Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1169937 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OME1(m): 7:56am On Jun 16, 2018
Thank you for the anticipated responses. smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 9:11am On Jun 16, 2018
Pipedreams:
I was bounced o. Naija is a shithole. See blue paper flying up and down. White paper was given to the old folks and very few couples. Avoid the mean faced lady in row 2. She no get joy. Transcript below:

Vo: good morning
Me: good morning
Vo: where are you going?
Me: Atlanta georgia
Vo: why are you going?
Me: vacation
Vo: what do you do?
Me: I'm a banker
Vo: what's your position in Xx bank?
Me: Assistant banking officer
Vo: have you travelled out of naija before?
Me: yes. UK
Vo: when was this?
Me: 2011
Vo: how long did you stay
Me: 2weeks
Vo: was it a vacation trip?
Me: yes
Vo: how long do u intend staying in the US
Me: 10days
Vo: Are you married?
Me: Yes
Vo: do u have kids?
Me: No but my wife is 2months gone.
Vo: are you going alone
Vo: does your wife has a US visa?
Me: No.

Sorry your not qualified at this time. angry Where did I go wrong now?
Just like others have stated, traveling alone for vacation is a no no. Try to get a current UK travel history and reapply with your wife and baby. US is not running away so can always visit. (Not in any way doubting you, but I you should understand that people claim married just to apply for visa, the VO might have assumed that because it is uncommon to have a vacation without one's spouse)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 9:12am On Jun 16, 2018
shookie:
hello house,i was refuse a visiting visa in march while i was on leave and now i got an invite for my friends wedding in USA.i am married,good job but no kids yet.
what are my chances?
My simple advise is, don't bother applying, nothing has changed in your circumstance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 9:19am On Jun 16, 2018
lanbles:
Hi peeps
Please I'd appreciate a tip on....

How do I prove my home ties to the V.O during interview.
I'm a commercial farmer and I have about 10 acres of land as my farmland..which I have the receipt.
I am married with a kid and expecting another.

Are these 2 points enough ties, and how do I prove it.

I have a training I'll be attending in Washington DC and I'm being sponsored by an NGO which I hold an executive post

Thanks so much in anticipation
Your case might be similar to the poster that was just issued. I hope the NGO is well know and reputable, because I think that is what did it for that poster.

About proving your ties, the only way I think is having travel history.
Goodluck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 9:20am On Jun 16, 2018
OME1:
Good morning everyone, well done for all the information, had to read up on previous posts and comments. I appreciate.

I have a question, my sister and I got invited for a conference holding between 10th-13th August in New York, we received our invitation letters 3 days ago and we immediately proceeded to apply for our US visas, but the earliest date we saw on the application page was 28th August and now it's showing 6th September.

I really don't know what to do at this point, 'cause conference plans, payment of fees have been concluded and we were fast in our application process.

How do I go about it?

Any help or suggestions? Thank you all very much.

OmoBendel24 TWoods and everyone else.
Just reschedule the conference to a future date if it's available and fill a new ds160 form
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OME1(m): 9:30am On Jun 16, 2018
Pesuzok:

Just reschedule the conference to a future date if it's available and fill a new ds160 form

I appreciate the response.

The conference date is fixed and it's not in my power to re-schedule it, but can my interview appointment date be scheduled to an earlier date?

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Taal17: 9:49am On Jun 16, 2018
I thin
OME1:

The conference date is fixed and it's not in my power to re-schedule it, but can my interview appointment date be scheduled to an earlier date?

Thank you.
k

there is an option for emergency appointment. Try it.
Bear in mind that this period is busy cos of summer holidays and school starting in September
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 10:05am On Jun 16, 2018
OME1:

Thank you.

Keeping checking the appointment page, you might be lucky to get an earlier date.

I don't think your reason for travelling qualifies for an emergency appointment, but you can give it a try.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kunle2030: 10:21am On Jun 16, 2018
Hi everyone, i have been following this thread for months and its been very insightful and helpful..ill like to share my experience.

I have been refused a us visa four times before my this..i was refused 15 years ago twice when i applied for a student visa in lagos which was in 2003.

