Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1168630 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
Rightymind:

A job. A source of income. I'm a female.

Oh okay but this thread is for U.S Non immigrant visa applicant and people with U.S visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by foliat: 3:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hi everyone, please i need to confirm if i need to fill a new DS-160 since i already applied once last year and was denied. I want to re-apply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:02pm On Mar 22, 2018
foliat:
Hi everyone, please i need to confirm if i need to fill a new DS-160 since i already applied once last year and was denied. I want to re-apply.

Yes you must fill another form for every new application.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 22, 2018
seyewest:

bro pls hw can i get an early date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by pmax(m): 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2018
xwhyz:

Avoid that black american woman she no get joy o. You can always reapply but the first time is always the best time.

Hello people the black American woman you are talking about if she is tall and slim then truly she no get joy.

My F1 interview,

after the long question and answer section,

she maintained eye contact with me for 2mins and said I'm not convinced,

I just don't feel OK to grant you dis visa.

When I said but your reason is not genuine enough she just shout next.

I carry my self go Jare. January 4, 2018 was d day.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mandex11: 4:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by foliat: 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2018
Thanks.

seyewest:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mandex11: 4:35pm On Mar 22, 2018
By the way didn't even quote or mention you this nairaland SHIM, EWU, LIMPING LIZARD. YOU JUST want to be known anuofia the great why you even quote me sef?.

Why didnt you just waka pass as im misleading and you are the ominiknower and im the knowee.
This JUST shows you are a weakling by replying anuofia. You're even the one seeking attention waka pass oga.

Since you be seun mopo come and beat me am in my parlour typing.................. no need for this SHI

herrik066:
Anuofia grin

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2018
chigrad:
Hi all,
Please I need advise to the following questions
1-For someone whose visitor visa will expire August 9,2018, Can the person apply for a renewal visa in the month of April 2018, for a planned trip in August 20th?or is it too early?
2-Is it obligatory to apply through drop box if you had a visa before or can you still apply to the the face to face interview?
3-Is it better aplying as a family?Husband and wife or each apply seperately?Both have been issued visa before seperately before marriage.
4-Couple have a child who was born in the USA, when filling area people travelling with you on the DS160 form , is if advisable to state the child will be travelling with parents as visa is not required or is it not necessary?
Thank you.

1. I honestly think it is not too early to apply in April. I missed a very important official meeting in the US last year because I did not renew (via dropbox) on time (My visa was to expire in November and I applied late September. My passport was returned early October with a note to appear for a face to face interview! I had to book appointment for the interview and the closest available date was in November- a day to my travel date!)

2. No it is not! you can choose to appear for a face to face interview. I wish I had sef
3. That depends on you. Either way is fine
4. Will you be travelling with the child? if Yes, then you should state it as it is the truth.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lowoa: 4:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
Village people @work

pmax:

Hello people the black American woman you are talking about if she is tall and slim then truly she no get joy.

My F1 interview,

after the long question and answer section,

she maintained eye contact with me for 2mins and said I'm not convinced,

I just don't feel OK to grant you dis visa.

When I said but your reason is not genuine enough she just shout next.

I carry my self go Jare. January 4, 2018 was d day.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MadameU: 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hi everyone im new to this thread. i just began reading but i thought to seek info and counsel from folks that may be able to help. i was refused a visa in 2016 while tryiing to renew. At the time the officer refused me because she thought the hospital bill i paid for labour and delivery was low. i had used the Maricopa maternity package which cost 2300 dollars. (i didnt use medicaid) . i hear that some other ladies that had similar issues have been issued. i really dont know who they are and what they did differently that helped turn around their previous refusals.
Now that i intend to renew again please any tips/advice would be super appreciated.Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Osapaul24(m): 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2018
eyinola:
sebi u fill a DHL office close to u in ur form that's whr ur visa in ur passport will be sent to after three business day
Pardon My manners
Do you meanone's can use Dhl as ones mailing address or there is a separate field where one could fill dhl as where one's Visa in one's Passport should be sent to?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 5:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
MadameU:
Hi everyone im new to this thread. i just began reading but i thought to seek info and counsel from folks that may be able to help. i was refused a visa in 2016 while tryiing to renew. At the time the officer refused me because she thought the hospital bill i paid for labour and delivery was low. i had used the Maricopa maternity package which cost 2300 dollars. (i didnt use medicaid) . i hear that some other ladies that had similar issues have been issued. i really dont know who they are and what they did differently that helped turn around their previous refusals.
Now that i intend to renew again please any tips/advice would be super appreciated.Thanks

But are you sure your bill wasn’t low because the package is reimbursed by Medicaid? $2300 for a delivery is way too low. Someone somewhere is carrying the can for the difference.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:54pm On Mar 22, 2018
MadameU:
Have you posted this in the birthing thread? You l get more bites there.
Pele
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 5:56pm On Mar 22, 2018
Osapaul24:

Pardon My manners
Do you meanone's can use Dhl as ones mailing address or there is a separate field where one could fill dhl as where one's Visa in one's Passport should be sent to?
Thanks in anticipation
not as ur mailing address but as a location to pick up ur visa if approved.. It's clearly stated thr
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2018
MadameU:

Apparently, that maternity birthing package that you used was meant for women who can show proof of being full time Maricopa County residents and of which you were not.

