Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,782 members, 7,802,424 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1168494 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by shynzee: 3:07pm On Apr 16, 2018
Maadun:
Good Afternoon everyone, pls i need your urgent help.Im planning to renew my visa via Dropbox but i just changed my status to Married and i have a new passport where i now bears my husband's name but my soon to expire visa is on my old passport where i bears my father's name.My question is, apart from the 2 Passports,Do I need to submit any other document?e.g. Marriage cert. Also, I paid my visa fee with my Husband's name,Any other information added would be helpful.Thank you so much

You don't need to attach any documents, Dropbox doesn't allow you include any other document. Just state the information (maiden name, status, marriage date, etc) in your DS-160 when you are filling it. Renewed mine earlier this year without issues.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BarristerAlarig: 11:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
Dear Everyone. I am a first time US visa applicant intending to attend an Engineering conference before I go back to school for my HND programme. Currently I work with a bank using my National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology. I am a 21yr old Man. While filling the form DS160 I left the sponsorship bar/space blank. I didn't know if I should use myself with less than 500k in my account or my dad with over 5mil in his account. Which should i useFurthermore, myself and father do not bear the same name. How do I prove he his my father? Can a birth certificate suffice?? Or would a court declaration be better? I am completely confused! I need help on how to make my application believable as I do not intend to run. I just want to attend the conference,get a certificate of participation,learn new stuff,Network and rub the fact that I have been to AMERICA in everyone (or maybe just my friends) faces! My interview date is June 4 . #Help_a_confused_fellow.

P.S- My dad is the actual sponsor.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by 0LANNA: 11:08pm On Apr 16, 2018
Hello great house I was told will you have been denied a U.S visa you will be denied in Canada too cos the two countries share informations, The only way to confirm how truth that is... is to ask this great house
Swift response will be appreciated
Thank you and God bless us all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 11:34pm On Apr 16, 2018
0LANNA:
Hello great house I was told will you have been denied a U.S visa you will be denied in Canada too cos the two countries share informations, The only way to confirm how truth that is... is to ask this great house

Here on Nairaland therw are countless stories of people who had been granted a Canadian visa after been denied the US visa

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 12:46am On Apr 17, 2018
0LANNA:

Not true. Each country assesses visa applicants independently.

What was discussed here recently was a US visa applicant with Canadian ban. So these are two different situations.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 12:49am On Apr 17, 2018
BarristerAlarig:
Dear Everyone. I am a first time US visa applicant intending to attend an Engineering conference before I go back to school for my HND programme. Currently I work with a bank using my National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology. I am a 21yr old Man. While filling the form DS160 I left the sponsorship bar/space blank. I didn't know if I should use myself with less than 500k in my account or my dad with over 5mil in his account. Which should i useFurthermore, myself and father do not bear the same name. How do I prove he his my father? Can a birth certificate suffice?? Or would a court declaration be better? I am completely confused! I need help on how to make my application believable as I do not intend to run. I just want to attend the conference,get a certificate of participation,learn new stuff,Network and rub the fact that I have been to AMERICA in everyone (or maybe just my friends) faces! My interview date is June 4 . #Help_a_confused_fellow.

It will be extremely difficult for you to prove that you're not an immigrant, so I'll advise you not to waste your money.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Leleky: 6:15am On Apr 17, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

I know a person with a Canadian ban they was issued a US visa. Verified

Really... Pls confirm if the US visa was given after the ban from Canada. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BarristerAlarig: 7:51am On Apr 17, 2018
cosade:

It will be extremely difficult for you to prove that you're not an immigrant, so I'll advise you not to waste your money.

Paid already. I even included my interview date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Salmom: 8:55am On Apr 17, 2018
princeofdworld:
Send an email to suppport@ustraveldocs.com
thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Salmom: 8:56am On Apr 17, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Call the CGI customer care line and ask them to help you do the separation, you can't do it by yourself, they have to do it from their end. Have your international passport and desired email handy while putting the call through....
Thank you o. Una dey try
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by 0LANNA: 10:43am On Apr 17, 2018
TheCongo2:

Here on Nairaland therw are countless stories of people who had been granted a Canadian visa after been denied the US visa

Alright thanks you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by 0LANNA: 10:44am On Apr 17, 2018
cosade:

Not true. Each country assesses visa applicants independently.

