastors...they are rich through your own hardwork...and they'll just be there brainwashing you #smh
when you give to the poor poor you have a reward, when you give to the men of God, you also have a reward, understand that and don't let your your blessings elude you, when the chances comes up.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by An2elect2(f): 8:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
GrandMufti:
Even Jesus paid tithe

Matthew 17:24-27
Even Sunday school kids know its tax not tithe. This ignorance should scare you into opening your Bible from henceforth but I know how proud and deceitful a man's heart is, Ikr!

4 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by An2elect2(f): 8:30pm On Oct 14, 2017
Tosinex:
stay on your lane.. I don't buy your trash, neither do I trade with your hypocrisy.
You need mercy but you want your pride instead, you will choke.

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
An2elect2:
You need mercy but you want your pride instead, you will choke.
lolzz, you say am proud, I can see you are blind, and you don't know how much your haughtiness stinks from there, I need mercy and I received it, you need wisdom but your too blind and arrogant to see it. And next time write properly and don't be in a hurry to die.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by AlanSugar(m): 8:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
Tosinex:
go and brush up your dilapidated English and rewrite that trash you put up there, then I can have an educated dialogue with you

I simply pity you. You seem more foolish than you sound. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 14, 2017
AlanSugar:

I simply pity you. You seem more foolish than you sound. Sorry.
lolzz, a simple correction aggravate a fool, pity yourself.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by An2elect2(f): 8:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
Evil generation! cursed people! You dare equate the all Sovereign God to man who collects bribe! In your wicked imaginations God might overlook your lust and depraved inclinations because you paid a man a tenth of your income.

Woeful generation! How can you blatantly reject and ignore the truth and think you would escape the coming wrath of God? There is no such thing as mere ignorance before God anymore. As long as you know what's right and wrong in a human sense you, you can only be willfully ignorant when it comes to the truth of the scriptures!

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by mechanics(m): 8:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
Is okay, but tithe is part of the teachings of Christ, it should be channelled into the church you worship, anything aside that is against the teachings of the Bible. if those pastors uses the tithes we give to the church to buy private jets, leave them for God to judge, one can also assist the poor and needy aside giving of tithes.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 14, 2017
mccoy47:
(Matthew 25:40 KJV) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
A statement by Jesus himself.

Feeding, clothing, sheltering and helping the poor/needy IS GIVING TO GOD! Which is paying your tithe!

Giving to the poor is giving to the Lord. Proverbs 19 verse 17 says he who is kind to the poor lend unto the Lord

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by akeensbussy(m): 8:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
deebrain:
Hypocrite.

All these people sha......

You can confidently pay your tithe to the jet flying pastor and still do all these.

Stop thinking its tithe that makes a pastor rich. It's personal money given to him because you believe in his messages or ministrations.

Idiots.

look at this...why would u give money to a pastor because u believe in his message? does pastors have message of his own...is this not the same bible he is preaching from. why should I give him money for telling me that God loves me, that I should accept Christ...what has he done that will warrant giving him money. for what purpose?

I still can't wrap my head up with this giving pastor money for believing in his message.. The word of God is yeah and Amen...What is special in what the pastor is doing...besides, who made him pastor? just came out from thin air and said he is a pastor and you believed him and give him money for telling you what is in your bible. I don't get this.

is Christianity a one man show...You only give pastor only....what about choir, ushers, Deacons, instrumentalist. and other vital people in the church who are also ministers.

it is now obvious....

Truly, Religion is a scam...
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
mechanics:
Is okay, but tithe is part of the teachings of Christ, it should be channelled into the church you worship, anything aside that is against the teachings of the Bible. if those pastors uses the tithes we give to the church to buy private jets, leave them for God to judge, one can also assist the poor and needy aside giving of tithes.

Christ never taught about tithe. He only spoke about giving. He said it must be done cheerfully & not out of necessity. Your left hand must know what your right hand is doing. He also taught us that it is more blessed to give than to receive. In fact he said a remorseful & repentant sinner is better than a boastful tither before God.

