Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,766 members, 7,806,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1169507 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by FASTLINK1: 9:58pm On May 20, 2018
Amautchey:
Good evening house. Please I want to ask how long does it take to reapply for US visa after being denied?

It depends on the reason for refusal, if it has something to do with financial ground then you need to wait for at least 6 months, but for no just reason, you could reapply immediately and be ready to demonstrate that you have a strong ties to your country and your purpose of travel is genuine.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 10:07pm On May 20, 2018
Amautchey:
Good evening house. Please I want to ask how long does it take to reapply for US visa after being denied?

My advice wait after 6months u apply. But if y circumstances av not changed, wait for it to change bf u apply again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 10:18pm On May 20, 2018
drealsmile:
Hello.
Please I need a detailed list of documents I need to provide to the us embassy for visiting visa and i have a virgin passport.

If u av been going through this thread u will see the list of documents u need. Ps try to go through it, u will really gain alot.
The detail list of documents:
Schedule appointment
Ds-160 confirmation page
Payment receipt
Passport valid for 6months
Other supporting documents ( but atimes they d'nt ask it but just carry Incase.)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lucky4real28(m): 10:23pm On May 20, 2018
I could have sworn I didn’t see anything as such when I filled for my family on May 8 using Abuja. I think it’s either a new thing or just for lagos
RefKing:

Are you sure these
PREVIOUSLY DENIED & REGULAR visa priority option is not a new development?. Because, I didn't see anything of such(previously denied option) while schedule appointment some months ago.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bisolanio(f): 10:35pm On May 20, 2018
NothingDoMe:
They could even show up as guests and read.
Abeg make I close my mouth because I just watched an episode of NCIS Los Angeles. NCIS was trying to help not knowing that they were interfering with CIA operations. Nor be small wahala.
Let him that is unrighteous remain unrighteous still. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

If you don't have skeletons in your cupboard,there is no need closing your mouth, embassies aren't toll gates to heaven and VOs are humans too.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 10:36pm On May 20, 2018
Femipac:
Hello House, thanks for the knowledge you people have been sharing.

I have some couple of questions to ask hopefully people will be able to help out.

I have been denied b1/b2 twice last year. Was seeking to go to the US for a conference although i blamed myself for the refusal because i wasn't prepared at all ( shy and lacked confidence) and yet to know about this site( This must have been the most underrated site ever). I was asked some question that i would have answered but fear catch me i con dey stammer smiley. I had just a single travel history to India before my refusal but i have strengthen that by visiting Abu dhabi after i was refused.
Secondly my role at work has changed and my salary has improved and i own a car now.

I have scheduled my interview for July and still applying for the same conference.

My questions are:
1. what reason should i give for my initial refusal in my ds160. Should i just say according to 214b i failed to demonstrate i have ties that will compel me to return to my country or is there a way i can juice this up a bit
2. how bad Will the initial double refusal affect my chances
3.If you make a mistake in your ds160 form and you update and correct it after you have submitted initially, will the consular see the edited info.

Thanks.

I want denial beacuse of insufficient ties or that the VO was not satisfied with my ties. I believe my circumstances av improved, my role at work has changed and my salary has improved.
2. The double refusal will not affect y chances of getting visa. Just prepare your self well.
3. I d'nt really get question 3. Some1 else can assist ps
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Femipac: 10:55pm On May 20, 2018
monchat:

I want denial beacuse of insufficient ties or that the VO was not satisfied with my ties. I believe my circumstances av improved, my role at work has changed and my salary has improved.
2. The double refusal will not affect y chances of getting visa. Just prepare your self well.
3. I d'nt really get question 3. Some1 else can assist ps

Thanks for your swift response. what i meant by the 3rd question is: assuming i filled my date of birth to be January 2017 in my previous form and i changed that unknowingly in my second form to January 2018 and then realised i have made a mistake after i had signed and submitted the document. i filled a new document and corrected the mistake. Will the consular know that i filled another form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tolman061(m): 11:49pm On May 20, 2018
Hello house

Thanks for always sharing ur ideas and experiences,it has been helpful...I got married few weeks ago and I got my passport newly with no travel history while I was single and I will like to go for my honeymoon in the US with my husband who has a visa already with a good travel history.
I also work in a bank
My questions are:
1. Do I need to change my name as I already have marriage cert with his name before applying
2. What are the necessary things to expect please
3.What are my chances of getting a visa with no travel history and with the passport bearing my oldname
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 1:18am On May 21, 2018
Bisolanio:

My own vacation? What is it with you? Where did I state that directly or indirectly?