What was discussed here recently was a US visa applicant with Canadian ban. So these are two different situations.

Thanks I appreciate

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MYLYN(f): 11:54am On Apr 17, 2018
Good day all...please can tourist be changed to Student within the US.if yes how can it be done.
The person is a minor 17years .what can we do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2018
BarristerAlarig:

Paid already. I even included my interview date.

All the best!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bisolanio(f): 12:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
My greetings to everyone who took time to put this great thread together, I have been a silent reader for some weeks, I intend to start my visa process next week but before I begin to ask questions,I think it will be nice to appreciate you all.

One can go through with the visa process just by reading what you put out here .

[color=#770077][/color] thank you!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by adespecial: 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2018
Please when did you pay and how much did you pay at the bank

cosade:

All the best!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by diehard(m): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
Just picked up my passport with two yr visa on it. I did my interview last week and I thought to share:

While standing on the queue at window 7, I heard the conversation of the woman in front of me with the VO and it goes thus

VO: hello, can I have your passport
Woman: handed her passport over to VO

VO: why do you want to travel to the U.S
Woman: for vacation and business

VO: where do you work
Woman: I work with a haulage company

VO: what do you do for them
Woman: I help to manage the daily affairs of the company

VO: how many trucks does the company have
Woman: about 11, sorry 12

VO: have you travelled outside of Nigeria before
Woman: yes, I have travelled to Canada last year, my son is even schooling there, I have been to india before

VO: can I see the visa for the Canada trip
Woman: searched through her old passport and replied 'I must have left the other passport for house' and mumbled other explanation

At this point I knew her explanation wasn't straight, my attention was directed to a young man at another window and this was what I heard;

VO: how long do you plan to stay in Atlanta
Man: two days

VO: sorry, you do not qualify to get a visa at this time.....
Man: walks away crest fallen

Attention was returned to my queue, VO said to the woman in front of me sorry blah blah.....my turn

VO: passport please
Me: passport promptly handed over

VO: why do you want to travel to U.S
Me: I am going for training

VO: what kind of training
Me: 2018 xyz organized by my company

VO: have you traveled out of Nigeria before
Me: yes, 2010 to Houston and 2012 to Dubai

VO: how long have you worked with the company
Me: over a decade since 200x year

VO: please pick your passport at this address and you will be notified when it's ready for you to
Me: thanks, pick up white paper and walks away

My thoughts was just, why go the length to lie and falsify info just get a visa,

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ojide25: 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
Hello house.
I'm a silent reader, myself and my wife with my daughter done with our interview yesterday in lagos.below is our transit.
both- good morning ma.

v.o - good morning.

v.o - ur passport.

my wife give to her.she is an black America lady.

v.o why are you going to america

me for family vacation.

v.o why America.

me for tourism and have promise my wife that I will take the family to American after I made my promotion which God did to me I got the promotion.

v.o where are you working.

me I'm a banker explain my duity to her.

v.o madam what are you doing.

wife she work with federal government as...........

v.o your possition to my wife .

my wife -she didnt hear what she saying as her to come again like five times.

v.o repeat herself.

my wife - got it and explain.

v.o- I will not approve ur visa now.but you can really next time.give us blue paper.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ANIT1: 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2018
0LANNA:

That’s not true I was once denied Canada visa when I was single. purpose was for vacation. And it had nothing to do with my US application I don’t think it has anything to do with the other.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2018
BarristerAlarig:

Bros am not God oooo but I don't see you getting that visa because that conference is not necessary for you and go and finish your HND... everything points at someone desperate to leave Naija.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2018
MYLYN:
Good day all...please can tourist be changed to Student within the US.if yes how can it be done.
The person is a minor 17years .what can we do.

