Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) (88126 Views)

Lady Burns Virgin Mary’s Statue In Enugu (Photos) / Virgin Mary Miracle Of The Sun In Lagos On 28th Oct. 2017 (Video) / Mary Appears Live In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by Nobody: 5:07am On Oct 16, 2017
Venymen:
All d Christians stroking catholic church please which and were is the origin of your present church? Judge not what u don't know, new generation churches i pity

Exactly
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by Nobody: 5:10am On Oct 16, 2017
Nicevibes:
Smh. Bunch of fools. ✅

You and your family

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by internetpo(m): 6:39am On Oct 16, 2017
zionmade1:
Everyday i try hard to convince myself that catholics are not idolaters but these kinds of news keep dealing blows to that believe.

Stupidity is wen u ask mary who is in heaven to help u talk to the person who lives in u. Wat sort of ignorance is that? All through the books of Acts from 3-Revelation there was no where any reverence to mary was made, is it that catholics are wiser than the apostles.
Hope we all make heaven at the end of the day

KunkAcid:
shocked

VIRGIN MARY?

When she purportedly appeared did she introduce herself as a virgin or you guys got someone to examine her for proof of virginity?

So after giving birth to Jesus and other children whom Joseph the carpenter fathered, her hymen was never broken right

The level of madness and ignorance being portrayed by these Orthodox religious sycophants is quite unforgiving.

Bunch of Idol worshippers claiming churchie!

Nonsense!

You will never understand the catholic church as long as you have a deep rooted bias for it. An institution that has lasted over 2000 years despite heresies, pains, wars, internal conflict and scandal is nothing compared to you or your institution church with less than 3 decades on earth.

Yes not much in the new testament is written about mary but relying solely on scriptures (sola scriptura) for your teachings and believe is truly wrong. Ignorance is indeed bliss.

please go through the history of christianity, not just what your pastors say, go back in time from the beginning then you'll have a broader opinion about not just catholics or christianity and your own faith but religion in general. Ask for divine guidiance and seek the truth. Only the truth will set you free.

3 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by zionmade1: 6:41am On Oct 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

Thank God you came out of a woman's yansh
That was never meant to be a discrimination against women, I have uttermost respect for every woman. I meant to say keep asking a human, Just like i would also say keep asking a mere man.

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by zionmade1: 6:51am On Oct 16, 2017
internetpo:

You will never understand the catholic church as long as you have a deep rooted bias for it. An institution that has lasted over 2000 years despite heresies, pains, wars, internal conflict and scandal is nothing compared to you or your institution church with less than 3 decades on earth.

Yes not much in the new testament is written about mary but relying solely on scriptures (sola scriptura) for your teachings and believe is truly wrong. Ignorance is indeed bliss.

please go through the history of christianity, not just what your pastors say, go back in time from the beginning then you'll have a broader opinion about not just catholics or christianity and your own faith but religion in general. Ask for divine guidiance and seek the truth. Only the truth will set you free.
The only history of Christianity i know is from Acts-revelation. Is there any other one u want me to know?
Do u know how long the kingdom of satan has lasted? Does it make it Godly?
U guys are fond of repeating the line "your pastor your pastor" then i ask bring up bible portions to back up ur evidence and u will go mute.

God doesnt love Mary more than he loves me, Mary is not part of the God-head, Mary's position in heaven is the same position all other apostles have, Is there any special throne for mary? Why did non of the apostles have any vision of Mary?

Do u know its an insult for ur son to go to ur mother to tell her to go and tell u to do something for him? It indicates that u are either a bad father or u didnt train the child well. So tell me wat i dont know

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by Megatrix: 7:39am On Oct 16, 2017
The scam continues
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by wealthywiseman: 7:52am On Oct 16, 2017
smile11s:
I am Catholic. But why do we use a white woman to represent Mary and also Jesus. Baffles me tho.

