Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,497 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? (7208 Views)

What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire / Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ / Lady Who Started 2017 As A Promiscuous Girl Finds Love In Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by piagetskinner(m): 3:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
religion is a scam

but really you don't have to be religious to have access to God. Jesus Christ was never religious...

Christianity is not religion, Christianity is a way of life
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by karkel(m): 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
ThisShouldBeFun:
erm last time I checked the author of ur existence has nothing to do them man made clans/sects
the author of our existence has a resistar called Lucifer, who had introduced fake religion called demonition,or what u call clans/sects
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by walls01: 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:

Belief born from assumption

assumption to you but not those that belief. guys like you try to help explain other people experience. by the mention of the name Jesus everything under, above and on the earth bows I don't expect you understand this. do you even have an idea who are you or how the universe came into existence?
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by Neymar1095(m): 6:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
walls01:

assumption to you but not those that belief. guys like you try to help explain other people experience. by the mention of the name Jesus everything under, above and on the earth bows I don't expect you understand this. do you even have an idea who are you or how the universe came into existence?
You believe because of the assumption that there is a God or jesus Wateva.
Christianity is based on assumption and that is a Fact
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by walls01: 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:

You believe because of the assumption that there is a God or jesus Wateva.
Christianity is based on assumption and that is a Fact
you do not belief because of unbelief even though the fact are clear. I ask you a very simple question let us apply common sense, how do you think the universe came into existence?
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by Neymar1095(m): 6:57pm On Oct 15, 2017
walls01:

you do not belief because of unbelief even though the fact are clear. I ask you a very simple question let us apply common sense, how do you think the universe came into existence?
Do you know what is called the universe
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by walls01: 6:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:

Do you know what is called the universe

you avoided the question. how did life started let me rephrase.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by Neymar1095(m): 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2017
walls01:

you avoided the question. how did life start let me rephrase.
I don't know.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by walls01: 7:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:

I don't know.

I said let us use common sense to think about it. I bet you must have reason for saying God don't exist. either way use common sense to explain how life started or why u think God don't exist
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by Neymar1095(m): 7:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
walls01:

I said let us use common sense to think about it. I bet you must have reason for saying God don't exist. either way use common sense to explain how life started or why u think God don't exist
There is no evidence or prove to show that
God exists . Simple as that.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by walls01: 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:

There is no evidence or prove to show that
God exists . Simple as that.

the evidence is the universe that he created and life itself. except you have a better explanation than I don't know I believe you should stay silent.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by Neymar1095(m): 7:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
walls01:

the evidence is the universe that he created and life itself. except you have a better explanation than I don't know I believe you should stay silent.
Are u a comedian

Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by Neymar1095(m): 7:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
walls01:

Shey you where there when he created the universe. Guy your argument is stall. No points wat so Eva.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by walls01: 7:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:

Shey you where there when he created the universe. Guy your argument is stall. No points wat so Eva.

still I ask the same question why do you think God is not the creator you must have a valid reason.
God holy spirit confirms he is the creator. I guess you don't believe in spirits either?
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by walls01: 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:

Are u a comedian

this is not a laughing matter , this is serious. unbelief is getting in the way of common sense
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by Neymar1095(m): 7:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
walls01:

still I ask the same question why do you think God is not the creator you must have a valid reason.
God holy spirit confirms he is the creator. I guess you don't believe in spirits either?
And i have told you that there is no evidence to show God exists.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by walls01: 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
Neymar1095:

And i have told you that there is no evidence to show God exists.

no 1. life is clear evidence, no 2. holy spirit is a clear witness. no 3 I and many others can testify to this. of course you will say we are delusional. until you think deep and comprehend the universe and the forces beyond human understanding you will remain blind to the fact
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by Neymar1095(m): 8:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
walls01:

no 1. life is clear evidence, no 2. holy spirit is a clear witness. no 3 I and many others can testify to this. of course you will say we are delusional. until you think deep and comprehend the universe and the forces beyond human understanding you will remain blind to the fact
Just imagine nothing sensible or tangible. Christianity is based on assumption and you just proved that. Good day
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by MadCow1: 8:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
Jeezuzpick:

Hmmmmmm..... If your son is being bullied in school and you always show up to fight his classmate who is the bully, even till he's in SS3........... Think about the kind of parent you are.

