Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did (40223 Views)

Nigerian Medical Student Acknowledged For Outstanding Performance In USA / UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation / Lecturer Caught In A Hotel With His Student In Cross River State (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by seuncyber(m): 8:22am On Oct 16, 2017
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by sureheaven(m): 8:23am On Oct 16, 2017
This in anyway shouldn't be a problem to the prof whatsoever. The sweetheart might be the source of his aspirations and inspiration.

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by sod09(m): 8:25am On Oct 16, 2017
those lecturers are sick, imagine one telling me to acknowledge the HOD before my parent for my final project, well i printed the one with HOD's name as department copy and the original as my project. cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by iamawara(m): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2017
Prof been dey single. Then why e dey jealous this hard working poor dude. Afonjas are good in that sha
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by AuroraB(f): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2017
Before you blab and question the Lecturer's decision, be sure you dedicated yours to 'sweetheart' or would be doing so undecided undecided undecided

Generation of vipers grin angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by anthony533(m): 8:28am On Oct 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand with the Prof.

A degree is earned in character and in learning.

This student has proven himself to be bereft of noble character if the source of his inspiration for an academic thesis is something as mundane and immoral as the amorous company of a female bedfellow.

It is one thing to be involved in premarital sexual escapades, it's another thing to celebrate it on the pages of an academic literary work for posterity to see.

Morals have gone extinct.

If I were this Prof, this student will fail.
Gbam!
The mod that unbanned you has eventually done a terrible mistake to a clown like you.

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Ismotechventure: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2017
Acknowledgement is student's property, i don't think supervisor should have anything to do with it. Mind you project is formal report, so language used must be formal

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by adonisgold: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2017
He will probably thank the Prof later in life when he breaks up with the girl and marries some one else. It would be really stupid to have your ex in your dissertation. Keep your dedication to your family and supervisor.

4 Likes

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Anstalk(f): 8:28am On Oct 16, 2017
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by maxnedu11(m): 8:29am On Oct 16, 2017
the word sweetheart ruined everything. he should have used something lighter (good friend)

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by jobbers: 8:40am On Oct 16, 2017
hmm
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by 1metre: 8:40am On Oct 16, 2017
The prof expects the scholar to show some decorum. Most lectures are like that esp the sadistic ones.
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by akogun316(m): 8:42am On Oct 16, 2017
The book... "Art of seduction" by Robert Greene
In this book the author (Robert Greene) acknowledged his Late cat (his pet) and also the new cat he bought to replace the former.
Robert Greene also authored " 48 Laws of Power and 33 strategy of war
I think this Prof should have to mind his business and not question who his student wants to acknowledge or not

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by efonat(m): 8:45am On Oct 16, 2017
The problem is not the sweeheart he mentioned but the miss. That means hes not married to her yet.
Enskynelson:

Prof is of the view that the guy has questionable character by acknowledging a lady who he called sweetheart in his project and feels the guy is not worthy in character!

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Awoofawo(m): 8:45am On Oct 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand with the Prof.

This student has proven himself to be bereft of noble character if the source of his inspiration for an academic thesis is something as mundane and immoral as the amorous company of a female bedfellow.

It is one thing to be involved in premarital sexual escapades, it's another thing to celebrate it on the pages of an academic literary work for posterity to see.

Gbam!
Who inject you with common sense virus.............................?!

All your post since you come back Nairaland jail are real making sense.......you dey fear to go back?!

Abeg no fear jare.......do like man and call dem buff grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 16, 2017
annnikky:
I concur undecided
eh concurrer
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Jman06(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2017
Imagine the kind of people parading themselves as lecturers in our universities! Bigots who can't make rational decisions. Please what's wrong in acknowledging ones lover in a thesis? Does the lecturer know the contributions that lover may have made in the guy's life.

I think it is the so called prof that has character issues, not the student.

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by alenwup(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2017
Prof might probably not concern if the word "sweetheart" isn't used. That singular word and (miss) do not make the work serious and academic (my thoughts, though)

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand with the Prof.

Gbam!
Inspiration could be drawn from anywhere. The fact you get yours from something doesn't mean the other person's source of inspiration is wrong.
Your comment is totally wrong. Pls change your mindset.

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by pedrilo: 8:49am On Oct 16, 2017
I acknowledged bae in my thesis too but I simply referred to her as a special friend.
That researcher assumed a morally condescending posture in his choice of words (character flaw)
As a reseacher, you must understand your supervisor by possessing two key elements of emotional intelligence, i.e self awareness and self regulation.
The researcher simply doesnt understand his supervisor and lacks self control.

2 Likes

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Onorie(f): 8:51am On Oct 16, 2017
well, i'm not surprised because something similar happened back in my days at the university. I acknowledged a colleague that was in same group with me and he in turn did same; little did we know the external supervisor took note of it. I got in for my defense and I had to defend the reason for acknowledging my colleague...lol
For me, I think the student wouldn't have used "sweetheart", he should have mentioned just her name definitely he knows what she is to him and the place she holds in his heart.

3 Likes

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by anyebedgreat: 8:53am On Oct 16, 2017
adonisgold:
He will probably thank the Prof later in life when he breaks up with the girl and marries some one else. It would be really stupid to have your ex in your dissertation. Keep your dedication to your family and supervisor.
Thank you. You just saved me the stress of commenting.

2 Likes

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by brownsugar23: 8:56am On Oct 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand with the Prof.

Gbam!

Am not surprised at your view

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by ceeceeuwa: 8:57am On Oct 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand with the Prof.

Gbam!
Which planet you come from?

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Vetsolo(m): 8:58am On Oct 16, 2017
DozieInc:
The Prof needs more details... maybe to research on "how to be inspired and encouraged"
Prof has zero chillz.

aproko lecturer u wan no the detail abi pa ra e na

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by chiraqDemon(m): 8:58am On Oct 16, 2017
Person acknowledge God in him work, no wahala, him acknowledge person wey for don de help am financially, run around to help an get some materials and some other things, and this prof Dr get wahala with am. Smh

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by ceeceeuwa: 9:00am On Oct 16, 2017
efonat:
The problem is not the sweeheart he mentioned but the miss. That means hes not married to her yet.
Who made him the judge over his private life?
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand with the Prof.

Gbam!

I had to check the Username twice.
God help us.

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Origin(f): 9:05am On Oct 16, 2017
Sweetheart are the people that clean and cook while you are writing project.

So they deserve acknowledgment.

2 Likes

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by awesomesossy(f): 9:06am On Oct 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand with the Prof.

Gbam!
Ignoramus undecided

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by mooregan(m): 9:12am On Oct 16, 2017
When I wrote my project I acknowledged my girlfriend cos she was of immense financial help to me.

Though we not together again, I have no regrets

2 Likes

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Donjazzy12(m): 9:14am On Oct 16, 2017
Enskynelson:
I was struck when I saw this post by a lecturer (prof). Prof was marking his student's seminar and felt something was wrong about the dedication because the student acknowledged his supposed 'sweetheart.' What is your take on this? Is anything really wrong with the student's character as the prof has pointed out or the prof was being too extreme and religious?
Most young men of nowadays are fools! How many ladies will acknowledge their boyfriends?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Female UNIABUJA Undergraduate Is Missing!! Have You Seen Her? (Photos) / Nigerian Universities And Their Catchment Areas (states) / Obi Cubana On UNIZIK Exam Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.