Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:58 PM

"There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande (20341 Views)

Osinbajo Never Prayed For Buhari To Die In RCCG - Laolu Akande To Festus Adebayo / Right Of Reply To Pendulum Open Letter To The Vp By Laolu Akande / Asari Dokubo: Osinbajo Has A PhD In Lying Now Over NNPC Contract (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by yanshDoctor: 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
DutchBruh:
$25billion oil money is still missing,,,Them set enquiry, them say money no loss si ooo,E no finish,,,,, E no finish,,,,, E no finish,,,,, E no finish,,,,, E no finish,,,,, E no finish,,,,, tanta taranran ( buhari 1977, same buhari 2017)

Lyrics: Army Arrangement (Fela Kuti and Egypt 80)
Whether you like or you no like
after you hear this true talk
if you like e good
CHORUS: Ge ge
if you no like you hang
if you hang you go die
you go die for nothing
you go carry your body go police station
you die e wrongfully
CHORUS: Ge ge, Ge Ge, Ge (Repeat verse)
Man dey suffer him no fit talk na condition
man dey suffer him no fit talk na condition too
suffer dey Africa, ba ba da ba
I suffer dey ba ba da ba
condition dey e ba ba da ba
Me I no say you be African e man
and we dey suffer ba ba da ba
which condition you dey I don’t know
the condition me I dey me I know
My condition don’t teach make I act
Oh
If your condition today make you shake
and you still dey not talk the may you feel
make you open your eyes very well
to hear the truth talk me I dey talk
listen make you dey gree for me
Every day and night you dey hear me talk
One day yourself you go gree with me
to dey act the way as you dey feel
remember if you no act your own
one day of course we must die
Nigeria gettin money
foreign money from oversea
announcement start to happen
newspaper carry dem paper
radio dey shout for studio
Obasanjo turn vocalist
Yaraduwa road manager
every government statement
seven billion Naira missing
missing from oversea
foreign currency scandal
dey start to arrest everybodyo
e no finish, e no finish, e no finish
doctors, lawyers, auxilliars
Ingeniors, photographers
all of dem kirikiri
10 to 15 years of jail
after one year inside jail
civilian government take over
Dem releasy all of dem
Dem say dem be innocentio
Two point eight billion Naira
Oil money is still missing
Dey set up inquiry
Dey say money no lost eo
Dey dabaru everybody
supervisor Obasanjo
Dey say make him no talk o
Money no lost dem shout again
Inquiry come closeoo
election story inko
Obasanjo plan am very well
him take all politicians
who rule Nigeria before
the same old politicians
who spoil Nigeria before
Obasanjo carry all of dem
All of dem dey there now
the young Africans dey get two ears for head
dem get two eye too
Dem dey see the thing wey dey happen
Dem dey hear am too
Few people dey fat with biggy money
and the rest dey hungry
me Fela, I challengie Obasanjo
na way he the all the time
make him carry me go any court
I go open book for am
Now whyo government e we dey do
eh bamihoo
na weak e government e dey oo
eh barri bao
now barri bao
now paddi paddi government we dey
eba me o
CHORUS: yeah
plenty money
plenty money
paddi paddi, arrangeni
yeah whyo, whyo, economics, yeah
I am together, gimme the answer
CHORUS: Army arrangement
paddi paddi ad am together
Economic ad them together
Division or multiplication
Mathematicians, put am together
Division or multiplication
One asnwer you get
money, money, put am together
CHORUS: youdi, yousile
CHORUS:
one day maybe one day
those say dey steal money for government

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by KingOfSkills: 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
ArmedRobber:
asinwin olopoplo dorikodo kosi lo grin
there is sawdust inside your brain, pls go for surgery
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by bakila: 9:20pm On Oct 15, 2017
vedaxcool:
Only pigs and idiots cannot comprehend simple information- Nnamdi Cownu
Simple, they seek to distort the truth in order to create the kind of corrupt government of their heart desire. Alas this is not so, but they will try again later.

2 Likes

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by gGGODDd(m): 9:21pm On Oct 15, 2017
Y'all leave APC the fukk alone, pdp looted the country for 16yrs. they stole and they felt that they'd never leave?APC do what ever the fukk u want, crack down on 'em pdp mofos. they Aint seen nothing yet.
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by permit(m): 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
Nigeria gvt is the real EVANS not the mr, and u wonder why mr evans got zero chill takin his share wit force?

