Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170120 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by nzube89(m): 7:32pm On Mar 24, 2018
House please when is the next available date for appointment in Lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aviator111(m): 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2018
Happy birthday sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:01pm On Mar 24, 2018
Ehe sef Seye did you say you are creating a gofundme account? grin
Mbok where is it? Lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 8:03pm On Mar 24, 2018
Femidrummer:
Good Morning NL. Can i go to the US embassy on the interview date with my old passport because i booked an appointment with the passport number and now i have a new passport with same data information .
The passport number on your ds160 form has to be the same with that on your appointment. The old passport number is no longer valid and as such should not be used except where previous passport number is required
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:05pm On Mar 24, 2018
Temmyfat:
Good day I have being reading all post here but I want to ask if I have apply with my real name before and I went to Canada to apply with another name and now I want to apply with my real name again at USA embassy hope they will not know I have apply in Canada with another name

Nawa oooooo and how do you want us to know what to say to this... your case is unique.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 8:06pm On Mar 24, 2018
opeoluwa20:
Pls i house i filled and submitted my ds160 form and also booked appointment but i observed an error in my passport number instead of 0 i typed O, so i called the embassy and i was told to explained to the lady that picked my call she said that on the day of the interview i should just explain to the vo and it will ne fine. I hope it all good .or is there any other way out
I will suggest you fill a new ds160 if there is still time before your interview date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by opeoluwa20(m): 8:09pm On Mar 24, 2018
There is no time the interview is scheduled for 5th of june any other time is above that time and i plan departing on the 9th of june
Pesuzok:

I will suggest you fill a new ds160 if there is still time before your interview date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2018
opeoluwa20:
There is no time the interview is scheduled for 5th of june any other time is above that time and i plan departing on the 9th of june

That's more than enough time, but you seem not to have gotten what was being suggested to you. Log into your profile on the CGI portal and do them a mail concerning this via the "Send Feedback" option, upload the data page alongside, you should be fine.... I also think you can go in with it as is though, but leave nothing to assumption, have it satisfactorily ironed out.

@Femidrummer; do the same thing (even though I also don't think you have an issue at hand, as long as you are attending the interview with both passports, your challenge should be fixed either at intake or by the interviewing VO), only ensure you send in the data page of both passports alongside the letter....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 8:23pm On Mar 24, 2018
Pesuzok:

The passport number on your ds160 form has to be the same with that on your appointment. The old passport number is no longer valid and as such should not be used except where previous passport number is required
it does not matter, he can just explain he booked his appointment with his old passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:29pm On Mar 24, 2018
OmoBendel24:

My guy, you dey scare me oh! You cancelled appointment and rescheduled just to update your DS160 form number? Why? And you have been on this thread? May I then ask, why then we're you not allowed to have your interview on the day of that your appointment? And now you are also not knowing how to update your DS160 number without rescheduling? I'm thinking you likely pop in and out here maybe for specific purposes which excludes actually following the thread, just wondering because you are on almost every page of this thread since you joined!

Your questions are quite just too shocking coming from you.

Your brain is working bro.... he's just like that Jehovah witness guy (The one with christian friend) grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 8:42pm On Mar 24, 2018
seyewest:

Your brain is working bro.... he's just like that Jehovah witness guy (The one with christian friend) grin grin grin
Lol, JWtheology, I think was his moniker
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by opeoluwa20(m): 8:56pm On Mar 24, 2018
Thanks boss,am sorry to ask what will reason for my feedback and what will be the content of my message . I thought of rescheduling but i dont want to have issues with different barcode and since the lady said there wont be an issue after explaining to the vo prior to my interview that why i laid back but i dont mind if there is a way out before i go for theinterview
OmoBendel24:

That's more than enough time, but you seem not to have gotten what was being suggested to you. Log into your profile on the CGI portal and do them a mail concerning this via the "Send Feedback" option, upload the data page alongside, you should be fine.... I also think you can go in with it as is though, but leave nothing to assumption, have it satisfactorily ironed out.

@Femidrummer; do the same thing (even though I also don't think you have an issue at hand, as long as you are attending the interview with both passports, your challenge should be fixed either at intake or by the interviewing VO), only ensure you send in the data page of both passports alongside the letter....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NanaOne1: 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2018
NanaOne1:
Hello Gurus in the house,

Please which which visa type should someone going for his graduation select?

