Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,978 members, 7,799,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) (20687 Views)

The Experience Gospel Concert 2022 Holds In Lagos Today / Anambra’s Largest Gospel Music Fiesta, 'Expression' Holds In Awka(photos) / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 9:30pm On Oct 14, 2017
Alexandro15:

One of the greatest mistake of Pentecostalism is to try to separate the divinity from the humanity of Christ while he was on earth. Jesus was fully GOD and fully MAN. United in the one person of Jesus are these two natures. In this sense, Mart is the mother of Jesus who is God so she is the Mother of God.
Thus, I echo what the Early church fathers in the year 431 at Ephesus declared: "according to his divinity, born of his Father before all ages, according to his humanity, born of the virgin Mary for us and for our salvation, a union was made of these two natures...in accord with this understanding of the unconfused union, we confess that the holy virgin is the Mother of God..."

There, you have seen it. As early as 431 the early church has already confessed to this truth.

Jesus gave his mother to the church and the church to his mother when he was on the pulpit of the cross. He said " behold your Mother". I don't know about you but I honour my Mother.

As to how many times Jesus mentioned Mary, I think that is besides the point. but so you should know, though the WRITERS mentioned Mary just few times, all of those times have great significant meaning.

Thank you brother.

When did Jesus give his mother to the Church. Please, provide a Bible verse.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
I don't care what people say! I AM A VERY PROUD CATHOLIC.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Alexandro15: 9:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
BluntBoy:

When did Jesus give his mother to the Church. Please, provide a Bible verse.

Of course I will. John 19:26-27
..."Woman this is your son... Son this is your Mother..."

The unusual term "Woman" suggests that the Writer (John himself),sees more in this than the gesture of a dutiful son. It is a declaration that Mary, is the mother of all the faithful, in otherword, the church, and John a direct apostle of Jesus, is the representative of the church

1 Like

Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by stasius: 9:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
Holy Mary mother of God.,
How I so much love you for giving me the opportunity of being ur son and servant!

Our Lady of Fatima pray for us(Nigeria) and the whole world!

1 Like

Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Uhomanbulus110(f): 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
Blessed are you among women
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 10:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
Alexandro15:

Of course I will. John 19:26-27
..."Woman this is your son... Son this is your Mother..."

The unusual term "Woman" suggests that the Writer (John himself),sees note in this than the gesture of a dutiful son. It is a declaration that Mary, is the mother if all the faithful, in otherword, the church, and John a direct apostle of Jesus, is the representative of the church

My God!!!! Who taught you that nonsense?

That verse meant a lot. In the physical context, Jesus was dying and Mary was soon to be bereaved. There was the possibility that Joseph had died at this time and Mary was a poor widow who was soon to lose her son. Jesus handed her care over to this disciple whom he loved. The disciple thereafter took Mary in.

The term "woman" was not unusual in those days.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by freshboi88: 10:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
BluntBoy:

The poor were also called blessed. So, what is your point?

The woman in revelation could have been anything. Schools of thoughts are divided over Mary, the Church or the nations of Israel.

You are obviously very unfamiliar with symbolism. That Child was used does not mean it must mean a single entity.

All generations will call me blessed, I am part of those who have chosen to call her blessed as a fulfilment of that divine statement and prophesy, what is ur problem with that??

Here's were we differ, the church's interpretation and my personal interpretation is the woman is Mary....so what is ur problem with that??
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 10:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
freshboi88:

All generations will call me blessed, I am part of those who have chosen to call her blessed as a fulfilment of that divine statement and prophesy, what is ur problem with that??

Here's were we differ, the church's interpretation and my personal interpretation is the woman is Mary....so what is ur problem with that??

We all call her blessed too but she was and is not the only one blessed. But that blessed is all she gets. We were not told to bow down to her.

Look at these verses:

"While Jesus was saying these things, one of the women in the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, "Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed."

But He said, "On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it."" Luke 11:27-28
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by freshboi88: 10:31pm On Oct 14, 2017
Andy2274:
. No wonder you are bluntboy. So your mother is a vessel that was used to bring you into the world. The only thing that matters to you father is you not your mother. My brother don't because you want to win an argument start saying meaningless things.

The guy no get brain
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 10:36pm On Oct 14, 2017
freshboi88:

The guy no get brain

Well, I expected the insults. It is all because you have no solid scriptural foundation. cheesy

Insults will not help your argument. Prove that bowing down to Mary is scriptural or is expected of us. Prove that Mary can mediate for us.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by freshboi88: 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
BluntBoy:

Well, I expected the insults. It is all because you have no solid scriptural foundation. cheesy

Insults will not help your argument. Prove that bowing down to Mary is scriptural or is expected of us. Prove that Mary can mediate for us.

People believe what they wish is true...so theres no point...I made that statement because u were talking nonsense. This is a thread for catholics.....u were not invited .....so bounce

2 Likes

Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Alexandro15: 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2017
BluntBoy:

My God!!!! Who taught you that nonsense?

