Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,508 members, 7,801,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

- Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (1432 Views)

Anti-atheism In Nigeria / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. / Is The Rise Of Atheism In Nigeria A Direct Reaction To Flaws Of Pentecostalism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Samsimple(m): 5:21pm On Oct 15, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
why did OP invite this person? this thread now would go to sheet
hahaha the guy is not normal
Re: by vaxx: 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
Op, permit me to rephrase your question.. Should students learn how not to believe in God....if this is your question I will say no as a believer but only in public school.........it is not school duty to teach dogma....schools is built to develop students.with Excellency.....ability for self independent thinking'....

Private school should be given an independent right to do what she likes so far it those not violate the nation constitution.... Nigeria constitution welcome atheism

And likewise teaching of God in related to abrahimic major faith should also be scrapped. ...... Nigeria Is a secular state...

God education is not academic nor scholarship, it is a believe system...It should be the duty of mosque and church not secular schools...

However, a moral study can be introduce, this moral study syllabus should be a collective effort of both Muslim , Christian , pagans and atheist.. In reflection with the nation constitution...

My opinion bro...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: by ScienceWatch: 6:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
Martinez19:
Critical thinking and philosophy should be taught instead.

Modified: the application of them too.
You must be joking. The OP's is talking about Pre-school.
Must Atheism be taught in Pre-school ?
You have placed two socially useless subjects on to the Pre-schools curriculum.
Incorrect application of Critical thinking is why you guys spend millions of Naira on data to argue about nothing when children are starving.
Re: by ScienceWatch: 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
Samsimple:

hahaha the guy is not normal
I agree. Remember, Atheism will be easy to teach in Pre-school because the four year old only
have TWO sentences to remember.

THERE IS NO GOD ! THERE IS NO GOD ! THERE IS NO GOD !

JESUS NEVER LIVED ! JESUS NEVER LIVED ! JESUS NEVER LIVED !

I told you not to invite that guy.

1 Like

Re: by Humanistme: 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2017
. Samsimple why did you invite this douchebag to this thread?
Re: by ScienceWatch: 7:09pm On Oct 15, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
How does one "teach" atheism?

Atheism is the easiest and cheapest subject to teach as we all know. The teacher need have no education to do a good job teaching Atheism, as the lowest paid teacher it will drastically cut the financial burden of the educational institution.

The answer to your urgent question hopefulLandlord, can now be respectfully considered. The teacher will indoctrinate the Pre-school children with only two sentences - THEIR IS NO GOD ! and JESUS NEVER LIVED.

The same teacher will follow the class when it graduates to senior school and then tell them the highest truth which is ;

YOU ARE NOT CREATED BEINGs, YOU ARE ALL ACCIDENTAL BEINGs.

At university they will learn how the accident happened billions of years ago.

1 Like

Re: by ScienceWatch: 7:12pm On Oct 15, 2017
Humanistme:
. Samsimple why did you invite this douchebag to this thread?

Samsimple needed to fill his quota of ten invites, so he unwillingly choose me. Well done Sir.

While we at it, what is your shitty contribution Humanistme ? Dont fuxk with me if you are an unregistered Low-Level Atheist who is too cheap to pay his lousy 27,000 Niara per month Tithes to his prophet of modern Atheism Richard Dawkins.

Till then stay out of my way. I am too busy to recognize you.
Re: by ScienceWatch: 8:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
why did OP invite this person? this thread would now go to sheet

Samsimple is crazy guy oo
Re: by Samsimple(m): 8:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
ScienceWatch u have pursue evrybody from this thread oohh
Re: by ScienceWatch: 8:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
Samsimple:
ScienceWatch u have pursue evrybody from this thread oohh

Let me tell you Sir, These Low-Level Atheists are only excited while they are busy spraying their corrosive sperm all over
other decent Nairalanders respectable posts and attacking in the vilest manner others sacred doctrines. Atheists Seem to do it for sexual comic relief.

I am an honorable invited guest of yours and you let your uninvited guests smoke too much weed oo

I think it is time to say good bye - I have other Atheist websites and blogs that are far more rewarding to engage and learn.
Re: by Samsimple(m): 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Let me tell you Sir, These Low-Level Atheists are only excited while they are busy spraying their corrosive sperm all over
other decent Nairalanders respectable posts and attacking in the vilest manner others sacred doctrines. Atheists Seem to do it for sexual comic relief.