Are Israelites black or white?
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by Megatrix: 7:54am On Oct 16, 2017
internetpo:

You should be ashamed of the so called 2000 yrs history of your blood sucking church. The Catholic church was the single most murderous organization in human history accounting for the deaths of millions who don't conform to the Catholic doctrine in Europe and the crusades in the middle east. The history of the Inquisition is there for anyone to read. Am I going to talk about the current scandal of covering up rampant sexual molestation of children by Catholic priests? Or the numerous lies of supposed miracles by your church. One of the most ridiculous being that Pilate's stairs was somehow miraculously transferred from Jerusalem to Rome and those who ascend it praying on their kness get absolution from their supposed sins. I don't how anyone can be proud of the disgraceful history of the Catholic church
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by Owenmarvis(m): 8:14am On Oct 16, 2017
zionmade1:
Everyday i try hard to convince myself that catholics are not idolaters but these kinds of news keep dealing blows to that believe.

Stupidity is wen u ask mary who is in heaven to help u talk to the person who lives in u. Wat sort of ignorance is that? All through the books of Acts from 3-Revelation there was no where any reverence to mary was made, is it that catholics are wiser than the apostles.
better face ur own business and leave others to there faith who made u mortal a judge mind u everyone will be judged according to there faith

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by mavinc4u(f): 8:16am On Oct 16, 2017
zionmade1:

And why running to pastors for prayers if you can talk to the person who lives in you?

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by zionmade1: 8:17am On Oct 16, 2017
Owenmarvis:
better face ur own business and leave others to there faith who made u mortal a judge mind u everyone will be judged according to there faith
Point of correction, everybody will be judged according to God's standard and no wat they choose to believe.
Secondly if everybody minded his/her own business we wouldnt have been Christians by now
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by Owenmarvis(m): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2017
zionmade1:

The only history of Christianity i know is from Acts-revelation. Is there any other one u want me to know?
U guys are fond of repeating the line "your pastor your pastor" then i ask bring up bible portions to back up ur evidence and u will go mute.

God doesnt love Mary more than he loves me, Mary is not part of the God-head, Mary's position in heaven is the same position all other apostles have, Is there any special throne for mary? Why did non of the apostles have any vision of Mary?

Do u know its an insult for ur son to go to ur mother to tell her to go and tell u to do something for him? It indicates that u are either a bad father or u didnt train the child well. So tell me wat i dont know
dear be careful before u speak heressy

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by Igweann979(f): 8:20am On Oct 16, 2017
okosodo:
These people are sick
it is you that is sick and needs some help! Don't you learn how to mind your business you demon from the pit of hell!

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by Owenmarvis(m): 8:22am On Oct 16, 2017
zionmade1:

Point of correction, everybody will be judged according to God's standard and no wat they choose to believe.
Secondly if everybody minded his/her own business we wouldnt have been Christians by now
so u a now a judge to determine who makes heaven and who's religion is right I wonder the type of Christians we have today who think with there anus

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by zionmade1: 8:27am On Oct 16, 2017
Owenmarvis:
so u a now a judge to determine who makes heaven and who's religion is right I wonder the type of Christians we have today who think with there anus
As a Christian wat do u say about muslims? Now who also made u a judge? The bible teaches wat is right and wrong, is trying to propagate wat the bible says called Judgement?
Do not judge bla bla bla thats why people fornicate on Sunday morning and still go to church them come back and fornicate because nobody wants to stand on God's word and condemn fornication to their face
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by Nofuckgiven: 8:35am On Oct 16, 2017
zionmade1:

As a Christian wat do u say about muslims? Now who also made u a judge? The bible teaches wat is right and wrong, is trying to propagate wat the bible says called Judgement?
Do not judge bla bla bla thats why people fornicate on Sunday morning and still go to church them come back and fornicate because nobody wants to stand on God's word and condemn fornication to their face
Do not ever compare Muslims to Christians. The topic is about Catholics and other denominations. Killing generally is against humanity. Which the Muslims have proven times without number to have no issue with. Even atheists and other religions are against their laws. So don't compare them at all.
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by monex(m): 8:38am On Oct 16, 2017
talented143:
Its called flashing sun phenomenon, browse it, lots of YouTube videos on it,
Nigerians can attribute anything to religion,
Even if its true, I wonder how Sun becomes Mary,
I watch the video on it.
I Dont have Mb I would have posted to videos.
Go and search on fb for Igbo Chibueke's timeline,
Its flooded there

indeed. I attend the catholic church but I know this phenomenon and that it typically occurs at sunset. Granted it rare but it is an overstatement to directly attribute it to an apparition.
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by centboy123456(m): 8:39am On Oct 16, 2017
pennywys:
Proudly Catholic