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by Etianwanokon: 9:38pm On Oct 15, 2017
Jehovah you are the most high
Jehovah you are the most high God.

2 Likes

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by GavelSlam: 9:45pm On Oct 15, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:
APC THINK SEY WE BE FOOL? grin grin grin
And they are right.

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by jacyhelen(f): 9:51pm On Oct 15, 2017
ev4real:
The Presidency has faulted reports that $25bn worth of oil contracts were awarded by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) or that $25bn was missing in the NNPC.

This was contained in a statement issued on Sunday by the Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande.

“No contracts were procured by the NNPC based on the leaked memo of the Petroleum Resources Minister of State, Dr Ibe Kachikwu, even though such impressions have been maliciously created in the past few weeks,” the statement said.

On October 12, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had said he granted authorisation to two ventures from the corporation while President Muhammadu Buhari was on medical leave.

He had noted that the approvals were specifically for financing joint ventures through loans and not contracts.

Akande, who was answering questions from reporters in Abuja on the matter, said that a closer look at each of the said projects indicated clearly that “these are not procurement contracts.”

“When I tweeted on Thursday morning last week, I had indicated that the Vice President, while acting as president approved Joint Venture Financing arrangements,” he said.

“But for some curious reasons, a few media reports used that tweet to report that I said the then Acting President approved N640 Billion worth of oil contracts. Such reporting is both false and misleading and, therefore, ought to be completely ignored by all seekers of truth.”

The Vice President’s aide, however, said that what was more important was that none of the referenced projects and transactions revealed by the NNPC was actually a procurement contract.

“Take both the Crude Term Contract and the Direct Sale, Direct Purchase (DSDP) agreements, for instance, these are not procurement contracts involving the expenditure of public funds,” he said.

“Both transactions are simply a shortlisting process, in which prospective off-takers of crude oil and suppliers of petroleum are selected under agreed terms, and in accordance with due process. It is therefore wrong and misleading to refer to them as though they’re contracts involving the expenditure of NNPC funds, or public funds of any sort.

“As you now know, the Honorable Minister of Petroleum Resources himself has in fact clarified that he meant to focus on administrative and governance issues, not red-flag any fraud – because no fraud exists in this matter,” he added.

Akande also maintained that it was untrue and inaccurate to attach $10B and $5B values on both contracts, saying “attaching monetary values to these contracts is an arbitrary act that completely distorts understanding of the situation.”

“Whenever there is a monetary value on any consignment of crude oil lifted in this country by any firm, the proceeds go directly to the Federation Account and not to any company. In fact, the Buhari administration in the implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) has closed down multiple NNPC accounts in order to promote transparency and probity.”

He explained further that in compiling the shortlisting for the prospective off-takers of crude oil and suppliers of petroleum under agreed terms, there were public placements of advertisements in the mass media seeking Expressions of Interest (EoI).

Osinbajo’s spokesman added that bids were publicly opened in the presence of regulatory agencies in the sector and civil society groups among others.

He said, “For the sake of emphasis, let me state clearly that both the Crude Term Contract and the Direct Sale and Direct Purchase agreements are not contracts for any procurement of goods, works or services, and, therefore, do not involve the use of public funds; instead, they are simply a shortlisting of off-takers.

“It is important to set the records straight that the list of approved off-takers does not carry any financial values but simply states the terms and conditions for the lifting and supply of petroleum products.”

Akande also informed that the Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) Gas Pipeline Contract was a contractor-financed contract which has not yet been finalised or awarded, saying it is making its way to the Federal Executive Council.

He added, “There were also three presidential approvals given on Joint Venture financing arrangements, meaning loans to cater for cash call obligations – one of these was okayed by the President in 2015, and two by the then Acting President in 2017.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/10/15/breaking-no-25bn-nnpc-contracts-anywhere-says-presidency/

oya zombies come and defend una master!!!..shamless old fools leading Nigerians!!!

3 Likes

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by jacyhelen(f): 9:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
ev4real:
The Presidency has faulted reports that $25bn worth of oil contracts were awarded by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) or that $25bn was missing in the NNPC.

This was contained in a statement issued on Sunday by the Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande.

“No contracts were procured by the NNPC based on the leaked memo of the Petroleum Resources Minister of State, Dr Ibe Kachikwu, even though such impressions have been maliciously created in the past few weeks,” the statement said.

On October 12, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had said he granted authorisation to two ventures from the corporation while President Muhammadu Buhari was on medical leave.