I moved to germany in 2014 through my wife who is a german citizen and we have 2 young sons.i have my residency here in germany.

So after i decided to try for a us visa in 2016 stating i was travelling with my wife and children and i was again refused for the 3rd time.

I didnt give up and decided to try again this year in march cos my wife wanted us to visit newyork with the kids.my wife and kids have german passports but i only have residence permit.

Even though i earned about 3000 euros a month and have a fairly decent job i was refused for the 4th time cos the vo asked for my proof of income and bank statement and when i gave him he said my balance was low and rejected me for the 4th time.

Stubborn as i was i decided to try again last week and saved up some money and my bank balance was healthy so i tried for the 5th time and the interview went thus:

Vo: good morning,place your fingers on the scanner

Me:good morning and i did

Vo:why all these refusals?u were here recently?

Me:yes i have been refused 4 times before now and the first 2 refusals were 15 years ago when i was living in lagos and never been abroad in my life and twice since i moved to germany and most recent refusal was in march this year

Vo:ok let me look at the notes from your interview in march..right all i want to see is your bank statement and payslips.

Me:ok i gave him

Vo: he looked at the bank statement thoroughly and picked a random payslip and said show me where this money is in your bank statement and i directed it to him.

VO:where are u visiting and how long?

Me:i told him im visiting newyork for 10 days with my wife and kids

VO:looking at me he said this is one of those 50 50 decisions for me and he continued to say that for about 50 seconds looking at me.he then kept quiet for a while and started typing and looked up and said how am i sure u are going to come back

Me:i love my job and it provides me a decent living and i cant abandon it.my wife and children live here in germany with me and i have visited many countries in europe and never overstayed.

VO:looked at me in awkward silence for a while and said ok im approving this visa today.pls dont let me down.if u go and return u will get a US visa for life and if u dont u will never get a US visa.take care of your lovely kids

Me:i was so emotional and thanked him for giving me the benefit of doubt.this was my fifth attempt.

Anything is possible if u believe and have genuine intentions.
This is a fantastic forum and it helped me a lot reading these pages even at work like a bible.

I wanted to ask if i could travel alone cos my wife 2 days ago received a letter in the post for her dream job interview and unfortunately it falls in the period we are originally scheduled to travel as a family and this is the only time i will be free to travel cos of my work.im only staying in newyork for 10 days..will it be a problem to travel alone even though i said in my ds 160 im travelling with my wife and children?pls guide me

10 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 10:42am On Jun 16, 2018
Kunle2030:
Hi everyone, i have been following this thread for months and its been very insightful and helpful..ill like to share my experience.

I have been refused a us visa four times before my this..i was refused 15 years ago twice when i applied for a student visa in lagos which was in 2003.

I wanted to ask if i could travel alone cos my wife 2 days ago received a letter in the post for her dream job interview and unfortunately it falls in the period we are originally scheduled to travel as a family and this is the only time i will be free to travel cos of my work.im only staying in newyork for 10 days..will it be a problem to travel alone even though i said in my ds 160 im travelling with my wife and children?pls guide me

u convinced the VO well well cheesy, nice one bro, but I will advice u not to travel alone because it's actually a family trip u planned/told the VO, please remember they do cancel visa due to going against what u told the Visa Officer. If it's not urgent, Please wait, Devil no go spoil your joy ooo. Congrats

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 10:51am On Jun 16, 2018
Kunle2030:

VO:looked at me in awkward silence for a while and said ok im approving this visa today.pls dont let me down.if u go and return u will get a US visa for life and if u dont u will never get a US visa.take care of your lovely kids.
Congrats! I love this! please don't let the VO down. He has overturned the previous decisions of his colleagues for your sake.

You have enough time to plan the trip so you don't need to be in hurry to travel. You can plan properly and travel with your wife and kids.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lollyberry: 10:52am On Jun 16, 2018
Kunle2030:

I moved to germany in 2014 through my wife who is a german citizen and we have 2 young sons.i have my residency here in germany.

So after i decided to try for a us visa in 2016 stating i was travelling with my wife and children and i was again refused for the 3rd time.