Thanks

Hello Gurus,
Kindly address my problem for me. Please for graduation what should I select
1. BUSINESS & TOURISM(TEMPORARY VISA) (B1/B2)
2. BUSINESS/CONFERENCE (B1)

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:13pm On Mar 24, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
Ehe sef Seye did you say you are creating a gofundme account? grin
Mbok where is it? Lol

I'm planning to include myself ooooo grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:19pm On Mar 24, 2018
Pesuzok:

Lol, JWtheology, I think was his moniker
Your brain is on point.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:10pm On Mar 24, 2018
seyewest:

Lolz! That one na my real guy oh.... Na Tanzania he come dey shoot from the other day abi where again? Dude sure will return with a big bang.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 10:18pm On Mar 24, 2018
Temmyfat:
Good day I have being reading all post here but I want to ask if I have apply with my real name before and I went to Canada to apply with another name and now I want to apply with my real name again at USA embassy hope they will not know I have apply in Canada with another name
no one knows ma/sir, they "might" not know since it's same name in record, but i think u might dig everything out yourself with "lost passport" "how it got missing" and the "change of name declaration" everything join. The name u changed from will be recorded and your Canada denial might show tho. first time seeing Canada vs U.S
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:25pm On Mar 24, 2018
NanaOne1:

Hello Gurus,
Kindly address my problem for me. Please for graduation what should I select
1. BUSINESS & TOURISM(TEMPORARY VISA) (B1/B2)
2. BUSINESS/CONFERENCE (B1)

Thank you

1. B1/B2.... That should be ABJ booking, abi?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rol3nd: 12:11am On Mar 25, 2018
hi guys,

Please anyone know how to change appointment date or refresh as i would like to have my interview before visiting Russia in May, First Available Appointment Is Thursday June 21, 2018, Pls advice??

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluwa234: 1:58am On Mar 25, 2018
Hello All,

Please i am hoping someone can help guide me. I am trying to renew my daughters' visa. Unfortunately i cannot remember the password to the previous account. I have clicked the repeated password link severally to no avail as i have still not received a link to help reset my password. I am sure of the email address linked to the account as i have confirmed this from a copy of the previous application form. Does anyone have an idea of what i can do?
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 4:14am On Mar 25, 2018
Hey guys i was directed to come here and talk to vo. Who in here is the vo?

Anyway im very excited. My girlfriend wants me to come visit in chicago and she wants to sponsor me. We will come back together and then she will return home. She has dated Nigerian before but never been here and she is getting divorced next month. Where do i start? I told somebody im going to buy ticket and take with me to embassy with passport to stamp visa but they said its more involved than that. Ive travelled abroad before but never to US. You understand?
Help me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:22am On Mar 25, 2018
opeoluwa20:
Thanks boss,am sorry to ask what will reason for my feedback and what will be the content of my message . I thought of rescheduling but i dont want to have issues with different barcode and since the lady said there wont be an issue after explaining to the vo prior to my interview that why i laid back but i dont mind if there is a way out before i go for theinterview
Madam I do not understand you.
What are your worried about? Hurting the feelings of the lady that u spoke with or what?
Nobody asked you to reschedule. Read what was posted again. If u have any issue of a difference anywhere, sort it out BEFORE your interview. Read back and see folks that have been sent back.
Any title you want to find the feed back, give it. It's not an Essay writing competition. The same way you posted it here, post it there.
Or leave it and be laid back. It's your choice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:24am On Mar 25, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Anyway im very excited. My girlfriend wants me to come visit in chicago and she wants to sponsor me. We will come back together and then she will return home. She has dated Nigerian before but never been here and she is getting divorced next month. Where do i start? I told somebody im going to buy ticket and take with me to embassy with passport to stamp visa but they said its more involved than that. Ive travelled abroad before but never to US. You understand?
Help me.
I'm happy you are excited that your relationship with a married woman finally yielded fruit undecided
So just with the same zeal and passion, google ceac USA visa Nigeria. And read up the process.
Happy reading. In addition, you may read the very first page on this thread and then keep reading

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:26am On Mar 25, 2018
oluwa234:
Hello All,

Please i am hoping someone can help guide me. I am trying to renew my daughters' visa. Unfortunately i cannot remember the password to the previous account. I have clicked the repeated password link severally to no avail as i have still not received a link to help reset my password. I am sure of the email address linked to the account as i have confirmed this from a copy of the previous application form. Does anyone have an idea of what i can do?
Thank you.
Contact the embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by opeoluwa20(m): 6:10am On Mar 25, 2018
Thanks
LadyGuinivere:

Madam I do not understand you.
What are your worried about? Hurting the feelings of the lady that u spoke with or what?
Nobody asked you to reschedule. Read what was posted again. If u have any issue of a difference anywhere, sort it out BEFORE your interview. Read back and see folks that have been sent back.
Any title you want to find the feed back, give it. It's not an Essay writing competition. The same way you posted it here, post it there.
Or leave it and be laid back. It's your choice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 7:05am On Mar 25, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

I'm happy you are excited that your relationship with a married woman finally yielded fruit undecided
So just with the same zeal and passion, google ceac USA visa Nigeria. And read up the process.
Happy reading. In addition, you may read the very first page on this thread and then keep reading

Madam Im very sorry ma. I think you made assumptions before you had clarified this relationship between me and her. The girl used to frequent nairaland to understsnd our cultures and food and thats how we met. We started exchanging personal correspondence and through this means gained in cultural understanding of each other's country. I believe my use of "girlfriend" put a bad taste on this; I should instead have said my "cultural exchange friend". How does that sound? Her upcoming divorce is a deserved ending. If I shared her story you yourself will write and congratulate on her new liberty. Now, I must mention that I myself already married with beautiful wives and do not intend to part with either of them, but truth be told I won't shy away from marrying my American friend if she turns out willing to accept polygamy. We never discussed it but she loves the African culture and cherishes its heritage in her blood. Let's leave that to the side.