You were just an international resident who so happens to stay temporary in the county just for birthing purposes.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Glenlucio: 6:15pm On Mar 22, 2018
I had an interview in u.s embassy March 19 and was denied. please house when next am I suppose to reapply?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Osapaul24(m): 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
eyinola:
not as ur mailing address but as a location to pick up ur visa if approved.. It's clearly stated thr
Noted
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:44pm On Mar 22, 2018
Osapaul24:

Noted,
Thanks a lot
I won't be like the others, whether approved or nah

Great, thumbs up! The right attitude that is.... Best wishes.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:53pm On Mar 22, 2018
chigrad:
Hi all,
Please I need advise to the following questions
1-For someone whose visitor visa will expire August 9,2018, Can the person apply for a renewal visa in the month of April 2018, for a planned trip in August 20th?or is it too early?
2-Is it obligatory to apply through drop box if you had a visa before or can you still apply to the the face to face interview?
3-Is it better aplying as a family?Husband and wife or each apply seperately?Both have been issued visa before seperately before marriage.
4-Couple have a child who was born in the USA, when filling area people travelling with you on the DS160 form , is if advisable to state the child will be travelling with parents as visa is not required or is it not necessary?
Thank you.

1. Not at all

2. Both works

3. Your choice, it works all of the ways you stated

4. Necessary.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to expatiate on how @the bolded became just to be sure if this thread is the best to seek answers or the birthing thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by careerwoman(f): 9:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
seyewest:

Congrats .... This reminded me of my first visit to U.S and when I return to Nigeria and at the Abuja airport, I gave the immigration officer my passport she was stunned that I return after just 10 days from U.S....

Me too.. They looked at me like say I miss road.. smiley
I returned after 9 days..
Same with Canadian trip- 12 days only and visa expired because of school etc. Now, I'm out of school but my work will not allow someone be great.. Crazy working hours for peanuts they pay as salary.. undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MadameU: 10:07pm On Mar 22, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Apparently, that maternity birthing package that you used was meant for women who can show proof of being full time Maricopa County residents and of which you were not.

You were just an international resident who so happens to stay temporary in the county just for birthing purposes.

i assure you your assumptions are false. The maternity package wasnt a discounted service for residents, as i wrote to the hospital and specifically stressed i was an international patient coming in from Nigeria calling in for inquiries.
To have proof of my correspondence i sent emails stating my country of residence and my travel dates.and i do still have copies of those. so i didnt claim residence in any part of the USA.

Thanks for your comments anyways
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MadameU: 10:13pm On Mar 22, 2018
Have you posted this in the birthing thread? You l get more bites there.
Pele.

Thanks dear. I have. How your side lady G?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mrjoshtower: 10:14pm On Mar 22, 2018
seyewest:

Oh okay but this thread is for U.S Non immigrant visa applicant and people with U.S visa.
Bros please I need to drop you a direct mail
Help drop me your mail box
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MadameU: 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2018
[quote author=TWoods post=66066483]

But are you sure your bill wasn’t low because the package is reimbursed by Medicaid? $2300 for a delivery is way too low. Someone somewhere is carrying the can for the difference.

Twoods though it seems quite low; no one anywhere had to bear the difference, after my refusal i thought so, so i began to do further research to find out if there were portions covered by the government or anyone else and how i could pay any difference that there may have been, and the truth is there was no such thing. I inquired from the hospital severally,spoke to everyone i possible could, contacted the AZ debt center and all but have received the same response. i did not use aid,or donations of any kind.
The hospital offered a bundled price for the maternity service at the time for whoever walked and was paying cash before delivery. see links below.

https://www.darkdaily.com/public-hospital-in-phoenix-slashes-patient-self-pay-prices-by-50-to-increase-hospital-price-transparency-623
http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20140426/magazine/304269995
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by olagamalin(m): 10:23pm On Mar 22, 2018
Aroka:
Good morning good people.

