Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1168624 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 8:36am On Nov 19, 2017
HiredGames:
I get really mad when people attribute Hardwork to Luck.

Common....let's be real here.

In my opinion, one of the most important thing when talking to a VO is your confidence. That transcript showed favourg05 was very confident.....and this was because she had an understanding of how the whole process works.

Many of ya'll go to that interview with your heart in your mouth and even more sadly spending more time to pray than actually prepare yourself.

If she was so confident, she wouldn't be forgetting details of UK trip and that the car she came with already gone to the hospital. Or what is the definition of Confidence again?

She was just lucky the VO seem interested in her story, so many things didn't add up. And some VO will deny someone for same reason regardless of how confident when your story are not adding up.

10 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 8:42am On Nov 19, 2017
DIIGZ:
Good morning all the guru in the house for the job you are doing here, I am the guy that ask some month back that I am an hearing impaired person, my appointment was canceled because I apply early at Abuja embassy and the appointment code was not change which made me loose the first application, I have to pay another 64k,please my question is, is it the V O I will tell I want him/her to write because I can't hear very well, I only watch lips to catch my mother tongues (Yoruba) or I would have met with anyone before meeting the V O, my question in summary who will I inform about my hearing loss for effective communication, am nervous because of my poor communication, please don't mind my long and poor write up, I need my hearing back to get a life of my own, I want to do cochlear implant in Hollywood, hearing aids has turn me deaf... Thanks in advance

There must be a place to fill on your DS-160 your problem and kindly inform the VO before he start the interview if there's anything they can do about it. My thought.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by josiahese(m): 8:51am On Nov 19, 2017
Happy Sunday
When filling my DS 160. Apart from New York that I was visiting as a Tourist I also added A place in Utah.
If am been asked "Where are you going to in the US"?
What would be the proper and convicing way of answering since it's in my profile that am visiting towo States for tourism and vacation ?
Thank You
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HiredGames(m): 9:09am On Nov 19, 2017
domcreative:

If she was so confident, she wouldn't be forgetting details of UK trip and that the car she came with already gone to the hospital. Or what is the definition of Confidence again?

She was just lucky the VO seem interesting in her story, so many things didn't add up. And some VO will deny someone for same reason regardless of how confident when your story are not adding up.

confidence

/ ˈkɒnfɪd(ə)ns/

noun

1. The feeling or belief that one can have faith in or rely on someone or something.

2. The telling of private matters or secrets with mutual trust.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 19, 2017
[quote author=Adeneyagrofeeds post=62507741]Hello house, I really need your help. I have already booked my appointment for January with my old passport which has 5months to expire which I know there's no issue with the US embassy, so right now I wanna apply for UK visa, which I most travel there for Xmas and UK won't issue visa on 5months to expire passport unlike USA. So my concern is can I go to the interview with my new passport which I know the passport number will be different from the old one, I hope it won't be a red card for me? And can US issue visa on the new passport cuz d old one would be cancelled without prejudice [/quote
]

Pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:39am On Nov 19, 2017
DIIGZ:
Good morning all the guru in the house for the job you are doing here, I am the guy that ask some month back that I am an hearing impaired person, my appointment was canceled because I apply early at Abuja embassy and the appointment code was not change which made me loose the first application, I have to pay another 64k,please my question is, is it the V O I will tell I want him/her to write because I can't hear very well, I only watch lips to catch my mother tongues (Yoruba) or I would have met with anyone before meeting the V O, my question in summary who will I inform about my hearing loss for effective communication, am nervous because of my poor communication, please don't mind my long and poor write up, I need my hearing back to get a life of my own, I want to do cochlear implant in Hollywood, hearing aids has turn me deaf... Thanks in advance
I already answered you before sir.
1. You may call in before and ask ahead for a sign language person
2.You may tell the vo that you need a Yoruba interpreter when u meet face to face.
3. You can also communicate by writing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 9:49am On Nov 19, 2017
favorgO5:
Goodmorning
Vo: can I have your passport
Me: yes sure
Vo: where are you going too?
Me:Houston Texas
Vo:what is happening there?
Me:visiting my cousin that was a victim of hurricane harvey, I want to help him with clean up and get him some relief items
Vo: what do u do?
Me : I'm a business woman, name of my company is blah , we sell all kinds of fabrics, hair and I also produce my own Nigeria fabrics
Vo:have you traveled before?
Me : yes , have been to U.K., Dubai, Ghana and togo
Vo:do you have ur passport here?(old passport)
Me:yes i do
(Me looking for my old passport, couldn't find it )
Me : oh mine , sure I left it in d car
Vo: can I keep ur passport with me here? go to d car and get it
Me:okay fine
Then I remember my driver took my cousin to d hospital after dropping me
Me: madam I remember my driver blah blah
Vo: can you come back when d driver is back
Me:today?
Vo: hmmm just reschedule for appointment
Mesadfrown my face now) ohh pls can I ask you a question
Vo: yes go ahead
Me:is it going to affect u , I mean is there any rules if you go ahead with this interview because I don't want to come back here ... It would be hard to come back cos of my work and urgency
Vo: depends on you, if u like we can continue
Me: pls continue, ask me any question
Vo:okay, so tell me about U.K.? Where did u visit
Me: i went to U.K. For vacation,(I told her where I stayed and visited for tourist )
Vo: what restaurant did u go
Me(couldn't remember anything again because of d passport issue) oh Nigerian food
Vo: Nigeria food in London (surprised)
Me: my cousin i visited was cooking for me , as a matter of fact , I took some 9ja food when I was going so he was cooking for me
Vo: she finished d word for me 'he was cooking for u
Me: yes I don't risk foreign food like that(that was a lie sha) except pizza that I bought few times.. my own normal food
Vo: laugh .. okay, so tell me about Dubai
Me :: Dubai is strictly for business for me, actually I get my fabrics from china but if it's urgent I go to Dubai to buy , Ghana is mainly for business too
Vo: so u are employed in ur company (trying to twist my brain)
Me : I'm the owner and I have people working for me
Vo: what is ur take home
Me: 350, I get more than that but that is what I'm paying myself monthly
Vo: (she smile and said that is good) how many days do you intend to stay
Me :14days
Vo: so who is going to be taking care of ur business while u gone?
Me: I have capable staffs and my mum invested in me , she's gonna help me too
Vo:okay, I'm going to approve your visa( hands me white paper for collection and put aside my passport)
Me: thank you
Vo: you are welcome
Me: pls ma' what am I going to do with all this paper( confirmation ,gtb , ds160)
Vo: oh we done with it, everything is fine , have a love day dear and make sure you try London food when next u visit(with smile)
Me . Okay I will, Thank u(smile back)

Our convo was like that of a friends of 20yrs(vo and I) she was so friendly that I almost forgot I came for visa.

There were confusion during d interview, I corrected myself and she also corrected me ( like when she asked bout where I stayed in London, thought she was talking about attractive places I visited, I started with Buckingham palace and she was surprised I know someone at d palace , so I corrected myself and she help to pronounce it properly (seems she knows the place because her face was lit when she said fireburn Westminster)she asked if I love London, ofcos I do

I'm single , late 20s and look very young
I dressed like I'm d owner of CBN� (very smart ) with my Arab perfumes (combine).

I PRAYED, I TRUSTED GOD and I say I won't pay attention to anybody or wish for any particular VO to interview me .. first time application,I read NL front to back and I never asked question from here because I took my time to read and my questions were answered while reading .
Thanks to everybody here, God bless y'all(plenty typos, sorry it's too long to edit)
I dnt knw the definition of grace, but it not far from u...............where was the interview ? lag or abj
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by favorgO5: 9:56am On Nov 19, 2017
concho:
I dnt knw the definition of grace, but it not far from u...............where was the interview ? lag or abj

Yes grace speaks for me... lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 10:00am On Nov 19, 2017
favorgO5:

e b like say i go change mind to lag o......lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by johnpoko: 10:07am On Nov 19, 2017
johnpoko:
Good day gurus, I have been following this thread for a long time. I recently completed my DS-160 application and booked appointment for January. I wanna visit my cousin and his family in US by easter next year. I'm single with no travel history, I'm a fashion designer and I own a boutique. Am I good to go?
please can someone reply me?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2017
On @FavorO5's successful application, clearly, that was a combo of a dint of hard work and fortune (in place of luck, I'm a kingdom person and I'm selecting my words right now), no gainsaying this....

May I use this opportunity to advise others coming behind her, and planning to use same approach, watch it bro, watch it sis, we all have our peculiar cases and enjoy varying graces. What works for one in a particular circumstance may sink another under same or different circumstances. Put your own ties together, stronger and tighter, let your words hang together truthfully, they must not fall flat at the slightest shaking from a VO. Confidence sure has a place, delivery as well, but they are only a fraction of that which combines and fit together to aid visa issuance. Peace y'all!