He had noted that the approvals were specifically for financing joint ventures through loans and not contracts.

Akande, who was answering questions from reporters in Abuja on the matter, said that a closer look at each of the said projects indicated clearly that “these are not procurement contracts.”

“When I tweeted on Thursday morning last week, I had indicated that the Vice President, while acting as president approved Joint Venture Financing arrangements,” he said.

“But for some curious reasons, a few media reports used that tweet to report that I said the then Acting President approved N640 Billion worth of oil contracts. Such reporting is both false and misleading and, therefore, ought to be completely ignored by all seekers of truth.”

The Vice President’s aide, however, said that what was more important was that none of the referenced projects and transactions revealed by the NNPC was actually a procurement contract.

“Take both the Crude Term Contract and the Direct Sale, Direct Purchase (DSDP) agreements, for instance, these are not procurement contracts involving the expenditure of public funds,” he said.

“Both transactions are simply a shortlisting process, in which prospective off-takers of crude oil and suppliers of petroleum are selected under agreed terms, and in accordance with due process. It is therefore wrong and misleading to refer to them as though they’re contracts involving the expenditure of NNPC funds, or public funds of any sort.

“As you now know, the Honorable Minister of Petroleum Resources himself has in fact clarified that he meant to focus on administrative and governance issues, not red-flag any fraud – because no fraud exists in this matter,” he added.

Akande also maintained that it was untrue and inaccurate to attach $10B and $5B values on both contracts, saying “attaching monetary values to these contracts is an arbitrary act that completely distorts understanding of the situation.”

“Whenever there is a monetary value on any consignment of crude oil lifted in this country by any firm, the proceeds go directly to the Federation Account and not to any company. In fact, the Buhari administration in the implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) has closed down multiple NNPC accounts in order to promote transparency and probity.”

He explained further that in compiling the shortlisting for the prospective off-takers of crude oil and suppliers of petroleum under agreed terms, there were public placements of advertisements in the mass media seeking Expressions of Interest (EoI).

Osinbajo’s spokesman added that bids were publicly opened in the presence of regulatory agencies in the sector and civil society groups among others.

He said, “For the sake of emphasis, let me state clearly that both the Crude Term Contract and the Direct Sale and Direct Purchase agreements are not contracts for any procurement of goods, works or services, and, therefore, do not involve the use of public funds; instead, they are simply a shortlisting of off-takers.

“It is important to set the records straight that the list of approved off-takers does not carry any financial values but simply states the terms and conditions for the lifting and supply of petroleum products.”

Akande also informed that the Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) Gas Pipeline Contract was a contractor-financed contract which has not yet been finalised or awarded, saying it is making its way to the Federal Executive Council.

He added, “There were also three presidential approvals given on Joint Venture financing arrangements, meaning loans to cater for cash call obligations – one of these was okayed by the President in 2015, and two by the then Acting President in 2017.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/10/15/breaking-no-25bn-nnpc-contracts-anywhere-says-presidency/

oya zombies come and defend una master!!!..shamless old fools leading Nigerians!!!

2 Likes

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by somehow: 9:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
Pls can you help me with the part of the leaked letter that mentioned missing money?
01Alpha:
is it that kachukwu don't know what he is doing or the presidency is lying?

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by somehow: 9:54pm On Oct 15, 2017
I have tried to see where Kachikwu stated any missing money. How did this even turn to missing money story self?

Did I read a wrong leaked letter? Someone should help me with the right one.

3 Likes

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by edupedia: 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
Spylord48:
denial as usual.
This government sef

...so?....truth say maik den no tok am?...sebi u na dey lie lie say dem tief $25b....u mumus who can't apply the little education wey una get....shame on u all....
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by AntiWailer: 9:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
Lomprico2:

So which contract did baru said he took to d VP to sign, that d vp's aid said he did sign and then the VP came out to refute that he dint sign?

And pls when giving the reply to these try not to sound like a chronic idiot!

When you quote Baru in his exact words where he said he got approval of contract of 25Billion dollars then we can start a conversation.

I will not be chasing ghost and shadow based on what you heard from Fayose or FANI KAYODE.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by jacyhelen(f): 10:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
When jesus said its is finished,he had Nigeria in Mind!!!
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
OK....is it $56Billion?
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by bkool7(m): 10:15pm On Oct 15, 2017
paBuhari:
Let the lies commence! cheesy No investigation nothing. Presidency/cabal just came out to say there is no $25 billion contract. The same contract Baru claimed Jubril approved on his sick bed in London few days ago.
By the time vegetable's govt loot zoo dry, Zoogerians will beg Kenya for visa to live in their zoo. grin cheesy

This news is meant for zombies.

