Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

- Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / (4237 Views)

/ / ££##456&#@@@#£ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by SwayG: 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
ggg
Re: by ndat(m): 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
lab sci tech

1 Like

Re: by abelprice(m): 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2017
SlT or biochemistry...
Re: by younglord11: 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
choose microbiology and tnk me later
Re: by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
My candid advice, leave all those courses na wack. Hvin lots of graduate every year in that discipline and no wia to fix themselves with. Go for a professional course, u can establish on ur own..

2 Likes

Re: by efficiencie(m): 5:21pm On Oct 14, 2017
No! Pick Yoruba grin ...If i were you, I would go and check job sites like hotnigerianjobs and see the pattern and evolution of jobs in that sphere of medical science and see which is holding sway today and forecast which will supply a good amount of jobs! Do your investigations deeply before leaping into a dark vortex looking for a pin...

1 Like

Re: by SwayG: 5:32pm On Oct 14, 2017
ndat:
lab sci tech
pls why should I pick slt ..need reason's.. tnx for the suggestion..
Re: by SwayG: 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
abelprice:
SlT or biochemistry...

pls why should I pick SLT or biochem ..need reason's.. tnx for the suggestion..

1 Like

Re: by SwayG: 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
abelprice:
SlT or biochemistry...

Re: by SwayG: 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
younglord11:
choose microbiology and tnk me later

y should I pick microbiology sir..need reason's
Re: by SwayG: 5:35pm On Oct 14, 2017
EbubeDam:
My candid advice, leave all those courses na wack. Hvin lots of graduate every year in that discipline and no wia to fix themselves with. Go for a professional course, u can establish in ur own..

so u suggest I forfeit the admission?
Re: by SwayG: 5:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
efficiencie:
No! Pick Yoruba grin ...If i were you, I would go and check job sites like www. and see the pattern and evolution of jobs in that sphere of medical science and see which is holding sway today and forecast which will supply a good amount of jobs! Do your investigations deeply before leaping into a dark vortex looking for a pin...

so I should forfeit this admission and strive for medicine or med lab or pharmacy next yr:-
Re: by jaychubi: 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
All those courses are useless

Go for medical lab science, Radiography, pharmacy, dentistry, medicine, nursing if u can gain admission in dt

Go n do IJMB or JUPEB and launch to 2nd yr in these courses

3 Likes

Re: by Olarewajub: 6:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
SwayG:

Can the fellow get you Med Lab sci?
Re: by Oladipo1166(m): 6:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
go for plant biology that is the best for your destiny grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: by SwayG: 6:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
Olarewajub:

Can the fellow get you Med Lab sci?

nope.. embarassed its not really a connection stuff, just what my pume score(64) can buy me..
med lab is 65..

1 Like

Re: by Desmondstanley: 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2017
see list of website that you can get paid for teaching online
http://www.techlabel.ga/online-teaching-jobs-sites-nce-college-students/
Re: by Olarewajub: 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
SwayG:

nope.. embarassed its not really a connection stuff, just what my pume score(64) can buy me..
med lab is 65..

Oh i see. MLS would have been a better choice. I recommend you do JUPEG or Pre degree for Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Radiography or Medical Laboratory Science. These are all professional courses that have good prospects upon graduation. Good luck!
Re: by muller101(m): 7:31pm On Oct 14, 2017
Plant biology
Re: by dammy526: 8:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
Go for biochem,it is still under medicine u can change in 200 level if you want
Re: by dannytoe(m): 8:09pm On Oct 14, 2017
Op let me burst ur bubble small, all those courses you named there are all crap, as they are not valued in nigeria, like others have advised u. go for professional med courses like med lab, nursing, radiography these courses are what spending 5yrs or 6yrs in school, not those craps up there, trust me except you want to be an entrepreneur upon graduation, those courses are crap. i know of plenty graduates of those courses, who are still searching for jobs after like 5yrs after graduating.