Bunch of Idol worshippers claiming churchie!
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by zionmade1: 8:41am On Oct 16, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

Do not ever compare Muslims to Christians. The topic is about Catholics and other denominations. Killing generally is against humanity. Which the Muslims have proven times without number to have no issue with. Even atheists and other religions are against their laws. So don't compare them at all.
Now go back to the comment that brought up the comparison and answer the question
Who made u a judge over them?
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by teresafaith: 8:55am On Oct 16, 2017
Mouthgag:
Of Fatima kor, our lady of Aisha ni

Yeye dey smell
The only smell I can perceive from here is your attention seeking syndrome.
now I've noticed you, you can make do with it and shove it down your ass
Our lady of Fatima
Pray for us
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by rims4emmy(m): 9:05am On Oct 16, 2017
how does d image shows and prove that its Mary wht da Bleep is going on here. is not a man or a woman, wht da Bleep
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by Nofuckgiven: 9:28am On Oct 16, 2017
zionmade1:

Now go back to the comment that brought up the comparison and answer the question
Who made u a judge over them?
I am not judging. It is a crime against humanity. Laws have been made in our society against that. The one you are judging hasn't been made into law because it doesn't affect humanity like killing. So you are the one judging because its against your own personal beliefs.
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by Pmary(f): 9:29am On Oct 16, 2017
okosodo:
These people are sick

shey u said they are sick....leave the sick alone. whats a normal person' biz with a sick person
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by daveblessed(m): 9:47am On Oct 16, 2017
zionmade1:

God bless u....u just spoke ma mind
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by IDFWU(m): 10:35am On Oct 16, 2017
I WANTED TO READ ALL THAT UNTIL I SAW IN EDO undecided
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by Mouthgag: 11:28am On Oct 16, 2017
teresafaith:

The only smell I can perceive from here is your attention seeking syndrome.

now I've noticed you, you can make do with it and shove it down your ass

Our lady of Fatima

Pray for us
grin
Olodo
Our lady of mariam grin
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by Vicvalentine: 11:32am On Oct 16, 2017
Do we truly believe in God, or simply practising a habit?
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by internetpo(m): 11:53am On Oct 16, 2017
Megatrix:

You should be ashamed of the so called 2000 yrs history of your blood sucking church. The Catholic church was the single most murderous organization in human history accounting for the deaths of millions who don't conform to the Catholic doctrine in Europe and the crusades in the middle east. The history of the Inquisition is there for anyone to read. Am I going to talk about the current scandal of covering up rampant sexual molestation of children by Catholic priests? Or the numerous lies of supposed miracles by your church. One of the most ridiculous being that Pilate's stairs was somehow miraculously transferred from Jerusalem to Rome and those who ascend it praying on their kness get absolution from their supposed sins. I don't how anyone can be proud of the disgraceful history of the Catholic church

Dear, Far from being ashamed I am proud of my heritage. I was born a catholic but choose to remain a Catholic only out of the result of my intense study and belief in the doctrines of the church and the Holy scriptures. I won't contend with your claims about the church putting to death those who wont conform to its teachings in the past (though your claims of millions of death is highly exaggerated) we see the 'wisdom' in that in the so many translations and meanings given not only to christianity but basic beliefs and teachings like tithes, trinity, everlasting life and the rest you see today in the world. There are different versions of christianity, the bible and gospel message being spread about now. You would be shocked to hear some of them. I still imagine what the world would be like if only we had just one religion or version of christianity.