Leave my case and attack the next person mbok!

I have received relevant suggestion from people so back off!

If your hands are clean, you wouldn’t be losing your rag.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 2:47am On May 21, 2018
Femipac:

Thanks for your swift response. what i meant by the 3rd question is: assuming i filled my date of birth to be January 2017 in my previous form and i changed that unknowingly in my second form to January 2018 and then realised i have made a mistake after i had signed and submitted the document. i filled a new document and corrected the mistake. Will the consular know that i filled another form?

I am not sure they will know that u fill another form. The application form they will use is the one u presented the barcode on the day of interview. Just make sure that the barcode is the same with de schedule appointment. Others can also contribute ps
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 3:22am On May 21, 2018
tolman061:
Hello house

Thanks for always sharing ur ideas and experiences,it has been helpful...I got married few weeks ago and I got my passport newly with no travel history while I was single and I will like to go for my honeymoon in the US with my husband who has a visa already with a good travel history.
I also work in a bank
My questions are:
1. Do I need to change my name as I already have marriage cert with his name before applying
2. What are the necessary things to expect please
3.What are my chances of getting a visa with no travel history and with the passport bearing my oldname

1. There is no need changing y name. The name u will use in the application form is the name on your recent passport. If the passport is bearing y madien name that is what u will use, if it is bearing y hubby name u use it. The instruction given on the application form is input the name as it appears on y passport.
2.if u go through this tread well (from part 1-3) u will see similar questions the VO asked applicants that av the same honeymoon vacation like u.
Likely questions :- VO will like to know the purpose u are traveling. Just tell VO that u and hubby are going for honeymoon, u just had y wedding and u choose to visit USA to enjoy y moon.
The VO can ask u were u are working, position, duties, monthly salary, how long u av been working in the bank. The VO can also ask u about y hubby,tell him he has a visa already, carry a photocopy of hubby visa or u take his passport with u to interview.
VO can ask about y hubby job.The VO may ask if u and hubby av travel together. May ask why u choose to travel to USA for moon, may ask tourist attractions u will like to visit.
3. No body can tell u the chances of getting visa only the VO knows. Some people av testify getting visa with no travelling history. However for y hubby aving travelled to USA i think that can also help. The old name on y passport does not matter.
Just parpare very well and pray. All the best

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 5:37am On May 21, 2018
Femipac:

Does the previous form get deleted? No. Can it still be accessed? Yes. Nothing stops the US Embassy from bringing up every record they have in their system about you. A previously completed DS160 form is part of their records.

That being said, what kind of mistake did you make?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bisolanio(f): 7:49am On May 21, 2018
TWoods:

If your hands are clean, you wouldn’t be losing your rag.

Move on!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 8:41am On May 21, 2018
Femipac:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nycil: 11:11am On May 21, 2018
My interview appointment was this morning. but I was turned back and wasn't allowed to attend my interview, reasons was because I edited my DS-160 form and hence a new confirmation code was generated, even though I Duly contacted CGI to have my profile updated with my new confirmation number and it was successful, only for getting to the embassy to discover that they still had the old confirmation. I was given the opportunity to reschedule after 3 business workimg days.but can I make use of the recent DS-160 to reschedule another appointment or I will need to fill another D'S 160-form and start all over again.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:13pm On May 21, 2018
Nycil:
My interview appointment was this morning. but I was turned back and wasn't allowed to attend my interview, reasons was because I edited my DS-160 form and hence a new confirmation code was generated, even though I Duly contacted CGI to have my profile updated with my new confirmation number and it was successful, only for getting to the embassy to discover that they still had the old confirmation. I was given the opportunity to reschedule after 3 business workimg days.but can I make use of the recent DS-160 to reschedule another appointment or I will need to fill another D'S 160-form and start all over again.

Really? What has changed lately in this process that made yours fail? Did you even try updating your profile with the new DS160 number yourself? But you should have checked too if the one on your profile matched with the one on your interview appointment letter before and after printing. I don't think this is their fault per se but yours due to an oversight on your part.

