Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

"How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue (22966 Views)

How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Highly Profitable Talents And How They Work / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 14, 2017
Reading the whole heaven and earth doesn't matter, all that matters is what have you contributed to the world's economy today?
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by octopusfreaky(f): 7:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
I love reading but these days, it is the other way round nasoso boyfriend i dey think about
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Talkwell: 7:35pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hadeehart101:
Lol. Different strokes for different folks.
Maybe it's because I know I can read for like 10 hours straight I stall till its about two days to exam.
But reading for about 5 hours everyday? I'll pass.
Who has that time?

same here,but it's not good at all

I dey try stop sef,cos d exam go con easy and I no go c wetin to write(sometimes even small diagram sef cry
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 14, 2017
roqrules04:
I came here hoping to view the guy that eats 40 leaves exercise book
Hahahahahahaha, me too.
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by 2shure: 7:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
He will soon run mad
Top mch of errthing bad.
Go chec his acct blance.
Na12,752.38 but he go dey spread inside chinco coat/suit
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Boss347(m): 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2017
This one well so? You don read anatomy textbook before?
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Uhomanbulus110(f): 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
Seriou
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by nwadiuko1(m): 8:02pm On Oct 14, 2017
igbohausayoruba:
I been fink say u Go don chop library finish... I no knw say u deh speak literaly.. Add spices next time.
he wasnt actually speaking literally
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Martin0(m): 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
gypsey:
what kinda Rubbish! is this? angry
Myth I believ it ischeesycheesy
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Martin0(m): 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
gypsey:
what kinda Rubbish! is this? angry

I remember how an old school friend told me he will swallow my sim card and excret it out..

Such is life jare...
Warri or Delta man will say=Aa-we le
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by kolladey(m): 8:09pm On Oct 14, 2017
roqrules04:
even I am with more books for him to eat. grin
roqrules04:
even I am with more books for him to eat.
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Thelma1552: 8:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
Congrats bro
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Hadeehart101(f): 8:22pm On Oct 14, 2017
Talkwell:

same here,but it's not good at all

I dey try stop sef,cos d exam go con easy and I no go c wetin to write(sometimes even small diagram sef cry
I'm trying to stop too. But it ain't easy I tell you!
Erm, the part on not knowing what to write, I don't experience such.
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by obatez123: 8:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
In need of cheap and reliable bulksms visit www.smshorizonng.com or call 08030487821
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Martinez19(m): 8:28pm On Oct 14, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Nairalanders run from anything that has to do with reading. See how many "ok" "na wa o" etc you would see on this thread. No meaningful contribution may be said.
see who is talking of meaningful contribution. In the religious section where you are known, do you ever contribute anything meaningful to the topic at hand? See ya mouth like meaningful undecided

2 Likes

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by butterflyl1on: 8:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
Martinez19:
see who is talking of meaningful contribution. In the religious section where you are known, do you ever contribute anything meaningful to the topic at hand? See ya mouth like meaningful undecided

Not gracing your threads in the religious section shows you how shitty your threads are. However a simple check on my history by anyone would blow their mind at what I bring to the table unlike some martini people

1 Like

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
haywire07:
I can't even finish reading the post sef
Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
Martin0:

Myth I believ it ischeesycheesy
it is all in his imaginations grin
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Talkwell: 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hadeehart101:
I'm trying to stop too. But it ain't easy I tell you! Erm, the part on not knowing what to write, I don't experience such.
Nice,so u dey fill your question paper ?
u try, one or 2 questions go de blank for German obj
Life goes on na grin
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by seguno2: 8:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
Rayhandrinni:
hahahahaha who be this one again?

A hustler aka a borderline scammer.
Mugus BEWARE.
419 is real just like HIV/AIDS.

kagari:
This guy just scammed me with the topic
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by emonkey(m): 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2017
JohnspeakU:
HOW I GOT SO ADDICTED TO EATING BOOKS.

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach)

As an undergraduate in AAU, I was more like a late reader, I seldom read until like 3days to exams. But after graduation, I was discussing with a mentor of mine who happens to be a senior lecturer and he said, "Johnspeak, If you want to go far in your career you must be studious".

After that event, I was studying my bible one night and I started feeling dizzy like I always do when studying, but I pressed on. It got to a point my head was moving on its own and then BAM!, it happened. My eyes were opened, dizziness varnished, and I actually read till the next morning. Now, I can read a 20,000 words write up without feeling tired. I was reading Stephen Covey's THE 8th HABIT book that the words started looking familiar, I later remembered that I have read it before and was reading it the 8th time.