The normal/legal thing to do is for the minor to return to Nigeria and re-apply for a student visa anything different than that is illegal although that doesn't mean she will be deported but it may affect future application if there's any.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HalaHala: 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2018
I paid for my B1/B2 application fee on 28th March I couldn't proceed fürther to fill DS 160form.Can i still proceed now to book appointment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
abnot:
Guys, one advice i'll want you all to take is the "do not lie factor". Just say things as they are and just answer the questions honestly and leave the rest to them. During my last interview there was a lady standing in front of me. Very smart looking and formally dressed . Her story was flowing well till the lies became glaring. Find the bits of what I can recall:

VO: Pass me your passport
Lady:okay
VO: Why are you going to the US
Lady: I'm going to spend my vacation
VO: Where in the US
Lady: Orlando, FLorida
VO: What do you do ?
LAdy: I work at Fidelity bank ...........
VO: Tell me more about what you do for Fidelity Bank
Lady: (She describes her job role/ day-day activity which was very sweet) She had the fidelity scarf on her neck
VO: Are you travelling alone?
LAdy: NO. I'm travelling with my fiancee
VO: Does your fiancee already have a visa
Lady: Yes he does
VO: Do you have a copy of the visa with you ?
Lady: Yes (she passes a photocopy of the fiancee's visa to the visa officer)
VO: When did you get engaged
LAdy: 8 months ago
VO: Your fiancee applied for his visa in February this year and he mentioned that he was travelling alone
Lady: she stammers and said the fiancee changed plans
VO: Your visa is not approved under section bla bla bla. He hands back her passport and a blue paper to her which I believe states the reason for denial.

She would have just been straight that way the VO would not have had any reason to suspect any foul play. I went there with the "whatever" attitude and didnt in any way make up stories. It was up to them to either issue me or not issue me

Jeezus!

These VOs have acclimatized and become Nigerians. See how rude this VO is to someone's wife.

"Pass me your passport".

Hey OP, what lie are you talking about. I hate when people take oyinbo's position as a default righteousness and view blacks as the default criminals.

Where is the lie? Her fiance no fit change his mind?

This VO was jealous of the lady's accomplishment and status and confidence....VO looking for gaps to shut her down, and when she found it she never bothered to enquorw further for clarification or perharps other strengths that might overshadow a simple "change in plans" in the couple's itinerary.

Look, if i was this lady's fiancee i will rip the visa out of my passport and take vacation elsewhere. Spain is looking for touriats. Netherlands is looking for tourists.

Crap! This transcript don vexx me well well. angry

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 6:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Jeezus!

These VOs have acclimatized and become Nigerians. See how rude this VO is to someone's wife.

"Pass me your passport".

Hey OP, what lie are you talking about. I hate when people take oyinbo's position as a default righteousness and view blacks as the default criminals.

This VO was jealous of the lady's accomplishment and status and confidence....VO looking for gaps to shut her down, and when she found it she never bothered to enquorw further for clarification or perharps other strengths that might overshadow a simple "change in plans" in the couple's itinerary.

Look, if i was this lady's fiancee i will rip the visa out of my passport and take vacation elsewhere. Spain is looking for touriats. Netherlands is looking for tourists.

I love you bro.
When racism becomes institutionalized, even black people turn against their own kind to maintain the white man perception of black people. The white man position becomes the default righteousness just as you said.

I have told abnot that I had failed to see a lie in that case. I had only see a close-minded VO. Unfortunately there is no appeal for US visa. If it was a Canadian VO, this decision would be overturned under appeal.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 6:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Jeezus!

"Pass me your passport".

