Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest (4503 Views)

Missing Boy On Front Page Found(pic) / Man Bounces Back To Life After Three Days In Morgue (Photo) / One-year-old Survives Seven Days Alone With Dead Grandmother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2010
As his name spells, master Miracle Uche Ndukwe really had a taste of his name when he was rescued from the forest after seven days.

The boy, a pupil of Evangel Model Nursery and Primary School, Akamkpa on the outskirts of Calabar, went missing when he and other classmates went to drink water in a nearby stream.

He alone mysteriously went missing for one week in the virgin Ekong Anaku forest which is inhabited by gorillas and lions.

A search party organised by the school and parents searched in vain in the forest and the party gave up on little Miracle.

However, he was found by a hunter deep in the forest.

“I saw something lying down and I thought it was a lion, but the head did not quite look like that of a lion, as the black hair looked like that of a human being. But I wondered who could that be deep in the forest?” Etcheri Elemi, the hunter narrated to P.M.NEWS.

He said when he went close he recognised the object as a human being.

“The boy was too weak, hunger and cry left him feeling too tired to move. I had to carry him home. It was then I heard that the boy had been missing for seven days.”

The father of the boy, Moses Ndukwe only raised his hands to thank God for the return of his son.

“Whatever I have to say has to be approved by the pastor of Assemblies of God. You can come on Sunday during the thanksgiving service.,” he said.

Police sources said the headmaster and proprietress of the school who were detained in the Akamkpa Divisional Police Station while the boy was in the forest have now been granted bail.

http://thepmnews.com/2010/03/11/missing-boy-found-after-seven-days-in-the-forest
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by Outstrip(f): 8:14pm On Mar 11, 2010
Thank God he made it back home
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 12, 2010
Thank God. grin
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by cureulcer(m): 1:47pm On Mar 12, 2010
When he is strong enough, he should be asked how he got missing. Atleast, to serve as deterent to others.
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by Nobody: 4:05am On Mar 13, 2010
@post
lions in the wild in 9ja?!?!?!?!?!?!?! woah, i guess i am learning more and more from this NL afterall!
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by ayettymama(f): 4:09am On Mar 13, 2010
^ yes there should be lions

otherwise we wouldnt have a yoruba word for it??
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by Nobody: 4:21am On Mar 13, 2010
^^^^ i never knew there were still lions in the wild in 9ja!!!!

btw: there is a french word for lion, that doesnt mean that there is lions in the wild in France!

1 Like

Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by ayettymama(f): 4:25am On Mar 13, 2010
unno the europeans travelled everywhere!!! soo im sure thier words were derived from other languages!

however yoruba is very old and doesnt really have much of an update
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by Nobody: 4:34am On Mar 13, 2010
^^ok thanks for the info.

does anyone out there knows if there are safaris in 9ja, stuff like that in the wild like in kenya/SA'
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by ayettymama(f): 4:39am On Mar 13, 2010
^^ i think so

google it
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by Seun(m): 10:34pm On Mar 13, 2010
Google 'Yankari'
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by asha80(m): 11:08pm On Mar 13, 2010
There are no lions in southern nigeria forests let alone the thick forests in calabar.There is also an igbo word for lions but lions never existed there.I am sure what the meant to write was leopards.
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by marocguy(m): 11:33pm On Mar 13, 2010
Nawa oh. 4 dis our calabar?
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by Amigoz(f): 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2010
Thank God the boy is safe smiley
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by oge4real(f): 11:46pm On Mar 13, 2010
Miracle indeed. I also thank god for the principal who would have been tagged a ritualist if the biy had not returned.
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by mamagee3(f): 11:50pm On Mar 13, 2010
What a miracle!

Thank God for his safe discovery.
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 14, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^ i never knew there were still lions in the wild in 9ja!!!!

btw: there is a french word for lion, that doesnt mean that there is lions in the wild in France!

i was wondering the same thin - when did calabar become savannah grassland
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by latepa(m): 1:56am On Mar 14, 2010
it's good to be back home, says the boy,i think so wink
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by bawomolo(m): 2:11am On Mar 14, 2010
asha 80:

There are no lions in southern nigeria forests let alone the thick forests in calabar.There is also an igbo word for lions but lions never existed there.I am sure what the meant to write was leopards.

i for fear oh, the next thing we know cattle would be grazing in the niger delta.
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by Tuyis: 4:53am On Mar 14, 2010
asha 80:

All these animals were probably hunted to extinction in southern Nigeria. We love bush meat too much grin. I won't be suprised if southern Nigeria had more animals than the serengeti.

