Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (52880 Views)

Reverend Sisters Dance Kizz Daniel's 'Buga' (video) / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / Obituary Of Reverend Father Cyriacus Onunkwo, To Be Buried With His Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 8:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

The Bible was also written by Man. It didn't fall from heaven.

I laugh at this point, d ark had images on it, y did Joshua bow bfre d ark.....who told him to bow bfre an ark made by man that had images of winged creatures
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
GOD WARNED US NOT TO MAKE ANY MOTIONLESS IMAGE/STATUE OF HIM IN THE LIKENESS OF ANYTHING WHETHER IN HEAVEN OR ON EARTH...IT IS LEFT TO YOU TO PROVIDE THE IMAGE OF THE LORD THE ARK HAD.

Solomon made images in the temple he built for God....u said God instructed him to, I said show me were God said Solomon make an image of cherubims in my sanctuary ur foaming from the mouth
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 8:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

I laugh at this point, d ark had images on it, y did Joshua bow bfre d ark.....who told him to bow bfre an ark made by man that had images of winged creatures

The Ark symbolized God's presence. I am disappointed that you should use the Ark as an excuse for bowing down to the image of a mortal. Fine, the Ark was made by man but it symbolized the presence of God. It was sacred.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 8:12pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

Bro, I asked "who told you to bow down to images?"

Did Solomon create those images to bow down to them? My question since yesterday has been: "who told you to bow down to images?" I can't remember ever asking about the images in your church buildings.

Is the Ark God??.....the Ark was made by man, it was carved ..... that makes d Ark an image..the Ark had further images of winged creatures GOD himself asked Moses to make......isn't it the same God that said do not make images.... Asking moses to make images....is God contradicting himself.

Y did God kill the King who desecrated his chalice by using it to dine with prostitute.....isn't that cup just an image??, of want important is d chalice to God??
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

The Ark symbolized God's presence. I am disappointed that you should use the Ark as an excuse for bowing down to the image of a mortal. Fine, the Ark was made by man but it symbolized the presence of God. It was sacred.

Why should an image symbolize Gods presence.??
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 8:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

The Ark symbolizes Gods presence is that y Joshua should bow to d image of the Ark...is d Ark God??
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 8:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

Was Joshua worshipping the Ark?
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 8:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
GOD WARNED US NOT TO MAKE ANY MOTIONLESS IMAGE/STATUE OF HIM IN THE LIKENESS OF ANYTHING WHETHER IN HEAVEN OR ON EARTH...IT IS LEFT TO YOU TO PROVIDE THE IMAGE OF THE LORD THE ARK HAD.

Oga ansa question oh....don't run away
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 8:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

It symbolized....gbam.....y would Joshua bow bfre an image that symbolizes d presence of God.....who told him to??....were in scripture did he read that from.??....come and ansa don't run away...don't tell me u r choked up o ur lies from d pit of hell
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

It symbolized....gbam.....y would Joshua bow bfre an image that symbolizes d presence of God.....who told him to??....were in scripture did he read that from.??....come and ansa don't run away...don't tell me u r choked up o ur lies from d pit of hell

I see. So, Mary is now in the same league with God. If the Ark was bowed down to, then the image of Mary should be bowed down to also. May God save you from your ignorance.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

I see. So, Mary is now in the same league with God. If the Ark was bowed down to, then the image of Mary should be bowed down to also. May God save you from your ignorance.

When Joshua bowed down was he worshipping the Ark, if he was isn't that idolatry??
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 8:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

The Ark embodied God Almighty.

He and all his men went to Baalah in Judah to bring up from there the ark of God, which is called by the Name, the name of the LORD Almighty, who is enthroned between the cherubim on the ark. (2 Samuel 6:2)

And if I may ask, where is even the Ark today?
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

When Joshua bowed down was he worshipping the Ark, if he was isn't that idolatry??

He was not worshipping the chest but God Almighty. God's throne was the very cover of the Ark. It was the atonement cover or "mercy seat".
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

Oga ansa question oh....don't run away
WHICH QUESTION? I AM NOT TRYING TO WIN AN ARGUMENT HERE...

NOW, THE CHERUBIM THAT SOLOMON MADE WAS IT THE IMAGE/STATUE OF GOD?. HOW DOES THE MOTIONLESS STATUE OF FAKE JESUS, WHICH YOU PEOPLE HONOUR AND PRAY TO BECOMES THE IMAGE OF GOD? IF YOU DON'T KNOW, YOU ARE PRAYING TO A DEMON, AND NOT TO THE LIVING AND ETERNAL GOD...

PEACE AND WISDOM TO YOU FROM CHRIST JESUS THE SAVIOUR OF ALL MEN...AMEN!
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88, I don't know what point you are trying to make. But comparing your idols to the Ark of the Covenant is a serous insult.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 8:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

The Ark embodied God Almighty.

He and all his men went to Baalah in Judah to bring up from there the ark of God, which is called by the Name, the name of the LORD Almighty, who is enthroned between the cherubim on the ark. (2 Samuel 6:2)

And if I may ask, where is even the Ark today?

Yes...but wen he bowed bfre d Ark was it d wood or d cherubim he worshipped??

Y would God take up presence in an image??
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 9:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
WHICH QUESTION? I AM NOT TRYING TO WIN AN ARGUMENT HERE...

NOW, THE CHERUBIM THAT SOLOMON MADE WAS IT THE IMAGE/STATUE OF GOD?. HOW DOES THE MOTIONLESS STATUE OF FAKE JESUS, WHICH YOU PEOPLE HONOUR AND PRAY TO BECOMES THE IMAGE OF GOD? IF YOU DON'T KNOW, YOU ARE PRAYING TO A DEMON, AND NOT TO THE LIVING AND ETERNAL GOD...

