Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Nysc Members Posted To The North - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Members Posted To The North (2107 Views)

Do Corp Members Posted To Army Barracks Get Paid? / NYSC Withdraws Corps Members Posted To Areas Affected By Banditry / A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Members Posted To The North by newbornmacho(m): 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
If you're new to the north by virtue of nysc posting and you find yourself stranded or need assistance finding your feet, express your concerns here or inbox me and I'll be glad to help. Especially young Igbos scared of the north, you don't need to be scared, but you do need a little orientation. Don't just plunge into settling down, or accommodation anyhow . By the way it's not tribalistic, those are my areas of strength: I'm igbo and I stay in the north. Also others may feel free to help these ones.
Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by secretaryabdul(m): 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2017
newbornmacho:
If you're new to the north by virtue of nysc posting and you find yourself stranded or need assistance finding your feet, express your concerns here or inbox me and I'll be glad to help. Especially young Igbos scared of the north, you don't need to be scared, but you do need a little orientation. Don't just plunge into settling down, or accommodation anyhow . By the way it's not tribalistic, those are my areas of strength: I'm igbo and I stay in the north. Also others may feel free to help these ones.
Cheers.
You guys should start packing

1 Like

Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by newbornmacho(m): 8:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
secretaryabdul:

You guys should start packing
Check out this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3868201/advice-fellow-igbos-living-north
I already packed and ready to go. Just conduct a referendum and let me go to my own country. Until then I'm here and you can't do sh... T

1 Like

Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by Chinachriss(m): 10:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
Thank you Bro. I so much appreciate this thread. I'm a fresh graduate and would soon be going for Nysc. Deep down in me, I have a thing for North. My family is not bothered though but my friends have been against my decision. I have already made up my mind to serve in the North so their pieces of advice are otiose. I 'm old enough to go for what I want and desire.

Okay, which state in the North is better? I want to see if I can settle there and engage in agribusiness there. I also love fun and adventure. Thanks for your reply.
Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by Getrich47(m): 10:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
Chinachriss:
Thank you Bro. I so much appreciate this thread. I'm a fresh graduate and would soon be going for Nysc. Deep down in me, I have a thing for North. My family is not bothered though but my friends have been against my decision. I have already made up my ,in to serve in the North so their pieces of advice are otiose. I 'm old enough to go for what I want and desire.

Okay, which state in the North is better? I want to see if I can settle there and engage in agribusiness there. I also love fun and adventure. Thanks for your reply.

Kano, kaduna

3 Likes

Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by newbornmacho(m): 4:20am On Oct 16, 2017
Chinachriss:
Thank you Bro. I so much appreciate this thread. I'm a fresh graduate and would soon be going for Nysc. Deep down in me, I have a thing for North. My family is not bothered though but my friends have been against my decision. I have already made up my ,in to serve in the North so their pieces of advice are otiose. I 'm old enough to go for what I want and desire.

Plateau, Kaduna, Kano are areas that meet your specs. There is a blend of the rural and the urban so you can do your agro and still have a life. Also there are sufficient numbers of non muslims to guarantee diversity and... Some safety. Kano is somewhat less of an agro place than a commerce place, but business is quite fast.
Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by Chinachriss(m): 6:28am On Oct 16, 2017
Alright thanks. How I a accommodation there like? Are we going to rent houses or stay in core members ' lodges? What of areas like Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara? How is feeding like? I'm a voracious eater though. Please, pardon my curiosity.
Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by newbornmacho(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2017
Chinachriss:
Alright thanks. How I a accommodation there like? Are we going to rent houses or stay in core members ' lodges? What of areas like Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara? How is feeding like? I'm a voracious eater though. Please, pardon my curiosity.
many employers offer accommodation to corpers doing ppa with them, corpers lodges also house many. Accommodation is not usually an issue.
There is usually affordable food, but if you're in the remote areas you may have to cook, as the available restaurants may not meet your tastes.

