Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:59 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1161724 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NiklausAkins(m): 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2017
You don't have to be that harsh, I believe if am not clear with something I have full rights to ask! So please I think you should respect yourself

TWoods:

Claiming to be new is a miserable excuse. Even a child knows how to use the search function

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ghaul(m): 10:33pm On Nov 17, 2017
@LadyG, Justwise, Seyewest, ...all d gurus pls advise....
I have booked an appointment for interview (28/11/2017) - single application. There's a change in plans now, as I intend travelling with my family (wifey and 2 kids).
Pls how do I re-adjust the application to accommodate my family and re-schedule a new interview date?
Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by garcondesucre: 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2017
Ok...transcript goes thus :

Me : Good morning
VO : Morning

VO: passport please
Me : Hands over PP (Heart beating fast now )

VO : Where are you going in the US
Me : Brockton , Massachusetts

VO: what are you going to do there
Me: I got a 21 working days leave approved and I'll be going for my friends wedding & vacation

VO: where do you work
Me: I work as a sales executive with bleep company

VO: Can you tell me about your roles
Me : I manage a sales territory with a team of 7 Van Sales men, I manage company key distributors accounts e.t.c

VO: how long have you been on this Job
Me : 2 years & 7 months ...at this point I was getting tensed but was getting inner strength from how well VO was communicating .

VO: So what does your *cousin* that's getting married do?
Me: I never said my cousin was getting married, my friend is the one getting married, VO apologises and nods head in affirmation

VO : what does your friend do ?
Me: He an aircraft engineer with bleep company

VO: how long has he been in the states
Me : 3 years

VO: Are you married ?
Me : Yes

VO: Why are your wife and kid not going to the states with you
Me: I stated the weather will drop to about -3°c when I'm visiting and its not a perfect weather for a toddler

VO: I can see you're traveling with people, have they gotten their visas
Me: They're currently having their interview so I wouldn't know if they got it (not long after I answered this, one of them was denied at the cubicle next to mine)

VO: have you traveled out of Nigeria before
Me : Not at all

VO: types for close to one minute, confirmed something on PP and brought out a white paper then circle and address and says: your visa is approved please pick your visa at the circled address on Wednesday .

I quickly packed my things and left before she go change her mind ..lol, it was exhilarating to be honest & once again thanks to the brains behind this thread.

God bless y'all , by the way I'm looking for affordable tickets plsssssss! Anyone with head ups should revert.

Thank you all.

23 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by karli4nia(m): 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2017
garcondesucre:

Me: I got a 21 working days leave approved and I'll be going for my friends wedding & vacation

Me : I manage a sales territory with a team of 7 Van Sales men, I manage company key distributors accounts e.t.c

Me : 2 years & 7 months ...at this point I was getting tensed but was getting inner strength from how well VO was communicating .

Me: I never said my cousin was getting married, my friend is the one getting married, VO apologises and nods head in affirmation

Me: I stated the weather will drop to about -3°c when I'm visiting and its not a perfect weather for a toddler

Me: They're currently having their interview so I wouldn't know if they got it (not long after I answered this, one of them was denied at the cubicle next to mine)

VO: types for close to one minute, confirmed something on PP and brought out a white paper then circle and address and says: your visa is approved please pick your visa at the circled address on Wednesday .

I quickly packed my things and left before she go change her mind ..lol, it was exhilarating to be honest & once again thanks to the brains behind this thread.

God bless y'all , by the way I'm looking for affordable tickets plsssssss! Anyone with head ups should revert.

Thank you all.

A BIG ASS LOL @ I quickly packed my things b4 she go change her mind... The V.O dey find you oh! to change her mind... grin ... A resounding Congrats to you...
Not sure oh.... The last I heard of cheapest ticket to U.S was Qatar Airlines...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by karli4nia(m): 11:34pm On Nov 17, 2017
NiklausAkins:

Am a little bit new with this forum.. how do I do that?.. any link??