I didnt give up and decided to try again this year in march cos my wife wanted us to visit newyork with the kids.my wife and kids have german passports but i only have residence permit.

Even though i earned about 3000 euros a month and have a fairly decent job i was refused for the 4th time cos the vo asked for my proof of income and bank statement and when i gave him he said my balance was low and rejected me for the 4th time.

Stubborn as i was i decided to try again last week and saved up some money and my bank balance was healthy so i tried for the 5th time and the interview went thus:

Me:yes i have been refused 4 times before now and the first 2 refusals were 15 years ago when i was living in lagos and never been abroad in my life and twice since i moved to germany and most recent refusal was in march this year

Vo:ok let me look at the notes from your interview in march..right all i want to see is your bank statement and payslips.

Vo: he looked at the bank statement thoroughly and picked a random payslip and said show me where this money is in your bank statement and i directed it to him.

VO:looking at me he said this is one of those 50 50 decisions for me and he continued to say that for about 50 seconds looking at me.he then kept quiet for a while and started typing and looked up and said how am i sure u are going to come back

Me:i love my job and it provides me a decent living and i cant abandon it.my wife and children live here in germany with me and i have visited many countries in europe and never overstayed.

VO:looked at me in awkward silence for a while and said ok im approving this visa today.pls dont let me down.if u go and return u will get a US visa for life and if u dont u will never get a US visa.take care of your lovely kids

Me:i was so emotional and thanked him for giving me the benefit of doubt.this was my fifth attempt.

This is a fantastic forum and it helped me a lot reading these pages even at work like a bible.

congratulations to u bro, but am confused o, do they ask for statement of account for family vacation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by onyxo76(m): 10:54am On Jun 16, 2018
Acube2:
As I previously posted before. I was accepted into a fellowship by Us based NGO. The fellowship/volunteer is in Kenya and Uganda. But there is a mandatory training at San Francisco. Just 5 days.
My host company, the NGO contacted them to expedite my visa interview, so my interview was scheduled within a week.
The interview below:

Vo: how are u
Me: fine and u?
Vo: am fine thanks
Vo: what are u going to the US for
Me: I have a trainining in San Francisco.
As a prerequisite to a fellowship with xyz ngo in Kenya and Uganda. 3 months in Uganda and 3 months in kenya
Vo: have u ever traveled out of Nigeria b4
Me: No
Vo: do u have anything document from xyz
Me: a lot(hands him the docs) offer letter and letter of support.
Vo: (reads the support letter thoroughly) looks at the offer letter and said its much, he is gonna go thru it later.
Vo: are u married?
Vo: is she going with u?
Me: no
Vo: any kid
Me: no
Vo: (looks at the system), so are u resigning from yr present employer(mentioned the name)
Me: no, I have a verbal agreement with them to come back since the business is similar with d fellowship.
Vo: ok
(type for a while and told he is gonna read the offer letter later and get back to me. He said he is gonna pend my application. Gives me a white paper and Mark administrative processing)
Me: OK, thank u.

Vo: do u have any more doc that might support yr case.
Me: yes, hands me more docs.
Vo: we might try to confirm yr docs, hope they would confirm its from them.
Me: that's totally fine.
Vo: we wld get back to u in the nearest future
Me: Thank u
Vo: enjoy the rest of ur day.
My passport still with them.

I was afraid but ppl I told said it shld b fine.
I did interview on 13 th, checked the status today. I saw issued. Alliamdulilaeh
congrats and job well done . Funny enough my application also went thru admin process though I didn't know until when I didn't hear from them after several days, they didn't ask me for any docs unlike in your case.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:00am On Jun 16, 2018
Kunle2030:

Congrats... if your wife can't make it this time... wait till she's ready, U.S will not run away.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:01am On Jun 16, 2018
lollyberry:
congratulations to u bro, but am confused o, do they ask for statement of account for family vacation

I think it was in Germany.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 11:02am On Jun 16, 2018
lollyberry:
This is not the first transcript that I've read that the VO asked them for statement of account for family vacation. You are advised to go with all supporting documents.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
@lollyberry
Well not necessary to carry statement of acct up and down all u need is confidence and prayer with favour my last interview I carry all my document like say oil company called me for interview Vo check nothing he refuse me and my wife ....with all wahala chia