That verse meant a lot. In the physical context, Jesus was dying and Mary was soon to be bereaved. There was the possibility that Joseph had died at this time and Mary was a poor widow who was soon to lose her son. Jesus handed her care over to this disciple whom he loved. The disciple thereafter took Mary in.

The term "woman" was not unusual in those days.

First of all, it's not nonsense. Please choose your words carefully.

Thank you for acknowledging that those words mean a lot, in fact lots more than our feeble human understanding can comprehend. Those words Jesus muttered on the wood of the cross is far more than what we can perceive from the superficial, but it signifies that the Motherhood of her who bore Christ finds a continuation in the church and through the church symbolized and represented by John.

I resolved not to engage in these kinds of arguments again. With all respect sir, I will not reply again. It's been nice sharing views with you

1 Like

Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by xavier047: 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2017
NabeelAbu:
worshipped idols.
If you mean our Lady, we dey worship am wella in quantity.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 10:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
Andy2274:
. No wonder you are bluntboy. So your mother is a vessel that was used to bring you into the world. The only thing that matters to you father is you not your mother. My brother don't because you want to win an argument start saying meaningless things.

cheesy I am a human being. You can't compare my story with that of Christ. So, boy, you made a foolish comment.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 10:43pm On Oct 14, 2017
Alexandro15:

First of all, it's not nonsense. Please choose your words carefully.

Thank you for acknowledging that those words mean a lot, in fact lots more than our feeble human understanding can comprehend. Those words Jesus muttered on the wood of the cross is far more than what we can perceive from the superficial, but it signifies that the Motherhood of her who bore Christ finds a continuation in the church and through the church symbolized and represented by John.

Bro, there is no way you can prove that bowing down to Mary is Biblical. I repeat that every argument in that light is absolute nonsense.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by nairanaira12: 10:54pm On Oct 14, 2017
BluntBoy:
nairanaira12, according to you, Mary was preplanned and that elevates her beyond being a vessel.

Was Judas preplanned? Think before answering this question or you may just end up shooting yourself in the foot.

I won't answer you anymore. You remind me of the Pharisees. Their intention is not to learn, but to find fault. I will respond only to those who need genuine knowledge and have desire to learn. Nothing I say will change your belief. Even if I prove this to you, you won't believe. You will still hold on to your ways. I have no interest in all these back and forth questions and answers. I will continue in my belief and you can continue in your unbelief. It is your choice. Continue doing what you think will take you to heaven, and I will continue doing what I think will take me to heaven. On the last day, God will decide between us whom among us was doing His Holy Will.

Instead of wasting your time in bringing other churches down because you belief your church is better than them, don't you think you will be wiser to focus on your own salvation? The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by xavier047: 10:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
BluntBoy:

And if we prove, does it change how you see things about the Church or perhaps you will try to spring some other issues to trash about.... You who know more than billions of Catholics around the world i believe shouldn't waste breath or data trying to prove the depth of your scriptural prowess to us. So note this, for no just reason, scriptural or not, we have chosen to worship, adore, venerate and sing her praises all days of our lives.
Yes you read right, WORSHIP her, my brother go look for another matter discuss abeg
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by nairanaira12: 10:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
BluntBoy:

Insult will not help you cheesy

How does Mary's confirmation of joy at the prospect of giving birth to the savior elevate Mary to the status of a God that must be bowed down to?

You don't deserve any response anymore. Your church is better, right? Good. God will decide on the last day if you are doing his will or not. If you have any sense, you will focus on working on your salvation and making sure your name is actually written in the book of life. But if you still want to remain a fool, kindly focus on bringing catholic church down. It is your personal choice, and you will give account in heaven. Good bye.

1 Like

Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by nairanaira12: 10:59pm On Oct 14, 2017
BluntBoy:

Mr Man, keep your idolatry to yourself. You want to use preplan as a tool to push your argument in favour of your unbiblical act of bowing down to Mary and I decided to use that preplan to rubbish your point. Was Judas preplanned to betray Jesus?

Yes, I am into idolatry, are you happy now? And I'm sure your yapping this night against the catholic church has secured you a place in heaven. Fool.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Guyman02: 11:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
NabeelAbu:
worshipped idols.

As a Muslim you have accepted to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior before typing this comment
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Uzr1(m): 1:23am On Oct 15, 2017
velai:
The truth is bitter. But accept it.

Will u keep KwaYet....
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by popsyleo1: 4:10am On Oct 15, 2017
She is my mother
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Andy2274: 7:21am On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:
nairanaira12, according to you, Mary was preplanned and that elevates her beyond being a vessel.