What are the step by step actions for a novice like me to apply and get visa? Any help is appreciated. Are you the person that I will come and see for interview? I will familiarize myself with ceac USA.
Thanks a lot and see you again soon.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aphrikanna: 7:37am On Mar 25, 2018
First things first, I just want to point out a lot of misinterpretation on this thread. OK maybe not misinterpretation but negative vibes. Listen, a visa interview is just that. An interview. It is not the world coming to an end. Unless you see America as heaven anyway, but its not the end. Because of the scare a lot of people get here before they go to the embassy, they lose their confidence and end up not getting the visa.
Me I've not even gone for my own.
But after a lot of comparisons here and outside. Asked questions here and outside. I realised, people really get scared when they come here and read all the stories about how a visa interview should go or should be.
Get your documents right.
Get everything right. Practice questions and answers before going. But don't lose it. Kpata-kpata dey would say no. But be confident. The visa interview would not even last up to 15minutes tops. I advice anyone planning to travel to not just depend on NL for information. Ask people outside[/i]too. If you are in lag or abj, one day just stroll down to the embassy and interview some successful applicants. Interview the unsuccessful ones too and know your bearing. But just know that no one here can determine your chances of getting the visa. And they can only answer your questions based on their [i]experience They are not VOs. So always research thoroughly before going.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 7:41am On Mar 25, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Help me.
Baba Ramooooota? shocked. She's getting Divorced, you are going to meet her, at the same time happy? There's more to d story. u don't need to buy ticket. What will u call her during interview? "Girlfriend". A married man going to see "girlfriend"?.

I don't think she's also a friend yet because u haven't seen her. What about she coming to greet u first?

you said the both of u will now return to Nigeria. after spending how many days? Moreover how many months do u intend spending? Because all i see here is after your papers has being processed. The Divorce is bringing something for u.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aphrikanna: 7:45am On Mar 25, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Madam Im very sorry ma. I think you made assumptions before you had clarified this relationship between me and her. The girl used to frequent nairaland to understsnd our cultures and food and thats how we met. We started exchanging personal correspondence and through this means gained in cultural understanding of each other's country. I believe my use of "girlfriend" put a bad taste on this; I should instead have said my "cultural exchange friend". How does that sound? Her upcoming divorce is a deserved ending. If I shared her story you yourself will write and congratulate on her new liberty. Now, I must mention that I myself already married with beautiful wives and do not intend to part with either of them, but truth be told I won't shy away from marrying my American friend if she turns out willing to accept polygamy. We never discussed it but she loves the African culture and cherishes its heritage in her blood. Let's leave that to the side.

What are the step by step actions for a novice like me to apply and get visa? Any help is appreciated. Are you the person that I will come and see for interview? I will familiarize myself with ceac USA.
Thanks a lot and see you again soon.
Lol. Just how many wives do you think you can handle Oga? You are funny o. Very funny. Anyway, the only way to know is to try. I don't advice anyone to lie o. But saying you want to go and meet your fiancée or gf or cultural exchange friend when you have wives just sounds like a joke even to me, not to talk of a VO. So know how you would present your case and try your luck. All the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rol3nd: 9:03am On Mar 25, 2018
Rol3nd:
hi guys,

Please anyone know how to change appointment date or refresh as i would like to have my interview before visiting Russia in May, First Available Appointment Is Thursday June 21, 2018, Pls advice??

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 9:43am On Mar 25, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Help me.

Babaramota, if this is a joke abeg stop am... if not, read from part 1 to here...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 9:46am On Mar 25, 2018
Aphrikanna:
First things first, I just want to point out a lot of misinterpretation on this thread. OK maybe not misinterpretation but negative vibes. Listen, a visa interview is just that. An interview. It is not the world coming to an end. Unless you see America as heaven anyway, but its not the end. Because of the scare a lot of people get here before they go to the embassy, they lose their confidence and end up not getting the visa.
Me I've not even gone for my own.
But after a lot of comparisons here and outside. Asked questions here and outside. I realised, people really get scared when they come here and read all the stories about how a visa interview should go or should be.
Get your documents right.
Get everything right. Practice questions and answers before going. But don't lose it. Kpata-kpata dey would say no. But be confident. The visa interview would not even last up to 15minutes tops. I advice anyone planning to travel to not just depend on NL for information. Ask people outside[/i]too. If you are in lag or abj, one day just stroll down to the embassy and interview some successful applicants. Interview the unsuccessful ones too and know your bearing. But just know that no one here can determine your chances of getting the visa. And they can only answer your questions based on their [i]experience They are not VOs. So always research thoroughly before going.

Confidence is KEY, not just visa interviews but any interview at all... Fear is the beginning of failure... You just made some common sense up there...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.