Hay Buddie! If u still having issues finding it.. Use the link below... Also u can always visit any travel thread by going to the travel section on Nairaland.. Play around with the functions and get used to them...wont hurt...All the best.

https://www.nairaland.com/3905661/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by karli4nia(m): 11:39pm On Nov 17, 2017
cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by karli4nia(m): 11:41pm On Nov 17, 2017
smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by karli4nia(m): 11:56pm On Nov 17, 2017
TWoods:

Claiming to be new is a miserable excuse. Even a child knows how to use the search function

Hmmm...na wah oh! I don't get how answering questions on Lady G's thread can begin to make certain kind of Nlanders feel so important... Arrogant and kinda rude like they have become high school teachers answering questions from high school students.. Not cool..
Ain't it better to ignore apparently annoying questions or kindly answer than sounding kinda rude! What a pity! Just saying...

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 4:56am On Nov 18, 2017
ghaul:

@LadyG, Justwise, Seyewest, ...all d gurus pls advise....
I have booked an appointment for interview (28/11/2017) - single application. There's a change in plans now, as I intend travelling with my family (wifey and 2 kids).
Pls how do I re-adjust the application to accommodate my family and re-schedule a new interview date?
Thanks.

You can reschedule appointment once without having to pay a new fee.. Just log in and readjust to your preferred date.but be sure as any other readjustment after the first will have you pay a new mrv
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 5:00am On Nov 18, 2017
garcondesucre:

Thank you all.

Lol, congrats man
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Weperwema: 8:17am On Nov 18, 2017
@ Everyone Pls I need clarification with this Annotation on the visa page.

DW went for interview and was granted Visa
During the interview she on her own informed the VO that she was pregnant even though she just applied to go on vacation with me this December(I have visa already and traveled before).The V.O asked if she intends to give birth in the US and she responded by saying.... that would be next year in February.The V.O then said he would put that in her records but that she should inform them at the POE when she is doing and get necessary papers ready.Now she is considering going to deliver next year January because the allowed office leave for the December is just for fewer days than expected.She is now planning to deliver in Missouri.

How can we know what Annotation is on her visa?
Would she have any challenge at the POE even with all her possible compliance?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Weperwema: 8:22am On Nov 18, 2017
@ Everyone It is Multiple entry visa though

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jalay(m): 8:52am On Nov 18, 2017
coldsummer:

Where will you be applying from. I don't think Lagos has interview dates for this year any longer.

You may get in Abuja though.

What do you do?

What's your travel history like?

Are you married (if yes are u applying with family)

Thx for your reply.
I reside in Lagos, and work as sales representative at Ibadan.
Not married
My travel history has been all years visit to UK.

Can I go to Abuja since Lagos has no interview date as you said. How true is this??

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 8:59am On Nov 18, 2017
jalay:

Thx for your reply.
Not married

Can I go to Abuja since Lagos has no interview date as you said. How true is this??

Monday Dec. 25 is available in lagos, maybe there other days in Dec.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 9:16am On Nov 18, 2017
jalay:

Thx for your reply.
Not married

Great. Yes go and apply from Abuja.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jalay(m): 9:31am On Nov 18, 2017
domcreative:

Monday Dec. 25 is available in lagos, maybe there other days in Dec.

Well, I haven't started filling the DS-160 online. Likely 20th Nov
I just want to be sure of what I need to get and do to avoid stories that touches the heart.

Dec 25th should be holiday in Nigeria since my vacation is stating on or before 25th.
What chances do I have??
Thx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 9:41am On Nov 18, 2017
jalay:

Well, I haven't started filling the DS-160 online. Likely 20th Nov
I just want to be sure of what I need to get and do to avoid stories that touches the heart.

