Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1168652 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by therealprinceuk: 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2018
shineforth:

you have a good standing bro...but after perusal of your story I feel the VO is not satisfied with ties you have with your family (family ties) i.e staying apart . Unfortunately this is not majorly a problem but the Nigerian factor is what came into play. maybe next time you represnt your story properly and take copies of your families British passport along, also try and build on ties with your family..(I mean something to show u live together)

Bro in my file I had my wife and children British passport copies, support letters from wife and my UK lawyer. I even included all the Nigerian visas that were issued to my wife/children each time they visit Nigeria. I included old pics and recent pics we took in Nigeria last December when my family visited me.
I choose to live in Nigeria because I have successful businesses here, If I live in the UK I may never make the kind of money I make in Nigeria. At first my wife was against it bc she was making much more money then, but I stood my ground, we visit each other yearly. Now I have successful companies and properties within and outside Nigeria, my wife is marveled and she's planning to move permanently here within 5 years time after we pay off our mortgage in the UK.
Thats why I am angry that they didn't open my file to even look at my documents, they only requested for my passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by therealprinceuk: 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
peacengine:

Bro if u are familiar with VO questions it seems they are mostly interested in monthly income. It must av been a misunderstanding on ur part bro

Ok bro I dont know it all, maybe I didnt understand it.

So incase of next time, bearing in mind that I have boutiques and supermarkets, if asked whats your monthly income I should say 4 million naira, and if asked whats my monthly profit I should also say 4 million naira? Is this what you are trying to say?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 11:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
Your home tie to Nigeria is not strong ENOUGH.
That's a condition and also they are concern about the profit you make monthly.

They don't expect you to travel with your capital naa... I think you missed it at that point.

Seems you are pained o! With your travel history and experience. You shouldn't be angry about it...

One day you will get it

therealprinceuk:

Bro in my file I had my wife and children British passport copies, support letters from wife and my UK lawyer. I even included all the Nigerian visas that were issued to my wife/children each time they visit Nigeria. I included old pics and recent pics we took in Nigeria last December when my family visited me.
I choose to live in Nigeria because I have successful businesses here, If I live in the UK I may never make the kind of money I make in Nigeria. At first my wife was against it bc she was making much more money then, but I stood my ground, we visit each other yearly. Now I have successful companies and properties within and outside Nigeria, my wife is marveled and she's planning to move permanently here within 5 years time after we pay off our mortgage in the UK.
Thats why I am angry that they didn't open my file to even look at my documents, they only requested for my passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 3:38am On Jul 23, 2018
therealprinceuk:
I was denied visa 2 days ago but I still don't know why I was denied, and no I wasn't desperate as I have visas for SA, UK, Turkey etc.
It was supposed to be a family vacation, in NYC 4 nights, NJ 4 nights at my aunt's house and 2 nights in Arizona At the Grand Kenyon.
This is how the interview went...

She asked if I was traveling alone[b], I said no my wife and kids live in the UK[/b], I was traveling to London to meet them so all of us will travel together.
She said sorry I am refusing your visa, the reasons and details are in this paper, she handed me the paper, I left...

My question is, why was my visa refused?
Why was my visa refused? Is is bc of the cities we intend traveling to or what, NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY AND ARIZONA?
Anyways I do not blame these people, if you see the crowd at the embassy you will put in measures to stop as many people as possible. I know for a certainty these countries can NEVER give visa to every Nigerian/African that qualifies for the visa otherwise their won't be enough space to contain everyone.

We will be spending our annual family vacation in Turkey and Greece, if I am in a good mood in December or early next year I may reapply the USA visa but for now I still dey vex bc I shouldn't struggle to get visa to go and spend my hard earned money in someone's country.

@ the bolded, You don't have family ties in Nigeria.

Enjoy your family trip to Turkey and Greece.

Better luck next time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 3:39am On Jul 23, 2018
therealprinceuk:
I was denied visa 2 days ago but I still don't know why I was denied, and no I wasn't desperate as I have visas for SA, UK, Turkey etc.
It was supposed to be a family vacation, in NYC 4 nights, NJ 4 nights at my aunt's house and 2 nights in Arizona At the Grand Kenyon.

She asked if I was traveling alone , I said no my wife and kids live in the UK, I was traveling to London to meet them so all of us will travel together.
She said sorry I am refusing your visa, the reasons and details are in this paper, she handed me the paper, I left...

My question is, why was my visa refused?
Why was my visa refused? Is is bc of the cities we intend traveling to or what, NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY AND ARIZONA?
Anyways I do not blame these people, if you see the crowd at the embassy you will put in measures to stop as many people as possible. I know for a certainty these countries can NEVER give visa to every Nigerian/African that qualifies for the visa otherwise their won't be enough space to contain everyone.

