Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1168671 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 1:12pm On Jan 18, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Goner than gone.... You will have to pay another visa fee, pretty sorry.

Thank you boss. Just want to be sure ni Jare..... I knw my uncle is just saying garbage
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2018
Hellooooo noble gurus in the house!!!!!!!!!!!
I intended applying for US visit visa online but I was told that I must pay either online or any GTB bank for I have access to DS160 form.
Please is that correct?
Please I need your response to proceed immediately.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 1:51pm On Jan 18, 2018
My opinion:
1. Both of you don't have employed work, I mean work that pays a regular salary with "being in that employment for a long time", both of you engage in activities that can be conducted outside of the US -Your physical presence might not be required for it to run.
2. Your finances - have you travelled as a family on a holiday, outside the country.
3. Previous US Application - if you or/and your wife have applied before as a couple or single.
4. Concerns about your travel history.

vanod:
It was not easy at the USA Abuja yesterday 17th Me and my wife with 2 kids.

After all necessary protocols we went in for interview.

VO: Good morning and how are you doing
Me nd wife: we are fine and you
Vo: Why are you going to the USA
Me: For family vacation, bcoz we have been married for a while and yet to take my family (cut in)
VO: What do you do
Me: I am a business man, I own a registered company bla bla bla (cut in again)
Vo: what is your take home salary
me: it varies but an average 460,000 excluding tax and workers salary.
Vo: have you traveled before
Me: yes to India on 10 days vacation
Vo: which city
Me: Goa
To my wife now
Vo: Madam what do you do
Wify: I am a Business woman i make and sale bla blaa
Vo: You are going to Florida
Me: Yes
Vo: Do you have any relative in the US
Me: No
To my wife again Madam Have you traveled before
Wify: No ( case closed)

Next sorry you are not qualified this time for a USA visa.

Please what went wrong help me analyze the transcript.
Every body before us including family were denied visa except one small boy the mother brought for interview coz she already have her's. yesterday was not a good day at the USA embassy Abuja. including 2 high ranking FRSC officials husband, wife and their son were denied.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Champora: 1:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
Chibabe4Christ:
Hellooooo noble gurus in the house!!!!!!!!!!!
I intended applying for US visit visa online but I was told that I must pay either online or any GTB bank for I have access to DS160 form.
Please is that correct?
Please I need your response to proceed immediately.

You can have access to your Ds 160 without paying, but you will not be able to schedule an interview if you do not pay.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hydrogeology: 2:17pm On Jan 18, 2018
hello Guru in the house, I need you to help analyse my ties are they strong enough, (1) I am a Lecturer in xxxxxxxx Department in xxxxxxxxxxxx school where i teach Hydro/Engineering Geology, I am also a post graduate student in one of the Nigerian University currently running my PhD programe
(2). I am also a proprietor of a Nursery and Primary school
( 3).I am also into farming, currently i have 10,000 cocoa tree and 2000 palm tree trunk in my farm i am also into livestock farming having 3000 birds in my farm currently producing between 94-96 crates of eggs and 8 ponds containing about 10,000 catfishes
(4.)wife is an entrepreneur, she has fashion business with good pay and she is also a postgraduate student in one of the university doing her M.SC xxxxxx will be defending her thesis by July
(5.) No travel history.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gateleo(m): 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2018
ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hydrogeology: 2:59pm On Jan 18, 2018
Hello Eminent Guru in the house, I need you to help me analyse my ties, are they strong enough,
(1) I am a Lecturer in xxxxxxxx Department in xxxxxxxxxxxx school where i teach Hydro/Engineering Geology, I am also a post graduate student in one of the Nigerian University currently running my PhD programe
( 3).I am also into farming, currently i have 10,000 cocoa tree and 2000 palm tree trunk in my farm i am also into livestock farming having 3000 birds in my farm currently producing between 94-96 crates of eggs and 8 ponds containing about 10,000 catfishes
(4.)wife is an entrepreneur, she has fashion business with good pay and she is also a postgraduate student in one of the university doing her M.SC xxxxxx will be defending her thesis by July
(5.) No travel history.
(6.)My Total Income is above 650k
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by De9key: 3:08pm On Jan 18, 2018
Hello all the ogas, I had my interview today and transcript went well as the VO seem pleased until he called like a superior officer to check something on sceen gave the attached form. Biko what does it mean

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 3:41pm On Jan 18, 2018
Your Visa application is still under administrative process....you will be called to pick up your passport or visa if you are successful. Keep praying for good outcome.

