Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? (1305 Views)

Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? / Husband Isn't Male Partner But Master By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Why I Do Not Want To Have Babies After Two Years Of Marriage - Lady Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by mrphysics(m): 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
Happy Sunday

This question have been bothering me for sometime now.

Why do ladies/guys want to marry a God fearing partner but do not want to date same God fearing partner? Why do people want it all hard and hurt in relationship but want it gentle in marriage?

Someone with good answers should please comment.
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by LordIsaac(m): 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
Self centredness and misplaced priorities.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by mrphysics(m): 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
LordIsaac:
Self centredness and misplaced priorities.
I don't understand? Please explain more.

I think relationship is a small model of marriage where the guy serves as the husband and the lady becomes the wife. How come our requirements and needs becomes different in marriage than in relationships.

Come and explain further sir
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by Florblu(f): 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
Because they want to eat their cake and have it

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by ImaIma1(f): 1:20pm On Oct 15, 2017
Florblu:

Get out of my head!
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
mrphysics:
Happy Sunday

This question have been bothering me for sometime now.

Why do ladies/guys want to marry a God fearing partner but do not want to date same God fearing partner? Why do people want it all hard and hurt in relationship but want it gentle in marriage?

Someone with good answers should please comment.

So many similar threads the same, i think the thread should be edited oP, let's not use the word godfearing, but nice...So allow me rephrase, why do people want to date or be in a relationship with a nice person, but would reciprocate the treatment they get?, WHY ? It's simple brov, selfishness,self-centeredness,self-love,self preservation

They want to eat the meal but hate to participate in preparing it

They want to eat , but won't go to the market to buy the ingredients

They want finished materials but don't want to actively involve themselves, hence self preservation...They are pointers to knowing these kinds. The moment, you see anyone taking counter measures before an incidence happens, they have self obsession issues and have this problem..if a person says stuffs like:

if tomorrow comes, you should not say,

When it happens, you will say

So that you will not say

It's the demon schooling them and tutoring them, pushing them out of the relationship....It's a problem and too many times, people are not aware they have these issues...but will find fault in the other party and pin problems on them...
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by mrphysics(m): 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
supersystemsnig:

So many similar threads the same, i think the thread should be edited oP, let's not use the word godfearing, but nice...So allow me rephrase, why do people want to date or be in a relationship with a nice person, but would reciprocate the treatment they get?, WHY ? It's simple brov, selfishness,self-centeredness,self-love,self preservation

They want to eat the meal but hate to participate in preparing it

They want to eat , but won't go to the market to buy the ingredients

They want finished materials but don't want to actively involve themselves, hence self preservation...They are pointers to knowing these kinds. The moment, you see anyone taking counter measures before an incidence happens, they have self obsession issues and have this problem..if a person says stuffs like:

if tomorrow comes, you should not say,

When it happens, you will say

So that you will not say

It's the demon schooling them and tutoring them, pushing them out of the relationship....It's a problem and too many times, people are not aware they have these issues...but will find fault in the other party and pin problems on them...
Wow, supersystemsnig, nice one bro. Your brain is very active.

I will reply briefly.
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by mrphysics(m): 1:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
Florblu:
They?
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by LordKO(m): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2017
@OP

It's obvious that you've an erroneous understanding of what "a God fearing person" is, therefore, the reason you concluded that people do long to marry such a persons but fear/avoid dating them.

Every sane, sound and responsible person I know will give anything to date a God fearing person and equally marry same. Unfortunately, it's always a herculean task to come across one.

A God fearing person isn't necessary s/he that belong to a religious denomination, that goes to either church or mosque, and openly profess God/Allah as his Lord and personal saviour. No.

A God fearing person is someone that's a proponent and practitioner of goodness. This kind of person neither intentionally practice evil nor servility. The most notable hallmarks of a God fearing person are libertarianism and conscientiousness.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2017
mrphysics:

Wow, supersystemsnig, nice one bro. Your brain is very active.

I will reply briefly.

Lol @ Your brain is very active.

Haven't you noticed people have a long list of what they want from people but won't reciprocate the same thing in the list, its selfishness brov...
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
LordKO:
@OP

It's obvious that you've an erroneous understanding of what "a God fearing person" is, therefore, the reason why you concluded that people do long to marry such a persons but fears/avoids dating them.

Every sane, sound and responsible person I know will give anything to date a God fearing person and equally marry same. Unfortunately, it's always a herculean task to come across one.

A God fearing person isn't necessary s/he that belong to a religious denomination, that goes to either church or mosque, and openly profess God/Allah as his Lord and personal saviour. No.

A God fearing person is someone that's a proponent and practitioner of goodness. This kind of person neither practice evil nor servility. The most notable hallmarks of a God fearing person are libertarianism and conscientiousness.

Claps...On point

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by mrphysics(m): 1:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Lol @ Your brain is very active.

Haven't you noticed people have a long list of what they want from people but won't reciprocate the same thing in the list, its selfishness brov...
It's true. They have long list of requirements, yet they find it unnecessary to improve themselves or those around them.

They are always frustrated on the long run. They always realize at last that they do not know what they want

And they end up settling for less.
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by mrphysics(m): 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
LordKO:
@OP

It's obvious that you've an erroneous understanding of what "a God fearing person" is, therefore, the reason why you concluded that people do long to marry such a persons but fears/avoids dating them.