Dec 25th should be holiday in Nigeria since my vacation is stating on or before 25th.
What chances do I have??
Thx

You don't need to complete your DS-160 to book appointment, just fill the first two page to get your application number and go on cgi to book appointment while you carefully complete your DS-160.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:06am On Nov 18, 2017
domcreative:

You don't need to complete your DS-160 to book appointment, just fill the first two page to get your application number and go on cgi to book appointment while you carefully complete your DS-160.
Not very good advice.
That's what leads to all the mistakes and questions on how to edit the form. If you wanna advice some one to take the short cut, dont forget to mention the downside to it.
Remain blest

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 11:37am On Nov 18, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Not very good advice.
That's what leads to all the mistakes and questions on how to edit the form. If you wanna advice some one to take the short cut, fine forget to mention the downside to it.
Remain blest

My bad, didn't know problem could arise from such. @jalay, LadyG have said it's not advisable, i guess should complete your DS-160 first.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2017
Hello, your case is simple but I think you are scared because there is change in your plan. You and your wife should go for the vacation in December because that's the main purpose she was issued the visa. She can later go to give birth in February (She said that she would use the visa to give birth in February during her interview) The VO already said she will put it her record that she intend to use the visa for birth next year in February. If what you said is true, you have no reason to be scared. Your wife should tell the CBP what the VO said that it's noted during her interview that she will be using the visa to give birth in February. Get all necessary documents needed for your wife POE, doctor's correspondence, evidence of funds available to pay her bill etc. Best of luck.

Weperwema:
@ Everyone Pls I need clarification with this Annotation on the visa page.

DW went for interview and was granted Visa
During the interview she on her own informed the VO that she was pregnant even though she just applied to go on vacation with me this December(I have visa already and traveled before). The V.O asked if she intends to give birth in the US and she responded by saying.... that would be next year in February.The V.O then said he would put that in her records but that she should inform them at the POE when she is doing and get necessary papers ready. Now she is considering going to deliver next year January because the allowed office leave for the December is just for fewer days than expected.She is now planning to deliver in Missouri.

How can we know what Annotation is on her visa?
Would she have any challenge at the POE even with all her possible compliance?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2017
Non immigrant US visa are multiple entry visa smiley grin

Weperwema:
@ Everyone It is Multiple entry visa though

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by favorgO5: 1:52pm On Nov 18, 2017
Goodmorning
Vo: can I have your passport
Me: yes sure
Vo: where are you going too?
Me:Houston Texas
Vo:what is happening there?
Me:visiting my cousin that was a victim of hurricane harvey, I want to help him with clean up and get him some relief items
Vo: what do u do?
Me : I'm a business woman, name of my company is blah , we sell all kinds of fabrics, hair and I also produce my own Nigeria fabrics
Vo:have you traveled before?
Me : yes , have been to U.K., Dubai, Ghana and togo
Vo:do you have ur passport here?(old passport)
Me:yes i do
(Me looking for my old passport, couldn't find it )
Me : oh mine , sure I left it in d car
Vo: can I keep ur passport with me here? go to d car and get it
Me:okay fine
Then I remember my driver took my cousin to d hospital after dropping me
Me: madam I remember my driver blah blah
Vo: can you come back when d driver is back
Me:today?
Vo: hmmm just reschedule for appointment
Mesadfrown my face now) ohh pls can I ask you a question
Vo: yes go ahead
Me:is it going to affect u , I mean is there any rules if you go ahead with this interview because I don't want to come back here ... It would be hard to come back cos of my work and urgency
Vo: depends on you, if u like we can continue
Me: pls continue, ask me any question
Vo:okay, so tell me about U.K.? Where did u visit
Me: i went to U.K. For vacation,(I told her where I stayed and visited for tourist )
Vo: what restaurant did u go
Me(couldn't remember anything again because of d passport issue) oh Nigerian food
Vo: Nigeria food in London (surprised)
Me: my cousin i visited was cooking for me , as a matter of fact , I took some 9ja food when I was going so he was cooking for me
Vo: she finished d word for me 'he was cooking for u
Me: yes I don't risk foreign food like that(that was a lie sha) except pizza that I bought few times.. my own normal food
Vo: laugh .. okay, so tell me about Dubai
Me :: Dubai is strictly for business for me, actually I get my fabrics from china but if it's urgent I go to Dubai to buy , Ghana is mainly for business too
Vo: so u are employed in ur company (trying to twist my brain)
Me : I'm the owner and I have people working for me
Vo: what is ur take home
Me: 350, I get more than that but that is what I'm paying myself monthly
Vo: (she smile and said that is good) how many days do you intend to stay
Me :14days
Vo: so who is going to be taking care of ur business while u gone?
Me: I have capable staffs and my mum invested in me , she's gonna help me too
Vo:okay, I'm going to approve your visa( hands me white paper for collection and put aside my passport)
Me: thank you
Vo: you are welcome
Me: pls ma' what am I going to do with all this paper( confirmation ,gtb , ds160)
Vo: oh we done with it, everything is fine , have a love day dear and make sure you try London food when next u visit(with smile)
Me . Okay I will, Thank u(smile back)