The vos aren’t stupid. They know spouses lie to use the other as a “tie”, going separately for visa interviews when in reality both intend to travel. Our own penchant for steadfastly refusing to be honest is what is at play here. As I’m sure the vos would tell you, feel free to tear their visa and go to Spain if you’d like.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2018
TWoods:

The vos aren’t stupid. They know spouses lie to use the other as a “tie”, going separately for visa interviews when in reality both intend to travel. Our own penchant for steadfastly refusing to be honest is what is at play here. As I’m sure the vos would tell you, feel free to tear their visa and go to Spain if you’d like.

Spouses use each other to screen because they try to get around unecessary barriers mounted by end-time VOs. People that ordinary would be forthright have been conditioned to look for loopholes to smart their approval.

These VOs need to go Church next sunday and get deliverance. Somebody go travel go village ontop their matter!!

Awon werey, endtime VOs. angry

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 6:20pm On Apr 17, 2018
TheCongo2:

I love you bro.
When racism becomes institutionalized, even black people turn against their own kind to maintain the white man perception of black people. The white man position becomes the default righteousness just as you said.

I have told abnot that I had failed to see a lie in that case. I had only see a close-minded VO. Unfortunately there is no appeal for US visa. If it was a Canadian VO, this decision would be overturned under appeal.

Thank you jare!

Na wetin bring me come for this thread sef? Ive never been so vexxed everyday like this before. Chei!! shocked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Jeezus!

"Pass me your passport".

Lol the tune of her voice suddenly changed and she suddenly went quiet which gave the VO the perfect opportunity to return her passport. I prefer the UK visa system which asks detailed questions with the opportunity to submit documents to back it up.
However the US visa is easier to get especially for people with no stable income, documentation or job.

Nevertheless my best holiday was to barcelona followed by lisbon. US is overrated.

US immigration law grants too much powers to the VO which can work to the applicant's advantage or disadvantage. I remember back in 2013 summer an applicant could barely understand the VO and his accent was very hausa in a very funny way. We were all laughing (including the VO) and the applicant was getting annoyed. The VO told him to calm down to answer just one question and he will approve his visa lol . The angry applicant was issued. He obviously didnt know anythng about the city or even the name of the state he was visiting. All he knew was that he was going to visit his brother who lives in the usa with a paper that had the brother's address

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
TWoods:

Actually it was a stupid decision.
And unfortunately there is no appeal process for US visa.
In canada for instance, a VO or immigration agent cannot reject evidence based on hearsay: reasons must be provided for considering such evidence to be unreliable or not true.

Like in this case, what evidence do you hold against the lady except what you describe as "Our own penchant for steadfastly refusing to be honest is what is at play here".
Sorry that alone can't be used as evidence. Else, all Nigerians should be denied the US visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2018
abnot:

Lol the tune of her voice suddenly changed and she suddenly went quiet which gave the VO the perfect opportunity to return her passport. I prefer the UK visa system which asks detailed questions with the opportunity to submit documents to back it up.
However the US visa is easier to get especially for people with no stable income, documentation or job.

Nevertheless my best holiday was to barcelona followed by lisbon. US is overrated.

US immigration law grants too much powers to the VO which can work to the applicant's advantage or disadvantage. I remember back in 2013 summer an applicant could barely understand the VO and his accent was very hausa in a very funny way. We were all laughing (including the VO) and the applicant was getting annoyed. The VO told him to calm down to answer just one question and he will approve his visa lol . The angry applicant was issued. He obviously didnt know anythng about the city or even the name of the state he was visiting. All he knew was that he was going to visit his brother who lives in the usa with a paper that had the brother's address

Waaayy over-rated my brother. E too much. If not because of our CE friend that got me looking into visa whats my business with travel to white man country?

I have two wives. In US it is illegal to have two wives. So they already told me im not welcome. What will tell VO, im going to your country with my senior and junior wives....then they will emabarass me rudely in front of my two esteemed beautiful jewels. No i dont think so
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 6:42pm On Apr 17, 2018
abnot:

I hv seen countless of jobless poeple getting USA visas and many professionals are been denied.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2018
eyinola:
I hv seen countless of jobless poeple getting USA visas and many professionals are been denied.

Where did you see that? At the embassy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.