I am an honorable invited guest of yours and you let your uninvited guests smoke too much weed oo

I think it is time to say good bye - I have other Atheist websites and blogs that are far more rewarding to engage and learn.

hahaha troublemaker
Re: by Jesuschrist419: 10:12pm On Oct 15, 2017
Samsimple:

hahaha troublemaker
Atheists are winning the battle
Re: by Jesuschrist419: 10:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
ScienceWatch:

Mr low level atheist. Jesus Christ is here
Re: by ScienceWatch: 9:07am On Oct 16, 2017
Jesuschrist419:

Where the fuxck do you come from you Low-life 419ner ! Get off my mentions or I will rip your heart out through your stinking as.s. and quickly hasten your departure so Satan can welcome you home. Your Atheist brothers have already defined you as
an accidental being, a by-product of two misfit planets that crash with a BIG-BANG. You are therefore an immigrant on planet earth where created beings are legal citizens.

This is a serious topic discussing the destruction of our future generation of leaders - our youth.

Corrupt 419ner, There are too many sickos on this thread already and now you come here uninvited !!!
Provide us with proof that you support Atheism. Your type demand proof of any crap that you lay your dazed eyes on. Provide us with proof Fuxkface.

1) Next time, first introduce your mentally diseased self.

2) Then produce proof that you are a registered Low-Level Atheist.

3) Next, produce proof that you have paid your required monthly tithes of 27,000 Niara to you failed prophet of Atheism, Richard Dawkins.

419ner, stop spraying your corrosive sperm over the religious comments of decent Nairalanders for comic sexual relief !!!!
Re: by ScienceWatch: 10:00am On Oct 16, 2017
Jesuschrist419:

419ner, You may be a good teacher of Atheism in Pre-school because you are extremely delayed in your thinking.
All you need to teach the kids are two sentences; There is no God ! Jesus never lived !

Your prophet of Atheism, Richard Dawkins is angry that you are too selfish to pay your tithes and help Atheism grow, yet you fake your support with free data on religious blogs.

The world’s most renowned atheist, Richard Dawkins now says he ‘respects’ the ‘rather profound idea’ of a ‘cosmic intelligence’ but is too timid to say the word GOD because it would dent his established destructive propaganda and weaken the faith of his enraged followers.
Re: by ScienceWatch: 10:04am On Oct 16, 2017
Jesuschrist419:

419ner, You may make a good teacher of Atheism in Pre-school because you are extremely delayed in your thinking.
All you need to teach the kids are two sentences; There is no God ! Jesus never lived !

Your prophet of Atheism, Richard Dawkins is angry that you are too selfish to pay your tithes and help Atheism grow, yet you fake your support with free data on religious blogs.

The world’s most renowned atheist, Richard Dawkins now says he ‘respects’ the ‘rather profound idea’ of a ‘cosmic intelligence’

by David Catchpoole
A correspondent kindly let us know of a BBC television interview with Richard Dawkins which was first broadcast in Britain, shortly after he’d published his latest book The God Delusion.

During that interview, Dawkins let slip a comment which, on the face of it, seems to be an amazing softening in his (formerly?) scoffing disdain for the idea that a ‘Supremely Intelligent Being’ is behind the laws of the universe.
He made the comment while being interviewed with Alister McGrath on the BBC Heaven and Earth television program, hosted by Gloria Hunniford.1 The interview opened with both men recounting how they’d arrived at their present views—McGrath from atheism to belief in a Creator, specifically the God of the Bible; Dawkins from ‘a Christian upbringing’ to atheism. Note the two ‘events’ that Dawkins cited as being pivotal in his slide into atheism:

1. Dawkins remembers thinking, ‘Since there are so many different religions, they can’t all be right’, so he says he became an agnostic. [Indeed, they can’t all be right, but it is logically fallacious to argue from this to ‘they must all be wrong.’ For a counter to this, see: ‘Holy Books?’]

2. Dawkins says the key atheism-inducing event was ‘really when I discovered Darwinism’. [And he’s not the only one to have unfortunately (and erroneously) been so influenced—see ‘Playwright just plain wrong’.]
Sitting next to the eloquently-spoken McGrath, and under some pressure from interviewer Ms Hunniford’s challenge that Dawkins had ‘no proof’ to justify his ‘there is no God’ stance, in his following comments;

Dawkins appears to forget his past outspoken disdain for the concept of an Intelligent Designer:
‘You can’t prove the non-existence of anything, so it’s impossible to prove that God doesn’t exist. … None of us believes in Thor and his hammer, none of us believes in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. … The best explanation I could just about imagine somebody saying [would be] some sort of immense cosmic intelligence—that I could …—I mean, I don’t believe that, but I could just about respect that.’

