Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe (79197 Views)

Did You Know That? Igbo Is Third Largest Ethnic Group In Bioko,equatorial Guinea / Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival / Igbo Speaking Tribe Discovered In Equatorial Guinea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by Ladyjumong(f): 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Yea, I'm aware. Some places also say bia kaa. Ikwerre would say bia paa.

However, the main point now is strengthening our ties between the homeland and those in Bioko. How can we go about it?
my side too, come here is bia kaa

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by melzabull(f): 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
Igbos are indeed a great tribe
op why you dey mention ishilove for here, wetin she Know?

19 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by j1mmy: 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
unfortunately we cannot forget the igbos in Nigeria, if only it was possible!
Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by 1miccza: 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
Praktikals:

MTN: Best connection,everywhere you go
Igbos: Minorities everywhere you go

You need help if your brain constantly tells you that everything should be about tribalism and ethnicism. Are you an adult at all??

23 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by Ladyjumong(f): 3:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
Probz:

That’s right Frankie. God knows if it’s still an official Igbo lect or if it’s to us now what Igala is to Yoruba (after centuries of isolation). Even in Nigeria certain dialects have more proto-Igbo features than others.

F*ck knows if Abakaliki’s more proto-Igbo. Their language genuinely sounds like Somali to me.
so what are you saying
Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by kanayoNickel: 3:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
Praktikals:

Be Sensible....

And if u are still a Child, go and help Mummy in the Kitchen.

12 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by TimeManager(m): 3:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
Praktikals:

You can imagine them opening a thread to gloat over a 33,500 settlers. Lol

kiss the truth!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by kanayoNickel: 3:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ladyjumong:
my side too, come here is bia kaa
In Amawbia, Anambra State you can also get Bia Nkaa or Ikaa

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by tishbite41(m): 3:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
bigfrancis21:

However, the main point now is strengthening our ties between the homeland and those in Bioko. How can we go about it?
the ohaneze should be informed so dat d mainstream Igbo media would harp on it.

10 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by tishbite41(m): 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2017
TimeManager:
You can imagine them opening a thread to gloat over a 33,500 settlers. Lol

kiss the truth!
Afonja, stop masturbating

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by tishbite41(m): 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
Mpesa81:
I I’m from Bioko Island originally but grow up in Spain. I know my people history good and is true that Igbo people live in Bioko but they’re not the first habitan of the island. Bioko first know as Etula Eria is the land of my ancestors the Bööbe tribe know this days as The Bubi people. During the slave trade This Portugal people used our land as a port to introduce a lot of slave from different places to take them to the new world.

Many of this slave they return back to Africa in the period of the abolistion. Wen the Spanish take the island as well bring a lot of slave from Cuba, Enmancipados,Calabar , Sierra Leona, etc krios. So my family is Rio from Sierra Leona mixed with the truly people of Bioko The Bubi people. My mother is from Sierra Leone and my dad y Bubi. I know my Culture very well. The Spanish government it’s made a lot of crime with people that they take over and take them to Bioko and punnish them in the farms and treat them like slaves. The Fangs they’re from the continental island but now they all migrate to our land and force us to the exile. Please is important to understand that The Bubi tribe they’re kind people they loved they land. Thanks
Afonja

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by SonOfmercy007: 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2017
scholes0:
According to wiki

334,463*0.07 = 23,412 Igbos in Bioko Island, circa (2015)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioko

Joshua project on its part says there are 36,000 Igbos in all Equatorial Guinea (Bioko plus the Mainland) in 2017, ranking fourth after Fang (545,000), Bubi/Fernandian (63,000), and Yoruba (72,000)

https://joshuaproject.net/countries/EK

So what is the essence of this now,to start tribal fights here right
Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by tishbite41(m): 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2017
EzeEbira:
You registered to make this comment or what.
na Afonja

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by melzabull(f): 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2017
Oloripelebe:
Let's check the shape of their heads to ascertain grin grin grin
I knew it wouldn't be long before one accursed, WASTEd, coneheaded, tiger-claw face idiot will come and display inbreed stupidty inherent in his people

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by Positivepoint(m): 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
bigfrancis21:

There are other Nigerians (Yorubas, Igbos, Ibibios etc.) living in Equatorial Guinea who are not really considered indigenous per se, but recent immigrants. The Igbo being talked about in the article above are now considered indigenous/native, who migrated to Bioko (from Arochukwu) several decades ago, settled and married local wives (they were mostly men) and settled in Bioko. They are considered as a native ethnic group together with the Bubi and Fang on the Island of Bioko.
guess they migrated during the civil war. I pray they did not carry the drug peddling, rituals, cultism and prostitution in their DNA when they migrated? Just asking

1 Like

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
Wow

This is factual,
During my days in secondary school, when we wrote waec,

Some students from equatorial Guinea came to our school and wrote the waec exams with us,

Luckily, one of my buddies, obiechina, who had stayed in the country in the past, and fluent in Spanish, corroborated this, as a statement of fact, that truly, there were minority Igbos over there,

The students were homely, friendly and smart,few were good with Spanish and English, but obiechina had it good With them interacting in Spanish.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by melzabull(f): 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2017
TimeManager:
[s]You can imagine them opening a thread to gloat over a 33,500 settlers. Lol

kiss the truth![/s]
abobakus are cursed.

They never mind their damn business.

