Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,599 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life (10639 Views)

Lady Indicates Jesus As Her Next Of Kin While Filing A Travel Manifest / This Is Why Every Muslim Should Accept Jesus As Their Messiah. / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by mechanics(m): 2:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
Sure.
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by suavetony(m): 2:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
flairlady:
I used to deceive myself like this in the past.Jesus is supposed to be powerful right?This same power doesn't extend to people that claim he is their best friend.Now,just imagine Bill Gates as your best friend,would you be at your current level?Jesus is totally unnecessary,and that shit about him saving the whole world from sin by dying on the cross doesn't even make sense.Life will be so much easier if Jesus was real and powerful as claimed.People who claim Jesus is their best friend still die from accidents,natural disasters,get murdered and raped and suffer from many terrible things you can imagine.So how useful is this personality called Jesus?The promise of heaven?

Make Him your friend you will then understand. Forgotten the school of thought you borrowed this ideology but almost all renowned philosophers believed in the existence of a supreme being.

Jesus did not promise his followers that it would be easy for them here on earth rather, He ensued them to be faithful till the end so as to merit the Crown of Glory. This is the primary reason He created us; to conquer the world and return back to Him...any other reason is secondary.

He is asking you my dear, what have you done for Him? I am not worthy in anyway to claim to be His friend or godly...but I strive to stand up to continue the heavenly race each time I fall.

Thanks OP for sharing.
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by CHIGIM: 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
I laugh when I see learned people say things they cant really explain more than words, who this una fucking Jesus help if he is powerful like una mumu brain dey talk tell him to come and meet me, Christianity get mental problem

1 Like

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by enemyofprogress: 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
Unlike Mohammed the terrorist grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
CHARLOE:

Cool imaginary friend you've got!

Yeah. . .

So imaginary that He's far more better than you.

Notwithstanding, my Jesus isn't imaginary. How?

When I read His Word, His face looks more clearer and you're able to see Him more clearly. His Word is a mirror of whom He His. . . to me.

2Timothy 4:1: I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom

2 Timothy 4:8
in the future there is laid up for me the crown of
righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge,
will award to me on that day; and not only to m[e,
but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Assuredly, He will appear at His Judgment seat and you will stand before Him in awe, you will marvel in amazement in shock thinking you must be dreaming.

All said and done!
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by Lex11(m): 3:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
Indeed...

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends."- John 15:13

2 Likes

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by Ritajovy(f): 4:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
He is truly a friend. A 24/7 friend. One that even transcends time. Without Him I am nothing. Living without him is living in the past, in caves, using stones to make a fire; the stone age man. I become ancient, obsolete and outdated! Finding Jesus is the greatest thing that ever happened to me. Now I know what civilization truly is!!

1 Like

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by SayeJoe(m): 5:10pm On Oct 15, 2017
I AM SO GLAD THAT JESUS LOVES ME!!!

1 Like

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by sampatdikachi(m): 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
How can I be a friend to Jesus?
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by aribisala0(m): 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
Ritajovy:
He is truly a friend. A 24/7 friend. One that even transcends time. Without Him I am nothing. Living without him is living in the past, in caves, using stones to make a fire; the stone age man. I become ancient, obsolete and outdated! Finding Jesus is the greatest thing that ever happened to me. Now I know what civilization truly is!!
Him dey work for Apple or Samsung?
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2017
wiringdpt:
Have you met him? Psychos believing shit they haven't seen.
BELIEVE IN HIM AND YOU WILL SEE HIM... "BELIEVING IS SEEING."
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
YEAH! CHRIST JESUS IS MORE THAN A TRUSTED FREIND TO ME, HE IS MY FATHER!

1 Like

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2017
YEAH! CHRIST JESUS IS MORE THAN A TRUSTED FREIND TO ME... HE IS MY FATHER!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by CHARLOE(m): 7:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

Yeah. . .

So imaginary that He's far more better than you.

Notwithstanding, my Jesus isn't imaginary. How?

When I read His Word, His face looks more clearer and you're able to see Him more clearly. His Word is a mirror of whom He His. . . to me.

2Timothy 4:1: I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom

2 Timothy 4:8
in the future there is laid up for me the crown of
righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge,
will award to me on that day; and not only to m[e,
but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Assuredly, He will appear at His Judgment seat and you will stand before Him in awe, you will marvel in amazement in shock thinking you must be dreaming.