In fact in old testament , the tithe is not only for priest, widows & orphans are also to benefit from it.

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by bibe(m): 9:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
An2elect2:
Can you do us a favour and stop calling yourself a Christian pls? This would make things easier for people who are truly seeking God. At least they know where not to go

I simply ignored him. Anyone that resorts to insult to a simple question deserves silence.

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by An2elect2(f): 9:30pm On Oct 14, 2017
bibe:

I simply ignored him. Anyone that resorts to insult to a simple question deserves silence.
Way to go!
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by mechanics(m): 9:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
babaolofin:

Christ never taught about tithe. He only spoke about giving. He said it must be done cheerfully & not out of necessity. Your left hand must know what your right hand is doing. He also taught us that it is more blessed to give than to receive. In fact he said a remorseful & repentant sinner is better than a boastful tither before God.

In fact in old testament , the tithe is not only for priest, widows & orphans are also to benefit from it.
will post some Bible passage about tithes later, won't argue with you.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
Abjects gathered themselves together against me, giving themselves hypocritical likes... But I, I have put my trust in the Lord and I'm like Mount Zion, I stand unmovable and laugh at their foolishness for they shall be disgraced and paraded with workers of iniquity.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by brojoshua: 9:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
The weak scammers and schemers will always fall only into the hand of the general scammer and schemer. And the waster will never allow the wasted ones to ever do good. And the prisoners of the imprisoned one will never be let go to do any good and the deceivers are taken by their evil desires.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by surebros: 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2017
or you can bring ur tithes to me at no. 4 ....
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Uhomanbulus110(f): 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2017
Let God judge
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Wolexyoshi(m): 10:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
Nice one Mr. But don't be suprise when the old woman finally dies and you see her children claiming the property without shame.

I'm just saying!
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by sympathy55(m): 10:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
There is no need wasting much time on this tithe issue. The bible said 10% of your income, it is a command from God and we must do it in other not to offend him. If you don't pay your tithe it means you have stollen from God and he will surely punish such person. Op is just wasting his time, he knows the truth but he decided to deceive others.Tithe is for God only you don't have the right to judge any pastor, the only business you have is to pay the tithe and move on, forget about who uses it because God noticed you have paid. Op change your ways ok
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by sympathy55(m): 10:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
[quote author=mechanics post=61427621] will post some Bible passage about tithes later, won't argue with you. [/This is what he needs, MALACHI 3 vs 6-12]
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Topgainer: 10:46pm On Oct 14, 2017
sympathy55:
There is no need wasting much time on this tithe issue. The bible said 10% of your income, it is a command from God and we must do it in other not to offend him. If you don't pay your tithe it means you have stollen from God and he will surely punish such person. Op is just wasting his time, he knows the truth but he decided to deceive others.Tithe is for God only you don't have the right to judge any pastor, the only business you have is to pay the tithe and move on, forget about who uses it because God noticed you have paid. Op change your ways ok
grin grin
Pastor the Pastor! Don't worry tomorrow he will submit the 10% and I believe it will be substantial enough to get Mummy Mama a grade Lexus SUV.
Don't forget to tell him about his journey to Hell should he fail to bring 10% of his weekly income that he stole from the gods. It appears Malachi 3:7-10 is not working again on the people. Can you imagine the audacity to build a house for the poor with the gods of men money.
I think Hell should make him afraid and force him to obey tithe law. Above all, you may need to show him where the tithe law was given to Christians, where Jesus took tithes, where Peter and Paul gave paid tithe.

sympathy55:
will post some Bible passage about tithes later, This is what he needs, MALACHI 3 vs 6-12
grin
Include Deuteronomy 14, 26 in the Bibles passages you will use to bomb him to position. There it was explained how Christians should tithe, like taking it to the Levites every farming season while the Levites take their part to the temple once in 3 years.
He must pay, he is a big fish.

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Danyl(m): 11:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
radiokilla:
I know some will find it funny, but since I started giving to an orphanage my life has improved for good both financially and otherwise.

