Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,991 members, 7,799,411 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1167742 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oluomo2009: 3:27pm On Oct 20, 2017
YES I HAVE SUBMITTED IT
seyewest:

Have you submitted your DS160 form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Galantsantana(m): 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2017
DeeTus:
Sorry. You ought to have gotten the visa. How long did you say you gonna stay in the States in your application?

14 days
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oludharey: 4:03pm On Oct 20, 2017
You don't need any document except for the invitation letter from the organization inviting you,and try to knw more abt the organization good luck.
kessel:
Hi people
I successfully scheduled an appointment for 1st of Nov
Aside the letters of invitation and introduction from the Organisation inviting me
*Company Statement of account
*Tax clearance certificate
*Int'l pport
What order document is needed and any interview skill will be welcomed.
Tnx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sebastine1606(m): 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2017
From experience, if you apply again with your family.
You may just be lucky
The VO gave you an insight

Galantsantana:
My transcript. Where I got it wrong plz
Me: good morning
VO: good morning
Me: his was ur nite?
Vo. Fine...... We both smiles
VO: can i hav ur passport?
Me: yeah...sure
Vo: y goin to Texas
Me : to enjoy my vacation &celebrate my bafday in a great environment.
Vo: u hav traveled bfor?
Me: yea listed d few African countries DAT I hav been to( thou visas were in my lost passport which I had stated in my DS160)
Me: what are u doin for a living?
Me: told him my position and d federal agency that I work with. Listed my job duties as well
Vo: OK... How long hav u been working?
Me since 2010.... 7yrs naw
Vo: ohhhh u hav a family?
Me: yes, I hav a wife wit 3kids
Vo: y are u not goin wit any member of ur family?
Me: my wife is busy at work and my kids are in Scl. Wount want anytin DAT wud affect dere edu.
Vo: am sorry..........

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 5:14pm On Oct 20, 2017
Opeyemi007:
So i had my interview at the Abuja Embassy Yesterday, Didn't happen the way i wanted but here's my transcript. Its the second time i'd be denied. The first was in July 2016 while the second time was yesterday. I'm in my finals studying computer science in one of the private universities in Nigeria.

VO- Good morning how are you?
Me- Morning, I'm a bit nervous but i'm fine.

VO- Smiled, Its OK. What High School Did You Go?
Me- I figured the one i filled in my DS-160 was different from the previous one, So i explained i wrote WAEC in one school and NECO in another.

Vo- What university do you go?
Me- ***************

VO- Have you ever travelled out of the country?
Me: Yes.

VO- Where?
ME: South Africa(2013) and Dubai(2014) with my family, Seychelles(JULY 2017) alone.

VO- What were you doing in Seychelles Alone?
Me- I was seeing the beaches and island hopping since it was a week after my birthday.

VO- What does your father do?
ME- I stuttered, He owns a construction and general consulting business and i work for him whenever i have the chance.

VO- Is he here today?
Me- No.

VO- How many children does your father have?
Me- 4( 2 boys and 2 girls) My brother schools in the UK and my Sister got married in June.

VO- I'm sorry but i'll have to agree to my colleagues earlier decision, You can try again when you have stronger TIES.
Me- Thank You.

I was really pained for a few minutes but the fact that i actually wanted to go flex made me get over it. No question was asked about my course or anything. Sometimes i wish they could use a Polygraph at the interview. I thought my school was a good tie cos i don't understand why i'd abandon something i've been doing for the past 3 years to abscond. I'm scheduled to graduate next year. I'm considering the UK/ Schengen but i actually don't want to go to the UK right now because i might have to go there for my masters.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this Trend.
God bless you.

Since you have the fund for US, why not visit UK to strengthen your ties.

My opinion.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Opeyemi007: 5:38pm On Oct 20, 2017
Pesuzok:

Since you have the fund for US, why not visit UK to strengthen your ties.

My opinion.