Was Judas preplanned? Think before answering this question or you may just end up shooting yourself in the foot.
. This man don't go and kill yourself because of this issue oooo. Because no matter your argument you cannot win any soul here. Why are you taking it soooo personal. You have refused to sleep because of this topic. No give yourself high blood pressure oo. If you are an upcoming pastor and you need members carry megaphone go street and preach the word of God because even if you die on this issue you will not win any Catholic Soul here......because

2 Likes

Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Mpanyi: 7:30am On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

Prove! Prove! Prove your group is from God, that it your church cum group is not one of those that tries make nonsense of Jesus's prayer to His father that his appostles and those that will believe in Him through them may be one. Ok finally, prove there is a God.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 8:43am On Oct 15, 2017
Mpanyi:

Prove! Prove! Prove your group is from God, that it your church cum group is not one of those that tries make nonsense of Jesus's prayer to His father that his appostles and those that will believe in Him through them may be one. Ok finally, prove there is a God.

I am not here to prove which denomination is the best. I am here to call out evil doctrines that have permeated the Church of our Lord. If you people do not stop bowing down to idols, you will go to hell. I don't want you to go to hell. I love all of you. Christ wants us to love one another, even as God has loved us. Why bow down to images when God is clearly against it? Why? I will be failing in my duty as a Christian if I see a fellow Christian treading the path of destruction and look away as though it doesn't concern me.

Please, don't let the tradition of men make you miss eternal life.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Cuteimma1(m): 9:01am On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

I am not here to prove which denomination is the best. I am here to call out evil doctrines that have permeated the Church of our Lord. If you people do not stop bowing down to idols, you will go to hell. I don't want you to go to hell. I love all of you. Christ wants us to love one another, even as God has loved us. Why bow down to images when God is clearly against it? Why? I will be failing in my duty as a Christian if I see a fellow Christian treading the path of destruction and look away as though it doesn't concern me.

What is this saying? are you sure you are even going to heaven?
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 9:01am On Oct 15, 2017
Andy2274:
. This man don't go and kill yourself because of this issue oooo. Because no matter your argument you cannot win any soul here. Why are you taking it soooo personal. You have refused to sleep because of this topic. No give yourself high blood pressure oo. If you are an upcoming pastor and you need members carry megaphone go street and preach the word of God because even if you die on this issue you will not win any Catholic Soul here......because

Bro, I believe I can win souls. Muslims, Catholics, pastor worshippers and lazy Christians are those I will strive to convert. Please, if you don't want to be saved, fine, but don't use your own to block others from seeing the Light of His Goodness. If you want to continue in your idolatry, then, so be it. But, don't try to stop others from seeing the truth.

The Catholic Church is evil. The only positives are her unrivaled humanitarian works, her Franciscan monks and Pope Francis. I know that Pope Francis knows the truth. In fact, I believe the Catholic Church knows the truth but are keeping it secure in the library in St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City. The Catholic Church may be the richest and most powerful institution in the world but she can never be as powerful as God. When the time comes, the truth would be revealed and the power that your church holds over the world would crumble.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 9:11am On Oct 15, 2017
Cuteimma1:

What is this saying? are you sure you are even going to heaven?
What I am saying is that worshippers of idols need to repent to make heaven.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Mpanyi: 10:02am On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

And what do you know about worshipping, bowing to images and men. You guys fail to understand the spirit of laws and commandments. When Jacob was told his brothers would worship Him and which they later did, did it mean they had really worshipped him as God? I have many examples to give. And you think you could go into the presence of God in the holy of holies without prostrating before the Ark which contained images of heavenly beings. Images they were 'told' not to make at first instance.

Your type woyld have died in the wilderness when snakes were biting Israelites and the wilderness and Moses had to make bronze snake based on God's instruction, claiming God commanded we make no graven image. For images, not only of holy or biblical figures or what or who they represent, they will continue to be respected in one way or another, be it by bowing, genuflection, prostration or whatever.
For your not talking about church reply or something, I was highly disappointed. You shouldn't run away from that. Not that I am going to do anything with that but because yoy somehow brought it up.

1 Like

Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by RayJr: 11:04am On Oct 15, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:
all these Mary worshippers are at it again.

Modified.

All these moro.ns quoting me tho.

I used to be naive like you GUYS before I finally saw the light. Coming from a Catholic family, I know what it means being a Catholic.

No where in the bible were you told to bow down to a graven image of Mary. Stop fooling yourselves in the name of honoring her.

You guys worship Mary. Deal with it.

I guess she also answers your prayers.

Mary pray for me.

As Foolish as your mentality can be,
your so called church doesn't have any problems with idols during Christmas
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by doyinbaby(f): 11:13am On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

Mary is dead, bro. She can't forgive sins. Only Christ can.
gbam.....your head dey there.....Mary is dead and long gone
......don't mind all these deluded Mary worshippers....they are difficult to convince
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 11:16am On Oct 15, 2017
doyinbaby:
gbam.....your head dey there.....Mary is dead and long gone
......don't mind all these deluded Mary worshippers....they are difficult to convince

My sister, these people will worship anything associated with Jesus. Tell them you have pieces from the cross on which Jesus was crucified and they would readily worship it and proclaim it a sacred object. This sort of paganism in Christianity is absolutely embarrassing to say the least.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. / Pastor Oritsejafor Gives Church Members N5m To Start Small Scale Businesses (Pic / Nigerian Christians Protesting In Akure Against Killings In Benue And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.