We will be spending our annual family vacation in Turkey and Greece, if I am in a good mood in December or early next year I may reapply the USA visa but for now I still dey vex bc I shouldn't struggle to get visa to go and spend my hard earned money in someone's country.

@ the bolded, You don't have family ties in Nigeria.

Enjoy your family trip to Turkey and Greece.

Better luck next time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:15am On Jul 23, 2018
therealprinceuk:

Bruv theres a difference between sales income and profit.
The first question was how much do you make in a month, I said between 2.5 to 4 million Naira monthly depending on the volume of sales.
The second question was, how much of this is your profit, I said my profit is between 400k to 500k monthly.

I sale goods, my sales volume or income is not the same as profit, this is easy to understand na?
Do you mean capital and profit?
Cos in the context you described, there's no place for income...
Any which way, I'm sure the VO understood you....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Satansadvocate(m): 7:09am On Jul 23, 2018
So i posted recently about my urgent need for the B1/B2 visa for summer holidays and sight seeing,i no just get strength for cold wahala

so i was told by a good fella here not to rush,minding that,i went to US embassy here in Accra cantonement and started processing my visa. Paid closely to 800Gh Cedis to apply,that should be roughly 70 thousand or 75 thousand naira,so they gave me this coming August 20 as my inteview date.

Afer reading about the Nigerian student lady here in Ghana that was denied,she had high spirits up,so it sorta weighed me down.anyhow anyhow na so i take am now

US no be heaven or die. Though i'm optimistic and really looking forward to getting approved and in putting in my best,but if they johnse deny me,no shaking. Africa no dey burn.

I need info on documents i should go with,what im hearing about this Ghana embassy is sending cold faint shivers down my spine.
And my age,heard they factor a lot on age. The person sponsoring this trip is bouyant enough,and have a long history in Law practice.

Any advise or tips will really be appreciated and will go a long way.

Thanks so much in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ebie001: 8:48am On Jul 23, 2018
therealprinceuk:

I greeted the woman but she didn't mind me, she asked for my passport which I handed over to her. she should be above 50 years old, in window 6 or 7, I can't remember. Next time if I ever go back I won't greet them, it seems they don't accept greetings...

In fact when she called me I was happy bc she approved visa for the lady that she interviewed before me. In my heart I didn't want to go to the first lady in window 6 or so, she's very young pretty babe, while I was in the long queue, she interviewed about 7 people and all were refused lol.
So back to my interview, the lady asked where are you going to in USA.
I mentioned New York, New Jersey and Arizona.
She asked have you traveled before, I said yes I have traveled to 10 countries in Asia, Europe and Africa, I presently have 3 visas on my passport.
She asked whats your monthly income, I said between[b] 2.5 to 4 million Naira monthly [/b]depending on the volume of sales.
She said is that profit, I said no profit is between 400k to 500k monthly.
She asked if I was traveling alone, I said no my wife and kids live in the UK, I was traveling to London to meet them so all of us will travel together.

My question is, why was my visa refused? She did not look at any of my documents apart from my passport.
I am not part of the Nigerians that are running away from Nigeria, if I wanted to run away I will be living in UK since 13 years ago bc my wife is British and I have UK visa. But I choose to live in Nigeria even though my wife used to question this decision but I always asked her, is it bc am a black man? If you married an America or Australian will you mandate him to relocate to your country? I am not a billionaire but I am happy that by living in Nigeria and having some businesses here I am helping to grow the economy. Even if its a pure water business or akara that am selling, every month I pay my staffs so I am directly or indirectly feeding many families. I am a serial entrepreneur, every year I travel to top tourist destinations in Europe and Africa and I always come back within 2 or 3 weeks, all the visas and stamps are in my passport, we wanted to go to USA bc I wanted to know if its worth the hype. Besides america is the worlds most important country, I feel I need to visit there even if its for one week.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ebie001: 8:52am On Jul 23, 2018
[quote author=Ebie001 post=69625012][/quote].
Your profile seems good. But Logically how is your monthly income 2m-4m depending on sales and profit 400k? The VO saw that. which means your income is waaaaay more than your profit. I dont think any real business man would run a business like that..

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 10:04am On Jul 23, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Femipac: 10:44am On Jul 23, 2018
Thank you all for all your help and advice so far. My visa got approved today�. This is actually my third trial. I believe consistency in application form and reason for wanting to travel played to my side.

Dnt even bother going to the embassy if you dnt have an important reason to travel. Left to me vacation is not really an important excuses at least not to them with what I have seen today. There are other countries that you can go to.

Valid reason to me will be Business, conferences (well known conferences) and medicals.

I have seen several wealthy family with plenty traveling history got denied(absconding is never on this ppl’s mind) and trust me they have good ties to the country.