1 Like

Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by Chinachriss(m): 8:56am On Oct 16, 2017
newbornmacho:
many employers offer accommodation to corpers doing ppa with them, corpers lodges also house many. Accommodation is not usually an issue.
There is usually affordable food, but if you're in the remote areas you may have to cook, as the available restaurants may not meet your tastes.
That's fascinating. Biko, which state did you serve or serving? I can't wait to enjoy masa, kunu, suya and other Northern delicacies. Thank you.
Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by newbornmacho(m): 9:11am On Oct 16, 2017
Chinachriss:
That's fascinating. Biko, which state did you serve or serving? I can't wait to enjoy masa, kunu, suya and other Northern delicacies. Thank you.
lets just say I'm not a corper.
Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 16, 2017
Chinachriss:
Thank you Bro. I so much appreciate this thread. I'm a fresh graduate and would soon be going for Nysc. Deep down in me, I have a thing for North. My family is not bothered though but my friends have been against my decision. I have already made up my mind to serve in the North so their pieces of advice are otiose. I 'm old enough to go for what I want and desire.

in same shoes bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by Chinachriss(m): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2017
Surdycole2:

in same shoes bro
Lol. When will you be going for service? My dept is yet to defend project. I guess we will be going next year.
Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by iamawara(m): 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
Chinachriss:

My friend. Kaduna is the best place for. Kaduna or nothing, for ur agribusiness Zaria is for u, KD is a mixed city, I mean both Christians and Muslims stay together and enjoy everything to the fullest. My guy am from Sokoto state, and also a fresh graduate like u, will do everything possible to get KD
Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by Chinachriss(m): 3:37am On Oct 18, 2017
iamawara:

My friend. Kaduna is the best place for. Kaduna or nothing, for ur agribusiness Zaria is for u, KD is a mixed city, I mean both Christians and Muslims stay together and enjoy everything to the fullest. My guy am from Sokoto state, and also a fresh graduate like u, will do everything possible to get KD
Alright boss. Thanks. Will go for that.
Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2017
Chinachriss:
Lol. When will you be going for service? My dept is yet to defend project. I guess we will be going next year.
we just defended project two weeks ago too, we should go for service next year Jan/Feb......
Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by Bari22: 12:41pm On Oct 19, 2017
Proudly from Kano serving in ondo state
Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by eki2000(m): 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2017
Transportation to NYSC camp.

This is to inform prospective Corpers from Akwa Ibom State that Buses from Akwa Ibom Express, Peace mass transit, Adamawa motors, People's Choice transport shall be available at University of Uyo Campus to convey Corpers direct to NYSC camps to any of the states in Nigeria.

You can come to university of Uyo for ur booking immediately after printing your call-up letter.

we are efficient and experienced.

...Taking Corpers to camp since 2015.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by newbornmacho(m): 11:01pm On Oct 20, 2017
eki2000:
Transportation to NYSC camp.

This is to inform prospective Corpers from Akwa Ibom State that Buses from Akwa Ibom Express, Peace mass transit, Adamawa motors, People's Choice transport shall be available at University of Uyo Campus to convey Corpers direct to NYSC camps to any of the states in Nigeria.

You can come to university of Uyo for ur booking immediately after printing your call-up letter.

we are efficient and experienced.

...Taking Corpers to camp since 2015.

Nice one.
Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by Hushee(m): 12:58am On Nov 05, 2017
newbornmacho:

Check out this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3868201/advice-fellow-igbos-living-north
I already packed and ready to go. Just conduct a referendum and let me go to my own country. Until then I'm here and you can't do sh... T

Ignore that guy.
Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by Hushee(m): 12:59am On Nov 05, 2017
Chinachriss:

Come and prosper in Kebbi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by Chinachriss(m): 10:49am On Nov 05, 2017
Hushee:

Come and prosper in Kebbi.
Boss, are you in Kebbi?
Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by hakimi1974(m): 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2017
Hushee:

Ignore that guy.
@hushee you tried reaching me via e-mail. this is my e-mail. kinga2082@gmail.com.
Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by Coolgent(m): 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2017
Sokoto corpers how far
Re: Nysc Members Posted To The North by Hushee(m): 10:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
Chinachriss:
Boss, are you in Kebbi?

Yes bro

(1) (Reply)

Freelance For Smartphone / Companies In Need Of Corpers In Lagos / NYSC PPA In Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.