Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Modesty: Our Clothing Should Help Us Avoid Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Modesty: Our Clothing Should Help Us Avoid Sin (625 Views)

If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) / Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modesty: Our Clothing Should Help Us Avoid Sin by iliyande(m): 7:34am On Oct 15, 2017
Your clothing sends a message. It can be one of materialism, pride or "look at me". It can be one of sexuality and provocativeness. Or, it can be a message of Godliness, propriety and modesty.

Also, our clothing should show that we are different from the world. This point is becoming even more intense and important given the ridiculously sexual and immodest trend that we see in today's fashions.

...in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation…. (1 Timothy 2:9)

Clothing has two main purposes: to cover the shame of our unclothedness produced by our sin; and to honor God through our modesty and obedience.

Anyone with eyes can see that clothing today, especially with our young ladies, is getting just ridiculously sexual. Some can be easily identified as "hooker wear". The sad part about this is, a visit to most churches won't see much, if any, difference in the level of sexual allurement in the styles our young crowd are wearing. Granted, it's a tough battle for parents to teach their children and young adults to go against the extreme peer pressure, and secondly, to even FIND modest clothing anymore, especially for girls.

It is very hard to find anything that is not skin-tight or leaves the midriff and chest uncovered inappropriately in our markets today.

The hardest part is, our kids don't even realize it is an issue. They only know what they know, and what they have seen. Today's clothes don't seem to be immodest to our children because they have never seen differently. The constant bombardment of half-naked women and muscle-flexing males is so common place that it simply doesn't seem to be an issue to the younger generations.

Let me WARN here, 'any soul you sent to Hell due to indecent and seductive dressing, God will require their Blood from your hand”

What does it cost Sister Elizabeth to dress modesty?
What does it cost Sister Ruth to dress modesty?
What does it cost Sister Sarah to dress modesty?

Some Christian answered Ruth by name, but always loves to portray in Jezebel dressing. While some like to answer Deborah by name but sadly cherish the outward appearance of Delilah. Brother James preferred sagging, revealing his inner boxer. Unfortunately, he wasn’t informed that only prisoners sag abroad because the prison ward always remove their belts. The wages of indecent dressing is HELL FIRE. Hell is still very hot.

Lalasticlala

Re: Modesty: Our Clothing Should Help Us Avoid Sin by iliyande(m): 7:35am On Oct 15, 2017
Luke 6:43- 46 “For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

The primary objectives of indecent and provocative dressing are to defile the mindset of genuine believers. Opt into immorality, fornication, lust, sex, filthiness which wages are unwanted pregnancy, abortions, Death and HELL FIRE.

CC: lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Modesty: Our Clothing Should Help Us Avoid Sin by dingbang(m): 7:36am On Oct 15, 2017
Many people wey dey cover themselves from head to toe sin pass
Re: Modesty: Our Clothing Should Help Us Avoid Sin by nosiebaba(m): 7:54am On Oct 15, 2017
Sadly the way people dress up when leaving their homes is to make others lust after them.
Re: Modesty: Our Clothing Should Help Us Avoid Sin by DanseMacabre(m): 7:59am On Oct 15, 2017
I'm sorry to say, na Deeper Life and Jehovah's Witnesses wey dey dress modest pass, na dem dey debauched pass.

Not to talk of our hijabed umma. grin
Re: Modesty: Our Clothing Should Help Us Avoid Sin by An2elect2(f): 8:37am On Oct 15, 2017
So many modest people in hell. Modesty is good but it adds nothing to our salvation.

(1) (Reply)

Bitter Truth About Catholic Church / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens : A Meal With A Difference / How I Feel When People Say I Use Church Money To Fly Private Jets –oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.