Anyway, thank God the boy is safely home.
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 14, 2010
A miracle indeed
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by Chuksaluta(m): 9:03am On Mar 14, 2010
Lucky boy!
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by chelseabmw(m): 9:58am On Mar 14, 2010
ThankGod
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by PurestBoy(m): 10:04am On Mar 14, 2010
How I wish Obasanjo was the one lost in d forest with apes but neva found.
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by 1106: 11:12am On Mar 14, 2010
there are no lions in the entire country

not even gorillas

except king kong (and ive seen it 1ce)
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by obailala(m): 11:20am On Mar 14, 2010
PurestBoy:

How I wish Obasanjo was the one lost in d forest with apes but neva found.

Off course if it were Oby, the hunter would have probably shot him thinking he was an ape  grin grin grin
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by Nescoemmy(m): 11:51am On Mar 14, 2010
obailala:

Off course if it were Oby, the hunter would have probably shot him thinking he was an ape  grin grin grin
Of course
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 14, 2010
Glad the boy was found safe and well.

But lions in the wilds in Nigeria? I never knew they existed. I've always associated lions in Africa more in the East, (Kenya) and a few neighbouring countries.
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by MsTom(f): 12:22pm On Mar 14, 2010
Thank God he was found alive. It is good news.

Lions in Nigeria? Dunno but we have bush meat though lol.
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by MPEROR: 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2010
good news at last from Nigeria.
i have heard of stories of lions in Uyo forest as far back as 60 years ago i guess they all became bush meat and i have seen the skin of one
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2010
MrPrsdent:

As his name spells, master Miracle Uche Ndukwe really had a taste of his name when he was rescued from the forest after seven days.

The boy, a pupil of Evangel Model Nursery and Primary School, Akamkpa on the outskirts of Calabar, went missing when he and other classmates went to drink water in a nearby stream.

He alone mysteriously went missing for one week in the virgin Ekong Anaku forest which is inhabited by gorillas and lions.

A search party organised by the school and parents searched in vain in the forest and the party gave up on little Miracle.

However, he was found by a hunter deep in the forest.

“I saw something lying down and I thought it was a lion, but the head did not quite look like that of a lion, as the black hair looked like that of a human being. But I wondered who could that be deep in the forest?” Etcheri Elemi, the hunter narrated to P.M.NEWS.

He said when he went close he recognised the object as a human being.

“The boy was too weak, hunger and cry left him feeling too tired to move. I had to carry him home. It was then I heard that the boy had been missing for seven days.”

The father of the boy, Moses Ndukwe only raised his hands to thank God for the return of his son.

“Whatever I have to say has to be approved by the pastor of Assemblies of God. You can come on Sunday during the thanksgiving service.,” he said

Police sources said the headmaster and proprietress of the school who were detained in the Akamkpa Divisional Police Station while the boy was in the forest have now been granted bail.

http://thepmnews.com/2010/03/11/missing-boy-found-after-seven-days-in-the-forest
Why would he need approval from a church before he can comment on his son who was lost but found? Does this sound Ok?
Re: Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest by truly: 3:26pm On Mar 14, 2010
@asha80

I am not that sure that assertion is correct. If you have ever listened to hunters in southern Nigeria, you would believe that lions must have existed there. They would tell you about lions, tigers, buffalos, hyenna etc I am not sure that those people just plucked the stories from thin air.

@Ayetty mama
True, Yoruba is old but is being rapidly updated
Egunje came into the lexicon in the 90s
Jeun Soke after 1999
E jesu e mumi came from Kolington in the 80s

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girlfriend VG Smells Like Fish, I Suspect She Cheated / Financial Assistance Needed Urgently / Fear Women (what My Friend Sent Me This Morning)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.