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:16am On Nov 19, 2017
johnpoko:
please can someone reply me?

Elaborate more on you.... Nobody is in a position to say though, but we can do some educated guess work at best!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by favorgO5: 10:26am On Nov 19, 2017
domcreative:

She was just lucky the VO seem interesting in her story, so many things didn't add up. And some VO will deny someone for same reason regardless of how confident when your story are not adding up.

Hmmm ur comment tho, anyway u can call it luck as for me I won't dare call it luck, God's blessing is not luck.. u weren't d one that had d interview permit me to tell u what happened in there...
I don't even know where I got the nerves to say I don't want to come back here , ask me anything.. the fact that I forgot my old passport on d car seat and my head didn't boot fast that my driver left,(so u mean, u are smarter it can never happen to u?) remember I said 'can I still have d interview today' and she said I should book another appointment, I asked politely (confident again) if I can have d interview without my passport and she said cool... that moment is enough for 'anybody' to forget anything but I was able to put it together after few seconds.. after I answered I don't risk white peoples food, I remember names of restaurant I visited.. do you expect me to now start mentioning You were not there, I'm telling you it was confident that made me ask her if we can continue, I bet u are saying luck because u won't dare ask d same question I asked!!!!! And i was prepared trust me, above all it was God....(Every success story has a rough patch somewhere along the way..maybe mine sha!!!)

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DIIGZ(m): 10:33am On Nov 19, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

I already answered you before sir.
1. You may call in before and ask ahead for a sign language person
2.You may tell the vo that you need a Yoruba interpreter when u meet face to face.
3. You can also communicate by writing

Yes, thanks my lady, I just wanted to know if I will have to inform anyone before meeting the V O, or its the V O I will tell, I don't sign, I can speak and read, so I think, if the V O write I can talk, I am a graduate, it was the hearing aids I started using when I was going for my nysc that deteriorate everything,.... Thanks for your swift response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 11:07am On Nov 19, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

A man can recieve nothing except it be given to him from heaven John 3:27. I know the word of God. Even those that didn't do anything spectacular or plan to abscond, it was still the permissive will of God.
Again. Fortune favours the brave. The same w
Word encourages hard work. Luck connotes lack of hard work. A lot of folks go for interviews without research and " hope for luck'
This applicant clearly has worked on knowing how to manipulate an interview. It is a skill. I have it so I know it
She was being truthful about her travel so why should she be worried. It's a mind set to want something and find a way to achieve it. It's been said here a zillion times, VOs work on psyche. All the plenty uk questions was to watch her body language. Again, with a profile like hers, I would give her the visa if I were a vo
If only future applicants will pick a thing or two from her.

Well if you say it's luck. Then it's luck for u

Well put Lady G.
Besides, the VOs have said that if documents are required, you will be given the chance to submit them later. (Is it that same or similar to Administrative Processing?).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2017
DIIGZ:

Yes, thanks my lady, I just wanted to know if I will have to inform anyone before meeting the V O, or its the V O I will tell, I don't sign, I can speak and read, so I think, if the V O write I can talk, I am a graduate, it was the hearing aids I started using when I was going for my nysc that deteriorate everything,.... Thanks for your swift response
U can ask the clearance people first sha. They can still direct u

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bigbeard(m): 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
garcondesucre:

God bless y'all , by the way I'm looking for affordable tickets plsssssss! Anyone with head ups should revert.

Thank you all.

Contact sujabglobalink@Gmail.com for your affordable ticket.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jalay(m): 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
domcreative:

Lagos or abuja?

Lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by josiahese(m): 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2017
jalay:

Lagos
Happy Sunday
When filling my DS 160. Apart from New York that I was visiting as a Tourist I also added A place in Utah.
What would be the proper and convicing way of answering since it's in my profile that am visiting towo States for tourism and vacation ?
Thank You
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2017
josiahese:
Happy Sunday
Thank You
By answering with the reason you are going to the US na. If you are going to two states you know why, so u tell them. Is there any other way to answer it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by garcondesucre: 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2017
Maybe the G in your moniker is for grace grin

favorgO5:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by josiahese(m): 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
For Vacation and Tourism
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jalay(m): 5:02pm On Nov 19, 2017
josiahese:
For Vacation and Tourism

They knew you are going for vacation, so likely you will be visiting some other pleasurable places like the museum if any is associated to the city you going to. Example North Carolina has beaches and smoky mountains.
Just be on point and don't give too many stories.