Maybe we Should have opened a thread on SKULLarship tutorial

ezi

24 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by wwwmaster: 3:53pm On Oct 18, 2017
bigfrancis21:
As regards the language, Igbo is a recognized official language in Equatorial Guinea and it has been confirmed that the people still speak the Igbo language which has some form of deviation from the modern Igbo spoken in Nigeria. Some people who have seen them say they say, 'bia ikaa' for 'come here'. Anybody who has been in contact with these people as regards the language?

Finally I think that Igbos of Nigeria do need to reach out to our people in Bioko to re-strengthen our ties and the language.

http://gobiafra.com/t-bioko-independent-movement-by-igbos

cc Probz Ajaanaoka, Redbonesmith, Pazienza, Ishilove, Ngozi123, Cheruv, Ezeagu, Odumchi

Really?
Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by ogwomba(m): 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2017
i believe i will have a half brother or sister because, my dad was there too before coming back to Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by mayorchimex(m): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
Aro-oke-igbo
Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by musa234(m): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
Why are some Tinubu miscreants trying to derail this wonderful thread. Must you guys always bring tribalism into everything? You lots always instigate hatred. It's pathetic

16 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
scholes0:

I heard some igbos migrated to Gabon during the civil war too.
Is it true Omar Bongo is igbo.?

Omar ondimba bongo was was 32 years old wen the biafra war kicked off so he couldn't have been adopted. It's his Adopted son Ali Ondimba bongo that was said to have been adopted.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
bigfrancis21:

The rumors about his Igbo origins are quite strong. It is often said that thousands of Igbo kids were adopted and flown out of Nigeria during the Biafran war and majority of them never came back. Here is what this person had to say about him:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/for-being-born-in-nigeria-bongo-may/

His middle name, ondimba, may have an Igbo meaning if it is truly Igbo, who knows.

It's Ali bongo.
Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
Probz:
Why do people take the time to comment on deep threads to say nonsense?

It's a sign of an illness called Afonjanism.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
illicit:
abeg forget language what this people need is obviously food and empowerment

Afonja sighted.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by melzabull(f): 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
Positivepoint:
guess they migrated during the civil war. I pray they did not carry the drug peddling, rituals, cultism and prostitution in their DNA when they migrated? Just asking
another WASTEd adidas-faced suffersticated conehead
from a region proficient for rituals, incest, fettishness, marital prostitution etc

Funny when a child from SKULLandia kingdom accuses another of ritual.

why not worry instead about retaining your oblong head on your body when next you visit your slums in obomoso and Ogun state?

Better a drug dealer than a human parts dealer

18 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by Amarabae(f): 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
Mpesa81:
I I’m from Bioko Island originally but grow up in Spain. I know my people history good and is true that Igbo people live in Bioko but they’re not the first habitan of the island. Bioko first know as Etula Eria is the land of my ancestors the Bööbe tribe know this days as The Bubi people. During the slave trade This Portugal people used our land as a port to introduce a lot of slave from different places to take them to the new world.

Many of this slave they return back to Africa in the period of the abolistion. Wen the Spanish take the island as well bring a lot of slave from Cuba, Enmancipados,Calabar , Sierra Leona, etc krios. So my family is Rio from Sierra Leona mixed with the truly people of Bioko The Bubi people. My mother is from Sierra Leone and my dad y Bubi. I know my Culture very well. The Spanish government it’s made a lot of crime with people that they take over and take them to Bioko and punnish them in the farms and treat them like slaves. The Fangs they’re from the continental island but now they all migrate to our land and force us to the exile. Please is important to understand that The Bubi tribe they’re kind people they loved they land. Thanks
so you registered this afternoon immediately after this thread was posted and this is your first comment
I smell FRAUD! And an alternative moniker.
How can you be living in Ogbomosho your hometown and be claiming to be from equaitorial guinea?
Fear God o.

22 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2017
bigfrancis21:

The rumors about his Igbo origins are quite strong. It is often said that thousands of Igbo kids were adopted and flown out of Nigeria during the Biafran war and majority of them never came back. Here is what this person had to say about him:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/for-being-born-in-nigeria-bongo-may/

His middle name, ondimba, may have an Igbo meaning if it is truly Igbo, who knows.

I don't think he is Igbo. Which of the Bongo's are we talking about? The elder Bongo is not Igbo because he was already president during the civil war and was born in 1935.
The younger Bongo and now president was born in 1967 I think. He doesn't have the middle name Ondimba. That was his father.
Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2017
Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by Sanctecosma(m): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
bigfrancis21:

How can we go about it? Anam anu!
Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by melzabull(f): 4:08pm On Oct 18, 2017
Amarabae:
so you registered this afternoon immediately after this thread was posted and this is your first comment
How can you be living in Ogbomosho your hometown and be claiming to be from equaitorial guinea?
Fear God o.
Nne his aim is to discredit the news and derail the thread. The fool is probably a slum dweller in one of those numerous slums and shanties in ibadam or obomoso

I get small time for una dis afternoon

abobakus are CURSED

12 Likes

Re: Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
Amarabae:
Fear God o.
my sister this post is full of bigotry and unfair assumptions

What gave the assurance the person you quoted have anything to do with yoruba people

Do you know yoruba is also recognized as official language in other African countries ..so it is not a competition sis

Celebrate your culture

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens / 9 Richest Kings In The History Of Nigeria & How They Enjoy Royal Splendour(pics) / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.