Besides I am not a visa expert, this are just the things I noticed during my interview today.

Good luck to future applicants.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 11:15am On Jul 23, 2018
Maybe they should only sell Visa fees to Confrence ,business and Medical only

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 11:18am On Jul 23, 2018
I rescheduled appointment date for a week earlier. Do I have to fill another DS 160 form? Please? Also what is the maximum number of times I can reschedule please? Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mumzt: 11:24am On Jul 23, 2018
Good morning house,

I was the lady that asked how to extract my son's details from drop box application a few weeks ago.

Got my passport back this morning with my visa granted. Alhamdulillah.

No transcript since it's drop box.

Something confusing though, i submitted mine and my husband's together, he being the principal applicant. Surprisingly, I got mine and he's is yet to be ready. Please has this happened to anyone? Any idea what this means?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:49am On Jul 23, 2018
Femipac:
Thank you all for all your help and advice so far. My visa got approved today�. This is actually my third trial. I believe consistency in application form and reason for wanting to travel played to my side.

Besides I am not a visa expert, this are just the things I noticed during my interview today.

Thank you for the Good News on a Monday morning. grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2018
sweetrie:
I rescheduled appointment date for a week earlier. Do I have to fill another DS 160 form? Please? Also what is the maximum number of times I can reschedule please? Thank you

Once.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:51am On Jul 23, 2018
mumzt:
Good morning house,

I was the lady that asked how to extract my son's details from drop box application a few weeks ago.

Something confusing though, i submitted mine and my husband's together, he being the principal applicant. Surprisingly, I got mine and he's is yet to be ready. Please has this happened to anyone? Any idea what this means?

Let wait and see... it's obvious is Administrative Processing is taking longer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mumzt: 12:01pm On Jul 23, 2018
seyewest:

Let wait and see... it's obvious is Administrative Processing is taking longer.

Thank you. I was actually expecting to be called for interview because I had a baby on my last visa. Though I declared I was going for childbirth. As you said, let's wait and see.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 12:06pm On Jul 23, 2018
seyewest:

Once.
Thank you. If I were to change the location from Lagos to Abuja. Would I need to fill a new DS 160 firm and pay new fees?
Also if approved, in how many days can the passport be picked. Thank you very much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2018
therealprinceuk:

Bruv theres a difference between sales income and profit.
The first question was how much do you make in a month, I said between 2.5 to 4 million Naira monthly depending on the volume of sales.
The second question was, how much of this is your profit, I said my profit is between 400k to 500k monthly.

I sale goods, my sales volume or income is not the same as profit, this is easy to understand na?
Which of these figures did you put in the DS 160 form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2018
sweetrie:
Thank you. If I were to change the location from Lagos to Abuja. Would I need to fill a new DS 160 firm and pay new fees?
Also if approved, in how many days can the passport be picked. Thank you very much

You will need to fill a new DS160 form because your DS160 was domiciled in Lagos and since you've submitted it, you will need to fill another with Abuja in mind. You will not pay a new visa fees, if approved it will take you 2 days or more to pick from Abuja while Lagos is 3 days or more.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2018
seyewest:

You will need to fill a new DS160 form because your DS160 was domiciled in Lagos and since you've submitted it, you will need to fill another with Abuja in mind. You will not pay a new visa fees, if approved it will take you 2 days or more to pick from Abuja while Lagos is 3 days or more.
Thank you so much, I have to land in Canada in October. I was hoping her interview date would be closer. I am just confused.

If I were to change to Abuja, would I have to cancel my appointment for lagos and start all over again?

Is there a way to check available dates without cancelling the current appointment (I don't want to lose the date). I have already rescheduled once.

I really apologize for the questions.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2018
sweetrie:
Thank you so much, I have to land in Canada in October. I was hoping her interview date would be closer. I am just confused.

If I were to change to Abuja, would I have to cancel my appointment for lagos and start all over again?

Is there a way to check available dates without cancelling the current appointment (I don't want to lose the date). I have already rescheduled once.

I really apologize for the questions.

Open a dummy account to check free date and click reschedule instead of canceling when you get a favorable date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelwahala: 1:11pm On Jul 23, 2018
sweetrie:
IT WAS A HUGE HELP. Found the Info, I was right. Thank so much!!

Glad that helped you greatly. I wish you success.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelwahala: 1:13pm On Jul 23, 2018
nugoh:

Okay. Thanks. I honestly didn’t think about those odds. But it’s helpful to know the VO’s prospective thought flow. I’ll be sure to let you guys know how it goes.