I hope I spoke your mind and those concerned.
In my humble self, What do I know? God help us all

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by josiahese(m): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
Can I have your contact sir?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by platypelloid: 9:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
Respect All,
Pls I'm about to spend a 40k to apply for a PhD in one of the iv league schools in Yankee.I am a med doc ,we don't use cgpa,I will also spend about 100k for GRE.
Pls would you advice me to apply for this programme.
The acceptance rate is 14percent yearly.
Kindly advice me pls.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Africankel(m): 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2017
Send them an email with your old and new passport data page. They'll have it sorted out for you. I had mine changed in less than 3 hours.

HRprof:

You did not understand me. Read carefully .
1. My passport has expired and i renew it
2. I login to my previous appointment site to update my new passport and schedule appointment but No option to update passport no.
3. My last interview was 2015 with the old passport number.

My question

Since my exiting login does not permit me to create a new login on appointment site because i cant use same email to create another login. Should i create another login with different email to enable me schedule my appointment with my new passport number.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 10:26pm On Nov 19, 2017
platypelloid:
Respect All,
Pls I'm about to spend a 40k to apply for a PhD in one of the iv league schools in Yankee.I am a med doc ,we don't use cgpa,I will also spend about 100k for GRE.
Pls would you advice me to apply for this programme.
The acceptance rate is 14percent yearly.
Kindly advice me pls.

Yes, you should! Go to the USA student visa thread though.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by platypelloid: 10:35pm On Nov 19, 2017
[quote author=TWoods post=62534562]

Yes, you should! Go to the USA student visa thread though. [/quote

Thank you Sir,
God bless you sir.
Pls again,will you advice me?
The acceptance rate is 14percent
And I'm spending 140k .
Pls advice ,I'm about to take the decision.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2017
[quote author=platypelloid post=62534792][/quote]

Happy to help... you have good credentials and targeting an ivy league is smart on your part. I would target 3 schools, 1 ivy league and 2 mid tier. That way you should receive acceptance from at least 1 (if your college credentials are strong).

This is not the proper thread though... before we both get yelled at.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 2:28am On Nov 20, 2017
lumzybo:

If she was eventually denied, many of the top contributors here ( who are always so quick to judge) wuld av asked for her head. Calling her names... like say dem know it all.

Abi o and the next thing you will see all of them coming out to say her story did not add up, always trying to be associated to people's visa success. I remember one applicant who stated how he drove himself to the embassy but he had to park his car somewhere in surulere due to traffic and had to give his last cash to the security guarding the place he parked his car with d hope that if he gets the visa, he would not mind trekking all the way back from the embassy, but the guy didn't get the visa eventually. You need to see the way the so called gurus crucified this guy say all him story no add up, simply because he didn't get the visa. Am sure if he got the visa Tori for change. Over sabi too much here abeg

13 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by josiahese(m): 5:22am On Nov 20, 2017
VO. Where are you going in the US?
Me. Manhattan, UK.
Should I call the hotel name and the address?
Manhattan is very big..
Should I be exact.
Thank you guys
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 5:46am On Nov 20, 2017
[sub][/sub]
ladylco:

Abi o and the next thing you will see all of them coming out to say her story did not add up, always trying to be associated to people's visa success. I remember one applicant who stated how he drove himself to the embassy but he had to park his car somewhere in surulere due to traffic and had to give his last cash to the security guarding the place he parked his car with d hope that if he gets the visa, he would not mind trekking all the way back from the embassy, but the guy didn't get the visa eventually. You need to see the way the so called gurus crucified this guy say all him story no add up, simply because he didn't get the visa. Am sure if he got the visa Tori for change. Over sabi too much here abeg

I wonder why you guys dey worry on top this issue. She went for the interview and everything worked out well for her . But una dey here dey vex.....if that's the way you see it. Fine.

Ko possible for you and I to see and agree that the glass is empty.

If it is luck
If it is confident
If it is grace.... Something worked for her.

Which one go work for you?
Be positive.

About the guru's....if you're a visa holder am disappointed in your response, Remember you aren't paying anyone salary. Personal opinion given out on daily basis over the years has helped a lot to process applications/granted visas.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.