If you as a man will encourage your son to stand up for himself, take his knocks and be a man, how much more God in whose image you are made?

Just look at a human parent doing right by his or her child, you will understand God, at least a bit. With His help, you can know Him better.

So you mean if you know your son is going to get robbed you will let it happen so you can prove a point to him or pass on a message?

I don't think I will and if you will then your parenting needs questioning and examination.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
MadCow1:

So you mean if you know your son is going to get robbed you will let it happen so you can prove a point to him or pass on a message?

I don't think I will and if you will then your parenting needs questioning and examination.

Well, if you care to know, God is not a politician. He said bad things will happen to people sometimes. He only assured us of His presence, grace and mercy.

He used the word "when" to describe passing through fire and water, not "if". Bad experiences are a matter of time, not probability. However God assures us He will not leave us through whatever we go through.

If God will let us understand that life is a war with battles raging all around, we also need to understand that bad stuff will happen.

People will fall sick, be involved in accidents (both have happened to me, by the way, and I still believe in and serve God, I have had a robber point a pistol at me point blank (no lies) during my NYSC, my wife has undergone major surgery twice and survived both, she is well now) and God will remain God.

Trust me when I say I have been there, and will keep declaring the faithfulness of God.

My personal experience. Yours may differ.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
walls01:

Leave them.

Na "big bang" do am.

Rocks colliding in space and somehow sticking together, forming planets (later they will tell us of elastic collision in physics, I don't know how dry stones can inelastically collide), and somehow water show face from melting ice (where de ice from show oooooo!)

Somehow in the raging ocean elements reacted to form protein, something the most advanced labs still have problems doing even now, in 2017.

Toss a grenade in a bucket of mixed paint a billion times, you cannot come up with the Mona Lisa. It took an intelligence (Da Vinci) to put it together.

However, no one can convince an atheist that the universe is not a mistake.

No. They are too intelligent for that.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by dingbang(m): 8:35am On Oct 16, 2017
HungerBAD:

Anytime bro.

Bro watsup.. Please can you assist me in telling myndd to push this thread to front page... Thanks a lot

https://www.nairaland.com/4117527/how-customize-first-bank-atm
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by walls01: 9:25pm On Oct 16, 2017
Neymar1095:

Just imagine nothing sensible or tangible. Christianity is based on assumption and you just proved that. Good day

the things of the spirit is stupidity to a canal man. man wisdom has limit. good day
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by walls01: 9:34pm On Oct 16, 2017
Jeezuzpick:

Leave them.

Na "big bang" do am.

Rocks colliding in space and somehow sticking together, forming planets (later they will tell us of elastic collision in physics, I don't know how dry stones can inelastically collide), and somehow water show face from melting ice (where de ice from show oooooo!)

Somehow in the raging ocean elements reacted to form protein, something the most advanced labs still have problems doing even now, in 2017.

Toss a grenade in a bucket of mixed paint a billion times, you cannot come up with the Mona Lisa. It took an intelligence (Da Vinci) to put it together.

However, no one can convince an atheist that the universe is not a mistake.

No. They are too intelligent for that.

true, but we cannot allow them to confuse the souls we are trying to win
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? by ychris: 8:46am On Oct 20, 2017
HungerBAD:

Anytime bro.

Please sir, I lost my phone. can you assist me with anything so I add money and get another one?
I'll be glad if I hear favorable feedback sir.
I'm using my friend's phone to type this.
Thanks in anticipation

ECO bank

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pope And Michael Jackson In Hell? Pls Find Time To Read This! / NEWS Flash: Ramadan Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia / Migrant Crisis: Slovakia 'Will Only Accept Christians'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.