Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,272 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

North Got Lion’s Share Of World Bank Projects Under Buhari — Documents - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Got Lion’s Share Of World Bank Projects Under Buhari — Documents (3139 Views)

Wike Inspects Projects Under The Rain, His ADC Drenched / President Buhari's Initiated, On-going, WIP & Completed Projects under #FMPWH(1) / 18 States That Will Benefit From $500m World Bank Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Got Lion’s Share Of World Bank Projects Under Buhari — Documents by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 15, 2017
sarrki:

The hatred coming from my generation is shocking. The ability to discard comprehension, commonsense and context, makes one despair.

In 2015, a newly elected President Buhari met separately with the G7, the World Bank and President Obama. He kept talking about how much rebuilding was needed in the North East.

Do we have any idea of how devastated the North East was by Boko Haram? How they bombed infastructure: roads, schools, bridges, telephone masts, electricity transformers, businesses, agriculture, EVERYTHING sef, into the stone ages?

Nigeria has the largest number of internally displaced refugees living in camps in the WORLD. Millions of children are in danger of starvation.

And in 2015, while the President was talking to world leaders and agencies about how this crippled region needed rebuilding urgently, Boko Haram were still fighting back tenaciously. Bombs were going off regularly. Schools were permanently closed. Businesses were dead. Fear ruled supreme.

Let us pause and think about that?

Now, what leader will NOT plead with the world to help rebuild that region? If GEJ had asked the world to rebuild the North East, I would have applauded that.

There is nothing hidden about PMB asking for help for the North East, and getting promises of loans and grants. It was in the press back in 2015. Widely covered too.

Yes, all Nigeria needs investment and infastructure and rebuilding, but in 2015, the situation in the North East was beyond dire. The region was in danger of collapsing. It NEEDED help urgently.

Thus when I heard how this had been twisted into a North/South debate, I shook my head, and disengaged mentally for a few hours.

The WB president will not know how his innocent words have been twisted by a nation so determined to see nepotism and tribalism in the President, they will fish it out where it does not exist.

Please Oga World Bank, let us educate you that Nigeria is not North and South oooo! Please learn all awa regions o! Ehen ;-)..."

~ Bucky 2017

No where near as devastated as the south east after the civil war

To this day nothing has been offered to the south east

When it barks and stoops like a dog, it's probably a dog! Buhari is a tribal bigot and very very sectional leader

He is not a statesman at all!
Re: North Got Lion’s Share Of World Bank Projects Under Buhari — Documents by amazingspiderma: 10:33am On Oct 15, 2017
I can't vote a northerner into Asorock come 2019. I want my conscience to be at peace. Elections is not just APC/ PDP, it is about people's choice.
Re: North Got Lion’s Share Of World Bank Projects Under Buhari — Documents by amazingspiderma: 10:34am On Oct 15, 2017
I can't vote a northerner into Asorock come 2019. I want my conscience to be at peace. Elections is not just APC/ PDP, it is about people's choice.
Re: North Got Lion’s Share Of World Bank Projects Under Buhari — Documents by simaustine: 10:44am On Oct 15, 2017
and what about area devastated by years of oil exploration by Nigerian government.
Re: North Got Lion’s Share Of World Bank Projects Under Buhari — Documents by otil1: 10:57am On Oct 15, 2017
I'm a Nigerian sir. When I made the correction I referred to Biafrans after the civil war.

All this reference to "you", I hope you don't mean North fingering South. Because our discussionhere is why North should be Mr. PRESIDENTS sole interest.

I can also see that you use many different Monika on this forum, well done

QuotaSystem:
On the contrary, you should be the thankful one for the free history and logic lesson you received this morning.

The value of £20 is a baseless topic because you never deserved one penny to even start with. Is it not when you deserve more than £20 in the first place that you can complain about it?

Defeated and conquered people in war typically are taken as prisoners of war and condemned to slavery until they can win back their freedom. Go and research history.

You should be grateful for Nigeria's graciousness.

Re: North Got Lion’s Share Of World Bank Projects Under Buhari — Documents by otil1: 10:58am On Oct 15, 2017
Conquering pls. All these auto correct!
Re: North Got Lion’s Share Of World Bank Projects Under Buhari — Documents by Positivepoint(m): 11:28am On Oct 15, 2017
influenz:
If South East had gotten a fraction of these after the Civil War, I may not really be concerned. Note also, that BH is there own making. They manufactured it, sponsored, ensured that it blossomed and then they suddenly became helpless and started looking for assistance to quell it.

Pls u can create ur own bokoharam and destroy u communities then nigeria will ask world bank to help u with 1 trillion dollars. I hope u will be alive after the destruction ends to enjoy ur share of the trillion dollars
Re: North Got Lion’s Share Of World Bank Projects Under Buhari — Documents by influenz: 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
cry I weep for you.
your school fees must be refunded.
Positivepoint:

Pls u can create ur own bokoharam and destroy u communities then nigeria will ask world bank to help u with 1 trillion dollars. I hope u will be alive after the destruction ends to enjoy ur share of the trillion dollars
Re: North Got Lion’s Share Of World Bank Projects Under Buhari — Documents by Bishop1monte(m): 2:45pm On Oct 15, 2017
North has got more population and more land Mass, and if you are saying the oil is from the south south pls is it not the Money from agriculture they used in exploring oil.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Allegedly Refuses Handshake From Queen Elizabeth II (pictures) / Never-before-seen Photos Of Barack Obama 'doing Push-ups Backstage, Washing Pots / Governor El-Rufai Shows Off His Three Wives At His 60th Birthday Party (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.