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Acube2: 12:11pm On Jun 16, 2018
Thanks. So what's up? Since when and have u heard from them
onyxo76:
congrats and job well done . Funny enough my application also went thru admin process though I didn't know until when I didn't hear from them after several days, they didn't ask me for any docs unlike in your case.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Schwartz: 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
seyewest:

I think it was in Germany.
I did mine in Germany too and not a single document was asked. Not even the conference invitation. Interview was over in less than 2 minutes and was approved. I think he is not telling the full story about his past refusals because doubt made them ask for those statements.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2018
This is so emotional for me.
Congrats
God Bless this Consular Officer.
Please come back to Germany and give him that benefit of doubt.
Kunle2030:

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lanbles: 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
Pesuzok:

Your case might be similar to the poster that was just issued. I hope the NGO is well know and reputable, because I think that is what did it for that poster.

About proving your ties, the only way I think is having travel history.
Goodluck

Thanks for your response...

I've only been to Tanzania with same NGO. And it is a reputable one worldwide.
Hope this single travel history Will do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by onyxo76(m): 1:11pm On Jun 16, 2018
Acube2:
Thanks. So what's up? Since when and have u heard from them
got mine four days ago after 27 days post interview, I wonder where they must have been digging about my life all these days
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2018
Kunle2030:

Wow! congrats so happy for u. I know u are so excited but, ps calm down and travel together with y family since u av stated it in y application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Wena1900: 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
Good day house, please i need your advice I have an interview on June 25 for b1 visa am a Lagos state staff nominated to go for a business conference in NYC, I have
A letter from the conference am to attend
6 months pay slip
employment letters and several promotion letters
Introduction letter for my department
letter of sponsor ship by the government
I was told i don,t need my own account statement since i not sponsoring the trip.
my travel experience is South Africa, Kenya,India and last month I was in Canada with my family.
please house what are my chances i heard the US visa is very hard
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2018
lanbles:

Thanks for your response...

I've only been to Tanzania with same NGO. And it is a reputable one worldwide.
Hope this single travel history Will do.
I guess you have booked for an appointment already, just be prepared for the interview and know everything about the NGO.

All the best
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
Wena1900:
Good day house, please i need your advice I have an interview on June 25 for b1 visa am a Lagos state staff nominated to go for a business conference in NYC, I have
6 months pay slip
I was told i don,t need my own account statement since i not sponsoring the trip.
my travel experience is South Africa, Kenya,India and last month I was in Canada with my family.
Just go and get your US visa. I hope you have not been denied before
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
jj17cv:
@lollyberry
Well not necessary to carry statement of acct up and down all u need is confidence and prayer with favour my last interview I carry all my document like say oil company called me for interview Vo check nothing he refuse me and my wife ....with all wahala chia
It doesn't hurt to go with every supporting document. We know they don't check, but it is better to be prepared

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 4:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
Kunle2030:

If you had told the VO you were traveling by yourself, he would likely have denied you. This is the problem... we can’t be trusted to say one thing and stick with it. It’s unusual for a German resident to be denied a US visa, it’s likely you had lied one too many times and they just didn’t trust you. One VO took a chance on you and your very first question is how to renege on the plan to travel with your family?

18 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Acube2: 4:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
Hello good ppl
Pls any recommendations on where I can get the cheapest flight ticket to San Francisco or better still hold the flight with little amount or none.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 4:51pm On Jun 16, 2018
TWoods:

If you had told the VO you were traveling by yourself, he would likely have denied you. This is the problem... we can’t be trusted to say one thing and stick with it. It’s unusual for a German resident to be denied a US visa, it’s likely you had lied one too many times and they just didn’t trust you. One VO took a chance on you and your very first question is how to renege on the plan to travel with your family?
Twooooods is baaaaaaaack! cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Wena1900: 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2018
6 months pay slip
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BarrONLS: 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2018
Wena1900 pls did u get a reschedule for ur interview? Mine was for 25th June too but I got a text that it's now fixed for 29th june

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.