Pls, when did Baru say a particular Jubril approved a $25b contract or even any contract at all?

Igbos and propaganda.

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by blacknp(m): 10:16pm On Oct 15, 2017
paBuhari:
Let the lies commence! cheesy No investigation nothing. Presidency/cabal just came out to say there is no $25 billion contract. The same contract Baru claimed Jubril approved on his sick bed in London few days ago.
By the time vegetable's govt loot zoo dry, Zoogerians will beg Kenya for visa to live in their zoo. grin cheesy

This news is meant for zombies.
You need a woman in your life.
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by bkool7(m): 10:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
MyNewJackeT:
so they're are trying to say kachukwu's memo did not leak. that kachukwu does not know his job

this is a real test to zombies.

sip it while it's hot

Kachikwu knows his job.

But I think You Igbos have comprehension prob.

https://www.mycelebrityandi.com/my-memo-to-president-buhari-misunderstood-wasnt-about-corruption-ibe-kachikwu/

2 Likes

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by bkool7(m): 10:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
Letslive:
Jonathan Nigerians are really sorry and God forgive Nigerians

Speak for yourself and Ipob Mr
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by blacknp(m): 10:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
MyNewJackeT:
so they're are trying to say kachukwu's memo did not leak. that kachukwu does not know his job

this is a real test to zombies.

sip it while it's hot
Sure the leaked memo from a junior Minister is right and the whole NNPC corporation and oil and gas associations are wrong?Use your common sense MR Man your head can't be that empty?

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by ArmedRobber: 10:20pm On Oct 15, 2017
KingOfSkills:
there is sawdust inside your brain, pls go for surgery
no need to exchange insult with a ret@rd like you. since peddling lies makes u feel happy you re free to continue living happily in ur delusion
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by bkool7(m): 10:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
01Alpha:
is it that kachukwu don't know what he is doing or the presidency is lying?

The things is....Nairaland has been infiltrated by 2go-Jambite kids with monkey brains and suffering from monkey-pox.

They cant comprehend simple sentence

https://www.mycelebrityandi.com/my-memo-to-president-buhari-misunderstood-wasnt-about-corruption-ibe-kachikwu/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by bkool7(m): 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
jacyhelen:

The joke's on you

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by MyNewJackeT: 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
bkool7:

Kachikwu knows his job.

But I think You Igbos have comprehension prob.

you really thought I as going to click on that link huh?

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by blacknp(m): 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
jacyhelen:

Shameless old fools,Are you referring to your Father?or he falls under the category of a Youth?
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by MyNewJackeT: 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
edupedia:

...so?....truth say maik den no tok am?...sebi u na dey lie lie say dem tief $25b....u mumus who can't apply the little education wey una get....shame on u all....

do you even know how contracts are awarded?

but you believe deziani stole 90 billion don't you.

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by eagleu: 10:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
ArmedRobber:
at times it is better to keep quiet and pretend like genius rather that making fool of yourself with stupid comment

BMC official, please rely with facts so that you can earn your allowance from your thieving patron who calls himself president, not childish insults

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by eagleu: 10:51pm On Oct 15, 2017
AntiWailer:

No 25billion was missing. Stop sounding like a chronic idiot

Can u quote the part of Kachukwu's memo that says 25billion is missing ?

Take time and refute the facts, not lob childish insults.

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by CioAngels(f): 10:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
ev4real:

He has come again, are you Udumadugha who should speak. Happy been used.
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by AntiWailer: 10:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
eagleu:

Take time and refute the facts, not lob childish insults.

Av u quoted the fact ?

Or u are not educated enough to know what fact and speculation means ?
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by Priest69(m): 10:57pm On Oct 15, 2017
Nigeria= animal farm
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by Frankbaro(m): 11:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
Osibanjo might be more evil that Buhari. That's his spokesman talking. We're not all foolish, Anyway Their zombies are.

Money no loss , them shout again , enquiry come close - Fela
At least their was an inquiry then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Humphrey Nwosu Writes Buhari On Abiola’s Award / APC Asks Security Agencies To Investigate Seyi Makinde’s Role In Kogi Election / Doubts Over Suicide Committed By Soldier Working With B/haram Fighters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.