De9key:
Hello all the ogas, I had my interview today and transcript went well as the VO seem pleased until he called like a superior officer to check something on sceen gave the attached form. Biko what does it mean
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hydrogeology: 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
Hello Eminent Guru in the house, I need you to help me analyse my ties, are they strong enough? I need urgent appraisal please.

(1) I am a Lecturer in xxxxxxxx Department in xxxxxxxxxxxx school where i teach Hydro/Engineering Geology, I am also a post graduate student in one of the Nigerian Universities currently running my PhD programe.

(2). I am also a proprietor of a Nursery and Primary school with appreciable number of student

(4.) I am also into private geological consult for homes, schools and company on hydrological and geotechnical services. We offer geophysical data acquisition for groundwater investigations and lots more

(5.)wife is an entrepreneur, she has fashion business with good pay and she is also a postgraduate student in one of the university doing her M.SC xxxxxx will be defending her thesis by July

(6.) [b]No travel history.

(7.)My Total Income is above 650k
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by De9key: 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2018
travelsman:
Was you international passport retained by the VO?
No it wasn't. The VO just said a mail will be sent for further clarification .what does administrative process really mean?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:23pm On Jan 18, 2018
Champora:
I had my visa interview today, 9am at US consulate.

Thank you guys so much for all your efforts in putting out information here. As I've received information, so will I also give out my own transcript. I learned a whole lot about being confident and not "cramming your answers." I learned about dressing well from you guys and coming early. Be free, flow and have a discussion if you can with the V.O. My V.O had denied like a family and ... In fact if I was watching well, I think she denied quite a number of people exactly before me

It may be true that the V.O's may not be able to see what you're wearing but I'll say please do your best to dress decently or well enough whether they're looking or not. Be confident and audible, try, even though you're scared. Pray too because the visa anyway isn't always
given to the best dressed. Good preparedness and good chance and you maximizing the opportunity happen to all.

By 10.15 or 10.20 I was done.

Wow... Nice one, which embassy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
hydrogeology:
hello Guru in the house, I need you to help analyse my ties are they strong enough, (1) I am a Lecturer in xxxxxxxx Department in xxxxxxxxxxxx school where i teach Hydro/Engineering Geology, I am also a post graduate student in one of the Nigerian University currently running my PhD programe
(5.) No travel history.

Try to get a travel history with your wife.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tswise: 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2018
Champora:

Thank you guys so much for all your efforts in putting out information here. As I've received information, so will I also give out my own transcript. I learned a whole lot about being confident and not "cramming your answers." I learned about dressing well from you guys and coming early. Be free, flow and have a discussion if you can with the V.O. My V.O had denied like a family and ... In fact if I was watching well, I think she denied quite a number of people exactly before me.

Congratulations....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 4:40pm On Jan 18, 2018
Mmasinachi88:
Good day every one. Please I want to apply for a USA visa but I haven't changed my maiden name on my passport.i want to apply with hubby and son. Do you think it will affect it.

Thanks in anticipation

Not at all, you are good to go as long as you have your marriage certificate handy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:25pm On Jan 18, 2018
@travelwat respect your self

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Champora: 5:45pm On Jan 18, 2018
seyewest:

Wow... Nice one, which embassy

Thanks a lot, US Consulate, Lagos.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 5:53pm On Jan 18, 2018
@hydrogeology
Travelwat had provided you his number to call so that he can assist you with visa packaging.
Go on and give him a call ... and after getting a lifetime ban from the US embassy, you will come back crying on Nairaland with a new thread
Beware of those travel agents. You will be facing a lifetime ban by using their services.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
hydrogeology:
(5.) No travel history.

How do you combine all of these if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
OmoBendel24:

How do you combine all of these if I may ask?
My own opinion is that 60% of what he listed are not ties per say, U.S Embassy clearly listed what ''Ties'' are and I'm not sure they will allow him to list everything as stated.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Eykins: 10:44am On Jan 19, 2018
Please who know the available date for interview at US Lagos embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mmasinachi88: 11:12am On Jan 19, 2018
Please someone help. I made a mistake on my son surname when scheduling an appointment. Will that affect it .I used his English name as surname. Please help urgently
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hydrogeology: 11:19am On Jan 19, 2018
@Omobende, what you read is what i do and i plan my live and leave according to my time table so i don't think you have to bother about how i combine these things what i seek here is knowledge and advice but if what you wanna do is to ask me questions well i think a lot of folks do much more than i have listed, all it takes are careful planning and resources. I think where i need to be present everyday is my lecturing job, the PhD program and the rest operate on instructions and they are part time ok.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fifeayanfehanmi: 11:25am On Jan 19, 2018
thanks everyone for all the inputs I got on this platform. I got my visa approved yesterday...virgin passport,single,no travel history and all the documents I went with were not even checked.I have been following this thread for over 3months.had to start reading from part 1, to part 2 and part 3.first time commenting.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mmasinachi88: 11:43am On Jan 19, 2018
[Thank youquote author=ladylco post=64311847]

Not at all, you are good to go as long as you have your marriage certificate handy[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tswise: 11:59am On Jan 19, 2018
fifeayanfehanmi:
thanks everyone for all the inputs I got on this platform. I got my visa approved yesterday...virgin passport,single,no travel history and all the documents I went with were not even checked.I have been following this thread for over 3months.had to start reading from part 1, to part 2 and part 3.first time commenting.