On the face of it, that’s quite a concession for a fanatic, compared to Dawkins’ previous rants and disparaging insults against any such suggestion of an ‘immense cosmic intelligence’ being behind the laws of the universe.
Re: by ScienceWatch: 10:31am On Oct 16, 2017
Jesuschrist419:

419ner, you Low-level mocker, first go to Sarassin's posts where you can quickly learn the reality of the spirit world.
You will also quickly learn where you are in the spiritual hierarchy. You will love the truth you find about your self or hate it for revealing yourself to yourself.

That will be the very beginning of true knowledge for you 419ner, not your crap secular education that has programmed you
with Version 1.01 so that you will never understand the incredible and far superior power of the spirit world.
Re: by ScienceWatch: 11:19am On Oct 16, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
YOU WANT TO TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO REBEL AGAINST GOD...GOD IS FAIR, HIS GRACE WILL BE PREACHED TO ALL MANKIND BEFORE HE WILL COME TO JUDGE.

Muslims and Christians must never ever commit the sin of bowing to Atheists demands to "PROVE" the existence of God. God has already proven it to them. Let them prove to themselves that God don't exist !!!!
Re: by ScienceWatch: 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2017
Samsimple:

hahaha troublemaker

I will ignore your false accusation for now my friend.

Lets examine Atheism before you introduce it into the national school education curriculum.

We all know by now that the law of life is movement. Man cannot remain immobile like a hibernating toad in the prolonged trance of Atheism. He has to get out of it at some time or other. He has to associate with his fellow humans or with his family or with the world at large. Or he has to attend to one physical need or another. Therefore, he will sooner or later be brought up against the serious limitations of sterile Atheism and the economy destroying characteristic defects of dead-end arguments.

Some of them are serious and important. The seeker who has never met with them, or having met them has never had the courage to face them adequately, can never rise beyond doubt, but will put a premature end to his quest and remain a smug and self-satisfied
Low-Level Atheist who can only copy and paste comments to remain relevant and faithful to his group.
Re: by ScienceWatch: 10:19pm On Jan 27, 2018
Samsimple:
fellow nairalanders please share ur opinion
felixomor scienceWatch bloodofthelamb fleewpeed hopefullandlord analice107 johnydon22.

Samsimple, now that the secret is out in the open, that Atheism is really a religion, it should be taught as a subject in history. Because it is history and has no sustainable value for humanities future.

View this remarkable link to understand what JacksonD7 has revealed about Atheism being a religion;
https://www.nairaland.com/4289018/atheism-religion#64185452

https://www.nairaland.com/4289018/atheism-religion#64185467
Re: by gabe: 9:21am On Jan 28, 2018
lol @ teach atheism. Nobody wants anybody to teach atheism. Just teach them science. stop lying to them some God created the world in 7 days. My American 10 year old nephew knows more about the big bang, evolution, planetary science and biology than many nigerian science university graduates. He wasn't born that way. It's their curriculum. All kids his mates here do are a little math and science confused with bible myths and a lot of church chorus singing or Koranic recitations. And we want to compete with these guys. Mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: by mmsen: 9:36am On Jan 28, 2018
Rational thinking should be encouraged.

You don't need to teach people not believe in fiction.
Re: by budaatum: 3:51pm On Feb 01, 2018
Atheism should not be taught anywhere for it is equally as bad to teach people that there are no gods as to teach that there are gods, in school (I'm assuming all the way up to secondary here).

People should be taught to learn to seek evidence for that which they hold to be true. They should definitely not be told what to believe. The teaching of mathematics would be a very good template. No good teacher would tell anyone to believe in the Phytagoras Theorem for instance, without showing evidence to prove it. The teaching of the theorem goes a step further with the students learning to prove it themselves, or disprove it if they can. All learning should be this way. It is how people learn to be critical, able to self learn and utilise what they are taught.

People should be taught about religions and the history and philosophical ideas behind them. School should however not be church or mosque or temple, and every pupil should understand the fundamental tenets of every major religion in the world. The purpose of education should be to compare and contrast with facts, and not to make pupils believe or disbelieve.

I am afraid though that once the feet of clay that underpin religious belief is eroded, belief itself will disappear and the idea of gods will just die!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opinions Needed: Is Anything Wrong With Nudity ? / Simsons Predicted Kamala Harris' Inauguration Outfit Accurately! / Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Is Finished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.