All said and done!
Didn't want to reply u but felt I shld help a brother. D fact u beleve something wit all ur heart n soul does not necessarily make it true. Most times pple confuse emotions/faith wit spiritualty
U CLD believe a lie n feel good bout it cos u feel/believe it's d truth. I'll leave u wit this: D truth is never scared of Probing/cross examination.
Start studying n asking questions , cheers.
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2017
CHARLOE:

Didn't want to reply u but felt I shld help a brother. D fact u beleve something wit all ur heart n soul does not necessarily make it true.

you don't have the Holy Spirit with you, and that's why you don't believe. That's a fact and truth on its own part amongst many.

Most times pple confuse emotions/faith wit spiritualty
U CLD believe a lie n feel good bout it cos u feel/believe

I believe because the strong feeling that makes me believe is from the conviction of what Christ did for us. The Holy Spirit convicted me, and by so doing, I eventually had that strong 'feeling' which made me believe.

it's d truth. I'll leave u wit this: D truth is never scared of Probing/cross examination.

And I will leave you with this also: "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing, by the Word of God"

Start studying n asking questions , cheers.

When you read God's Word, you're hearing Him speak. The Word carries the necessary and essential truth that provides every answers to my [ignorant] question.

I pray, may the dear Lord help your unbelief to a strengthened faith in Him and His Word.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by Amberon11: 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
Shut up, first you people plagiarized the bible and stole all our revered apostles, prophets and Jesus too.

Secondly this is not the Islamic section. Blasphemy is calling Jesus a mere prophet.
ZaraGift:
This is blasphemy to Islam
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
sampatdikachi:
How can I be a friend to Jesus?

Sam,

To become Jesus' friend, you need to surrender your life to Him, and open the door of your heart to let Him come in.

Sam, Jesus is waiting for you with arms open and stretched wide to receive you, and love you like no man on earth has ever did.

Just come as you are, sam.

He's waiting. Time matters, and more importantly, the salvation of your precious soul.

Please, don't hesitate to mention me if you like to know more about our Jesus, and your loving Father whom is your Lord and Savior.

1 Like

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by aribisala0(m): 9:16pm On Oct 15, 2017
Some white people turned up a few hundred years ago with a book claiming it is the Word of God and so many people foolishly fell for that.
Ask them if God wrote it they start going round in circles and arrive nowhere.
The funny thing is anyone with half a brain can research where it came from to confirm it is the Word of Man
Somehow the story book of Hebrew people is the Word of God.
Ever wondered why did this God not have even one scene in the whole bible script for black people?
We are told God put Adam into a deep sleep and fashionEd Eve from his side and that is Okay. We are told our own stories and myths are foolish.
We are told God sent manna from heaven to feed them for forty years in the desert on the way to the promised Land but our own myths are foolish
God parted the sea for them to walk on dry land and that is totally normal. Jehovah does that sort of thing all the time for Hebrews after all he stopped the movement of the sun so they could win a war but our own stories are foolish
We are told when Jehovah was angry with Hebrews he sent snakes to kill them and to stop it they made an image of a snake and when they looked at it they were healed but when we make images it is idolatry

1 Like

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by babapressy(m): 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
jomboliski:
Jesus a friend indeed He loves you

1 Like

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by babapressy(m): 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
Thank God for the true knowledge of the gospel

2 Likes

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by CHARLOE(m): 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

you don't have the Holy Spirit with you, and that's why you don't believe. That's a fact and truth on its own part amongst many.

I believe because the strong feeling that makes me believe is from the conviction of what Christ did for us. The Holy Spirit convicted me, and by so doing, I eventually had that strong 'feeling' which made me believe.

And I will leave you with this also: "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing, by the Word of God"

When you read God's Word, you're hearing Him speak. The Word carries the necessary and essential truth that provides every answers to my [ignorant] question.

I pray, may the dear Lord help your unbelief to a strengthened faith in Him and His Word.

Regards.

If only u know where I'm coming from, smh. I still encourage u to study n research outside d Bible, proof what u believe, even ur Bible encourage that.
U can start By researching history of xtianity, Jesus Christ etc. Google n YouTube are ur friends my friend.
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
CHARLOE:

If only u know where I'm coming from, smh. I still encourage u to study n research outside d Bible, proof what u believe, even ur Bible encourage that.
U can start By researching history of xtianity, Jesus Christ etc. Google n YouTube are ur friends my friend.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I won't and must not argue with you - it's what I loathe.

However, instead of taking this the long way, why don't you be straight forward, and go straight to your points.

Kindly, provide some brief factoid on what you what me to understand.

I dare you to convince me.
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by sampatdikachi(m): 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

Sam,

To become Jesus' friend, you need to surrender your life to Him, and open the door of your heart to let Him come in.

Sam, Jesus is waiting for you with arms open and stretched wide to receive you, and love you like no man on earth has ever did.

Just come as you are, sam.

He's waiting. Time matters, and more importantly, the salvation of your precious soul.