Our convo was like that of a friends of 20yrs(vo and I) she was so friendly that I almost forgot I came for visa.

There were confusion during d interview, I corrected myself and she also corrected me ( like when she asked bout where I stayed in London, thought she was talking about attractive places I visited, I started with Buckingham palace and she was surprised I know someone at d palace , so I corrected myself and she help to pronounce it properly (seems she knows the place because her face was lit when she said fireburn Westminster)she asked if I love London, ofcos I do

I'm single , late 20s and look very young
I dressed like I'm d owner of CBN� (very smart ) with my Arab perfumes (combine).

I PRAYED, I TRUSTED GOD and I say I won't pay attention to anybody or wish for any particular VO to interview me .. first time application,I read NL front to back and I never asked question from here because I took my time to read and my questions were answered while reading .
Thanks to everybody here, God bless y'all(plenty typos, sorry it's too long to edit)

30 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2017
favorgO5:
Goodmorning

I PRAYED, I TRUSTED GOD and I say I won't pay attention to anybody or wish for any particular VO to interview me .. first time application,I read NL front to back and I never asked question from here because I took my time to read and my questions were answered while reading .
Thanks to everybody here, God bless y'all(plenty typos, sorry it's too long to edit)

shocked shocked shocked Wow, congratulations! Unbelievable, that was some nerves there.... On the precipice, abeg oh! Several times I saw REFUSAL/DENIAL as I read your transcript, another realm entirely this is to me, I sure will admit.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ghaul(m): 5:23pm On Nov 18, 2017
domcreative:

You can reschedule appointment once without having to pay a new fee.. Just log in and readjust to your preferred date.but be sure as any other readjustment after the first will have you pay a new mrv

@domcreative..... Thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by johnpoko: 5:43pm On Nov 18, 2017
Good day gurus, I have been following this thread for a long time. I recently completed my DS-160 application and booked appointment for January. I wanna visit my cousin and his family in US by easter next year. I'm single with no travel history, I'm a fashion designer and I own a boutique. Am I good to go?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
Congratulations. Your transcript is amazing, you are very lucky!!!