It's good to have a holistic view of your circumstance before you go for an interview, so you can be able to prove your credibility properly. Wish you the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelwahala: 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2018
therealprinceuk:

I greeted the woman but she didn't mind me, she asked for my passport which I handed over to her. she should be above 50 years old, in window 6 or 7, I can't remember. Next time if I ever go back I won't greet them, it seems they don't accept greetings...

In fact when she called me I was happy bc she approved visa for the lady that she interviewed before me. In my heart I didn't want to go to the first lady in window 6 or so, she's very young pretty babe, while I was in the long queue, she interviewed about 7 people and all were refused lol.
So back to my interview, the lady asked where are you going to in USA.
I mentioned New York, New Jersey and Arizona.
She asked have you traveled before, I said yes I have traveled to 10 countries in Asia, Europe and Africa, I presently have 3 visas on my passport.
She asked whats your monthly income, I said between 2.5 to 4 million Naira monthly depending on the volume of sales.
She said is that profit, I said no profit is between 400k to 500k monthly.
She asked if I was traveling alone, I said no my wife and kids live in the UK, I was traveling to London to meet them so all of us will travel together.

My question is, why was my visa refused? She did not look at any of my documents apart from my passport.
I am not part of the Nigerians that are running away from Nigeria, if I wanted to run away I will be living in UK since 13 years ago bc my wife is British and I have UK visa. But I choose to live in Nigeria even though my wife used to question this decision but I always asked her, is it bc am a black man? If you married an America or Australian will you mandate him to relocate to your country? I am not a billionaire but I am happy that by living in Nigeria and having some businesses here I am helping to grow the economy. Even if its a pure water business or akara that am selling, every month I pay my staffs so I am directly or indirectly feeding many families. I am a serial entrepreneur, every year I travel to top tourist destinations in Europe and Africa and I always come back within 2 or 3 weeks, all the visas and stamps are in my passport, we wanted to go to USA bc I wanted to know if its worth the hype. Besides america is the worlds most important country, I feel I need to visit there even if its for one week.

So sorry for your refusal. It really hurts when you personally know that you qualify for an NIV and get refused.

Let me throw some light on your situation, so you won't blame the VO that interviewed you or the US Embassy.

Nigeria is a country of over 180 million and the truth is you cannot 100% trust documents that originate from Nigeria. The VO has a very short time to decide if you are credible or not. Many Nigerians go as far as placing fake Visas and entry/exit stamps on their passport. So the VO has to depend on your answers to determine your CREDIBILITY not what you write on the form or your documents.

So for your case it's not that you don't have ties to Nigeria, but you weren't able to demonstrate that you are credible.

From the way you answered the VOs questions, if i was the VO, i will also refuse you the visa.

So in conclusion, you didn't demonstrate that you qualified for the US Visa. So please don't blame the VOs, they are not witches or wizards to know you.

Once more, sorry for your refusal.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2018
seyewest:

Open a dummy account to check free date and click reschedule instead of canceling when you get a favorable date.
I have opened a dummy account. But on my main account, I only have "cancel appointment", no reschedule appointment. I have
rescheduled once already. You said I can only reschedule once. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fela4ese: 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2018
Femipac:

Dnt even bother going to the embassy if you dnt have an important reason to travel. Left to me vacation is not really an important excuses at least not to them with what I have seen today. There are other countries that you can go to.

Valid reason to me will be Business, conferences (well known conferences) and medicals.

I have seen several wealthy family with plenty traveling history got denied(absconding is never on this ppl’s mind) and trust me they have good ties to the country.

congrats ur transcript plz
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2018
sweetrie:
I have opened a dummy account. But on my main account, I only have "cancel appointment", no reschedule appointment. I have
rescheduled once already. You said I can only reschedule once. Thank you

You have one more chance to reschedule.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2018
mumzt:
Good morning house,

I may be for several reasons: Finger print, over stay, medicals, new passport, change of details etc to mention but few but no cause for alarm as along as he used his previous visa accordingly.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abbey503(m): 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2018
Good day everyone in the house, I need everyone's advice on dis matter, I was refused a conference visa interview 2016 February, and I want to give it a trial again this time around with visiting visa, buy my plight is that when I was filling the form 2016 I filled it that I didn't know anybody in d US, but now a brother that gotten to d US 2016 through permanent residence sent me an invitation. My point is that in 2016 I filled no that I didn't have anybody in US, but now I have someone within 2 and half year. Hope this won't affect me or I should go ahead with my conference format I used in 2016? Point of enlightenment from everyone.... Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 3:44pm On Jul 23, 2018
seyewest:

You have one more chance to reschedule.
Thank you. Looking at my options. If I decide to fill a new form for Abuja appointment. How do I use the fee paid to book for interview?
1) I use a new email and cancel the previous email account
Or
2) I use the email I already registered, cancel the Lagos interview and start all over again(Change the DS 160 number?
Thank you very much o

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.