Woww.. Congratulations. Mine is next week. I pray for positive result like yours. Please share your transcript.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ess: 4:42pm On Jan 19, 2018
fifeayanfehanmi:

Oya transcript...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fela4ese: 9:50pm On Jan 19, 2018
Champora:

Thank you guys so much for all your efforts in putting out information here. As I've received information, so will I also give out my own transcript. I learned a whole lot about being confident and not "cramming your answers." I learned about dressing well from you guys and coming early. Be free, flow and have a discussion if you can with the V.O. My V.O had denied like a family and ... In fact if I was watching well, I think she denied quite a number of people exactly before me.

I left my house around 6am and got to the U.S consulate around past 7am meanwhile my interview was by 9. So I just paid for a place where I would drop my bag safely and then I sat down there till 8.20.

Those photocopy and business guys were just telling me "have you stappled your passport to your DS-160 and done this and done that?" I just told him not to worry that I have everything under control. He even offered to give me his stapler to use for free, I just said thank you, no and I smiled. I did this because the first time I went for my first visa interview, a man working at the Consulate asked me if he'd instructed me to staple my passport picture to my DS-160. I took cue from the last time and didn't bother stapling anything.

So as I was saying... By 8.20 I carried my file and all and went to stand on the line. The queue was long and after passing through all necessary checks. We sat down and waited for the CGI people to tell us to proceed for the interview proper.

Inside the interview room I must've stood in line for almost 1 hour. People wore all sorts of different things, sandals, cover shoes, palms, native, casual, cooperate, etc.

The lady in front of me was quite shaky and I could tell as I stood behind her. I can't exactly conclude but to me, I thought she had crammed all she was saying especially when the nervousness got to her. As they dashed her blue paper, I was up next!

Here is my visa interview transcript. It may not be exact cause I've forgotten some but it went something like this:

V.o: Hi good morning.
Me: smiles. Hi good morning.
V.o: pass me your passport.
Me. Alright
V.o: so how old are you?
Me. I'm 19 years old.
V.o: where are you going to?
Me: I'll be traveling to New York as a selected Bleep to meet with 33 other teens like myself from around the World and attend the Bleep Summit in New York City.
V.O: How long are you staying?
Me: I'll be staying from so so to so time and it's roughly 1 week I'll be in New York.
V.o: (Nods) how was your last visit to the US?
Me: Smiles (because I just remembered my last visit and the memories were so good). It was really good!
V.o: where and where did you go?
Me. We went to California State University, University of Missouri Kansas City, U.S Department of State...
V.o: (cuts in, she looks up quickly at me and her eye shone like something caught her attention and she was just nodding)... in D.C?
Me: Yes in DC. Smiles back.
V.o: Nice! Are you single?
Me. Sorry? (I didn't hear her well). She repeated like 2-3 times before I gave her a puzzled look.
Me: Yes.
V.o: Do you have any children?
Me: I gave her an even more puzzled look (well in all sincerity, I was a little puzzled and I smiled too) No
V.o: (looks friendly and maybe smiles too). Are you a student?
Me. Yes I'm a university/final year student studying English.
V.o what university?
Me. I'm studying at so and so university in Nigeria
V.o (stamps something inside my passport and her face is still friendly) you can get your passport/visa by Tuesday at this location here. (Slides me a white paper.)
Me: Thank you.
V.o: have a nice day.
Me: Smiles back thanks you too.

I was trying to hold my smile as I walked out of the Consulate to go and carry my bag and I thank God a whole lot for the success. This is my second successful Visa interview in different categories just roughly within 6 months and I'm grateful to God.

It may be true that the V.O's may not be able to see what you're wearing but I'll say please do your best to dress decently or well enough whether they're looking or not. Be confident and audible, try, even though you're scared. Pray too because the visa anyway isn't always
given to the best dressed. Good preparedness and good chance and you maximizing the opportunity happen to all.

By 10.15 or 10.20 I was done.
congrats

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.