favorgO5:
Goodmorning
Vo: can I have your passport
Me: yes sure
Vo: where are you going too?
Me:Houston Texas
Vo:what is happening there?
Me:visiting my cousin that was a victim of hurricane harvey, I want to help him with clean up and get him some relief items
Vo: what do u do?
Me : I'm a business woman, name of my company is blah , we sell all kinds of fabrics, hair and I also produce my own Nigeria fabrics
Vo:have you traveled before?
Me : yes , have been to U.K., Dubai, Ghana and togo
Vo:do you have ur passport here?(old passport)
Me:yes i do
(Me looking for my old passport, couldn't find it )
Me : oh mine , sure I left it in d car
Vo: can I keep ur passport with me here? go to d car and get it
Me:okay fine
Then I remember my driver took my cousin to d hospital after dropping me
Me: madam I remember my driver blah blah
Vo: can you come back when d driver is back
Me:today?
Vo: hmmm just reschedule for appointment
Mesadfrown my face now) ohh pls can I ask you a question
Vo: yes go ahead
Me:is it going to affect u , I mean is there any rules if you go ahead with this interview because I don't want to come back here ... It would be hard to come back cos of my work and urgency
Vo: depends on you, if u like we can continue
Me: pls continue, ask me any question
Vo:okay, so tell me about U.K.? Where did u visit
Me: i went to U.K. For vacation,(I told her where I stayed and visited for tourist )
Vo: what restaurant did u go
Me(couldn't remember anything again because of d passport issue) oh Nigerian food
Vo: Nigeria food in London (surprised)
Me: my cousin i visited was cooking for me , as a matter of fact , I took some 9ja food when I was going so he was cooking for me
Vo: she finished d word for me 'he was cooking for u
Me: yes I don't risk foreign food like that(that was a lie sha) except pizza that I bought few times.. my own normal food
Vo: laugh .. okay, so tell me about Dubai
Me :: Dubai is strictly for business for me, actually I get my fabrics from china but if it's urgent I go to Dubai to buy , Ghana is mainly for business too
Vo: so u are employed in ur company (trying to twist my brain)
Me : I'm the owner and I have people working for me
Vo: what is ur take home
Me: 350, I get more than that but that is what I'm paying myself monthly
Vo: (she smile and said that is good) how many days do you intend to stay
Me :14days
Vo: so who is going to be taking care of ur business while u gone?
Me: I have capable staffs and my mum invested in me , she's gonna help me too
Vo:okay, I'm going to approve your visa( hands me white paper for collection and put aside my passport)
Me: thank you
Vo: you are welcome
Me: pls ma' what am I going to do with all this paper( confirmation ,gtb , ds160)
Vo: oh we done with it, everything is fine , have a love day dear and make sure you try London food when next u visit(with smile)
Me . Okay I will, Thank u(smile back)

Our convo was like that of a friends of 20yrs(vo and I) she was so friendly that I almost forgot I came for visa.

There were confusion during d interview, I corrected myself and she also corrected me ( like when she asked bout where I stayed in London, thought she was talking about attractive places I visited, I started with Buckingham palace and she was surprised I know someone at d palace , so I corrected myself and she help to pronounce it properly (seems she knows the place because her face was lit when she said fireburn Westminster)she asked if I love London, ofcos I do

I'm single , late 20s and look very young
I dressed like I'm d owner of CBN� (very smart ) with my Arab perfumes (combine).

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2017
[sub][/sub]
garcondesucre:

Thank you all.

@bolded you killed it with your response fully in charge with confidence.

Congratulations!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2017
kristinbaby:

Nwanne no be luck o! Na mega confidence. She was bold enough to take charge of the interview. Regular folks Wuda panicked but she just let the vo know her time was precious.
Congrats favorg

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 7:09pm On Nov 18, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Nwanne no be luck o! Na mega confidence. She was bold enough to take charge of the interview. Regular folks Wuda panicked but she just let the vo know her time was precious.
Congrats favorg

But some interviewer would think she was lying, when she first said her passport was inside the car and later. She was lucky and grace found her

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by favorgO5: 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Congrats favorg

Thank you my people... LadyG thank you , I was confident to hold my ground.. not luck at all...
Thank you ma'

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by favorgO5: 7:17pm On Nov 18, 2017
kristinbaby:

thank you dear
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by favorgO5: 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2017
OmoBendel24:

shocked shocked shocked Wow, congratulations! Unbelievable, that was some nerves there.... On the precipice, abeg oh! Several times I saw REFUSAL/DENIAL as I read your transcript, another realm entirely this is to me, I sure will admit.

Yes it was God I can say that again... he gave me confident ... thanks G

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.