If the info on the new DS160 form is still valid at the moment and will still be valid as at the date of your rescheduled interview, then go ahead and use it, update your profile with it. If not, fill a new one and use it to update your profile....

Do this profile update first before rescheduling your interview oh, don't for any reason miss that step! And do let the house in on your mum's interview transcript too. Regards....

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by interswitch: 4:03pm On May 21, 2018
Hello house, Kindly help out. I just scheduled my appointment today though i've not submitted my ds160 form. I'm planning to go to New York City by September for vacation.
Ques: Is NewYork a good place to visit by september. Any better option to recommend?
There's a place for travel plans/itenary. Is it a good idea to fill it with my plans and routes?
Can i make an hotel reservation so i can fill in their address or i can just use their address for now

Kindly help a brother. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Propertyeighty: 4:43pm On May 21, 2018
Hello house!
I bring greetings to you all from Pittsburgh PA. United State of America grin smiley
I want to say a very big thank you to everyone on this thread who contributed to the success of my trip answering my questions and putting me through the whole process.
you guys are the best!
I traveled to the US this February and came back after 3 weeks on a b1/b2 Visa.
Myself and my wife are planning to attend a marriage seminar this November in the absence of our 3 kids.
She has been scheduled for an interview soon.
Please i need your contributions because she keep saying 'What if they ask why our kids are not going with us'?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 4:52pm On May 21, 2018
interswitch:
Hello house, Kindly help out. I just scheduled my appointment today though i've not submitted my ds160 form. I'm planning to go to New York City by September for vacation.
Ques: Is NewYork a good place to visit by september. Any better option to recommend? (1)
There's a place for travel plans/itenary. Is it a good idea to fill it with my plans and routes? (2)
Can i make an hotel reservation so i can fill in their address or i can just use their address for now (3)

Kindly help a brother. Thanks

1. It depends on what you like and how you want to spend your vacation. Google is your friend, and there loads of tourist/holiday destination review websites.
2. Depends on what plans you make. IMO, it is good you make your plans known. It might save time at the interview, especially if it makes sense.
3. If you make travels plans, you need to put the address. If you use the hotel as your USA contact, you better have a reservation with them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Success2011: 6:00pm On May 21, 2018
Hello House. As I earlier said yesterday, I am new here. The question I am about to ask may have been answered in earlier threads, but please, someone should help out as it is pressing. Thanks in advance.

"My cousin has an issue with retrieving his half completed DS 160 form. When he tried to retrieve and complete the DS 160 form, he was told that "Data cannot be found".
Please, he needs to retrieve and complete the form. What can he do?"
Thanks once again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:37pm On May 21, 2018
Success2011:
Hello House. As I earlier said yesterday, I am new here. The question I am about to ask may have been answered in earlier threads, but please, someone should help out as it is pressing. Thanks in advance.

"My cousin has an issue with retrieving his half completed DS 160 form. When he tried to retrieve and complete the DS 160 form, he was told that "Data cannot be found".
Please, he needs to retrieve and complete the form. What can he do?"
Thanks once again.

Nothing.... It is lost, and can't be found nor retrieved. Cousin has to fill a fresh one, simple.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Success2011: 6:52pm On May 21, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Nothing.... It is lost, and can't be found nor retrieved. Cousin has to fill a fresh one, simple.
Thank you for your swift response. After filling out a new form with a new DS 160 confirmation number, how will he update his profile so that the new number can reflect in the appointment confirmation? God bless you richly.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:52pm On May 21, 2018
Success2011:

Thank you for your swift response. After filling out a new form with a new DS 160 confirmation number, how will he update his profile so that the new number can reflect in the appointment confirmation? God bless you richly.

I already talked on it right on this page even, you could take a cue from it.

Well, login to your profile and click on update profile and change the DS160 confirmation number to the new, then save. If you scheduled an appointment already as it seems, just click on appointment confirmation in one of those boxes on your profile page and print or send yourself a new one (be sure everything tallies sha oh, cos I dunno if the CGI people have shifted goalpost on this matter just lately).

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Success2011: 9:05pm On May 21, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I already talked on it right on this page even, you could take a cue from it.