Understood but like I said. I'd still end up in the UK someday, so I'm thinking about visiting France and other bordering countries.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 20, 2017
Galantsantana:

14 days
That's a bit high. 7 days would have done the magic though.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sebastine1606(m): 6:57pm On Oct 20, 2017
DeeTus:
14 days isn't bad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rachie83: 7:03pm On Oct 20, 2017
DeeTus:
That doesn't mean afterall some go on vacation for 30days.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 20, 2017
Rachie83:
That doesn't mean afterall some go on vacation for 30days.
Every applicant is different. That is why you only have to focus on yourself.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 20, 2017
Giving back ... Silent reader
I don't know how to post on here I hope I got it right anyway .

Went for interview with my wife for b1 b2 visa

Vo good morning
Me and wifey : Good morning with a smile

Vo why are you going to us ?
Me : we are taking a family vacation as this will be our first .

Vo : where in the us are you visiting ?
Me : Houston Texas

Vo :Do you know any one in the Us ?
Me : we don't .

Vo are you going for vacation or honeymoon
Me : vacation

Vo : for how long have you both married
Me : 7 months

Vo : do you have you old passports here ?
Me : I gave her our both old passports .

Vo how long will you be spending
Me : 14 days

Vo where do you work
Me : I explained .. She explained hers too

Vo : facing my wife .. I can see you have traveled before my wife : I have

Vo : where
My wife .. Dubia for vacation . Ghana for official purpose .

Vo : OK

For how long have you been with your current employer
Me 7 year .. Wife answer 6 years

Vo : OK

Vo Where will you be staying in the us .
Me hotel

Vo - for how long have you been married ?
Me -7 months

Vo asked again ... you going for honeymoon?
Me vacation

Me sha see say she bring white paper .. The rest I no hear again .
I don't have any travel history and I have an expired passport too.

I noticed a lot of people were denied really ..
We should learn to dress well and be confident ..
Prepare well enough . don't be desperate ..
Above all pray for favour from God

28 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 7:32pm On Oct 20, 2017
Hello house,

So after almost two years of collecting US visa. I visited last week for 5 days. Back in Nigeria.
Poe was smooth, new York. No much stories asked. Thank God for journey mercies. I visited a lot of towns. Flew Delta local, paid for luggage (e pain me) but it was worth it.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tyman(m): 7:59pm On Oct 20, 2017
seyewest:

Did you travel abroad after the first denial?

No, we did not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Galantsantana(m): 8:13pm On Oct 20, 2017
DeeTus:
Every applicant is different. That is why you only have to focus on yourself.
Maybe if had gone wit my wife, we wud hav been issued. But told d VO that my wife ain't in d country at d moment, she is on.foreign mission & mentioned d internationalnorg she works wit. I just laff comot d guy cubicule cuz I ain't desperate sha.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2017
Galantsantana:

Maybe if had gone wit my wife, we wud hav been issued. But told d VO that my wife ain't in d country at d moment, she is on.foreign mission & mentioned d internationalnorg she works wit. I just laff comot d guy cubicule cuz I ain't desperate sha.
It's all good menh. You'll get it next time. Just relax.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:07pm On Oct 20, 2017
Oluomo2009:
yes
You need to fill another form.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:32pm On Oct 20, 2017
DeeTus:
14 Days is absolutely normal.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2017
tyman:

No, we did not.
You should when you can.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kessel: 12:09am On Oct 21, 2017
oludharey:
You don't need any document except for the invitation letter from the organization inviting you,and try to knw more abt the organization good luck.
shocked shocked shocked
are you kidding me right now
finding it hard to swallow this advice
people please say something about this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Eykins: 1:38am On Oct 21, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm a silent reader. Please I have interview next week with my wife at US embassy. We booked for an hotel and we filled it on ds160 form. But when I wanted to print the hotel confirmation I discovered that the booking has been cancelled and the reason given was that the hotel had issues with booking.com. please what can I do? Help please