Megatrix:
Am I going to talk about the current scandal of covering up rampant sexual molestation of children by Catholic priests?[Quote]

You see the there are bad priests that are breaking the vows of their office, which your claim of it being rampant is not true. Priests are human with sexual urges too, their vows don't remove the urges But they are bond by their vows not to express these urges (something I am sure you would find hard to understand). I assure you the church is doing something about these wayward priests.

[quote author=Megatrix post=61464001]
Or the numerous lies of supposed miracles by your church. One of the most ridiculous being that Pilate's stairs was somehow miraculously transferred from Jerusalem to Rome and those who ascend it praying on their kness get absolution from their supposed sins. I don't how anyone can be proud of the disgraceful history of the Catholic church

Lies? So miracles dont happen in that church? I dont know where you got this info about the stairs or if it indeed happened. Even if it did happen, why do you doubt the power of God to make it happen? He once walked on water and raised the dead! (Why wont his mother appear to her children then). And then the ability of the church to absolve people from their sins can indeed be found in the bible, Gospel of John 20 vs 23.

zionmade1:

Open your mind bro. The Bible is no doubt a great book but you can learn alot about the history of christianity from other unbiased sources and authentic books. You'll be numbed by the number of things you didnt know existed.

[quote author=zionmade1 post=61462360]

True God doesn't love Mary more than He loves you. he loves me as equally as he loves you. he has no favorites. expect, David in the bible (pun intended). Its not an insult to go through the mother to the father and the church does not prevent anyone from going to the father directly. Many examples abound of teachings that show how to go Jesus or the father straight in prayers. Many Catholic do go through Mother Mary because they believe she can intercede for them better. Do I need to tell you that our sins sometimes prevent our prayers from being answered but catholic believe that someone in heaven (mary for instance) can intercede for them and despite their sins God can answer their prayers. Do you understand what Intercede means?

Mary is not part of the God-head,
True.

Mary's position in heaven is the same position all other apostles have,
wrong she is the QUEEN of the Apostles. Is there any special throne for mary? Yes! there are lots of thrones in heaven. You and I also have our thrones but you know thrones get level. No throne though beats that of the most high God. His is the ultimate.

Why did non of the apostles have any vision of Mary?
They did. But none was recorded in the Bible, in other books perhaps but non in the Bible The Bible wasn't about Mary - it was more about the Salvation; the eternal love- God has for us his children, starting with in creating man, choosing a special people for himself (the isrealites), dieing for our sins and sending his spirit to us. All loving acts. Its not about Mary.

@ Both

I hardly comment on Catholic/religious issues here on Nairaland because reason and decorum gets thrown out of the window quickly, people will only respond with passion, hate, bias and lots of vitriol. I wont want to derail this tread further. See some links I was able to research on.
www.joelokojie.org

Take a look at them or open a thread and mention me ( I am open to learning from you too) or quote other Catholic defenders Vicvalentine, Salc, everglorious
on Nairsland.

NB: I wont respond to any more mentions here, quote me elsewhere or a new thread on this and I would respond.

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by Vicvalentine: 11:59am On Oct 16, 2017
One question i would really love to Ask is

Do we truly believe in God, or simply practising a habit?

Need a reasonable answer.
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by modele2: 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2017
Lolllll. The topic of this post is very malicious and was obviously floated by an anti catholic.
There was No apparition. All that was reported was that the sun seemed to dance. Become very bright, dim, bright in an unusual pattern. In Fatima 100years ago, an apparition was followed by a similar sign... For Fatima the sun seemed o be falling from the sky.
Before an apparition is agreed to be real there are even investigation steps that should be followed. This has not been done for this so called sighting. So Mary bashers keep quiet abeg.
Re: Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) by ebereokey(m): 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2017
Stupid people, stop the criticism and believe or keep your mouth mute forever

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pastor David Elijah Attacked By Assassins. Bullets Refused To Penetrate Body / Nathaniel Bassey's 30-Day Hallelujah Challenge: Olowogbogboro Thread / Breaking Spiritual Marriages, Spirit Husband And Wife, Sex in the dream.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.