Well, login to your profile and click on update profile and change the DS160 confirmation number to the new, then save. If you scheduled an appointment already as it seems, just click on appointment confirmation in one of those boxes on your profile page and print or send yourself a new one (be sure everything tallies sha oh, cos I dunno if the CGI people have shifted goalpost on this matter just lately).

"I dunno if CGI people have shifted goalpost on this matter later"... You got me laughing out my ribs! Lol
A quick one, as you rightly observed, an appointment has already been booked. If the profile is updated with the new confirmation number and saved, a box indicating "appointment confirmation" will pop up uh?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:18pm On May 21, 2018
Success2011:

"I dunno if CGI people have shifted goalpost on this matter later"... You got me laughing out my ribs! Lol
A quick one, as you rightly observed, an appointment has already been booked. If the profile is updated with the new confirmation number and saved, a box indicating "appointment confirmation" will pop up uh?

No, it won't pop up nothing. After updating profile, click on "Home" at the top left, anytime you are on the home page, the six boxes are always there, not conversant with all their content unless I log into my profile now to quickly jog my memory, but I know one of them, a clearly recognizable one, will help you out in printing a new and updated Appointment Confirmation. Dazzol!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 5:27am On May 22, 2018
monchat:

U can only tell them if u were asked. If u were not ask just keep quiet. Moreso they d'nt ask for other countries denial in the DS-160 form, what they only ask is if u av been denied visa for USA , then u state it for them. I have been previously denied UK visa 2011 and 2012 but USA pple no ask me if I was denied visa for any country in my DS-160.

My colleague was denial visa for UK in 2015 and she quickly applied for USA with her daughter and she was given that year despite UK stamp the refusal in her passport, she was still given. Ps if I may ask did Canada stamp refusal in y passport?

The VO can only see the refusal when he check y
passport , that was why I asked if Canada stamp refusal for y passport? USA d'nt stamp sha, but I know that UK stamp. However the VO only check y passport as soon as soon as u get to him or when he ask u if u av travelled before, if u say yes, then he check the new and old passport. At the beginning when he ask for y passport, he might not check it. While they request for y passport at 1st is to enable them check y confirmation code to retrieve y D-160 application. During y check in to the embassy, they will stamp y confirmation code on y passport, so that is why they ask for y passport as soon as u get to Vo. They d'nt even look at y confirmation print out. Only the confirmation stamp on y passport.

No need to tell the VO, except he sees it and ask. Just be calm and focus more on your USA interview and make sure u really fill the form well and work on y work details very well. They are more concern on y work, y years of expeience, duties and y salary. If u have any other issue u can ask or mail me. I will be glad to put u through everything because I will not like anybody to make silly mistake and y hard earn money goes like that. It is just silly mistakes and lack of knowledge that made most of us get visa denial.

how can I get US Visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheEnforcer: 7:42am On May 22, 2018
Sugaarh:

how can I get US Visa
You are still asking this kind of question in this age of technology? Don't be lazy.Read the thread from the beginning. Use Google.I mean this is a very pathetic question
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 7:57am On May 22, 2018
Sugaarh:

how can I get US Visa
This is not me. grin

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Amautchey: 9:02am On May 22, 2018
Thanks. There was no reasons given
FASTLINK1:

It depends on the reason for refusal, if it has something to do with financial ground then you need to wait for at least 6 months, but for no just reason, you could reapply immediately and be ready to demonstrate that you have a strong ties to your country and your purpose of travel is genuine.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 9:33am On May 22, 2018
sugah:

This is not me. grin
We know. That's the pidgin pronunciation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oothoney: 3:56pm On May 22, 2018
Hi Guys

Great job you all are doing here

Anyone experience this before, non - immigrant application - not rejected but got you must undergo additional administrative processing but your passport was returned to you.

Anybody got this before and what was the outcome?

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:11pm On May 22, 2018
Sugaarh:

how can I get US Visa
2 options
Ist.
1. Get an international passport
2. Go to the altar at your local mosque or church
3. Cut yourself with a knife like the prophets and call down fire like Elijah
4. Wait for the fire to imprint the visa on your passport.

Or 2nd
Research /Use Google and follow the steps clearly spelt out in the US embassy website.

Either option works fine

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.