I'd read John Maxwell's TALENT IS NEVER ENOUGH book for about 5hours that I forgot I'd a date.

The key to killing dizziness while studying is to press on no matter how you feel.

(c) Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach

This one cracked me up. Your MEMORY is so bad that you didn't know you'd already read a book 7 TIMES until you started reading it for the 8th time !! Guy, where is your next comedy show at ? grin grin grin
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Martin0(m): 8:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
gypsey:
it is all in his imaginations grin
Preciselycheesy
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by AirstarKane(f): 8:59pm On Oct 14, 2017
Finstar:
The key to reading is having that curiosity to know what you have not known. When you're curious about something, sleep or tiredness won't come. You read with enthusiasm.. We only get bored or sleepy when we read in a perfuntury manner, like an obligation.

I read 100,000 words in a day and yet, I keep feeling empty.. The more I try to fill the hole, the deeper it gets.. I'm a literal book worm.
I wish i can do that i am so lazy to read that i only read when i am compelled or need to. For example online My friend says its laziness of the mind. I dont even find anybook interesting and to think i studied education and English languagem it has affected even my conversation i was good with response especially the witty one. I just dont know what to do.
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by inotice: 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2017
[/b]Getting addicted to books doesnt set you apart from the rest;because,any knowledge not used is useless.Reading to understand and reading the right and updated materials corresponding to your fancies and career is what keeps you "afloat" and empowered[b]
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by ponti93(m): 9:02pm On Oct 14, 2017
2shure:
He will soon run mad
Top mch of errthing bad.
Go chec his acct blance.
Na12,752.38 but he go dey spread inside chinco coat/suit
please i dnt want to laf again my stomach is paining me
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by CHAIRMANMAO(m): 9:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
Before opening the thread i was like "the OP na RAT?" Now after reading i dont know which ANIMAL i go call you...
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by cbngov01(m): 9:21pm On Oct 14, 2017
Who is this one again kwa?!...What's our business with how many books u read?!...Who u epp?
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Finstar: 9:25pm On Oct 14, 2017
AirstarKane:

I wish i can do that i am so lazy to read that i only read when i am compelled or need to. For example online My friend says its laziness of the mind. I dont even find anybook interesting and to think i studied education and English languagem it has affected even my conversation i was good with response especially the witty one. I just dont know what to do.

It's not too late.. Just find books that talks about your area of interest. I'm not talking about course textbooks.. I mean, something you like naturally. For me, I love reading anything business, spirituality, science.. In fact, the more I read, the more I develop a new interest. A wise man once said, you must not know everything, but you must know little about everything. My diverse knowledge have really help during conversations and arguments. According to my friends, I have answers to everything lol.. cheesy cheesy Although that's far from the truth.

Grab a book, have an open mind, have that hunger to know and you will become a book worm.. The more you know, the more you'll want to know. I'm who I am today because of the books I read.. In the end, what brings fulfillment is sharing what you know to the world.

3 Likes

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by DanielsParker(m): 9:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
octopusfreaky:
I love reading but these days, it is the other way round nasoso boyfriend i dey think about

Okay, continue.

undecided

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Diso60090(m): 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2017
Make you nor stop ooh because if you stop death fall on you because you are addicted to book book
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by tega10: 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2017
grin grin
CHAIRMANMAO:
Before opening the thread i was like "the OP na RAT?"
Now after reading i dont know which ANIMAL i go call you...
grin
CHAIRMANMAO:
Before opening the thread i was like "the OP na RAT?"
Now after reading i dont know which ANIMAL i go call you...
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by ajog1: 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2017
Finstar:
The key to reading is having that curiosity to know what you have not known. When you're curious about something, sleep or tiredness won't come. You read with enthusiasm.. We only get bored or sleepy when we read in a perfuntury manner, like an obligation.

I read 100,000 words in a day and yet, I keep feeling empty.. The more I try to fill the hole, the deeper it gets.. I'm a literal book worm.
Pretty deep experience of yours you just shared. You have got to have an insatiable curiosity to get to the very end!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Konga Lays Off 10% Of Its Staff / Photos From Skyewise End Of The Year All-White Party / One Month's Notice Or One Month's Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.