A God fearing person is someone that's a proponent and practitioner of goodness. This kind of person neither intentionally practice evil nor servility. The most notable hallmarks of a God fearing person are libertarianism and conscientiousness.

A God fearing person us a person who holds the law and love of God in high esteem. The person knows the value of his/her belief. In all times, this person upholds his belief and reaffirms their faith.

It's true that on average, people do not want to date them or those that date them seem to date to deceive them. But when it comes to marriage, they are most sort for.
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 15, 2017
mrphysics:

It's true. They have long list of requirements, yet they find it unnecessary to improve themselves or those around them.

They are always frustrated on the long run. They always realize at last that they do not know what they want

And they end up settling for less.

Well, i always say self awareness is the beginning to improvement. If i find a lady that is aware of her weakness, i'm good to date her...Not seeking perfection..The self aware person will always strive to become better.

Secondly, when issues arises, they now begin to connect dots, saying i knew, i said it that you will, and try to play the i told you card, affirming their own insecurity issues that must times is the stumbling block keeping them from healthy fruitful relationships.... So, setting bobby traps, and rules that inhibits goodness is the cause of problems with many people..

I was gisting with my female friends on this smae subject matter, they concluded that these kinds end up with less than they should get...

May God help us brov

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by Cuddlebugie(f): 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
I see 'THEY' all over the place. I guess the ones who don't fall in the 'they' category, the posters on this thread are the God fearing ones.
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by LordIsaac(m): 2:10pm On Oct 15, 2017
[quote author=mrphysics post=61441171]
I don't understand? Please explain more.

I think relationship is a small model of marriage where the guy serves as the husband and the lady becomes the wife. How come our requirements and needs becomes different in marriage than in relationships.

Come and explain further sir[/quote
What I mean is this, selfishness is wanting to sleep arounɗ while single, ɓut desiring a principled laɗy or guƴ for marriage. Also, setting my priorities right would help me keep myself for my future spouse and date only people I can marry no matter the circumstances.
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by LordKO(m): 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2017
mrphysics:

A God fearing person us a person who holds the law and love of God in high esteem. The person knows the value of his/her belief. In all times, this person upholds his belief and reaffirms their faith.

It's true that on average, people do not want to date them or those that date them seem to date to deceive them. But when it comes to marriage, they are most sort for.

Goodness knows no religion - this invalidate your value of belief position. God's just and for all that exist because he created and owns all. . . you and I are the imperfect manifestations of the perfect him, therefore, in one's act of goodness I see him (God).

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by Florblu(f): 3:10pm On Oct 15, 2017
mrphysics:
They?

Yes.
Check your dictionary for the meaning#EvilGrin
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
ImaIma1:

Get out of my head!

wow, you are one of the few old nairaland members. since 2011. Na wa oh
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 15, 2017
Anyway OP. Its the nature of Humans generally. Same way as man wanting a Freak in the Night and Angel in the morning. Better to just roll with it than try to fight it. The only issue is Women are more complicated beings than Men.

I mean, you need to play Women's game at some point if you really want to settle down. If your girlfriend likes Bad-boys in relationship. You just have to become a bad boy to keep her. And if she later demands good guy in marriage. You just have to switch as well.

Issue is, only few people can do two roles at a time.
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
cruchenutii:
Anyway OP. Its the nature of Humans generally. Same way as man wanting a Freak in the Night and Angel in the morning. Better to just roll with it than try to fight it. The only issue is Women are more complicated beings than Men.

I mean, you need to play Women's game at some point if you really want to settle down. If your girlfriend likes Bad-boys in relationship. You just have to become a bad boy to keep her. And if she later demands good guy in marriage. You just have to switch as well.

Word !

But when one can play both roles without any hiccups, it's easy to be labelled as bi-polar, because performing both roles exceptionally requires some movement between extremes...How about, lady folks tapering their good boy, bad guy desires to the middle to provide a safe landing...

The desire for bad boy xteristics is just so overwhelming that they forget or rather overlook the attributes of the good individual before their faces..Consequently, they end up with a bad guy as they desire and bad guy's garbage,a nd can't deal with it on the long run.... cheesy
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by mrphysics(m): 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
cruchenutii:

You are very correct. They are sensitive beings and I guess people are playing their games.

Thanks for the contribution.

Some desperately need bad boy to date and God fearing man to marry
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by mrphysics(m): 6:57pm On Oct 15, 2017
Florblu:

Yes.
Check your dictionary for the meaning#EvilGrin
You should have made a contribution than all this.
Kindly respond to the post
Re: Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? by mrphysics(m): 6:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
LordKO:

Goodness knows no religion - this invalidate your value of belief position. God's just and for all that exist because he created and own's all. . . you and I are the imperfect manifestations of the perfect him, therefore, in one's act of goodness I see him (God).

Being good and religious are two different but similar thing.

Someone can be good but not religious/God fearing.

(1) (Reply)

Are There Herbs To Make A Man Faithful / See Service Of Songs Poster For Boat Mishap Hero, Joe Blackson / Condition For Divorce In Ghana, Do You Think we should adopt this in naija?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.