PEACE AND WISDOM TO YOU FROM CHRIST JESUS THE SAVIOUR OF ALL MEN...AMEN!

Ur point is baseless.....u said God said no one should make an image and we make images so we r idolaters....I now referred u to Solomons temple....and showed u evidence of images n Gods temple....u said he was instructed by God to make dem, I said show me were in scripture did u find that lie....u could not.......

Mind u if the sanctuary had these images, wouldn't it mean that it was before these images priest then prayed n offered sacrifices...
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:
freshboi88, I don't know what point you are trying to make. But comparing your idols to the Ark of the Covenant is a serous insult.

Why would God take up presence in an image.....I tot images were so forbidden by God according to u
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

Yes...but wen he bowed bfre d Ark was it d wood or d cherubim he worshipped??
Y would God take up presence in an image??
Because He is God. Who can question His ways.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

The Ark of the covenant was also an image created by man and God took up presence in it....Joshua bowed bfre it....was he worshipping the ark....ansa d question
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 9:09pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

So who are u then to criticize and do his job for him??
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

Was Joshua worshipping the ark or its winged creature wen he bowed bfre it??
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

So who are u then to criticize and do his job for him??

I am not doing His job. I am only following His Words. If you can provide evidences that He specifically asked us to make images of Mary and bow down to them, then, I will rest my case.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 9:14pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

Was Joshua worshipping the ark or its winged creature wen he bowed bfre it??

He was in the presence of God. The Ark embodied God. Moreover, you couldn't look straight at the Ark like a dummy.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

I am not doing His job. I am only following His Words. If you can provide evidences that He specifically asked us to make images of Mary and bow down to them, then, I will rest my case.

Hahaha....ignoramus.....his words never asked u to condemn others..condemnation and judgement is for God alone.. Doing his words just like Saul tot he was doing his words passionately wen he was persecuting Christians ....... Show me were he frowned at Solomon for making images of winged angels in heaven, show me were God frowned at Joshua for bowing down to d Ark and its winged creature, then I'll gladly accept and leave d church
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

Hahaha....ignoramus.....his words never asked u to condemn others..condemnation and judgement is for God alone.. Doing his words just like Saul tot he was doing his words passionately wen he was persecuting Christians ....... Showed me were he frowned at Solomon for making images of winged angels in heaven, show me were God frowned at Joshua for bowing down to d Ark and its winged creature, then I'll gladly accept and leave d church
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by freshboi88: 9:20pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

He was in the presence of God. The Ark embodied God. Moreover, you couldn't look straight at the Ark like a dummy.

In the presence of God.......yes he was who told him to bow down bfre an image and its winged creature.....I asked u again was he worshipping the ark or he was worshipping God..third question was the ark God?
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

Hahaha....ignoramus.....his words never asked u to condemn others..condemnation and judgement is for God alone.. Doing his words just like Saul tot he was doing his words passionately wen he was persecuting Christians ....... Showed me were he frowned at Solomon for making images of winged angels in heaven, show me were God frowned at Joshua for bowing down to d Ark and its winged creature, then I'll gladly accept and leave d church

The Ark embodied God so Joshua was merely worshipping God.

As for Solomon, he was not the one that planned the temple. It was all God's plan. Solomon merely executed it.

Read this verse:

Then David gave his son Solomon the plans for the portico of the temple, its buildings, its storerooms, its upper parts, its inner rooms and the place of atonement. (1 Chronicles 28:11)
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Witlee(m): 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
What of when God told Moses to make a snake and our it up so that any body who looks at it will he healed .....Catholics don't worship idols ...they look onto it just like in the time of Moses
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

Ur point is baseless.....u said God said no one should make an image and we make images so we r idolaters....I now referred u to Solomons temple....and showed u evidence of images n Gods temple....u said he was instructed by God to make dem, I said show me were in scripture did u find that lie....u could not.......

Mind u if the sanctuary had these images, wouldn't it mean that it was before these images priest then prayed n offered sacrifices...
FIRSTLY, I NEVER SAID GOD INSTRUCTED ANYBODY TO MAKE IMAGE OF HIM...YOU CAN CHECK MY POST AGAIN.

SECONDLY, YOU ARE ASSUMING THING. NO ONE PRAYED FACING ANY STATUE.

THIRDLY, THE PRACTICE OF THE OLD TESTAMENT/CONVENANT HAS BEEN DONE AWAY WITH...BELIEVERS ARE NOW THE PHYSICAL TEMPLE AND ARK OF GOD.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

In the presence of God.......yes he was who told him to bow down bfre an image and its winged creature.....I asked u again was he worshipping the ark or he was worshipping God..third question was the ark God?

God Himself referred to the Ark like it was Himself.

Read these verses:

1 Chronicles 17:4-6 King James Version (KJV)

Go and tell David my servant, Thus saith the LORD, Thou shalt not build me an house to dwell in:

For I have not dwelt in an house since the day that I brought up Israel unto this day; but have gone from tent to tent, and from one tabernacle to another.

Wheresoever I have walked with all Israel, spake I a word to any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people, saying, Why have ye not built me an house of cedars? (1 Chronicles 17:4-6)
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 9:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
Witlee:
What of when God told Moses to make a snake and our it up so that any body who looks at it will he healed .....Catholics don't worship idols ...they look onto it just like in the time of Moses

Good. Now, show us where God asked us to make images of Mary and bow down to them. And please, did the looking up at the snake become a regular practice or tradition?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Avoid These Sexual Pleasures In 2019 / 'Jesus' Image' Appears Above Colombian City Where 17 People Died Of Landslide / Police Denies Pastor David Elijah's Assassination Attempt Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.