I'm planning to attend my cousin's graduation ceremony at the us university of wisconsin madison in may, i have never travelled out of my country and i have a virgin passport. i mean i'm green. i have been invited by the university on behalf of my cousin. what are my chances getting a visa.. and what are some of the VO's questions i should be prepared to answer?

Bro.. What's the status on your application. I'm facing a similar issue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ak22(m): 11:37pm On Mar 22, 2018
Oluchijiv:
Yes i am back...and like i promised i was gonna share my testimony here...my able gurus, @seyewest@yankeejjc@sugah...and all those that approved my visa even b4 i went for the interview...below is my transcript

Windows 7 VO...
VO: gdmorning ma, passport please?
Myself: gdmorning to u too sir, here it is
VO: where are you going to?
Myself: Orlando flourida
VO: to do what?
Myself : for a vacation with my family(husband and daughter)
VO: how long would u be travelling for?
Myself: a period of 2weeks
VO: does ur husband and daughter have visas
Myself: they are british passport holders sir and hence do not need visa to travel to d us, i also have their passports here with me ( bringing d passports out) would u like to see them?
VO: yes! just ur husbands own
Myself: gave him d passport
VO: how did ur husband get his passport?(crosschecking on his computer)
Myself: i tink he got it by...
VO: does he reside in d Uk?
Myself: no, he is resident here in nigeria, we live together
VO: how come he is in nigeria without a nigerian Visa
Myself: he doesnt need a visa to be in nigeria
VO: yes ofcourse he does need a visa
Myself: (i then brought out his nigerian passport n showed him) he has a nigerian passport
VO: oh! He is a dual citizen
Myself: yes please
VO: what do u do for ...( place of work)
Myself: i am an...and i am incharge of...
VO: alright, have u travelled outside the country b4?
Myself: yes, UAE with hubby and Netherlands with our daughter
VO: how come u went to armsterdam with a schenghei visa
Mysef: the visa covers that territory as well
VO: no it does not...
Myself: sure it does
VO: it only covers france and spain which u also need some form of visa entry too
Mysef : it does sir, we arrived Armsterdam and we also visited Rotterdam with d same visa
VO: give me a moment please...steps out for about 2mins with my passport perhaps to confirm if wat i was saying was true from his colleagues...returns...drops my passport and says where and where did u say u've travelled to again?
Myself; UAE and Netherlands sir
VO: drops my passport and says i'll be approving ur visa...and picks up d white slip, kindly go to dis( circles an address on it) place to pick up ur passport as we'll inform u wen its ready
Myself, recieves my white paper with a smile and said thank u
VO: have a nice day
Mysef: u too sir

And dats how it all went down o...no other document was checked asides d passports...I really dont know how to tnk God o...He was just so gracious to me, cos i dont know where i got d boldness to defend my travel history n my husbands passport...all glory goes to Him...tnx @sugah for d confidence boost, tnx @yankeejjc n seyewest u guys are real gurus...and all d interview poster...i picked some stuffs from ur posts too

Key points:*first i'll advice u pray for God's grace n favour... dat was mostly wat i was doing silently while i stood in d queue *be optimistic, dont be intimidated by d crowd n d blue papers flying around
*about 5ppl in front of me got blue papers (refusal)from ds same guy dat i got
White(approval)paper from, so be confident both in ur response n be genuine * make sure u remember all u filled in ur form n prepare well for any possible questions b4 going cos they can pick a question for u from any where...tnx again guys, am grateful... grin grin grin grin

Congratulations but you have good travel history and you are very bold

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oluchijiv: 12:31am On Mar 23, 2018
ak22:

grin grin tnx somuch Ak22

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oluchijiv: 12:33am On Mar 23, 2018
ak22:

grin grin tnx somuch @Ak22...it was God o

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hardeyeanc(m): 1:25am On Mar 23, 2018
For family of 4 that intends to travel for a vacation with his family won't it be like he (the man) is travelling with his ties since "children" is part of ties u mentioned
KaptainAfrika:
Best to always consider your ties.
- marital status
- children
- length at work place
- finances

***if the above is STRONG, travel history may be negligible.
***reasonable purpose of going to the US, sustainable by finances.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 7:54am On Mar 23, 2018
A father and mother and two kids. That's true though.
But if the family have a good travel history, or a good financial standing or both, then they maybe they can be given a visa.
In my opinion, another important factor in this interview, is the purpose of the trip. Why go for wedding anniversary with all your family, why not a family vacation?

hardeyeanc:
For family of 4 that intends to travel for a vacation with his family won't it be like he (the man) is travelling with his ties since "children" is part of ties u mentioned
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Osapaul24(m): 8:12am On Mar 23, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Great, thumbs up! The right attitude that is.... Best wishes.
Thanks a lot @OmoBendel24

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.