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:00am On Oct 21, 2017
kessel:

shocked shocked shocked
are you kidding me right now
finding it hard to swallow this advice
people please say something about this
Normally they don't usually ask for document but things may change so take as much document as you want but don't think your document is what the V.O's are after. Out of 50 applicant they check maybe 2-3 applicant's document.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kessel: 3:42am On Oct 21, 2017
seyewest:

Normally they don't usually ask for document but things may change so take as much document as you want but don't think your document is what the V.O's are after. Out of 50 applicant they check maybe 2-3 applicant's document.
Ok
Thank to you and @Oludharey
Will be leaving for Abuja by Wednesday, remember me in your gist with baba God oo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 21, 2017
seyewest:

14 Days is absolutely normal.
Of course yes. Even one month. It all depends though. You know sometimes this visa thing is psychological. That's why you have to prepare psychologically too, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best. Because the CO's decision is final.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Galantsantana(m): 7:20am On Oct 21, 2017
DeeTus:
Of course yes. Even one month. It all depends though. You know sometimes this visa thing is psychological. That's why you have to prepare psychologically too, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best. Because the CO's decision is final.

It just baffles me y I was refused. Got strong ties- wife,kids, FG job, good pay and composed during d interview.
Met d guy behind me at d interview outside d embassy. He said d moment d guy refused me, everyone on d queue started trembling & dat wit my profile & d way I answered d VO, he knew he wud nt be issued his visa!!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 21, 2017
Galantsantana:

It just baffles me y I was refused. Got strong ties- wife,kids, FG job, good pay and composed during d interview.
Met d guy behind me at d interview outside d embassy. He said d moment d guy refused me, everyone on d queue started trembling & dat wit my profile & d way I answered d VO, he knew he wud nt be issued his visa!!!!
Sorry man. Sorry about that. The truth of the matter is the current US President wants to control the influx of foreign tourists in the States especially from the third world countries like Nigeria, Ghana, and so on. That is why there are lots of tourist visa denials.

If in doubt, just apply for an F-1 visa and see if you will not be issued a visa with this profile of yours.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chibuking81(m): 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2017
smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gbodsman: 3:08pm On Oct 21, 2017
good evening house. please is it compulsory someone print the ds-160 in colored format or it can also be in black and white format? same thing applicable to confirmation page.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kajolplus: 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2017
Color printing is not compulsory. Save cost, black and white printing is enough.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fetrillion(m): 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2017
Sebastine1606:
From experience, if you apply again with your family.
You may just be lucky
The VO gave you an insight

From my observation,u claim to go for vacation n celebrate ur birthday without d presence of ur family...it would have been better if it was a business trip or coferrence..DAT was wot disqualified u

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fetrillion(m): 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
Aibisoye0:
Hello house,

So after almost two years of collecting US visa. I visited last week for 5 days. Back in Nigeria.
Poe was smooth, new York. No much stories asked. Thank God for journey mercies. I visited a lot of towns. Flew Delta local, paid for luggage (e pain me) but it was worth it.
Vo do ask repeated question,its a systematic way to deduce if u are lying...congrat
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by femiayo(m): 7:17pm On Oct 21, 2017
Good evening house I need help. I'm an intending applicant for u.s.a. visa. On reading thru the embassy site I discovered my passport must v at least 6 months b4 expiry b4 I can apply. My passport will expire Feb 2018. Immigration officer v told me I can only apply for another passport November being 3 months b4 expiration of d passport. My question is shld I fill my DS 160 form wt d details of d soon expiring passport or I shld wait till I get d new passport and use it's details. Pls help me out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sebastine1606(m): 7:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
fetrillion:

From my observation,u claim to go for vacation n celebrate ur birthday without d presence of ur family...it would have been better if it was a business trip or coferrence..DAT was wot disqualified u
Am not sure this is for me

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.