Please, don't hesitate to mention me if you like to know more about our Jesus, and your loving Father whom is your Lord and Savior.
I've done all these a couple of times and have faced multiple relapses. I believe in Christ and attend church but my friend told me that it doesn't just stop at knowing him but most importantly, having a relationship with him. How can this be done?
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by Jesuschrist419: 10:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
Prognose:

After Jesus had taken the vinegar, he said, "It is finished!" Then he bowed his head and died

And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised

I didn't die for anybody
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by aariwa(m): 10:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
True.There is no alternative to Jesus.I am a witness

2 Likes

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by lereinter(m): 11:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
before nko
who
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 16, 2017
sampatdikachi:
I've done all these a couple of times and have faced multiple relapses. I believe in Christ and attend church but my friend told me that it doesn't just stop at knowing him but most importantly, having a relationship with him. How can this be done?

Sam, I know what you feel. I also feel the same way.

After accepting Christ's Lordship over one's life, one is bound to face temptation, challenges and setbacks, but such is only for us to endure and to strengthen our desire for Christ, and not make us complain or curse God like satan virtually made Job curse God, due to his appalling and dire condition.

It shouldn't make you think Jesus is not with you or does not know what you're going through. His word tells us that "Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because,
having stood the test, that person will receive the crown
of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. -James1:12"

Secondly, your friend's right. Thank the Lord Jesus you have such a friend who inspires you by sharing God's meesage. Having a relationship with Christ is with a steadfast heart and devoted hope, faith and trust in Him.

Sam, having a relationship with Christ comes by;

• Talking to him by spending at least an hour with Him anytime you want to talk to Him via prayer in everyday and moment in life.

• Reading and hearing His Word. You need to believe in it and act on it.

• Doing His will and obeying His commandment.

• Praising and worshiping Him at all time with your heart.

• Loving Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength [Luke 10:27].

Sam, these are the five major keys in having a good relationship with Christ the Lord.

Now, ask yourself, "what am I missing amongst these?"

2 Likes

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by CHARLOE(m): 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

Thank you for your suggestion.

I won't and must not argue with you - it's what I loathe.

However, instead of taking this the long way, why don't you be straight forward, and go straight to your points.

Kindly, provide some brief factoid on what you what me to understand.

I dare you to convince me.
Only u can convince yourself ma broda, do ur due diligence, I no get power 4 argument.
U can google pst Ray hagins for a start.
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by sampatdikachi(m): 12:15am On Oct 17, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

Sam, I know what you feel. I also feel the same way.

After accepting Christ's Lordship over one's life, one is bound to face temptation, challenges and setbacks, but such is only for us to endure and to strengthen our desire for Christ, and not make us complain or curse God like satan virtually made Job curse God, due to his appalling and dire condition.

It shouldn't make you think Jesus is not with you or does not know what you're going through. His word tells us that "Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because,
having stood the test, that person will receive the crown
of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. -James1:12"

Secondly, your friend's right. Thank the Lord Jesus you have such a friend who inspires you by sharing God's meesage. Having a relationship with Christ is with a steadfast heart and devoted hope, faith and trust in Him.

Sam, having a relationship with Christ comes by;

• Talking to him by spending at least an hour with Him anytime you want to talk to Him via prayer in everyday and moment in life.

• Reading and hearing His Word. You need to believe in it and act on it.

• Doing His will and obeying His commandment.

• Praising and worshiping Him at all time with your heart.

• Loving Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength [Luke 10:27].

Sam, these are the five major keys in having a good relationship with Christ the Lord.

Now, ask yourself, "what am I missing amongst these?"
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by lightinchrist4: 1:54pm On Oct 19, 2017
dhope001:
My life as an example. He is truly my oga at the top and business partner. Any time I tell him, *things are dry bring new deals, he always bring it* then we share the percentage. But don't ask how we do share it grin

But make sure its accurate no cheating
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by lightinchrist4: 1:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
ojkalito:
Imaginary being...if only these folks can be spiritual than religious

You have no idea. I pray that you have an encounter with Jesus.
Re: Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life by lightinchrist4: 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
saraki2019:
3 question, i will like to ask is
1-why does no one practice christainity in jerusalem
2-why jews never believed injesus and your bible claim that they are God chosen
3- explain how jesus died for the sin of mankind while we still have fornicators, homosexaul, trannies and bisexual today
4- jesus is not having the qualitities of messiah as describe in talmud
explain?

Give your life to Christ, read your Bible everyday, ask for God's divine interpretation of his word and you will the answer to your questions. There is only one messiah and that is Jesus Christ described in the Bible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World / If I Sell My Property, Should I Still Pay Tithe? / What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.