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
dammy526:
Go for biochem,it is still under medicine u can change in 200 level if you want
is it that easy, what of if he is prevented from changing or doesnt perform excellently,which is a criteria for everyone who wants to change
Re: by SwayG: 8:37pm On Oct 14, 2017
dannytoe:
Op let me burst ur bubble small, all those courses you named there are all crap, as they are not valued in nigeria, like thers advise you go professional med courses like med lab, nursing, radiography these coursee what spending 5yrs or 6yrs in school, not those craps up there, trust me except you want to be an entrepreneur upon graduation, those courses are crap. i know of plenty graduates of those courses, who are still searching for jobs after like 5yrs after graduating.

wow..5yrs no job?..
I'll strive for med lab next yr wen taking jamb cos age is not on my side anymore (20)..

3 Likes

Re: by dannytoe(m): 8:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
SwayG:

wow..5yrs no job?..
I'll strive for med lab next yr wen taking jamb cos age is not on my side anymore (20)..
am a student also

2 Likes

Re: by dannytoe(m): 8:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
SwayG:

wow..5yrs no job?..
please discard those people telling u to study biochem and transfer to medicine 200L, in uniben you cant transfer to medicine even with best grades in biochem except with connect if not you be rejected and your demprt meant nt accept u again, you can also try relocation but with strong connection, i know people who recolated to mls from agric, last year with connect. Also if u must write jamb next year try to score very high and do well in p-ume as that will boost ur chances with no need for connect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 14, 2017
You want us to help you choose the course you're going to spend the next four or five years studying? Okay.
Re: by CockpitSense: 10:37pm On Oct 14, 2017
jaychubi:
All those courses are useless

Go for medical lab science, Radiography, pharmacy, dentistry, medicine, nursing if u can gain admission in dt

Go n do IJMB or JUPEB and launch to 2nd yr in these courses
do you think it's everyone who can afford it?
Give reasonable advice next time
Re: by mokset123: 12:21am On Oct 15, 2017
SwayG:
I'm at the verge of choosing between these courses..
biochem,
anatomy,
physiology,
microbiology,
plant biology,
science laboratory technology..

I happen to know someone that can place me in any of the courses above in Uniben cos I got 64% in the just concluded post utme examination and I'm having difficulty in picking one..

Help me pick one pls, the best, with reasons...
thanks in advance
Now you have gotten all the advice you need. The only addition is pick any course closest to you desired career path then get admitted (note: this is just to keep you busy for the next 12 months) also they say a bird at hand is worth more than nine in the bush that you don't have. Next year pick jamb form, put all your heart and mind into it and see if you can gain a fresh admission to do any professional course in engineering, medicine, med lab, nursing, pharmacy, radiology

1 Like

Re: by arinzos(m): 12:25am On Oct 15, 2017
I can see you want to be in the medical/health line,if so just follow what those above me have said,go for professional courses like Medicine/Dentistry,Physiotherapy,Radiography,Nursing,Medical Laboratory Science trust me you will have an edge and be better off.biochemistry,microbiology,anatomy are all good but not good enough in our dear country of today.crossing to professional courses after your 1st year is not as easy as it seems.Science Laboratory Technology is the best among those courses you listed.at least SLT will give you a little edge in industries and other work related places.mind you they are also licenced to carryout their job, but do not mistake it for Medical Laboratory Science,your SLT lisence does not cover a Medical laboratory.Goodluck with your choices.

5 Likes

Re: by iremsmith: 12:34am On Oct 15, 2017
Bro. you're right, the program is too expensive and am currently running the program in uniuyo, I know how that have spent...........guy is not easy.

1 Like

Re: by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:17am On Oct 15, 2017
go for SLT. more job opportunity than others
Re: by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 15, 2017
SwayG:

so u suggest I forfeit the adomission?
For me yes, sit back home organise ursef for next jamb. Mind you any course you have started, ego cannot allow you to go pick jamb next year. No regrets! Lot of medical professional course u can go for...

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Your Target In This Jamb? / I Just Saw My 100 Level Cgpa = 4.11 / Solved Further Mathematics Text For Students And University Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.