Since I started giving mine to a missionary and orphanage s, God has been wonderful my brother, when I was paying it to my church, I don't see anything o.. I no go lie but I perceived God telling me where to put it.

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by MEILYN(m): 11:56pm On Oct 14, 2017
horia:
Tithe is not charity to God it's a command. What It's used for is not your business. Just obey and if what THEY do is wrong, judgment is God's business not yours undecided

Fool! That's why Nigeria is next to hell. We should get rid of people like you from our society, you are a disgrace and a failure to intelligent people. Bro, don't let me swear for you today oo.

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by MEILYN(m): 11:58pm On Oct 14, 2017
winternationals:

my pastor need not my money, I pay to God and am fulfilled, I am experiencing open heaven, am experiencing abundant blessing

you do both together , giving to the needy and paying your title

not paying title is tantamount to stinginess

Ladies if your guy doesn't pay title run for your life

have come to discover that paying title simply portrait you as a disciplined person
Bullshit! You sound like a Pastor or someone related to a pastor. We all know your source of income will be taken away if Nigerians understand that tithing is a scam.

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by makky555(f): 12:26am On Oct 15, 2017
Awoofawo:
Badl Belle gal! Dem go catch you one day...you go see haleyuhal in three color for your body!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

angry angry angry angry
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by makky555(f): 12:31am On Oct 15, 2017
MEILYN:
Bullshit! You sound like a Pastor or someone related to a pastor. We all know your source of income will be taken away if Nigerians understand that tithing is a scam.

Dude I'm neither... I'm sure the "comforter" you were referring to in your profile is telling you that pastors deserve to suffer...

Better erase that mentality from you mind
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by makky555(f): 12:37am On Oct 15, 2017
Sermwell:

If blessing is naturally attached to giving, why should I pay tithe when I will still be blessed by my giving?? Please tell me!

Like I said.... Give Caesar his share and give God what belongs to Him.... No body said you should goan carry all your money and give to a pastor in d name of tithe

You earn 100 naira you give God 10naira simple
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by chiteny(m): 1:02am On Oct 15, 2017
GrandMufti:
Even Jesus paid tithe

Matthew 17:24-27

Please be illuminated. "Temple Tax" here does not refer to the tithe as commanded by God to the Israelites.

24 When they had come to Capernaum,[a] those who received the temple tax came to Peter and said, “Does your Teacher not pay the temple tax?”

25 He said, “Yes.”

And when he had come into the house, Jesus anticipated him, saying, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do the kings of the earth take customs or taxes, from their sons or from strangers?”

26 Peter said to Him, “From strangers.”

Jesus said to him, “Then the sons are free. 27 Nevertheless, lest we offend them, go to the sea, cast in a hook, and take the fish that comes up first. And when you have opened its mouth, you will find a piece of money;[b] take that and give it to them for Me and you.”

Consider the highlighted sections. This was a government collection. Note also that this was not the pattern of tithe payment as instructed by God to them as tithing did not require payment with money.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by chiteny(m): 1:13am On Oct 15, 2017
sympathy55:

Just a question sir. If you have N10,000 as the only money you can "give out" having spent every other dime for family needs, would you rather give this sum as a tithe (being the on tenth of your income) or you would use it to rescue a poor dying neighbor (probably rushed to the hospital for emergency or does not have any food to eat)?

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by cinoedhunter: 2:03am On Oct 15, 2017
mccoy47:
(Matthew 25:40 KJV) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
A statement by Jesus himself.

Feeding, clothing, sheltering and helping the poor/needy IS GIVING TO GOD! Which is paying your tithe!
Oga, from ur comment, u don't understand tithing. U're free to do whatever u want to with ur money. Tithing doesn't stop u from helping the poor. It's just a matter of priority. What the MOG do with the tithes is really not our business. Obey God and let God be the Judge.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by flashmax(f): 2:19am On Oct 15, 2017
Goodness shall follow him.
thats how the thing goes!
Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman On His Way To DSS Headquarters In Abuja (Photos) / MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum / Never Skip These Before You Marry As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.